Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Or Hazrat Ali (as)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

There is no entity worthy of worship except Allah(Swt),There is no man greater than Prophet Muhammad(saws).

Tell you friends this before they give you a long copy paste on how the Shia worship Ali(as)!

• Advanced Member
(salam)

I want to know who is greater person for you (shias) Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) or Hazrat Ali (as) ?

Also give the reason why?

(salam)

No one (human, jinns,angels) is greater than the Holy Prophet (pbuh).

Imam Ali (as) is the best one from Prophet (saw) companions. No companions or muslims is greater than Imam Ali(As) in taqwa/knowledge. He is not greater than the Holy Prophet(saw). No one is.

Edited by Zareen

i think most (if not all) shia's believe that prophet pbuh was better than imam ali ra.

the difference is

shi'as believe imam ali ra was the best after prophet pbuh out of a group where the majority went astray

sunnis believe that abu bakr ra and then umar ra were the best and all the companions were the best of people

(salam)

I've never come across that hadith; but I've come across the same type of words siad by the caliph for anohter personality ;).

If it were not for Ali (ra), Umar (ra) would be doomed isnt anywhere near the same as what i quoted above.

And i found it on this very forum Click Here

Edited by Ridaa
  • Advanced Member

S/A

Ridaa, the words that you have quoted are true. The arabic term is "Fidahu Abeeha." meaning (it's hard to explain because english is such a weak language) = May her father be sacrificed for her. This is a term of endearment and care for his daughter Fatima (SA). It is showing how much the father loved the daughter. Imam Musa al-Kadhim (as) also quoted the same about his daughter, Bibi Fatima Qum. Does this mean she's higher than him. NO!

Wasalaam

(salam)

I remember the Holy Prophet (saw) used to call Sayyida Fatima AzZahra (sa) as "Um Abeha" or Mother of her Father.

^^

This is found in sunni ahaadith as well.

But dont you find that quote from before odd?

Allah (jalla jalaalahu) supposedly telling Rasullulah (saaw) that he wouldn't have created him (saaw) if Sayyida Fatima (as) was not created?

(salam)

Edited by Ridaa
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
(salam)

I want to know who is greater person for you (shias) Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) or Hazrat Ali (as) ?

Also give the reason why?

O you believe, obey Allah and obey His Messenger and those amongst you who are give supreme authority (by Allah). (4:59)

As you can see from this Ayah, the order of obedience is as follows

1. Allah

2. His messenger (muhammad (pbuh) )

3. those who are given authority (i.e. the imams, starting from imam Ali (as))

The prophet (pbuh) had said of Ali (as): "I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate”. Therefore whoever wants the city should enter it from its gate.