Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ka3wila_omar

Syed And Non Syed Marriage

Rate this topic

^I didnt say otherwise.

What Islam does say is that it is haram to elevate people's status above others based on race, culture, country and caste (<-- this system is just wrong on many levels). When it comes to marriage, there is no difference between any of us, except in taqwa (piety) and iman (faith).

edit: and obviously who we marry may have more on the list than those two things, however being a 'sayyid/ah' shouldnt be one of them

Edited by Iman

(bismillah)

(salam)

When it comes to marriage, there is no difference between any of us, except in taqwa (piety) and iman (faith).

by the way, how do u judge the eman and taqwa?

please tell me.

i mean

if you say someone is momin, how can you be sure he is not monfiq?

and if you consider someone to be motaqqi, how can you be sure he is actually so?

i mean i understand that we find in quran and ahadeeth that

"in the indiat of Allah, the one with more taqwa is more better"

indiat= view, nazar,

now for Allah, it is understandable that Allah can judge by taqwa, as he is aware of what is there in our hearts, but how will you do that????

^ only Allah (swt) really knows, this has nothing to do with me or my judgement - it's about the topic of 'Syed and Non Syed Marriages'.

Being a Sayyid/ah doesnt automatically increase one's level of taqwa and/or iman "just because they are Sayyid"

(bismillah)

(salam)

syed girl can never ever marry non syed boy

You're wrong:

Question: Can a Sayyid girl marry a non-Sayyid man?

Answer: It is permissible and there is no objection to it.

http://sistani.org/local.php?modules=nav&a...id=0&page=2 (#12)

Please do try to listen to the scholars and people of knowledge, rather than random zakirs who feed off of ghulut and take ideas from Hinduism.

For more, see this post.

And there is no evidence of the Quran and sahih hadiths that say a person cannot marry another person simply because of whom they were born to.

wa salam

Edited by lotfilms

(bismillah)

(salam)

You're wrong:

well i m not interested in starting this topic again

but remember

the kufv of syed girl is syed boy.

and girls cannot marry out of kufv.

and this concept is shared by sheikh sudooq as well that syed are kufv of each other, he has written this thing in his book aitaqadaat, urdu, page 115.

plus he has also included that very hadeeth on the basis of which he thinks so in his book man la yahdaral faqih, chapter of kufv.

and since i m not usooli, so plz no need to quote your marajas' fatwas.

thanks

LET'S BRING BACK THE CAST SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAHEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 1400 YEARS AFTER THE GREATEST MAN WALKED THE EARTH

LET'S IMPLEMENT THE SUNNAH OF OUR VILLAGES FROM BACK HOME

SYED NON-SYED MARRIAGE :o HARAMMMMMM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM HARAM

It's only the pakis who make a big deal out of this ............Sometimes I'm ashamed to call myself partly a paki......which is why I behave like a Jamaican

It's not haram it's 2009, the sun is shining....and there are even more single females out there because they can't find any syeds to marry

yikes! It's time to get Edumacated people!! As other nations, groups, religions progress...the small minded ones are bringing us all back to primitive times...shias ain't moving forward but that's fine........because at the end of the day NON-SYED MAN CANNOT MARRY A SYED GIRL :o AND THEN i will make a whole website about this and update it ...whilst people are making films, documentaries about Jesus Christ and against Islam and the Prophet (saw ....for God's sake they're even making cartoons ...to them that's their own dawah and what are we doing

:lol: making websites about how non-syed men cannot marry syed women !!!!!

keep up the good work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Further proof :- exposeing the true syeds with the false ones. Just because a man wears a turban and keeps a long beard doesnt make him a infaliable(masoom) we must look for evidence first, before we jump the gun. This is normaly the caused beacuse there is a fault in the blood.

It is reported that a Kharijee asked a student of Imam Jaa’far Sadiq called Hisham bin Hakim :

Kharajee : Can Non-Arabs marry with Arabs

Hisham : Yes

Kharajee : Do Arabs marry from the Bani Quraish ?

Hisham : Yes

Then the Kharajee visits Imam Jaa’far and starts telling him, what Hisham has told him. Then the Imam replied : Hisham is correct.

Then the Kharajee says to the Imam : If Hisham is correct, I am asking to marry within your family. The Imam replies : “Your Kuf is from your own Kom (tribe ), Allah (SWT) has made sadaqa, which is the “dirt of hands” Haraam for the Ahlai-Bait. Therefore due to this honour, Allah (SWT) wants to continue (our position) amongst others. Furthermore what honour (Fazeelat) that Allah (SWT) has gave us we do not want to share it with someone, who does not have their honour (fazeelat).

Then the Kharajee stands and says “the way Imam Jaa’far Sadiq has answered him no one has ever done this before”.

This clearly defines that it is fundamental for a marriage of two people to be of the same KUF (comparison) and a Sayeda is Not of the same Kuf as a non-sayed, therefore this marriage disallowed (Haraam).

References : Furu-e-Kafi (Vol 5), At Damma tus Saqiba, Vol 2, Pg 545, Bihar-ul Anwar

more proof?

Bihar al Anwar : Agha Baqir Majlisi (quotes the same hadith)

At Damma tus Saqiba : Agha Mohammed Baqir Behbani Najafi, Vol 12, pg 545 (quotes the same hadith)

Muntahee al Amaal : Sheikh Abbas Qummi , Vol 2, pg 243

Sharah Luma : Shaheed ath thani Shaykh Zaynud Deen, Kitabe Nikah and explained in the Matan (Margin) Quoting that Sheikh Mufid and others (Who can the others be Syed Razi/Syed Murtaza Alumul Huda-both students of Sheikh Mufid) That the Nikah of a Syeda is not allowed to non-sayed.

Zaid Shaheed : Ayatollah Syed Abdurrazaq Maqram Najafi, pg 177 Story of Zaid Shaheed

Tareekhay Qum : In preface by Mohammed Hussain Nasir-ul-Shariah, pg 5, pub; Darul Fikr, Qum, Khayyabanay Iram.

Tareekhay Yaqoobi : Ibn Wazia Yaaqoobi, Vol 2, pg 415

Umdatul-talib ; Pg 278

Maqatil-at-Talabeen ; pg 271, pub Najaf (1385)H

Minhaajul Zou ; pg 57

Choda Sitaray (14 Stars) ;Syed Najam Ul-Hasan Kararvi tamp of approval by Ayatollah Syed Mohammed Kazim Shariat Madar, Qum, Iran.

Anwaray Zahra ; Agha Syed Hasan Abtahee, pg 66. (The whole book on respect of Sadaat and that and proving that it is obligatory to respect the offspring of Hazrat-e-Fatima

more proof?

Sayyida Zeyneb stated that one who entered into such an action was a kaafir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shi'a References:

Munthahil Aamaal, Volume 1 pages 432 - 433 (Iran)Shaykh Abbas Qummi

Nufs'ul Mahamoon page 447 (Iran)

Majalis page 31 by Shaykh Saduq Amali

Rozhathul Waizoon page 164

Sunni references:

Tarikh Kamil, Volume 4 page 35

Tarikh Tabari Volume 19 page 171 (English translation by I.K.A Howard)

All the above sources record this event similarly, we are quoting from Tabari, where one of Imam 'Ali 's daughters narrates the suffering of the women of Ahl'ul bayt when they were presented before Imam of Ahl'ul Sunnah Yazid ibn Mu'awiya:

"Then a Syrian with a red face stood up before Yazid and said, 'Commander of the Faithful, gove me this one'. He meant me. I was a pretty young girl. I shuddered and moved away, for I though that that would be allowed them. I caught hold of the skirt of my sister Zaynab. My sister Zaynab was older and cleverer than I. She said that that would not happen. She said to the Syrian, "By God! You are a liar! You are too lowly born! Such a thing is not for you, not for him!' Yazid cried out angrily, 'By God! You are a liar! That is for me. If I wish to do it I can do it'. She retorted, 'No by God! God would only let you do that if you left our faith and professed belief in another religion".

The cursed Syrian wanted to marry one of Imam 'Ali 's daughters

Sayyida Zeyneb said that this could not be possible as he was lowly born (ie. Not her kuf)

Sayyida Zeyneb stated that one who entered into such an action was a kaafir.Hanafi scholar Mufti Ghulam Rasul commenting on this event states:

"This incident serves as proof that a Sayyida cannot be the kuf of a non Sayyid. This is why Sayyida Zeyneb said to Yazeed the cursed 'You should have some respect, these are the daughters of Rasulullah (s), no one has the right to decide that this girl is for me. This is the Sunnah of Ahl'ul bayt, on the issue of kuf, if one even contemplates such a thing he is outside the pale of Islam"

Hasab aur Nasab Volume 2 page 186

I see the Shiindus are out in full force.

(bismillah)

(salam)

the kufv of syed girl is syed boy.

What is your reference that the "kufv" of a sayeda is a sayed?

Something not in Urdu....

And so what if you're not usuli? If men of knowledge tell you something, and you have no proof against it, who are you to reject it?

I see the Shiindus are out in full force.

yea, none of these hadiths have anything to do witht he other person not being sayed.

Do they really think that Zayneb (as) didn't want to marry that person because he wasn't sayed? Or was it because he was associated with that satanic [Edited Out]?

Assuming the hadith is even authentic!

The hadith is very clear, but people put their own little interpretations in parenthessis to "prove" their point.

Like when Sunnis change the translation of the verse in suratul maeda to "Wash your hands and face and wipe your head and (wash) your feet"

sigh

wa salam

Edited by lotfilms

(bismillah)

(salam)

What is your reference that the "kufv" of a sayeda is a sayed?

read again

and this concept is shared by sheikh sudooq as well that syed are kufv of each other, he has written this thing in his book aitaqadaat, urdu, page 115.

plus he has also included that very hadeeth on the basis of which he thinks so in his book man la yahdaral faqih, chapter of kufv.

(bismillah)

(salam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

read again

I don't have those books? Could you perhaps scan those pages? Or quote them word for word? Or give us a link to a webpage that has the hadith in question?

wa salam

syed girl can never ever marry non syed boy and although syed boys are allowed to marry non syed girl but should prefer marrying a syed girl.

for references from QURAN and HADITH kindly go to following link.

http://www.hubeali.com/articles/Marriage-o...th-Non-Syed.pdf

Uff tobah.

Both my parents are syeds, but just to spite all you caste-pushers I'll make sure to go for a non-syed insh'Allah. :dry:

Uff tobah.

Both my parents are syeds, but just to spite all you caste-pushers I'll make sure to go for a non-syed insh'Allah. :dry:

That's sweet, and courageous.

Shaykh Saduq has never said that Sayyida girls cannot marry non-Sayyids. Who ever says so is a liar.

Shaykh Saduq, however, has said that `Alawis are kufv of each other. This is the statement along with the hadith being referred to:

æÈÚÖåã ÃßÝÇÁ ÈÚÖ¡ áÞæá ÇáäÈí Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå æÓáã Ííä äÙÑ Åáì Èäíä æÈäÇÊ Úáí æÌÚÝÑ ÇÈäí (ÃÈí) ØÇáÈ: (ÈäÇÊäÇ ßÈäíäÇ¡ æÈäæäÇ ßÈäÇÊäÇ

http://www.alkadhum.org/other/mktba/aqaed/alehtgadat/06.html

(The translation of this section of the book can be read here: http://www.sicm.org.uk/index.php?page=suduk/Suduk41 )

First of all, the hadith that is quoted is a mursal narration, as the footnote explains, so it is not reliable.

Secondly, even if we ignore the authenticity of the hadith, as these malang types from Pakistan usually do, the content of the hadith itself states: "Our daughters are for our sons, and our sons are for our daughters". So, if we are to assume that this hadith is true and declares the marriage of Sayyedahs with non-Sayyeds to be impermissible, then it is simultaneously declaring the marriage of Sayyids with non-Sayyidahs to be equally impermissible.

But, does this member (and other such people who argue about this) also believe that the marriage of Sayyids with non-Sayyidahs is not allowed in Islam?

Of course not. Because they only cherry pick what parts of Islam they want to believe and what parts they don't (i.e., they are hypocrites).

Thirdly, to get a better understanding of what this hadith is referring to, we look at the longer version of it that is recorded in Fiqh al-Rida:

" äÑæì Ãä ÑÓæá Çááå Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå äÙÑ Åáì æáÏì ÃãíÑÇáãÄãäíä ÇáÍÓä æÇáÍÓíä ÕáæÇÊ Çááå Úáíåã æÈäÇÊ ÌÚÝÑ Èä ÃÈì ØÇáÈ ÝÞÇá: ÈäæäÇ áÈäÇÊäÇ æÈäÇÊäÇ áÈäíäÇ "

http://www.yasoob.com/books/htm1/m001/00/no0002.html

Translation: "the Prophet of Allah looked upon the sons of Ameerul Mu'mineen, al-Hasan and al-Husayn, blessings of Allah be upon them both, and (looked upon) the daughters of Ja`far b. Abi Talib, and said: Our sons are for our daughters, and our daughters are for our sons."

So the actual meaning of this hadith is that the Prophet wants the sons of Imam Ali [a] (specifically Imam Hasan and Husayn [a]) to marry the daughters of Ja`far b. Abi Talib. This hadith is in no way a general rule of marriage for Sayyeds and non-Sayyeds. The reference was specifically to the sons and daughters of Imam Ali and Ja`far (not even including the other brothers of Imam Ali [a], i.e., Talib and Aqeel).

Finally, the short version of the hadith that is referred to in the post that I quoted is present under the chapter Bab al-Akfaa' in Man la Yahduruh al-faqih. There are several other ahadith in this chapter -- the very next one being:

æÞÇá ÇáÕÇÏÞ Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã: (ÇáãÄãäæä ÈÚÖåã ÃßÝÇÁ ÈÚÖ

http://www.u-of-islam.net/uofislam/maktaba...nla/03/a393.htm

Translation: Imam Sadiq [a] said: The believers are kufv of each other.

No exceptions mentioned. All believers are kufv of each other.

And the very next hadith states:

æÞÇá Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã: " ÇáßÝÄ Ãä íßæä ÚÝíÝÇ æÚäÏå íÓÇÑ

Translation: And he (Imam Sadiq) [a] said: al-Kufv means for one to be chaste and possess ease (of living expenses).

So the very next two hadith from this same chapter explicitly reject the notion that Sayyedahs are not allowed to marry non-Sayyeds. But these malang types from Pakistan always ignore these other hadith because they don't like them. It's sheer hypocrisy on their part.

Thought folks might be interested in this. A chapter in Wasa'il as-Shi`a entitled:

26 Ü ÈÇÈ Çäå íÌæÒ áÛíÑ ÇáåÇÔãí ÊÒæíÌ ÇáåÇÔãíÉ ä æÇáÃÚÌãí ÇáÚÑÈíÉ ¡ æÇáÚÑÈí ÇáÞÑÔíøÉ ¡ æÇáÞÑÔí ÇáåÇÔãíÉ ¡ æÛíÑ Ðáß

Chapter 26 – On that it is permissible for the non-Hashimid man to marry the Hashimid woman and the non-Arab man the Arab woman, and the `Arab man the Qurayshi woman, and other than that.

[ 25057 ] 1 Ü ãÍãÏ Èä íÚÞæÈ ¡ Úä Úáí Èä ÅÈÑÇåíã ¡ Úä ÃÈíå ¡ Úä ÇáÍÓä Èä Úáí Èä ÝÖÇá ¡ Úä ËÚáÈÉ Èä ãíãæä ¡ Úä ÚãÑæ Èä ÃÈí ÈßÇÑ ¡ Úä ÃÈí ÈßÑ ÇáÍÖÑãí ¡ Úä ÃÈí ÚÈÏÇááå ( Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ) ÞÇá : Åä ÑÓæá Çááå ( Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå ) ÒæÌ ÇáãÞÏÇÏ Èä ÇáÇÓæÏ ÖÈÇÚÉ ÇÈäÉ ÇáÒÈíÑ Èä ÚÈÏ ÇáãØáÈ ¡ æÇäãÇ ÒæøÌå áÊÊøÖÚ ÇáãäÇßÍ ¡ æáíÊÃÓøæÇ ÈÑÓæá Çááå ( Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå ) ¡ æáíÚáãæÇ Ãä ÃßÑãåã ÚäÏ Çááå ÃÊÞÇåã .

æÑæÇå ÇáÔíÎ ÈÅÓäÇÏå Úä ãÍãÏ Èä íÚÞæÈ ¡ ãËáå (1) .

1 – Muhammad b. Ya`qub from `Ali b. Ibrahim from his father from al-Hasan b. Faddal from Tha`laba b. Maymun from `Amr b. Abi Bakr from Abu Bakr al-Hadrami from Abu `Abdillah (as). He said: Verily the Messenger of Allah (sawa) married al-Miqdad b. al-Aswad to Daba`a the daughter of az-Zubayr b. `Abd al-Muttalib. And he only married him that the women be humbled, and that by the Messenger of Allah (sawa) they (pl. masc.) be founded (?), and that they would know that the noblest of them with Allah is the most pious of them.

[ 25058 ] 2 Ü æÚä ÚÏÉ ãä ÃÕÍÇÈäÇ ¡ Úä ÃÍãÏ Èä ãÍãÏ Èä ÚíÓì ¡ Úä Úáí Èä ÇáÍßã ¡ Úä åÔÇã Èä ÓÇáã ¡ Úä ÑÌá ¡ Úä ÃÈí ÚÈÏÇááå ( Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ) Åä ÑÓæá Çááå ( Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå ) ÒæÌ ÇáãÞÏÇÏ ÇÈä ÇáÇÓæÏ ÖÈÇÚÉ ÈäÊ ÇáÒÈíÑ Èä ÚÈÏ ÇáãØáÈ ¡ Ëã ÞÇá : ÅäøãÇ (1) ÒæÌåÇ ÇáãÞÏÇÏ áÊÊÖÚ ÇáãäÇßÍ ¡ æáÊÊÃÓæÇ ÈÑÓæá Çááå ( Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå ) ¡ æáÊÚáãæÇ Ãä ÃßÑãßã ÚäÏ Çááå ÃÊÞÇßã ¡ æßÇä ÇáÒÈíÑ ÃÎÇ ÚÈÏÇááå æÃÈí ØÇáÈ áÇÈíåãÇ æÇãåãÇ .

And from a group of our companions from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. `Isa from `Ali b. al-Hakam from Hisham b. Salim from a man from Abu `Abdillah (as): Verily the Messenger of Allah (sawa) married al-Miqdad b. al-Aswad to Daba`a the daughter of az-Zubayr b. `Abd al-Muttalib. Then he said: He only married her to al-Miqdad that the women be humbled, and that by the Messenger of Allah (sawa) you be founded (?), and that you know that the noblest of you with Allah is the most pious of you. And az-Zubayr was the brother of `Abdullah and Abu Talib by their father and mother.

[ 25059 ] 3 Ü æÚä ÇáÍÓíä Èä ÇáÍÓä (1) ÇáåÇÔãí ¡ Úä ÅÈÑÇåíã Èä ÅÓÍÇÞ ÇáÇÍãÑ ¡ æÚä Úáí Èä ãÍãÏ Èä ÈäÏÇÑ ¡ Úä ÇáÓíÇÑíø ¡ Úä ÈÚÖ ÇáÈÛÏÇÏííä ¡ Úä Úáí Èä ÈáÇá ÞÇá : áÞí åÔÇã Èä ÇáÍßã ÈÚÖ ÇáÎæÇÑÌ ÝÞÇá : íÇ åÔÇã ¡ ãÇ ÊÞæá Ýí ÇáÚÌã ¡ íÌæÒ Ãä íÊÒæøÌæÇ Ýí ÇáÚÑÈ ¿ ÞÇá : äÚã ¡ ÞÇá : ÝÇáÚÑÈ íÊÒæÌæÇ ãä ÞÑíÔ ¿ ÞÇá : äÚã ¡ ÞÇá : ÝÞÑíÔ ÊÒæÌ Ýí Èäí åÇÔã ¿ ÞÇá : äÚã ¡ ÞÇá : Úãä ÃÎÐÊ åÐÇ ¿ ÞÇá : Úä ÌÚÝÑ Èä ãÍãÏ ( Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ) ¡ ÓãÚÊå íÞæá : ÃÊÊßÇÝà ÏãÇÄßã æáÇ ÊÊßÇÝà ÝÑæÌßã ¡ ÇáÍÏíË .

æÑæÇå ÇáÔíÎ ÈÅÓäÇÏå Úä ãÍãÏ Èä íÚÞæÈ ¡ ãËáå (2) .

3 – And from al-Husayn b. al-Hasan al-Hashimi from Ibrahim b. Ishaq al-Ahmar and from `Ali b. Muhammad b. Bindar from as-Sayyari from some of the Baghdadis from `Ali b. Bilal. He said: Hisham b. al-Hakam encountered some of the Khawarij. So he said: O Hisham, what do you say about the `Ajam, is it permitted for them to marry amongst the `Arab? He said: Yes. He said: So the `Arab marries from the Quraysh? He said: Yes. He said: So the Quraysh marries in the Banu Hashim? He said: Yes. He said: From whom did you take this? He said: From Ja`far b. Muhammad (as). I heard him saying: Are your bloods kufw but your furuj are not kufw? (al-hadith)

And the Shaykh narrated it by his isnad from Muhammad b. Ya`qub its like.

[ 25060 ] 4 Ü æÚä ÃÍãÏ Èä ãÍãÏ ÇáÚÇÕãí ¡ Úä ãÍãÏ Èä ÃÍãÏ ÇáäåÏí ¡ Úä ãÍãÏ Èä Úáí ¡ Úä ÔÑíÝ Èä ÓÇÈÞ ¡ Úä ÇáÝÖá Èä ÃÈí ÞÑÉ ¡ Úä ÇÈì ÚÈÏÇááå ( Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ) ÞÇá : ÃÊÊ ÇáãæÇáí ÃãíÑ ÇáãÄãäíä ( Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ) ÝÞÇáæÇ : äÔßæ Åáíß åÄáÇÁ ÇáÚÑÈ ¡ Çä ÑÓæá Çááå ( Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå ) ßÇä íÚØíäÇ ãÚåã ÇáÚØÇíÇ ÈÇáÓæíÉ ¡ æÒæÌ ÓáãÇä æÈáÇáÇ æÕåíÈÇð æÃÈæÇ ÚáíäÇ åÄáÇÁ æÞÇáæÇ : áÇ äÝÚá ¡ ÝÐåÈ Åáíåã ÃãíÑ ÇáãÄãäíä ( Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ) Ýßáãåã Ýíåã ¡ ÝÕÇÍ ÇáÇÚÇÑíÈ : ÃÈíäÇ Ðáß íÇ ÃÈÇ ÇáÍÓä ¡ ÃÈíäÇ Ðáß ¡ ÝÎÑÌ æåæ ãÛÖÈ ¡ íÌÑø ÑÏÇÁå æåæ íÞæá : íÇ ãÚÔÑ ÇáãæÇáí ¡ Åäø åÄáÇÁ ÞÏ ÕíøÑæßã ÈãäÒáÉ ÇáíåæÏ æÇáäÕÇÑì ¡ íÊÒæÌæä Åáíßã æáÇ íÒæÌæäßã ¡ æáÇ íÚØæäßã ãËá ãÇ íÃÎÐæä ¡ ÝÇÊÌÑæÇ ÈÇÑß Çááå áßã ¡ ÝÅäøí ÓãÚÊ ÑÓæá Çááå ( Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå ) íÞæá : ÇáÑÒÞ ÚÔÑå ÃÌÒÇÁ ¡ ÊÓÚÉ ÃÌÒÇÁ Ýí ÇáÊÌÇÑÉ ææÇÍÏÉ Ýí ÛíÑåÇ .

4 – And from Ahmad b. Muhammad al-`Asimi from Muhammad b. Ahmad an-Nahdi from Muhammad b. `Ali from Sharif b. Sabiq from al-Fadl b. Abi Qurra from Abu `Abdillah (as). He said: The mawali (non-Arab clients) came to Amir al-Mu’mineen (as), so they said: We complain to you about these `Arabs. Verily the Messenger of Allah (sawa) would give us with them equal giving, and married Salman and Bilal and Suhayb, and these have declined us. And they said: We do not do it. So Amir al-Mu’mineen (as) went to them and spoke to them regarding them. So the `Arabs shouted: Our father is that, O Abu ‘l-Hasan! Our father is that! So he went out and he was angry. He drew his robe and he was saying: O company of the mawali, truly these have turned you into the station of the Jew and the Christian. They marry to you and do not marry (their women) to you. And they do give you like what they take. So do commerce, Allah bless you, for verily I heard the Messenger of Allah (sawa) saying: Rizq is in ten parts, nine parts are in commerce and one is in other than it.

[ 25061 ] 5 Ü ãÍãÏ Èä ÇáÍÓä ÈÅÓäÇÏå Úä Úáí Èä ÇáÍÓä Èä ÝÖÇá ¡ Úä ãÍãÏ Èä ÚÈÏÇááå ¡ Úä ãÍãÏ Èä Èì ÚãíÑ ¡ Úä ãÚÇæíÉ Èä ÚãÇÑ ¡ Úä ÃÈí ÚÈÏÇááå ( Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ) ÞÇá : Çä ÑÓæá Çááå ( Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå ) ÒæÌ ÖÈíÚÉ ÈäÊ ÇáÒÈíÑ Èä ÚÈÏ ÇáãØáÈ ãä ãÞÏÇÏ Èä ÇáÇÓæÏ ¡ ÝÊßáãÊ Ýí Ðáß Èäæ åÇÔã ¡ ÝÞÇá ÑÓæá Çááå ( Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå ) : Åäøí ÇäãÇ ÃÑÏÊ Ãä ÊÊÖÚ ÇáãäÇßÍ .

5 – Muhammad b. al-Hasan by his isnad from `Ali b. al-Hasan b. Faddal from Muhammad b. `Abdullah from Muhammad b. Abi `Umayr from Mu`awiya b. `Ammar from Abu `Abdillah (as). He said: Verily the Messenger of Allah (sawa) married Dabi`a the daughter of az-Zubayr b. `Abd al-Muttalib to Miqdad b. al-Aswad, so the Banu Hashim talked about that. So the Messenger of Allah (sawa) said: Verily I only want that the women be humbled.

salaams syedzee...this is what the guy sent me...ive not read it myself....he said it states it in here or theres sources that state the same....im not sure ....forgive me if im wrong

PROOFS FROM QURAN AND HADITH ON REALITY OF KUFU MARRIAGE BETWEEN SYEDS AND NON SYEDS:

Hello

I read this article as there are a lot of facts there but also there is a lot of contradiction in this article.

It is also emotional, probably as the author has a personal axe to grind like so many on this topic.

The author cites traditions without classifying if they are strong or weak seemingly picking up anything that seems to support what he is saying without looking at whether it actually undermines sources he has just presented, or if a tradition is authentic (often contradictory accounts exist which is left out, siting only those that favor his position).

He has or seems to have a mass of facts at his disposal but looking closer at them they often conflict with each other.

Just one of many examples on this matter - he cites verdicts of ulema, many of whom condemn Hisham bin Hakam as a 'ghulat' and refuse to accept traditions from him.

Yet he later goes on and cites traditions from Hisham also to attempt to prove his point, which is self-contradictory given what the ulema he uses have said about him.

Further what Hisham says is also not very clear.

There are a few valid points in this article, principally on what many mujtahids have said. However the large sections on history are selective (e.g. Zaid Shaheed's son refusing to marry his daughter to a non-syed is conveniently glossed over) while selective quoting of hadith is haphazard paying no attention to authenticity (and again, glossing over important opinions which seem to suggest the syed- non-syed marriage thing is not allowed, for example, Allama Majlisi).

Is the final version complete?

Wa Salaam

(salam)

hows it goin brothers and sisters ?

Can a syed marry a woman from a non syed family ? Is it halal or haram as iv heard that it is haram.

Please enlight me.

shokran wassalaam.

It is allowed because nothing is above religion.

But it will create a lot of friction between the two because of pride and superiority creeping in from the syed side.

(salam)

Can a syed marry a woman from a non syed family ? Is it halal or haram as iv heard that it is haram.

Please enlight me.

shokran wassalaam.

salam

i think it is halal

ya ali madad (as) brothers it is haram to marry a syedzadi only men can marry a non syed girl but the women cant marry it is haram for them if u want proof go to molaali.network on your top right hand side it will say Mini Scroll Links fatwa it will tell u from quran verses and hadith i know haram is a strong word but im syed my slef i've done my search so u brother and sisters do yours coz its becomeing a fasion for the ppl

This topic is old.. and i havent signd into my account in ages.. just wanna say i did not write this :mad:

syed are NOT allowed to marry no syeds.... end of story ..... ppl who do that r totally puttin themselves into the worng path ....... :)

In that case Sistani is wrong in giving his daughter to a non syed?

Man can marry non Syed women but a Syed Zadi cannot marry a non syed Man.

This has been discussed before and just because the khabar's reported to us don't agree with certain peoples Usul they reject the khabar and take general verses and injunctions from Quran to hold more weight than specific khabar (hadith) prohibiting Syed women from marrying non Syed's. The concept of taking general injunctions from Quran over hadith is a Hanafi principle but its a shame seeing Shia's taking this as Hujjat or valid source of sharia or tool used to derive rulings. The fact of the matter is that it is an Ijmah practically that Syed women never got married outside to non Syed's and all the Imams (as) practiced this also there are numerous hadiths prohibiting this type of marriage i.e. Syed women to non Syed Man but despite all this it does not filter through your USUL to become a part of sharia, this means there is a error in you USUL and not in this particular ruling.

In Mun la Yah Zahra Hul Faqih chapter of Nikah, page 249, under the tradition. “Prophet (pbuh) looked at the children of Ali (as) and Jaffar (ra) and said;

“OUR daughters are for OUR sons and OUR sons for OUR daughters”;

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out before ... but isn't it ironic that children cannot inherit the title of Sayyeed or Sayyeeda from their mother, when it is because of the daughter of the Prophet that others claim to be of his progeny?

Edited by Phoenix_526

^

According to Islamic tradition children inherit title, caste, surname, or whatever you want to call it, from their fathers. The case of Prophet's daughter was an exception.

(salam)

Please enlight me.

shokran wassalaam.

I am a Malaysian Chinese converted Muslim and my husband is a Syed Shia from Pakistan. We nikah in Malaysia and we did not have any difficulty in doing the nikah

^^You see thats permisable unlike a Syed women marrying a non syed which is haraam and some would even say kuffr. Even Sunni's consider it haraam to marry Syed women but its a shame some shias who claim to love ahlul bayt (as) get out done in practically showing that love by the Sunni's

^^You see thats permisable unlike a Syed women marrying a non syed which is haraam and some would even say kuffr. Even Sunni's consider it haraam to marry Syed women but its a shame some shias who claim to love ahlul bayt (as) get out done in practically showing that love by the Sunni's

Oh for goodness sake, take your jahalat off this forum please. The ones who say this is haram (and now you're even saying it can be kufr) are illiterates who hardly know squat about our religion, confusing it with Hinduism. You have been shown time and time again what our religion in fact teaches on this, yet, time and time again you have preferred your cultural bigotries instead.

Kindly, shut it. I've lost patience with this.

Oh for goodness sake, take your jahalat off this forum please. The ones who say this is haram (and now you're even saying it can be kufr) are illiterates who hardly know squat about our religion, confusing it with Hinduism. You have been shown time and time again what our religion in fact teaches on this, yet, time and time again you have preferred your cultural bigotries instead.

Kindly, shut it. I've lost patience with this.

(bismillah)

(salam)

they will never give up, will they akhi

jahalat at its worst

(wasalam)

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out before ... but isn't it ironic that children cannot inherit the title of Sayyeed or Sayyeeda from their mother, when it is because of the daughter of the Prophet that others claim to be of his progeny?

The daughter of prophet married Ali who was a syed. So there is no argument against their children status of being Syed or syeda.

(salam)

Please hurry up and complete this discussion. This topic will be locked very soon. InshaAllah we can put an end to all the Syed and non-Syed discussion on SC. The rulings from all the marajis are clear, though it may not be what you want to hear.

The daughter of prophet married Ali who was a syed. So there is no argument against their children status of being Syed or syeda.

Sayyed are generally the descendants of Imam Ali(as) and Sayyida Fatima(as).

Edited by Zareen