Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Magic Vs Miracle

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

When our Imam will reappear, how SHOULD we (not will we) recognize him? We all know the physical description but is there any other obvious way? I know that we will come to know Imam from his miracles....

It is therefore important to know the difference between miracle and magic..... lest we go astray

Does ayone know?..... I know a few...

Edited by petushki
  • Veteran Member

In Allama Jawadi Amuli's book, "A Commentary on Theistic Arguments", he touches on the difference between miracles and sorcery/magic. He underscores the importance of differentiating between the two. A miracle is an extraordinary event beyond the capacity of ordinary humans while magic is something performed through artificial means. A reasonable person can not only distinguish one from the other but also recognize the mutual necessity between the the miracle and the claims made by the person performing it. To show this point, he cites from the Quran the scene of Moses turning a stick into a serpent. When the magicians of Pharoah saw this they immediately embraced the religion of Moses because they knew that such an act was beyond the means of magic. However for the people who failed to grasp the rational implications of this act they simply pinned their faith to watching Moses turn a stick into a serpant just as they did to the sorcerer who created the illusion of a talking calf.

• Advanced Member

miracle and magic are one, differentiation betwen these two is due to the natural insticnt of the human mind to isolate entities as different and isolated phenomenon. Both, miracle and magic, are illusions created in an already illusion world.

• Advanced Member

Salaam Alaykum

I don't know if I'm right, but here's a simple way of distinguishing:

If the supernatural event was intended to bring people closer to Allah and to help someone in a Noble deed (such as helping someone feed another, etc.), then it is a miracle.

If the supernatural event was intended to take people away from Allah and did not help people or it helped people in a corrupt deed (such as helping someone murder an innocent person), then it was magic.

Like I said, I'm not sure if I'm right...

• Advanced Member

^ That is kind-of how both magic and miracle are utilised...

But if a person, claims he is Imam and that he can prove it through miracle, how can we determine if he's right or wrong?

I'm not saying this will happen, but there are and will be many imposters..... it is highly probable that they come upto this idea of fooling muslims.

Edited by petushki
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

well i know just this that when imam come there will be a call (nida)

and every one will recorganize him automaticlly even non muslim and they will accept islam but it will be waste for them

to accept the islam cause there will be three main signs of his(a.s) appearance will be complete so it would be waste

and one more thing which i heared in majlis that when imam will come he will fullllllllllllllll of noor more than hazraat yusaf (a.s) more than every one every prophet every imam every one and he will hold ZULFQARin his(a.s)hand

and 313 soldiers will behind him and when he will pass the places.

1000 of people will entre in his army

and one more thing B4 imam zahooor there will be many man will say that he is imam mehdi and it had heppened B4

many man said that they r imam mehdi but alamas investigate and solve that problem.

and there would be many signs which will happen.

so deffinately we will understand that he (a.s) is our imam (a.s)