Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Hamas Deputy Waqf/religion Minister: Grossly Anti-shi'i

Rate this topic

waiting

Saleh al-Raqab, who is the deputy minister of the Waqf and religious affairs (http://www.palwakf.org), has written a book at the end of 2004 called "ÇáæÔíÚÉ Ýí ßÔÝ ÔäÇÆÚ æÖáÇáÇÊ ÇáÔíÚÉ". The book is available at http://www.saiedk.com/books/menu.php?action=top.

In the book:

- he claims the Shi'is don't believe in the Quran as it is, that it is distorted

- he claims the Mahdi (aj) of Shi'is is false

- he claims that Shi'is have sexual perversions

- he condemns and insults the Shi'i scholars

- he claims that Shi'is are enemies of Islam, and have conspired with foreigners against muslims, and claims Shi'is cooperated with mongols and crusaders to destroy the 'islamic' caliphate

- he repeatedly refers to Shi'is as "Rawafedh"

- he claims Shiism is a jewish conspiracy, founded by a jew called Ibn Saba

- he claims that Shi'is make takfir on anyone who doesn't believe in Imam Ali and their blood is halal

- he brings fatwas from all the four Sunni schools in condemnation of Shiism and Shi'is

- he claims Shi'is holiest books are "Mushaf Fatima", "Imam Ali's book" and "al-Jamiah"

- he regularly misquotes Shi'i books

- he claims Iran has secret plans to take over the Arab world and infiltrate it with spies, and quotes "secret letters"

- he calls it "the protocols of the elders of Qum" (in other words, compares Shiism with Zionism)

- he says that Shi'is are today all with America and against Sunnism, and he claims that the americans have said that "Without Iran, we would not have taken Kabul and Baghdad"

- he claims Iran and Israel are allies and they are working against Arabs and Sunnis

- he says that you should never trust Shi'is ("Rawafedh") and they are doing Taqiyyah and in reality they are cooperating with the Jews against the Arabs/Muslims

- he says that the "hidden"/internal enemy (i.e. Shi'is) are more dangerous than the overt/open enemy (i.e. Israel)

Saleh al-Raqab, who is the deputy minister of the Waqf and religious affairs (http://www.palwakf.org), has written a book at the end of 2004 called "ÇáæÔíÚÉ Ýí ßÔÝ ÔäÇÆÚ æÖáÇáÇÊ ÇáÔíÚÉ". The book is available at http://www.saiedk.com/books/menu.php?action=top.

In the book:

- he claims the Shi'is don't believe in the Quran as it is, that it is distorted

- he claims the Mahdi (aj) of Shi'is is false

- he claims that Shi'is have sexual perversions

- he condemns and insults the Shi'i scholars

- he claims that Shi'is are enemies of Islam, and have conspired with foreigners against muslims, and claims Shi'is cooperated with mongols and crusaders to destroy the 'islamic' caliphate

- he repeatedly refers to Shi'is as "Rawafedh"

- he claims Shiism is a jewish conspiracy, founded by a jew called Ibn Saba

- he claims that Shi'is make takfir on anyone who doesn't believe in Imam Ali and their blood is halal

- he brings fatwas from all the four Sunni schools in condemnation of Shiism and Shi'is

- he claims Shi'is holiest books are "Mushaf Fatima", "Imam Ali's book" and "al-Jamiah"

- he regularly misquotes Shi'i books

- he claims Iran has secret plans to take over the Arab world and infiltrate it with spies, and quotes "secret letters"

- he calls it "the protocols of the elders of Qum" (in other words, compares Shiism with Zionism)

- he says that Shi'is are today all with America and against Sunnism, and he claims that the americans have said that "Without Iran, we would not have taken Kabul and Baghdad"

- he claims Iran and Israel are allies and they are working against Arabs and Sunnis

- he says that you should never trust Shi'is ("Rawafedh") and they are doing Taqiyyah and in reality they are cooperating with the Jews against the Arabs/Muslims

- he says that the "hidden"/internal enemy (i.e. Shi'is) are more dangerous than the overt/open enemy (i.e. Israel)

Who in Hamas is not anti-Shia?

• Advanced Member
Well he's obviously an idiot, but thats just his idiotic opinion.

Well these idiotic opinions are shared by most Ikhwani cadres, including Hamas movement and even Qardhawi and othe Muslim Brotherhood figures (who are supposedly the sunni softies as opposed to the notorious wahabbis). This book and the articles of Dr Ahmad Bahar were written in 2004 before Hamas was in power and shows their true deep aversion to Shiism, Shi'i Maraje' and Iran in particular. Ofcourse now, when they are in power and realise that Iran is their only real patron who is willing to aid them financially they will shut up and do lip service to Iran. However these works are quite recent, and in addition to their mourning over Saddam and Zarqawi, they only show that while Hamas takes Shi'a money they support our killers in return and accuse us of being "an enemy greater than the Jews".

• Advanced Member

(salam)

When Hafez al-Assad surrounded and attacked Ikhwan al-Muslimeen (The Muslim Brotherhood) in Hama in 1982, I always wondered why despite the fact that the Ikhwan begged Imam Khomeini (ra) to help them out, he refused to do so and supported Hafez al-Assad instead.

It's only recently that I've understood Imam Khomeini's wisdom ... It is unfortunate how many of his followers put the interests of the enemies of Shi'ism before theirs, but he himself (Imam Khomeini) was devoid of these ideological frantics and never compromised Shi'i interests and put us first.

Insh'Allah people will wake up and see the true intentions of our supposed "brothers" like Imam Khomeini (as) always understood.

• Advanced Member
Unfortunatly most of those are mainstream sunni beliefs. I guess im not really surprised.

Although these misconceptions have been propogared far and wide within the sunni community, they are accepted out of ignorance, even ignorance of their own historical conclusions. The people who spread hate within the sunni comminty against shias have equivelence (in my eyes) to the people that spread hate in the shia circles against sunnis. In both of these camps, the aim seems to be to widen the divide between muslims, rather than to help bridge any gap. These people like to keep a clear and hostile division between the muslims, because if the muslims interact and discuss peacefully the issues they face, they will reach conclusions that bring them closer together and help resolve their differences.

Anyway, we all know that the Al-AZhar in Egypt has issued a fatwa declaring the Jaafari school of thought (twelver shia) as a valid school of thought from their opinion. This should clearly show that not all sunnis share these misconceptions, specifically those sunnis that have over the years interacted with us in a peaceful atmosphere have shed these misconceptions pretty quickely, because they realised that they don't hold any weight in a debate. Hence, it is important to not generalise.

As an aside, as far as I am aware it was Imam Khomini (ra) that established the tradition of Day of Al-Quds, what was the reason for that? Who was he showing solidarity with? What was the cause he was supporting? Did he ever stop supporting this cause? Did he ask us to ever stop supporting this cause?

I ask that instead of wasting our energy on spreading hate and instilling divisions, we should engage and discuss, and bridge any gaps. Hate fests don't lead to any betterment in relations nor the correcting of the misconceptions.

I ask that instead of wasting our energy on spreading hate and instilling divisions, we should engage and discuss, and bridge any gaps.

Exposing the beliefs of Nasibis whom you (and some of those who share your opinion regarding Hamas) have claimed are pro-Shi'i is not "spreading hate and instilling divisions".

It's your friends in Hamas who are spreading hate and instilling divisions, I am merely exposing them so that the Shi'is and the lovers of the Prophet's Household are not tricked by Unity-mongers.

Our cooperation with Hamas (for as long as they remain Sunni, which is not much better than Salafi, Wahhabi or whatever they call themselves) is political and that's that. They are not pro-Shi'i, never have been and it's not probable that they will ever be (as a group).

We have no issues with engaging and discussing, but your idea of it seems to be excusing them, trying to appease them and occassionally (sad to say) compromise on beliefs.

Why don't you use the same standards while dealing with Zionists? I'm confident that the Zionists are even more ignorant than Hamas members about Shiism. Yet, you do not hesitate to condemn Zionism while I'm sure you won't mind engaging and discussing with them.

In other words - expose your enemies, but don't close the door to dialogue.

I think you should deal with Nasibis (such as Hamas) the same way you deal with Zionists, otherwise it's simply inconsistent.

I personally cannot consider people who say Shi'is are the biggest enemies to be even friends, let alone brothers.

• Advanced Member

wahabi/salafi and anyone who supports them are good at LIENG

THESE ACCUSATIONS MAKE U LAUGH

IBN SABA looool they made him up he does not even exsist WE can say there Sect is found by Abu bukr and Omer and they follow there sunnah

next they will be saying shia's are from Miky mouse

And do we accuse the WHOLE sunni WORLD as MUNAFIQS because it was them who sold PALESTINE to the JEWS not SHIA it was THERE SHIEKS about 500 of them all agreed and sent out FATWA's to let THE AMERICANS STAY IN THE GULF YES SUNNI's NOT SHIA

It Sunni Country WHO take AID from USA in order to for USA to stay in there Countries

ITS SUNNI'S WHO LOST ANDULACIA

SALAH DIN is a NASABI who killed SHIA's For no reason

ITS THERE SHIEKS that said ITS HARAM TO DO DUA FOR HIZBOLLAH (who is collabrating)??

He saying if it wasnt for IRAN Baghdad will not been taking

IF it wasnt for there FATWA's the AMERICANS would of not had presences in the MIDDLE EAST!!!!!!

Edited by ahmadlazio

I would just like to add a point: Digitalmo claims this individual is "ignorant".

The question is if he is ignorant, then who are these hidden knowledgable people he keeps talking about that "love" Hizbullah and Shi'is?

This individual is a professor of Aqeedah and contemporary schools of thought (ÃÓÊÇÐ ãÔÇÑß Ýí ÇáÚÞíÏÉ ÇáÅÓáÇãíÉ æÇáãÐÇåÈ ÇáãÚÇÕÑÉ) at the Gaza Islamic University. He is the deputy RELIGION minister. He decides what the palestinian children will learn and he teaches this nonsense to his students.

If a knowledgable expert on Aqeedah and Madhahib, and a religion minister, in the Hamas government has these beliefs, then God save us from the ignorants.

No Digitalmo, he is not ignorant, infact he knows exactly what he is talking about.

His personal webpage at Gaza Islamic University can be viewed at Ãhttp://www.iugaza.edu/Staff/StaffWeb/index.asp?page=776&id=204.

ٰThe other individual, the deputy speaker of the Parliament Ahmed Bahar, is a deputy dean in the literature department at the same "Islamic" University.

Rantissi is an theoretician and a founder of Hamas.

Both are students of Yassin, another Hamas founder (by their own admission).

Edited by waiting

• Advanced Member
I would just like to add a point: Digitalmo claims this individual is "ignorant".

The question is if he is ignorant, then who are these hidden knowledgable people he keeps talking about that "love" Hizbullah and Shi'is?

This individual is a professor of Aqeedah and contemporary schools of thought (ÃÓÊÇÐ ãÔÇÑß Ýí ÇáÚÞíÏÉ ÇáÅÓáÇãíÉ æÇáãÐÇåÈ ÇáãÚÇÕÑÉ) at the Gaza Islamic University. He is the deputy RELIGION minister. He decides what the palestinian children will learn and he teaches this nonsense to his students.

If a knowledgable expert on Aqeedah and Madhahib, and a religion minister, in the Hamas government has these beliefs, then God save us from the ignorants.

No Digitalmo, he is not ignorant, infact he knows exactly what he is talking about.

His personal webpage at Gaza Islamic University can be viewed at Ãhttp://www.iugaza.edu/Staff/StaffWeb/index.asp?page=776&id=204.

ٰThe other individual, the deputy speaker of the Parliament Ahmed Bahar, is a deputy dean in the literature department at the same "Islamic" University.

Rantissi is an theoretician and a founder of Hamas.

Both are students of Yassin, another Hamas founder (by their own admission).

Ouch!

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Bro waiting. Thanks for posting the references. The matter is not one bad apple. It's the whole bad tree. And bad tree produces bad apples.

Sad news and I dont see Sunnis&Wahhabis changing ever. They dont believe in Unity. They dont have guidance. They have bad leadership.

Dont you think now is the right time to embrace the teaching of ahlul-bayt.

Edited by Zareen

• Advanced Member
Our cooperation with Hamas (for as long as they remain Sunni, which is not much better than Salafi, Wahhabi or whatever they call themselves) is political and that's that. They are not pro-Shi'i, never have been and it's not probable that they will ever be (as a group).

of course hamas or whatever sunni group is not pro shia. if they were pro shia... they would be shias themselves. You cant expect them to support our beliefs, just like we dont support theirs. Yes this mans opinion is wrong, but that doesnt mean we shouldnt stop supporting the Palestinian cause. We are shias, our job is to help the oppressed and not let it go by like its nothing. You all know how ignorant palestinians are on shia beliefs, this is why we need to keep in touch with them, to show them our akhlaq and kindness, unlike the wahabis and other extremists. By staying in touch with them they may also be influenced to do some real research on shiism. Im sure you know of the small shia group that is in palestine, i wouldnt be surprised if that was influenced by imam khomeini or hizballah (i dont know but im just assuming).

You're right this cooperation is political, but you have to know that sunnis are not as united as shias. Sunni opinions are very diverse, and they dont follow one religious persons ruling as you know. Just because this fool wrote a few lies doesnt mean everybody will believe them, but its our job to make sure of that.

Just because the cooeration is poltical, it doesnt mean there are no religious benefits.

They have shown no signs of wanting to kill anybody but zionists. Dont get me wrong, this person who wrote the stuff is not right, but knowing average sunnis (not wahabis)- they wont give it much value unless they have a high respect or this man, because thats just not how they follow things.

of course hamas or whatever sunni group is not pro shia. if they were pro shia... they would be shias themselves. You cant expect them to support our beliefs, just like we dont support theirs. Yes this mans opinion is wrong, but that doesnt mean we shouldnt stop supporting the Palestinian cause.
Somebody has to clearly define the so called "Palestinian cause". I don't support any Palestinian cause, if that means the establishment of yet another Arab state under the leadership of Nasibis.

If we're talking about the liberation of Jerusalem (note: NOT the politically ambitioned state of Palestine), then yes we could do that in THEORY, but practically speaking it's impossible, and even if we did, it would fall under the hands of the Nasibis. In anycase, the liberation of Mecka and Medina would have priority since they are "higher" on the rank.

You all know how ignorant palestinians are on shia beliefs, this is why we need to keep in touch with them, to show them our akhlaq and kindness, unlike the wahabis and other extremists. By staying in touch with them they may also be influenced to do some real research on shiism.

I have no arguments with this. I'm talking about people who claim Hamas or Palestinians give a squat about Shi'is. If you agree that Hamas is a Nasibi-run movement with which we have political cooperation (just like we have with China, Russia, etc) then we would have no argument.

Just because this fool wrote a few lies doesnt mean everybody will believe them, but its our job to make sure of that.

A few lies? It's an entire book with hundreds of pages written with ONLY the purpose of showing how Shi'is are deviant, the enemies of Islam, and Satan's tool to destroy the muslims.

This fool, is the second highest Hamas official in charge of religious education of the new palestinian education. He's a university professor, and an expert in these affairs.

This man was appointed by the Hamas leadership, which by the way is filled with Nasibis which I posted in other threads. It means that the Hamas leadership wishes the new generation of Palestinians to be taught by this man (and his co-horts). In other words, you cannot dismiss it as if he was any average Tom, Richard or Harry from the street.

This man is the student of Yassin (a Hamas founder), much like his other buddy who is a dean at the Gaza "Islamic" University.

They do respect him, naturally, since he is one of the most educated individual, especially in Islamic schools of thought.

The entire point of these posts is that Hamas is a Nasibi movement with which we have political relations. We can, and should, expand our efforts in proselytization among Palestinians. However, no one should claim Hamas is an ideological ally, or that they are pro-Shi'i, etc.

No, they are merely yet another group which we can use as leverage against Israel (with which we should not have had a conflict in the first place, had it not been for the troublemaking Palestinians who invited them to Lebanon).

If you want to support a palestinian group ideologically, then that would be the Higher Shi'i Council of Palestine - a group that Hamas is doing its best to marginalize and work against.

• Advanced Member

you have your views and i have mine ... but I have one comment

No, they are merely yet another group which we can use as leverage against Israel (with which we should not have had a conflict in the first place, had it not been for the troublemaking Palestinians who invited them to Lebanon).

Yes, those troublemaking people did let them into lebanon but they would have still been a threat. As you know Israel remained in Lebanon after that until 2000, and that wasnt because of the palestinians. And now they keep attacking because lebanon has a true power to stand up to them. So even if the palestinians didnt invite them into lebanon still wouldnt have been safe from them. in the middle east you cant have any power or prosperity freely except by giving into israels evil plans, and if you dont give into their plans then they will somehow try to put you down. Shias dont give in to transgressors of any sort. So if you dont see israel as an enemy and condemn their oppression and injustices against the palestinian people, you're going to end up like jordan, egypt and saudi arabia. Thats what theyre trying to do to lebanon as we speak. So it doesnt matter if israel fought the shia or not, because no matter what happens they still are oppressors who are a threat to anybody that doesnt bow down to them.

Just because theyre not shia it doesnt mean that they arent humans and dont deserve any help and they are muslims whether it pleases you or not. Of course if they were a threat to shias then its a different story, but they are not a threat to shias.

But as for my personal opinion, Israel would still be an enemy to me even if they had not invaded lebanon, because they have always been opressors with their own deviated plans.

Edited by Jnoub Libnan

No one has argued that Israel is not an oppressor. Nor has anyone here argued that Israel has a 'right' to exist, for that matter.

The argument is if we should be in a state of war with them.

Russia, China, India, Phillipines, U.S., France, U.K. and many other states are also oppressive states. All of them are currently occupying muslim lands. All of them have killed muslims, and continue to do so, etc.

Yet we have ties with all of them.

Not being in a state of war does not mean that you love that state and embrace everything it does.

Just because theyre not shia it doesnt mean that they arent humans and dont deserve any help and they are muslims whether it pleases you or not. Of course if they were a threat to shias then its a different story, but they are not a threat to shias.
I think that PLO/Hamas etc, if in power, would oppress shi'is just like all other Arab Sunni states in history for the past 1400 years have done. I don't know what makes you think they are any different, especially as I have already exposed what their highest level officials think about Shiism. We are worse than christians and jews to them - try to understand that.
But as for my personal opinion, Israel would still be an enemy to me even if they had not invaded lebanon, because they have always been opressors with their own deviated plans.

Israel, as well as all of the other states mentioned above with which we have ties, are enemies of God. I don't know where you got from my statements that they are not enemies? I think all states are our enemies. My only difference in opinion with you is that I think the Sunni Arab regimes have as large as enmity towards as Israel does, whereas you somehow think Sunni Arabs would be "nicer" to us, even though history has shown that Sunni Arabs have been atleast as cruel, if not worse.

• Advanced Member

Please don't be hurt by this. Please don't let it get to you. Let's focus on ourselves, and help the Shi'a around the world. Hamas is a piece of trash. A pathetic organization that has succeeded only impoverishing its people. Let them be as much anti-Shi'a as they want. Let them hate. They have absolutely no credibility and deserve no respect. I would actually be angry with Iran for funding Hamas. Iran should use that funding to help the Shi'a in Lebanon (even moreso) and help the oppressed Shi'a all over the world. To hell with what Hamas thinks.

At the end of the day, they are the losers. Let's not be brought down by Sunni chauvenism.

• 6 years later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam, if my brothers read this, surely they will feel upset, while i try my best to promote unity among them but if this is the way you guys look at things, then it will just make it worst. we should treat our muslim brothers with justice, love and kindness. that's what our Prophet taught us. This kind of suspicious behaviour and hasty generalisation definitely won't help us to find solution.....

hope we can follow the example of the ulama in this video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9UFe6MbTNs

• 4 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

According to Sunnis, the Shia are Zionists. According to Shia, the Sunnis are Zionists.

So how about we all just be Zionist and get along?

:lol:

Exactly. This way we can become multi-millionaires as well. Jewmoney ya'll.