Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
FreedomFighter

Laptop Restored Itself Over Night

So last night I turned off my laptop and went to sleep as usual but this afternoon when I turned it on, everything had been restored and I lost everything!!! All my documents, pictures, music etc. As if I had just bought the laptop brand new. I dont understand how this can happen overnight while my laptop is OFF..seriously, what gives? Can a computer get a virus and go bonkers even while its off?

:(

(salam)

Do you have more than one "user account" ?

Do a search, go to start ---> search : and search for any files you remember that were in your "my documents" folder. If you don't remember the full file name you can type in part of the file name followed by a star, for example: "shiachat.doc" ---> "shia*.*" this will find all files starting with shia..and with all extension types.

To answer your question, a virus can only run on your computer if your computer is on. It needs a power supply. A virus is just a program or set of commands, which your computer executes.

ws

So last night I turned off my laptop and went to sleep as usual but this afternoon when I turned it on, everything had been restored and I lost everything!!! All my documents, pictures, music etc. As if I had just bought the laptop brand new. I dont understand how this can happen overnight while my laptop is OFF..seriously, what gives? Can a computer get a virus and go bonkers even while its off?

:(

Errr, where were the files? My Documents? You should look for them at C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\My Documents

C:\ is no wise place to save data files... You should change My Documents from C:\ to D:\