Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
salmany

The Amman Message: Please Endorse It

Rate this topic

salamu `alaykum

I pray everyone is well and in the best of health. May Allah grant us all good in this life and the next.

I would encourage all the members of this forum to endorse "The Amman Message" (www.ammanmessage.com), a three point message that stresses tolerance and the impermissibility of declaring any valid Muslim group as out of the fold of Islam. Just go to the website and see what it's about.

To endorse it, click on "Endorse" on the top right corner of the website.

It has been signed by a large number of Sunni, Shi`a (zaydi an ithna asheri), and Ibadi scholars and was released only after due consultation with them.

It would be nice of `Ali or someone could make this a sticky and spread the word on Shiachat.

With prayers for your success

Wasalam

Salman

Edited by salmany

he Amman Message started as a detailed statement released the eve of the 27th of Ramadan 1425 AH / 9th November 2004 CE by H.M. King Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein...

you want us to endorse a statement by someone who supported the Zionist entity while it was slaughtering Shias in Lebanon? Jordan Egypt and "Saudi" Arabia are the three puppets of USraeil... and despite these nice sounding statements, is very much of a anti-Shia --- why do people here jump up and down about "wahabbi" this and "whabbi" that --- and then end up spporting this kinda two faced nonsense?

"Late in 2004, King Abdullah of Jordan coined a controversial phrase that still resonates powerfully in the Middle East: there was, he argued, a "Shia crescent" that went from Damascus to Tehran, passing through Baghdad, where a Shia-dominated government had taken power and was dictating a sectarian brand of politics that was radiating outwards from Iraq across the whole region."

Alhamdulillah! It's great to see you back, akhi. How do I sign/endorse. I looked at the website and couldn't figure out how.

salamu `alaykum

I pray you are well.

On the website, look at the top right corner and you'll see a link "Endorse".

This is not being endorsed because of King `Abd Allah but because the inheritors of the Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) had a considerable role in formulating it. It is a very positive step towards ridding the "takfiri" attitude that is so prevalent amongst certain segments of the community.

With prayers

Wasalam

salman