Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peace

Adoption - Has Anyone Actually Done This ?

Rate this topic

Guest Peace

(salam)

Has anyone on this forum adopted a child? If they have would they care to share the process ?

Does anyone work in/with adoption, foster services - Care to describe the rules and regulations regarding home + overseas adoption in their respective countries.

Thanks

Guest Peace

I know people make a big issue of hijab rules but I think the need for children to be adopted outweighs the potential hurt that they may feel at not being touched, hugged in my opinion. At least its safety from exploitation at the very least. Also the child may not decide to be a muslim and I would not enforce hijab on a girl I adopted just to make it acceptable to me. I probably wont adopt God knows best but I am just interested in those who have cause I think its an amazing act if done well. If i had my way id adopt an overseas child but overseas adoption is hard in UK. I just think if I had a like-minded hubby how nice it would be to adopt during early years of marriage a child who is at least 5 to about 8 or so. It wud mean I could work and look after child - it can go school during day. However of course there will be problems and issues. The hijab related issues should not hinder someon who is keen - I think children should understand and if they do not its not as if it doesnt happen anyways in families when a younger cousin who you previously hugged and kissed and were around without hijab is now not touched cus he has just turned baligh. I have a few younger cousins who are around pubertal/crossed pubertal phase. They are same age as my little bro and honestly I find that hard - not kissing a baby cousin ( 13 ish etc). Anyways as the saying goes :

why do u say that which u do not do - Allah hates it when u say that which u do not do

Talking and dreams are easy in this case.

Edited by Peace