Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What Can I Do With My Areeza?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam Alaykum

This question may sound funny, but it is a genuine question. I can't go outside to the River to dump my Areeza. Also, there are no wells. It would be too hard to bury it since by the time I bring the shovel out, I'll get stopped and/or I'll get arrested. I could tear up the Areeza or just leave it as is and flush it down the toilet, however. I don't want to risk dumping it down the sink's drain (it might get clogged up). So can I flush the Areeza down the toilet? JazakAllahu Khair.

On the matter of Areeza, is it possible that I can write my Areeza in my Native Language (English) instead of Arabic? I don't speak enough Arabic to write a letter that'll make sense. JazakAllahu Khair.

[Note from Mod: I've just edited the title of this thread.]

Edited by -ZeinaB-
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Advanced Member
How can there be no river or creek near where you live?!

The toilet? That just seems so wrong. . .

Salaam Alaykum

There is a creek, but my family has me on lockdown. If I leave the house, I'll get yelled at unless I say that I am going to the corner store. However, I need to send it today, and I can't go down to the creek today. :(

• Advanced Member
Salaam Alaykum

This question may sound funny, but it is a genuine question. I can't go outside to the River to dump my Areeza. Also, there are no wells. It would be too hard to bury it since by the time I bring the shovel out, I'll get stopped and/or I'll get arrested. I could tear up the Areeza or just leave it as is and flush it down the toilet, however. I don't want to risk dumping it down the sink's drain (it might get clogged up). So can I flush the Areeza down the toilet? JazakAllahu Khair.

On the matter of Areeza, is it possible that I can write my Areeza in my Native Language (English) instead of Arabic? I don't speak enough Arabic to write a letter that'll make sense. JazakAllahu Khair.

Surely, but dont forget that an areeza starts with "Bismillah hir rahmaan ar raheem" if you I think it is permitted to flush the names of Allah (rahmaan and raheem) down the toilet, you may. When people have flushed the holy Quran down the toilet in cuban prisons, I wouldnt be surprised if a pervert flushes down an areeza.

Edited by zuhair_naqvi
  • Advanced Member
I need to send it today :(

He thought about all ways and he found that his only way out was sending it down the toilet. Now you could try to help by giving advice and not point things out your post was just rude and pointless (not being rude) just thought i'd say what i thought i should say.

• Advanced Member

Hey if hes like this for real, he needs to take a deep breath and step back and look at how hes thinking. He isnt using his common sense. As for your question ZulfiqarAbdullah, about if you can use English, sure you can. If you believe that you can throw your letter in a river and that the Imam (as) will read it or come to know of it, i'm sure he can understand your english too (there are narrations that the imams can speak to people in their own language, so dont see why they cant understand them). Ive written areeza's in english myself. If you want to go by the book, then send the areeza to someone who can throw it in the river. Putting it in a river today, will not magically give you what you desire. You need to stop being so obsessed with the trivial details of dua and tawasul (intercession). Your intention is to ask the Imam to interceed on your behalf today, take the action today, write it, say it, and inshallah the Imam will heed your call.

Smiley his question is insulting. And if hes genuine, he really needs to think things through before he posts them. I mean whats next? No taps in the house are working so in order to have kurr water he wants to do wudu with water from the toilet? I mean come on. Who said becoming muslim meant that your common sense goes out the window.

• Advanced Member

to be truthful i dont really have much faith in this put a letter in the river/well thing. and i couldnt be bothered looking it up past online search on duas.org. Asked dad about it because really this areeza business is big in iran and its something which i think people in the old days would do with zeal. I asked him because i think i remember reading that if you couldnt put it in a river you could bury it in the earth. Dad did a bit of an ali shariati and went philosophical on me and said yeah its all about returning it to nature, water making up most of the planet, its the first choice and its about contemplating the vastness of the world and the comparative minuteness of your problems, and casting off your worries and requests in the water is psychologically putting them aside letting them wash away, and entrusting them to God (via the imam). But he said you can also bury it. Now given I cant be bothered looking it up in the book i read it in, perhaps someone else can confirm this. You can bury your problem/request, and be at ease! :!!!:

• Advanced Member

yeah apparently you can bury it. the link below was provided by the bearded wonder, cyan garamond. :D

http://www.al-islam.org/organizations/Aali...k/msg00282.html

Salaamun alaykum,

The reply to the following question on Ariza was kinldy provided

by Moulana Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi.

Wasalaam,

Mustafa Rawji

Acting Moderator, 'Aalim Network

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION:

When we write an ariza to the Imam, we have to throw it in the water

or dig a small hole and keep the ariza in the ground. Now I think that you

should not go and dig the hole and see if the paper is there, but my brother

is curious and he wants to see if the paper is still there or if it isn't

there.

I would be grateful if I could get an answer to this question. I

would like the question to be answered according to the fatwa of Ayatullah

Seestani.

ANSWER:

Ariza is basically a du`a which, instead of saying, you write it

down on a piece of paper. There are ahadiths where the Imams have told us

that we can write down our prayer (du`a) in a paper and put it in a well

or a river. See for example, a similar hadith in the last section of

Mafatihu 'l-Jinan under the section "ruq`a-e hajat".

How it reaches how is not our concern. The God who can hear our

voice, surely has the power to know the du`a we have put in writing. As

for the curiosity of your brother; I would strongly advise against opening

up the ariza or ruq`a-e hajat. If he believes in it, then he should not

touch it; if he does not believe in it, then he does not have to write an

ariza--it is not wajib.

Sayyid M. Rizvi

• Advanced Member

:o bro you need to learn first what is najasat (impurity) and taharat (purity)!!!

We don't even touch the names of Allah and 14 Masumeen (a) without wuzu.

It is also obligatory on us to protect their names from najasat and impure things.

So think about it!!

Could you even touch the fulsh water that goes to sewage?

So now do you even want some other one touch it ....let alone our Imam (atfs)?!

InshaAllah the taharat thing will be clear to you very soon! It's a matter of knowledge, concept, belief as well as feeling!

InshaAllah Allah will help you to manage the areeza.

Scan it and pass it to us... any shiachat member you think reliable. They'll manage it inshaAllah.

Or just do tawasul and istegasa from your heart. It also directly goes to our Imam (atfs).

Fee Amanillah.

Guest Power Of 786
Salaam Alaykum

(salam)

Yeah brother, you can write it in any language.

Brother, dont flush it, no no, its not right. Think about it, that place is najis and we cant just flow in something which is pure.

Umm do one thing, keep it in the Holy Quran for somedays, and by chance if you get to go near a river or something than take it off and flow it in there.

Just chill people. If you can answer the bro, answer him. If not, ask yourself why you're ignorant.

yeah xactly. If u cant help than just go and do something else!

Why make a fuss, he didnt een do it, he just asked if its allowed! People use to ask so many stupid questions to our Prophet and Imams, they didnt behae like you guys doo ! Uff Allah

Edited by Power Of 786
  • Advanced Member
(salam)

Why make a fuss, he didnt een do it, he just asked if its allowed! People use to ask so many stupid questions to our Prophet and Imams, they didnt behae like you guys doo ! Uff Allah

(salam)

Its called common sense, sometimes it is proper to use it! But then again, if he did not know what is inside a sewer then it is understanable, but I doubt he dosent know what the bowl is used for (it is actually used on a daily basis).

• Advanced Member

ARIZA -E- IMAM-E-ZAMANA(as)

(WITH ENGLISH TRANSLATION)

Write your Ariza in dashes "-" or dots "." or in normal English (if you wish) your Hajjats. Click [sUBMIT] to

send off the Ariza. The Ariza is delivered digitally to Mehfile Imam-e-Zamana(as) in London. A print of Ariza is than taken and send to Kerbala/Iran with the next available Zawar. - Mehfil-e-Imam-e-Zamana (A.S):

http://www.azakhana.com/arizapro/arizaeng.htm

Guest Power Of 786
ARIZA -E- IMAM-E-ZAMANA(as)

(WITH ENGLISH TRANSLATION)

Write your Ariza in dashes "-" or dots "." or in normal English (if you wish) your Hajjats. Click [sUBMIT] to

send off the Ariza. The Ariza is delivered digitally to Mehfile Imam-e-Zamana(as) in London. A print of Ariza is than taken and send to Kerbala/Iran with the next available Zawar. - Mehfil-e-Imam-e-Zamana (A.S):

http://www.azakhana.com/arizapro/arizaeng.htm

Wow bro, that was really nice of you to give us such a link!

But does it really work? I mean do they really do all that they have mentioned? :unsure:

• Advanced Member

Salaam,

Please do not flush it down the toilet as it would be overwhelmingly disrespectful to Imam Mahdi (as).

Also, keep in mind, Imam Mahdi does not need water or dirt or whatever to recieve your message - Allah will bring the message to him.

There are lots of creative options, you may simply store your letters in a box, you can mail them to "Imam Mahdi" with no address (the postal service will not open it), or other things like that.

-

rahat

• Advanced Member

Let's not get judgmental. The person asking the question was just trying to think of a creative solution to the problem and was asking for feedback, not insults. If you want to be judgmental, look in a mirror and go for it.

Edited by BabyBeaverIsAKit
  • Advanced Member
bro labbayk hizballah does it work? I've seen on the first page of the site: last updated on Friday, 23/03/02

That's why I'm asking!

Salaams, sorry i had the link saved to my favourites and just posted it here, i didnt see when the website was last updated so im not sure if this is an effective way of sending your ariza, heres another link which also sends ariza (fairly new)

http://www.aliwaris.sanam.com/

• Advanced Member

Salaam Alaykum

I finally was told to go to the Corner Store, so I wrote my Areeza and I dropped it into the stream.

Something great happened along with it!

I first went up to the stream, but I was afraid because there were endless cars (as almost always on my street); so I turned around and went to the Corner Store and brought what I had to buy there. Then, I started going back up to the stream.

I said "Ya Ali Madad!". Then, the street was empty! Completely silent! NO cars on the whole avenue (and it is a very long avenue)! I dropped the areeza (which was wrapped in an envelope) and I turned around. Unfortunatly, I was in the clear view of two girls. But, by the Mercy of Allah, they didn't see me!

It may sound weird and you may think "so what?". However, if you lived where I live (on this certain avenue), then you would know that this was a miracle :D

Edited by ZulfiqarAbdullah
  • Advanced Member

S/a.

Eh..... Hajaat are for Allah (swt). He is the Malik-al-Umoor, Mujeeb-ud-Da'waat and Qazi al Hajaat.

Prophet(sawa) taught people to seek their duas and Hajaat from Allah (swt).

Refer to the guidance (authentic duas) of the Ahlul-Bayt (as).

People have totally forgotten the meaning of Imamat.

They have turned it into a matter of fables, fantasies and entertainment.

May the Lord have mercy on us, Inshallah.

W/s.

• Advanced Member
S/a.

Eh..... Hajaat are for Allah (swt). He is the Malik-al-Umoor, Mujeeb-ud-Da'waat and Qazi al Hajaat.

Prophet(sawa) taught people to seek their duas and Hajaat from Allah (swt).

Refer to the guidance (authentic duas) of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) .

People have totally forgotten the meaning of Imamat.

They have turned it into a matter of fables, fantasies and entertainment.

May the Lord have mercy on us, Inshallah.

W/s.

Salaam Alaykum

No, no, Brother. You've got it all wrong. Areeza is simply a form of Tawassul, except its in writing. Areeza and Tawassul are simply requests to Ahl-ul-Bayt (as) for them to pray for us since they are loved a lot by Allah. They themselves can't do anything but pray to Allah for us.

• Advanced Member
Let's not get judgmental. The person asking the question was just trying to think of a creative solution to the problem and was asking for feedback, not insults. If you want to be judgmental, look in a mirror and go for it.

im not judging anything....im expressing my opinion....which im entitled to...creative?....how ludricous to suggest flushing holy names down the toilet.....the most nijas place in a house.....wats soooo paakh about the looo?? wud anyone stick quranic ayats in the loo?

im entitled to my opinion and i am genuinely shocked and disgusted.....so as for judging.....i suggest u take ur own advice......

to the OP: IMAM CAN HEAR U FROM ANYWHERE....I believe seestani has said there is no authenticity to this areeza business (im not sure)....i heard......personally....i wud recite imams ziarat and ask for my needs...... i believe he can defo hear u from anywhere......

• Advanced Member
Salaam Alaykum

No, no, Brother. You've got it all wrong. Areeza is simply a form of Tawassul, except its in writing. Areeza and Tawassul are simply requests to Ahl-ul-Bayt (as) for them to pray for us since they are loved a lot by Allah. They themselves can't do anything but pray to Allah for us.

Sure. Will ask them when in contact with them, or when someone gives me a meaningful address.

Neither the water nor earth soil is the address of the Ahlul-Bayt (as).

[Otherwise this would have been the tradition from the times of Prophet (sawa) & Ali (as)]

ps: However, we do know the address of Allah (swt). Everywhere.

So we should just follow the teachings of Ahlul-Bayt (as) and call upon Him. W/s.

• Advanced Member
Salaam Alaykum

No use explaining anything to him. Run a search on Tawassul if you want to know his enlightened views on it.

• Advanced Member
No use explaining anything to him. Run a search on Tawassul if you want to know his enlightened views on it.

(salam)

lol, is that your standard response to everybody who comes in contact with him? Get real, we dont need your police work. Just because he dosent share your views dosent mean you have the right to silence or sabotage his efforts. Not everybody is crazy about yelling "Ya Ali Madad", its a scary thing to do for some. Seriously!

A question: why do we never hear "Ya Muhammad Madad" ? can it be because (I am not being humorous here) his name is not as simply pronounced as Ali (as), even if he is his superior? strange...

• Veteran Member
So can I flush the Areeza down the toilet?

No. If you cannot get to a river or similar place, just keep it neatly folded in your purse until you do. Your prayer will be heard. When you get the opportunity even if it after a long time, dispose it off respectfully.

You can write in any language you wish.

• Advanced Member
im not judging anything....im expressing my opinion....which im entitled to...creative?....how ludricous to suggest flushing holy names down the toilet.....the most nijas place in a house.....wats soooo paakh about the looo?? wud anyone stick quranic ayats in the loo?

im entitled to my opinion and i am genuinely shocked and disgusted.....so as for judging.....i suggest u take ur own advice......

to the OP: IMAM CAN HEAR U FROM ANYWHERE....I believe seestani has said there is no authenticity to this areeza business (im not sure)....i heard......personally....i wud recite imams ziarat and ask for my needs...... i believe he can defo hear u from anywhere......

You are entitled to your own opinion. I grant you that. However, when you start questioning other people's religion (i.e. whether they are shia or not, scroll up, your words were "u even a shia??"), you are being judgmental.

Edited by BabyBeaverIsAKit