Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why Do Shias Curse Aisha

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

salaam

Forgiveness and respect is the core in islam. Imam Ali demonstrated that after the battle of jamal, and so did Imam Husayn at the plains of Kerbala. But what they did do both is made their point clear regarding their disputes between people.

Isnt fighting an Divine Imam a huge sin? Isnt the concept of fighting a divine imam deserve a curse, such as that lying etc is cursed?

According to sunnis fighting a caliph of the time even if he is a tyrant is forbidden, so if someone does do this , isnt this bad, even according to the sunni fique?

All we do is state what happened in history. All we do is disassociate those who violate islam.

Aysha is ''mother of the believers'' and for that we obviously respect her. But we do not respect her for violating the command of Allah in the quran and the explicit warning from the holy prophet (saw) to aysha.We curse the concept of lying, killing, fighting a divine imam etc .

we state the facts....

w.salaam

• Advanced Member
Salaam Alaykum

None of our Imams (as) did it. I don't know why we do. Imam Ali (as) actually forgave Aisha and let her go! There is a thread in the Shia/Sunni Debate Forum talking about this. You should go there for more details.

There are narrations which shows that she® even repented for her mistakes...

"When Hadhrath Ayesha used to recite the Ayat ("And stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance;.." Al-Quran 33:33) she used to cry so much that her cover used to get wet with tears".

Tafsir Durre Manthur Volume 5 page 196 commentary of Surah Ahzab, Hilayat al Awliya Volume 2 page 48, Chapter "Dhikr Ayesha" and Tabaqat al Kabeer Volume 8 page 81 under the Chapter "Dhikr Ayesha"

Also, it was Ayesha® who raised the voice against opression of Muawiyah against Imam Ali's faithful companion Hujr ibn Adi®.

(salam)

• Advanced Member
Its just a matter of time before somebody comes along and tells us Imam Hussain forgave Yazeed, the BIbi Sabereh forgave Abu Bakr and Omar, etc etc.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

This isn't forgiving.

If someone kills your father and then repents, and you accept his repentance, that is forgiving. But making excuses for these cursed people is not "forgiving", it's treason.

Edited by Whizbee
  • Basic Members

This isn't forgiving.

If someone kills your father and then repents, and you accept his repentance, that is forgiving. But making excuses for these cursed people is not "forgiving", it's treason.

Hello.

I am not sure if it is treason, that is quite harsh.

What I can tell you is that I must follow Islam as I see it.

This means always working on my deen, protecting the dignity that is Islam and my modesty.

So, I am very careful not to judge, but at the same time am very careful of who I take as my Sheikh.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

What I can tell you is that I must follow Islam as I see it.

I do NOT follow Islam as *I* see it. I follow the Islam of the Ahlul Bayt (as).

So, I am very careful not to judge, but at the same time am very careful of who I take as my Sheikh.

Who did I "judge"?

Edited by Whizbee
  • Advanced Member

asalam alaikom

Shia's in general DONT curse Aisha, no shia scholar will give you the green light to curse her, but we do DISCUSS what she did.

I have never seen any sources where it shows Imam Ali (as) forgave Aisha he showed her respect but forgivenence can only be left with Allah (swt) surely if my brother, father, uncle etc.. died in the battle of jamal which was started by her i dont think i will have the heart to forgive her even so Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was her husband, do i have this right? yes i do because islam is FAIR.

We should try and not get to emotional about her because we will be giving our Prophet (pbuh) a bad name.

• Advanced Member
Salam.

please explain in detail.

jazaks.

(salam)

Well,

If you mean by cursing as saying bad words to her or swearing at her, As a Shia I have never ever in my whole life met any shia who do this, But if you consider discussing the things she did to Islam or the problems she made for the devine Immam of the time as cursing then yes we do discuss about these.

But As a Shia of Immam Ali(as) we never curse the mother of the believers, But her raising against the purified members of the family(as) shows us that she has made mistakes and that should not be covered by lies, Which other muslims used to do.

Wasallam.

asalam alaikom

Shia's in general DONT curse Aisha, no shia scholar will give you the green light to curse her, but we do DISCUSS what she did.

I have never seen any sources where it shows Imam Ali (as) forgave Aisha he showed her respect but forgivenence can only be left with Allah (swt) surely if my brother, father, uncle etc.. died in the battle of jamal which was started by her i dont think i will have the heart to forgive her even so Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was her husband, do i have this right? yes i do because islam is FAIR.

We should try and not get to emotional about her because we will be giving our Prophet (pbuh) a bad name.

Well, your mother, father, uncle, etc. did NOT die in the battle of camel, so, you are out of it. Leave the people of the Camel to the Lord of the Camel.... and you have no right to forgive and not forgive. It happened 1400 ago. If you want to know the details of what had ACTUALLY happened, you can do a bit of research looking at it from all sides. If you don't know the details, you can't draw any conclusions.

People say the Imams didn't curse, and yet they curse... so I am realy puzzled with this business of following ahl-al-bayt (as).... it seems it is being used by some as a smokescreen to spew venom and seek immunity!

• Advanced Member
Well, your mother, father, uncle, etc. did NOT die in the battle of camel, so, you are out of it. Leave the people of the Camel to the Lord of the Camel.... and you have no right to forgive and not forgive. It happened 1400 ago. If you want to know the details of what had ACTUALLY happened, you can do a bit of research looking at it from all sides. If you don't know the details, you can't draw any conclusions.

People say the Imams didn't curse, and yet they curse... so I am realy puzzled with this business of following ahl-al-bayt (as).... it seems it is being used by some as a smokescreen to spew venom and seek immunity!

(salam)

To muslims the prophet(saw) and his family(as) should be near to them more then their own family members as you mentioned the father, mother, or husband etc. And to Shias our beloved Immams and Ahul bayt are more near to us then out ownselves.

Our brothers did not die, How can you say that when you know that the prophet(saw) have said all muslims are brothers???

Why should we blind our eyes and not see the mistakes they made and only try to tell minor good things they did and hide major bad things they have done to this religion?

Wasallam.

Its just a matter of time before somebody comes along and tells us Imam Hussain forgave Yazeed, the BIbi Sabereh forgave Abu Bakr and Omar, etc etc.

This isn't forgiving.

(salam)

Whizzie

For the benefit of others:

When we come accross the term cursing we mean :l'aanat ullah 'alaih" "ala la'an" etc. etc. Calling down Allah's displeasure and wrath upon them. WE do not mean sullying our tongues with expletives.

What needs to be understood is that the Wilayah of the Aimmah-e-Ahle-Bayt is a rukn-e-deen.

Denying that by itself is enough to incur the displeasure of Allah. Inflicting various types of torture and oppression on the Aimmah automatically makes mala'een of such people and their aiders and abettors.

Edited by Rawshni
  • Advanced Member
(salam)

Whizzie

When we come accross the term cursing we mean :l'aanat ullah 'alaih" "ala la'an" etc. etc. Calling down Allah's displeasure and wrath upon them. WE do not mean sullying our tongues with expletives.

What needs to be understood is that the Wilayah of the Aimmah-e-Ahle-Bayt is a rukn-e-deen.

Denying that by itself is enough to incur the displeasure of Allah. Inflicting various types of torture and oppression on the Aimmah automatically makes mala'een of such people and their aiders and abettors.

I agree completely :)

• Advanced Member

People say the Imams didn't curse, and yet they curse... so I am realy puzzled with this business of following ahl-al-bayt (as) .... it seems it is being used by some as a smokescreen to spew venom and seek immunity!

Our history has everything to do with our beliefs, our beliefs are something that directly affects our wellbeing. We need to scrutinize our history and reach to a conclusion so that we have a direction. We need to know the causes of the battles that divided muslims, as it is very similar to 

he situation we 

are facing currently. We cannot lay ourselves in the bewilderment and then hope for something miraculous to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

Imam Ali forgave everyone after jamal [except one man who killed zayd b suhan] not just ayesha alone ....that includes marwan and many others who would later curse imam Ali.

I am against cursing ayesha as well as she was the wife of the Prophet ...but i dont think she ever really regretted what she did at jamal, if repentence is sincere then it is accompanied by actions [ like zubair who left the battlefield of jamal]

Edited by Panzerwaffe
  • Advanced Member

Salam we should not curse her by name

We should however curse her in our hearts. For the mother of believers title is only to prevent marriage after the martyrdom of the Rasool (SAWW).

This was the woman who "repented" and then did sajda when Imam Ali (as) died, she then prevented the Grandson of the Prophet (SAWW) from being buried near his grandfather.

This is the women who fought the Prophet (SAWW) in the battle of Jamal for is not Imam Ali (as) the reflection of the Prophet (SAWW).

We must realise she is definitley no better than the wives of Lut and Nuh, infact she is probably a hell of a lot worse, excuse the pun.

Imam Ali (as) is the peak of morals and perfection, he showed mercy even to the enemies of Allah, and although we should learn from him, we should recognise that she is an evil woman who is the enemy of the Prophet (SAWW) and his household just like the women who poisoned the Imams (as). She just used the Um Al Mumineen title to her political advantage.

May Allah curse all the enemies of the Ahululbayt (as)

• Advanced Member
Imam Ali forgave everyone after jamal [except one man who killed zayd b suhan] not just ayesha alone ....that includes marwan and many others who would later curse imam Ali.

I am against cursing ayesha as well as she was the wife of the Prophet ...but i dont think she ever really regretted what she did at jamal, if repentence is sincere then it is accompanied by actions [ like zubair who left the battlefield of jamal]

Salam...

As some one right said above "Its just a matter of time before somebody comes along and tells us Imam Hussain forgave Yazeed, the BIbi Sabereh forgave Abu Bakr and Omar, etc etc."

I am for cursing Ayesha...

About sincere repentance....if zubair was really sincere in his repentance he should have fought on the side of Imam Ali(as)... just leaving the battle field will not suffice!!

wassalam

• Advanced Member

(salam)

It was thanks to her that she led tens of thousands of Muslims astray by waging war against their Imam and rightful ruler ? She was the first rebel, and for that, I show her no love or affection.

If I want to love and respect a Mother of the Believers, that would be our Mother Lady Khadija, or our Lady Ummo Salamah (May Allah be pleased with both of them, and ,ay his peace be upon them)

(salam)

Edited by NoorFatima
  • Advanced Member

Then curse her,Ya hassoon.

By Allah,if the prophet pbuh would have to choose a hezb(party).Your hezb[which curses his wife on this world and akhira] or the hezb of Aisha.He would have chosen the hezb of Aisha radiyallah an3a wa'ardaha.

You can never reach her imaan.She saw the prophet,she believed in him.She helped the muslimwounds.

You can never reach her imaan.

Allah swt has given her higher position then your position,and maybe you are one of the losers because you curse the wife of prophet Muhammad pbuh.

The prophet Muhammad pbuh would never support your curse towards his wife.

• Advanced Member

I will tell you a nice story About Shiek AL mufid and why he was called AL MUFID

There was a debate in basra Between a Very high Sunni scholer in Basra and a shia this is how it started

Sunni Shiek: The verse that Abu bukr was in the CAVE is strong and the hadith Whoever i am the master of Ali is the master of is a narration and we take the Strong and not the narration

Shia Shiek : did not know what to say so he went

Al Mufid : Can i ask a question to the Shiek

Sunni Shiek : Go Ahead

Al Mufid : Do you agree that Whoever wages a war on the Imam Of his time is a Kaffir??

Sunni Shiek : Said Normally Yes but knew who he is referring to (Aesha) but in this Case she repented

Al Mufid : The battle of Jamal is strong but Aesha REPENTING is a narration and we take the strong and Not the narration

Sunni Sheik : You a USEFUL person (hence why he was titled AL MUFID)

Edited by ahmadlazio
Guest Peace
(salam)

Whizzie

Lovely! nicely said.

Guest Peace
(salam)

Whizzie

Lovely! nicely said.

(salam)

Even this CAN be relied upon, because we have sermons in the Nahj to the contrary, what about the transgressions committed after Janab-e-Ameer's shahadat. What about the attack by a contingent of archers led by this woman, on the Janaza of Imam Hasan Janab-e-Ameer wasn't around to forgive that, at least, nor Imam Hasan, whose mortal remains were pierced by those arrows.

Can you tell us, WHO, if anybody forgave that?

• Veteran Member

^all those things were in future ...Imam cannot punish her for that at the time of Jamal...if that was the case imam would have cut off the head of ziyad b abih [ father of ubaidullah b ziyad] who served in his administration.

and as far as i know archers were marwans but ayesha did indeed prevented burial

Edited by Panzerwaffe
  • Veteran Member
About sincere repentance....if zubair was really sincere in his repentance he should have fought on the side of Imam Ali(as)... just leaving the battle field will not suffice!!

wassalam

just to clarify i am against cursing the first 2 caliphs as well ...and i consider ayesha far worse than them or even uthman

regarding zubair yes you are right that would have been ideal ...and indeed some people did switch over from ayesha's side to fight with Imam Ali ...

but remember he made this move despite taunting from his own son and ayesha, he had a choice to follow his ego and stay or heed the warning of Prophet and leave/or fight with Ali atleast he opted for the second option shows that he did have fear of retribution in akhira ....zubair participated in uprising not because of deepseated hatred of imam like ayesha or abdullah [his son who was under ayesha's influence] but because of greed which made him blind ....no falliable human being is immune from that even imam's own brother aqeel went to muawiyah when imam did not pay him from baytulmal ....

for 90% of his life zubair was a "near one" of Imam distingusihed himself in many ghazwahs alongside Prophet & imam not a draftdodger...we cannot dismiss his past services just like that .....furthermore he was killed by a neutral not by imam's army.

Edited by Panzerwaffe
^all those things were in future ...Imam cannot punish her for that at the time of Jamal...if that was the case imam would have cut off the head of ziyad b abih [ father of ubaidullah b ziyad] who served in his administration.

and as far as i know archers were marwans but ayesha did indeed prevented burial

Those things are now part of the history of mazaalim on the Ahle-Bayt-e-Rasool, and the perpetrators of such mazaalim.

Are you advocating, that as servants of the Aal-e-Rasool, we say, "Chalo, ho jaata hai," and forget about it?

Forget everything?

• Veteran Member
Those things are now part of the history of mazaalim on the Ahle-Bayt-e-Rasool, and the perpetrators of such mazaalim.

Are you advocating, that as servants of the Aal-e-Rasool, we say, "Chalo, ho jaata hai," and forget about it?

Forget everything?

who is saying that ? if that was the case then we should forget jamal , siffin ,karbala etc

but you and others are taking the easy way out ....dividing everyone in 2 groups "with us" or "against us " either "all good " or "all bad"

fortunately imam and his followers did not see things that way , that is why their attitudes towards their opponents varied.

lastly I was stating the historical fact that a GENERAL pardon was given to all [except one] after jamal including ayesha

to which you contradicted me ....that does not mean that we absolve her of all wrongdoings

Edited by Panzerwaffe