Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Insects !

Rate this topic

Mahdiyah

• Veteran Member

once i randomly walked into my room in karachi and then randomly walked into the bathroom and guess wat i saw

i saw the sink, offwhite in color, COMPLETELY BLACK, JET BLACK NO TRACE OF even a little white dot, the whole sink top to bottom was covered by litterally about a million ants, ants were everywhere in karachi but that was jus whaccck as if they had discovered kohinoor or sometthing, we had to kill them all with some liquid, damn i feel so bad looking back now, im a murdereer, i lvoe animals and even insects

what did i do!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Cockroach / Sarsuwr / Susk - I wish Allah never made them.

But because He has I must not argue and humbly accept. So instead I pray they become extinct. Nasty creatures!

Cricket / Surrsurr / Jirjirak - Somehow their night tune is soothing but face to face with one especially when its jumping toward you is scary. But I dont hate them as strangely somehow I like the noise they make.

Grasshopper / Jundub - because they look as green as grass one can be enjoying themselves in the sun only to shockingly realise that their hand is on a grasshopper or worse a grasshopper is on them - very deceiving indeed.

Lizard / Suhliyah / Maarmulak (reptile creatures - not insects) - its not them but what they do that scares me the most. They think they can crawl in and up anything and anyone they like. Which is not nice for anyone to experience.

Snail / Halazun - I think they look quite cute with their shell stuck to a wall - well atleast they stick to their territory.

Slug / Bazaaq - they make me sick! Now someones eyebrows remind me of them but at this time I forgot just whos....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Salaam.

I must admit although spiders are probably one of the most feared creatures they actually are quite useful ones aswell. By this I mean they help to control the population of other nasty insects by killing them, and for a good purpose mind you - for food.

If I had to choose between a fly, a wasp, a cockroach and a spider, I would prefer the spider anyday - just not in my room thats all!

Locust is my favourite insect. It is even halal to eat locust:

We participated with the Prophet (pbuh) in six or seven Ghazawat, and we used to eat locusts with him

(Sahih Bukhari)

The reason I like locust is because this is a scary looking insect and Allah Taala when He punished Pharoah and Egypt sent a massive plague of locusts, it must have been the most amazing sight ever.

locusts.jpg

Wilps97_plt2.JPG

Wilps97_plt1.JPG

So We sent (plagues) on them: Wholesale death, locusts, Lice, Frogs, And Blood: Signs openly self-explained: but they were steeped in arrogance,- a people given to sin (7:133)

Edited by Yushaa

• 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member

S/A.

I know in most parts of Africa Locusts are eaten frequently, I think they are caught and roasted or shallow fryed. The dish does not appeal to me atall. However in Iran during the peak of summer Locusts are a nightmere especially as they come out in the night aswell - in swarms. It may not be such a bad idea if the Iranians too invented such a dish I mean such as Locust Palaw. Just an idea mind you.

W/S

• Advanced Member

I am not overly fond of any insects, but the ones that bug me the most are roaches and flies.

Thankfully, I do not have to live with any pests, but out of the list I would be most upset if I had to deal with rats. I rather like squirrels and rabbits.

Edited by Asha