Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Shiachat.com - New Server

Rate this topic

• Site Administrators

Salam Alaikum, and welcome to the new ShiaChat.com server!

If you haven't noticed by now, we're back on full throttle. This is a very expensive, advanced server that we hope will keep us up and alive for at least the next couple of years as we watch this community grow.

Over the past few months, we've had countless issues with corrupt databases, attacks, server loads and no-search functionality. Today, we bring back the site more powerful than ever, a safe secure site with automatic backups that will guarantee the integrity of shiachat.com for years to come. A search engine that returns over 1000 results in a matter of seconds rather than crash the server, RAID 160GB hard drives and many more. Welcome to a new ShiaChat.com :)

That's not to say we don't expect any downtime or issues at all, that would be setting the wrong expectations, but within the next few days, we'll work hard to guarantee that this server will remain as efficient as possible, and we can only do that by running some tests, trials and errors. Please do bare with us while we go through this process.

With that being said, welcome back home. We're still working on bringing back the other necessities such as Media section, books, etc. This should be done within the next 24 hours.

Thanks for the patience guys. It's amazing how when the site is down for over 24 hours, the second we bring it up, within 15 minutes we have over 150 guests browsing around - it makes the many hours invested in this by the few individuals working silently in the background truly worthwhile.

Thanks once again for your support and patience.

- Administration

Guest blissful223

:lol: [edited - he wasn't supposed to type that, ignore him]

nice work btw. its good being able to view new posts. and yeh it is fast.

with salam.

Edited by Ya Aba 3abdillah
  • Advanced Member

Great job, and thanks for all the hard work! Now that the search is back and better, alhamdulillah, proving certain misguided ppl in the shia/sunni forum will be faster and easier (thanks also to the hard work of previous posters!). Jazakallah!!!

• Site Administrators
:D Jazakumullahu Khair!! :D

But bro Ali it is showing that I have "-7 New Messages". It's minus!! ! :lol:

Anyways.. well done! :)

LOL, it means no one likes you :P

I just ran a few fixes.. . I'll send you a PM, let me knwo what happens.

• Advanced Member
:blush:

:lol:

Yeah man, that cracked me up but they worked so hard and got the site back up, I didn't want to nitpick :lol:

Please do bare with us while we go through this process.

That will be BEAR not bare :lol:

Bare is well, not a very nice word :Hijabi:

• Advanced Member

(salam)

It is always nice to see you back. Eventhough I have notice your server being down many-many times , or very-very slowwww.... but I love this site. It is my place to relax.... and learn.

In my oppinion it is not easy being popular and worth to visit. Especially with the ugly competitor.

I always pray, Siachat always one step better everyday. Insya Allah !

Good job! Bravo! for your team work.