Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Nandos Melbourne

hijabikel

• Advanced Member
salamz

you better hope it is, i need my serve of nandos frequently, MmMMmMMmM :wub: lol

any1 else a nandos freak?

ws

OK, I have good news and bad news for Nando's lovers of Melbourne. I put the call into head office (1800 352 753) and was told that there is only one Nando's in Melbourne that is halal certified.

Although Nando's uses halal certified chicken (from Barter Steggles) across every store in Australia, most Melbourne stores use bacon. :wacko:

So, the only halal certified Nando's in Melbourne is in Box Hill.

At least that answered my question....

Salams.

Edited by hijabikel

• Advanced Member

i had halal mexican (that is the chinese waitress opened the door of the restaurant, said "salam! our meat is halal come in!) on whitehorse road box hill about a year ago. cant remember if it was nandos tho. It really didnt look like a franchise outlet. Oh the restaurant was designed as though it was half done. One half was one motif, the other was somthing other. It was deliberately done for some effect. I didnt feel comfortable after I had ordered I noticed all the alcohol advertising on every table. As well as the fact that they seemed to serve the alcohol too. The waitress told me the owner apparently is muslim..leb? cant remember.

• Advanced Member

whats so weird about a chinese waitress serving halal mexican food? i dont get it :mellow:

if she was lying, it was an elaborate one, because they had halal written on the menus that they gave you to take home.

besides what was weirder was an arab setting up a mexican food restaurant

surely establishments in america cannot and do not discrimate in employing someone in their restaurant because of their race? And people of different races set up shop selling food which is probably not natively their own?

besides, i think that mexicans here are not found in abundance as they are in the us.

theres another place here in bankstown, sydney, my friends and I have been to, which was supposedly halal. The owner was leb, the cooks were all thai. The food was all thai too "Thai Hut". Apparently, they were halal according to sunni standards, just about everything had oyster sauce in it.

The only place I know of in sydney which is halal and has cooks and waitresses all belonging to the nationality of the food, is this little decrepit chinese restaurant in ultimo, sydney.

actually, you know what? i dont know of one shia leb restaurant in sydney. i think when lebs go out to eat, they prefer to eat a different natio food. much of the time, what mum makes at home is a lot better than what you may eat at a restaurant, perhaps thats why they havent flourished.

• 1 year later...
  • Basic Members
OK, I have good news and bad news for Nando's lovers of Melbourne. I put the call into head office (1800 352 753) and was told that there is only one Nando's in Melbourne that is halal certified.

Although Nando's uses halal certified chicken (from Barter Steggles) across every store in Australia, most Melbourne stores use bacon. :wacko:

So, the only halal certified Nando's in Melbourne is in Box Hill.

At least that answered my question....

Salams.

Salam,

So wht does that mean ??? we hav to rush across the city to china town ( Boxhill ) to hav nandos ????

Thanx for the number i'll buzz'em n find out more...

:wacko:

Cox i confirmed the nandos in Knox city dey said tht its hala.. but yeah its was pretty ages ago about 2 years....

NOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .. what i'll gettin den!

but dint he assured that every franchise uses halal meat eventually...

• Advanced Member
Salam,

So wht does that mean ??? we hav to rush across the city to china town ( Boxhill ) to hav nandos ????

Thanx for the number i'll buzz'em n find out more...

:wacko:

Cox i confirmed the nandos in Knox city dey said tht its hala.. but yeah its was pretty ages ago about 2 years....

NOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .. what i'll gettin den!

but dint he assured that every franchise uses halal meat eventually...

All Nandos in Melbourne use halal chicken, you eat the Chicken no?

You can eat from all Nandos then, so long as you don't eat the bacon (and I know for a fact that the bacon is cooked separately).

Nandos= Green light.

There are also about......6 Halal KFCs and 2 Halal McDonalds.

I miss Melbourne....

Edited by Hassan2jz

• Advanced Member
All Nandos in Melbourne use halal chicken, you eat the Chicken no?

You can eat from all Nandos then, so long as you don't eat the bacon (and I know for a fact that the bacon is cooked separately).

Nandos= Green light.

There are also about......6 Halal KFCs and 2 Halal McDonalds.

I miss Melbourne....

(salam)

Can you please tell me exactly where the halal KFC's and McDonalds are? Jazak'Allah

wasalaam

• Advanced Member

Salam :)

Ohhh yuummmmmm !! My favourite food IS Nandos !!! Peri - Perri sauce extra hot.. mmmm :D

Yes, they are halal !! I love the one in Broadmeadows, Melbourne Central, Coburg and along near Hungry Jacks in the City.. Yer anyway.. the best food is served at Nandos..

I always ask though when I go - just 'in case'. :P To be on the safe side I guess :)

Go and enjoy those chickens *drooling* ...

• Advanced Member
(salam)

Can you please tell me exactly where the halal KFC's and McDonalds are? Jazak'Allah

wasalaam

WS

McDonalds:

St Albans, Brunswick East.

KFC:

Fawkner, Flemington, Werribee Plaza, Hoppers Crossing, Endeavour Hills....there is one more somewhere but I can't remember. I can find out if you like I'll buzz my mate in Melb later.

Salaam.

is nandos halal in perth? :unsure:

There are people in Perth? hahahaha

Only joking, Perth is a city too.... :Hijabi: