Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Truth About Wahabies

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaamun Alaikum

I recently found this video on google called "The truth about Wahhabies" and the site which posted this is a sunni website.. its called aicp or something like that.. can someone give some details about who the person is?

Link: http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=4390543243580274460

Wassalaamun Alaikum

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I'm not sure who that is, but I know that all non-Wahhabi and non-Salafi Sunnis are anti-Wahhabi. Mainstream Sunnis are Kuffar according to Wahhabis! Mainstream Sunnis do Tawassul through Muhammad (as) (Kufr according to Wahhabis) and they follow a Madhab (Kufr according to Wahhabis).

Edited by ZulfiqarAbdullah
  • Advanced Member
(salam)

I'm not sure who that is, but I know that all non-Wahhabi and non-Salafi Sunnis are anti-Wahhabi. Mainstream Sunnis are Kuffar according to Wahhabis! Mainstream Sunnis do Tawassul through Muhammad (as) (Kufr according to Wahhabis) and they follow a Madhab (Kufr according to Wahhabis).

true

• Advanced Member

(salam)

or something like that.. can someone give some details about who the person is?
Look up the Radical Middle Way sister and ACIP are basically the same.
I'm not sure who that is, but I know that all non-Wahhabi and non-Salafi Sunnis are anti-Wahhabi. Mainstream Sunnis are Kuffar according to Wahhabis! Mainstream Sunnis do Tawassul through Muhammad (Kufr according to Wahhabis) and they follow a Madhab (Kufr according to Wahhabis).

Brother Tawsassul is also a very contreversal issues among the various madhhab's inside Sunnism, not just tge Salfi madhhab . and Also Salfism is largely based on the Hanbali Madhaba.

And do you have a more consice and larger Sunni lecture because this guy basically says Salfis are "Exreamist" and believe Allah sits on a throne of which he gives no sources .

Wasalam

Edited by Abdel Hassan
  • Advanced Member
Brother Tawsassul is also a very contreversal issues among the various madhhab's inside Sunnism, not just tge Salfi madhhab . and Also Salfism is largely based on the Hanbali Madhaba.

(salam)

True, that it is very controversal. However, many agree that Tawassul is allowed, just they differ on whether or not it's symbolic (like a poet calling on a rock for strength; symbolic).

I mix up my Salafis and Wahhabis a lot. I guess it's the Wahhabis who believe that Madhabs are kufr and so is Tawassul. Now that I'm looking at it, Salafis say that only fresh new Muslims should follow a Madhab until they learn about the religion.

(salam)

Salam

Brother your post is untrue, it seem you dont have any knowledge about so called ''wahhabism'', it is not wahhabism it is salafiyah. An aqeedah within sunnis, they differ from some madhabs but they follow imam ahmed ibn Hanbal. Also you said sunnis are kuffar acording to salafis, NO they do not say sunnis are kuffar because they are themselves a part ofsunnism. Like here in UK there are salafis in all sunni mosques, as well as other aqeedahs from malikis and shafis.

You also said that some sunnis say Tawassul is alright, that is true some sunnis say that. Those sunnis are not following any madhabs, but they are very simmilar to sufism. Most of the sunni ulama and all the madhabs do not allow tawassul. Not only salafis.

It seems that you think sunnism always talks about kufr, as I sunni myself I know all kind of groups within it. I see different people everyday. I can tell you some are really scared of ''wahhabis'' but that is just of their lack of knowledge about it. Kufr must not be to commit, but sadly it is.

Edited by The-Sunnah
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

Brother your post is untrue, it seem you dont have any knowledge about so called ''wahhabism'', it is not wahhabism it is salafiyah. An aqeedah within sunnis, they differ from some madhabs but they follow imam ahmed ibn Hanbal. Also you said sunnis are kuffar acording to salafis, NO they do not say sunnis are kuffar because they are themselves a part ofsunnism. Like here in UK there are salafis in all sunni mosques, as well as other aqeedahs from malikis and shafis.

Salafism claims to follow the "Salafs" (first 3 generations of Muslims) though really their interpretation of Hadith is based on Ibn Taymiyah (spelling?), who was Hanbali. So you are correct. However, I said minstream Sunnis are kuffar in their eyes. Mainstream Sunnis are the Sunnis who follow a Sunni Madhab (Hanafi, Shafi'i, Maliki, or Hanbali).

Remember that Sufism is simply Islamic mysticism. They believe the same things as Muslims do, and they shouldn't be a different sect since they simply practice Islam differently. They are more like a different Madhab than a different sect. So, Sufis won't have a practice that all other Muslims don't have.

You also said that some sunnis say Tawassul is alright, that is true some sunnis say that. Those sunnis are not following any madhabs, but they are very simmilar to sufism. Most of the sunni ulama and all the madhabs do not allow tawassul. Not only salafis.
All the Madhabs do allow Tawassul. Imam Malik (founder of the Maliki Madhab) was once asked about Tawassul. A man asked "If I make Tawassul, should I face the Ka'aba or the Prophet's (as) grave?" and Imam Malik said "pray towards the Prophet's (as) grave".

Many Hanafis, Hanbalis, Shafi'is, and Malikis allow Tawassul, and so do their scholars.

It seems that you think sunnism always talks about kufr, as I sunni myself I know all kind of groups within it. I see different people everyday. I can tell you some are really scared of ''wahhabis'' but that is just of their lack of knowledge about it. Kufr must not be to commit, but sadly it is.

I know Sunnism isn't, because I was a Sunni myself. Nearly all Sunnis (besides Wahhabis and Salafis) were anti-Wahhabi and anti-Salafi. It isn't fair to group Salafis and Wahhabis together, though, because Salafis are closer to following the Hanbali Madhab while Wahhabis interpret the Qur'an and Hadith to their liking without the use of scholars.

I know of a Sunni forum that is run by Wahhabis. The administrator is a Wahhabi who I believe has been one all of his life. He once said: "We are not Wahhabi but we study his books and believe in him". This is just background info.

I once asked "Which Madhab should I follow?". This got my post edited and he said that Taqlid (which he described to be "blind following") as kufr and said that the Qur'an and Sunnah of our Prophet (as) was enough.

I'm not bashing the Brother, but I'm just trying to tell you their point of view.

A Wahhabi website has the same views as I have just said. This website is Wahhabi, for they said that "many malicious lies have been told" against Muhammad bin Abdul-Wahhab, and they also refered to his message as the "Message of Truth".

Edited by ZulfiqarAbdullah
  • Advanced Member
Can you brother give me the source where Imam Malik says what you wrote??

(salam)

From a Traditionalist Sunni website (a footnote for an article on Tawassul):

Imam Malik said to al-Mansur inside the Prophet's Mosque in Madina: "Face him [the Prophet] and ask for his intercession (istashfi` bihi)." It is cited by al-Qadi `Iyad in al-Shifa (2:92-93) with a sound (sahih) chain, and also cited by al-Samhudi in Khulasat al-Wafa, Subki in Shifa' al-siqam, Qastallani in al-Mawahib al-laduniyya, Ibn Jama`a in Hidayat al-salik, and Haytami in al-Jawhar al-munazzam and Tuhfat al-zuwwar. See also Ibn `Abd al-Hadi in al-Sarim al-munki p. 244. Ibn Jama`a says in Hidayat al-salik (3:1381): "It is related by the two hafiz Ibn Bashkuwal and al-Qadi `Iyad in al-Shifa' after him, and no attention is paid to the words of those who claim that it is forged purely on the basis of his idle desires."

• Advanced Member

Salaafiyah of today is not the original Salaafiya of Hasan Al-Banna (of the Muslim Brotherhood). The Wahaabis after demolishing the graves of the pious Imams and sahaabi and attempts of bulldozing over the Prophet's grave received a bad reputation from the Muslim Ummah. Wahaabism now had a negative connotation. Salaafism during the period of Hasan al Banna became very popular. This is the period in which Wahaabis started to call themselves salaafis even though true salaafism was not exactly the same as Wahaabism.

Wa Salaam,

Dhuliqar