Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Imams Incomes?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Just the other day I heard that Imam Ali (as) worked as a gardener (actually it was more along the lines of him working in a Fig/Date/Dry Fruit garden). Can anyone support or refute this for me? I never really thought about this.

While we are on this topic can anyone enlighten me as to how the Imam's made income. I read that Imam Muhammad Baqir (as) owned farm lands but how did the other Imams (as) maintain their living expenses?

I know this may seem like a rather stupid question but its something that I was wondering about.

• Advanced Member

my mom told me that all the imams(a.s) own lands/fields but except imam ali (a.s) but imam always use those lands or fields etc... in helping people

and in imam ali(a.s)'s time of imamat he worked..............as a gardener or cut the trees from jungle and sold thoses wood. and many other works but he did work

its true

• Veteran Member
my mom told me that all the imams(a.s) own lands/fields but except imam ali (a.s) but imam always use those lands or fields etc... in helping people

and in imam ali(a.s)'s time of imamat he worked..............as a gardener or cut the trees from jungle and sold thoses wood. and many other works but he did work

its true

• Advanced Member
Just the other day I heard that Imam Ali (as) worked as a gardener (actually it was more along the lines of him working in a Fig/Date/Dry Fruit garden). Can anyone support or refute this for me? I never really thought about this.

While we are on this topic can anyone enlighten me as to how the Imam's made income. I read that Imam Muhammad Baqir (as) owned farm lands but how did the other Imams (as) maintain their living expenses?

I know this may seem like a rather stupid question but its something that I was wondering about.

omg freaky i found that out the other day too

and imam hassan ran some kind of shelter which provided food for homeless or travellers - somehting like that

apparently he was rich

• Veteran Member
omg freaky i found that out the other day too

and imam hassan ran some kind of shelter which provided food for homeless or travellers - somehting like that

apparently he was rich

I heard that about Imam Hasan (as) also. I assume that it applied to Imam Husain (as) as well. I guess that the money and lands also made their way down to Imam Baqir (as) and Imam Jafar (as). I believe it was after that the financial hardships started appearing for the Imams (as). I've read that 9th - 11th Imams (as) suffered great hardships as did their families. Does anyone know anything about this?

Edited by Akbar673