Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Members Of Ahl-sunnah!

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

So.. I was thinking (which I don't do often).. that would I EVER publicise imperfections in the character of my parents.. and I came to the conclusion that no matter what I think of what my parents do... I can never publicise my parent's mistakes.. I just can't.. that would just show my parents in a bad light.. now.. would any of you like to make a list of things that you think is wrong with your parent's personality and POST IT on this board?.. or any other public board?.. think about this for a second.. (thats it.. stop thinking :D).. if yes.. I mean you can make a list like this and post it online.. then I can't relate to your experience.. but if you can't make a list like that.. you are kinda like me.. now.. if you are in the second catagory.. explain to me the character of people who publicly narrated the 'imperfections' of the Prophet(saww) since all of us can agree that the Prophet(saww) deserves greater respect and love from us than our parents.. wassalaamun alaikum

(salam)

So.. I was thinking (which I don't do often).. that would I EVER publicise imperfections in the character of my parents.. and I came to the conclusion that no matter what I think of what my parents do... I can never publicise my parent's mistakes.. I just can't.. that would just show my parents in a bad light.. now.. would any of you like to make a list of things that you think is wrong with your parent's personality and POST IT on this board?.. or any other public board?.. think about this for a second.. (thats it.. stop thinking :D).. if yes.. I mean you can make a list like this and post it online.. then I can't relate to your experience.. but if you can't make a list like that.. you are kinda like me..

(salam)

Now since you are against speaking ill of your parents are you also against speaking ill of those whom the Quran calls Mothers of the Believers? If not then you are being hypocritical and to continue further would be a waste of time. If you are against it then we can continue and have a beneficial dialect inshallah.

(salam)

Edited by Ridaa
  • Advanced Member

also, the title in Qur'an is not mother in traditional sense. And I would think that if ANY of us had a mother (literal or figurative) that was responsible for leading many astray, that we would not hesitate to point out the error of her ways in an effort to help the people be guided on the RIGHT path.

• Advanced Member

^I know eh.. tell me about it :S

(salam)

Now since you are against speaking ill of your parents are you also against speaking ill of those whom the Quran calls Mothers of the Believers? If not then you are being hypocritical and to continue further would be a waste of time. If you are against it then we can continue and have a beneficial dialect inshallah.

(salam)

Oh.. its not me.. its Allah(swt) who critisizes some of these 'mothers of believers'.. so its possible to critisize THOSE 'mothers of believer' if they do wrong.. but Allah(swt) never critisized the Prophet(saww).. so why did people point out the 'faults' in him?.. wassalaamun alaikum

• Advanced Member

Allah swt critisized the prophet Muhammad pbuh[he did not sins,i dont believe prophet Muhammad pbuh can do sins]in surah Abasa and concering what to do with prisoners.

This does not make prophet Muhammad pbuh imperfect.He is perfect in conceiving the Deen,teaching Al Hikmah but like i said before he pbuh can make mistakes because he pbuh was a man.

What ill is to do/say is: 'look see,the prophet made mistakes so he is not better than us'

Or say: 'see,some females amongst ummul Mu'mineen made mistakes so we are better than her'.

We can never be better than the Tabi'en,not even to talk about Ummul Mu'mineen!

Edited by Sunni_Muslim4life
  • Advanced Member
Allah swt critisized the prophet Muhammad pbuh[he did not sins,i dont believe prophet Muhammad pbuh can do sins]...

Salaam Alaykum

I know of an answer to that. Especially an answer to the alleged critism in the Surah "He Frowned!". Just give me a minute to edit my post, Insha'Allah...

Insha'Allah, I'll just post one argument. But, look at this article for them all: Who Offended the Blind? - al-islam.org

Look at the Surah again:

He frowned and turned away. (80:1)

Because there came to him the blind man. (80:2)

And what would make you know... (80:3)

It would be horrible grammar to talk like this if you were talking to the same person. Here's an example of this being used should you be talking about the same person:

Joe to Bob: He's an idiot!

He took his own test and ripped it.

Now why would you do that?

Now of course we all know that Allah's grammar is better than that.

Even if you don't accept the above arguments, just continue to read the Surah and it'll become clear:

As for him who considers himself free from need (80:5)

To him do you address yourself? (80:6)

As you can see in these two verses, it's obvious that Allah is talking about two different people: "him" being the person (possibly Uthman) who frowned, and "you" being the Prophet Muhammad (as).

Nowhere in the Qur'an does Allah, when talking solely to the Prophet Muhammad (as), refer to the Prophet Muhammad (as) as "him" or "himself". The closest thing I know of is when Allah says to the believers: "Muhammad is not a father of anyone of you...". There, it's clear that Allah wasn't talking solely to the Prophet Muhammad (as). Even if he was, he still didn't use "him" or "himself".

Thus, you can conclude that the man being condemned in Surah "He Frowned!" was NOT the Prophet Muhammad (as). View the article for other arguments, Insha'Allah.

Edited by ZulfiqarAbdullah
  • Banned

quick response

"mother of believers" means we cant marry them mate. it doesnt mean our biological mothers.

can we hug our mothers? yes

can we see our mothers hair? yes

can we go on journeys and sleep in the same rooms as our mothers? yes

can we marry our mothers? no

can we hug the wives of the prophet? no

can we see the wives of the prophets hair? no

can we we go on journeys and sleep in the same rooms as the wives of the prophet? no

can we marry the wives of the prophet? no

so how can sunnis claim that "mothers of believers" means we treat them like our biological mothers?

and secondly

"he frowned" is referring to usman, not the prophet.

• Advanced Member
Allah swt critisized the prophet Muhammad pbuh[he did not sins,i dont believe prophet Muhammad pbuh can do sins]in surah Abasa and concering what to do with prisoners.

If you were talking about the frowing ayah.. Zulfiqar posted a reply for that

This does not make prophet Muhammad pbuh imperfect.He is perfect in conceiving the Deen,teaching Al Hikmah but like i said before he pbuh can make mistakes because he pbuh was a man.

What ill is to do/say is: 'look see,the prophet made mistakes so he is not better than us'

Or say: 'see,some females amongst ummul Mu'mineen made mistakes so we are better than her'.

We can never be better than the Tabi'en,not even to talk about Ummul Mu'mineen!

SM4L.. I can also phrase that bolded part as.. Whats ill about making a list of faults of ones parents and posting it online?.. and what ill is there for me to use it and say publicly that these parents are not the 'ideal parents'?.. Whats wrong with someone denying things to their parents when they are lying on their deathbed.. and saying that they have 'lost it'?.. can you really say that the person who does this to his parents have committed a 'mistake'?.. I hope I am not disrespecting you.. cuz like the way you conduct your dialogues :D.. wassalaamun alaikum