Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Burqini

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

(salam) I am thinking to order one of these http://www.ahiida.com/index.php?a=subcats&cat=20 and I was wondering if anyone has tried it. I have used the suit with a jacket and the top stays down in the water but this has no tie at the waist and maybe it floats up in the water.... I like this style better and there is lots of room for tied hair in the hood.

Edited by Maryaam
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That burkini reveals the shape of her body, she might as well wear a real one :wacko:

(bismillah) (salam) There's a difference of jogging out in public where men can see you and an (in door: women only gym). No one said that muslim women must be fat, weak and unhealthy but the opposi

• Veteran Member
If it doesn't work for swimming, you can always wear it to play tennis or go jogging - it wouldn't be a total loss. I'd prefer a longer top.

I don't know how to swim anyway.

(salam) Yes, I think I can use it anyway. In case youare interested, yhese have longer tops http://www.ahiida.com/index.php?a=results&subcat=65 . They are considered more modest. The one I picked is a 'slim fit' which is important for being in the water. Take swim lessons first though :)

Edited by Maryaam
(salam) Yes, I think I can use it anyway. In case youare interested, yhese have longer tops http://www.ahiida.com/index.php?a=results&subcat=65 . They are considered more modest. The one I picked is a 'slim fit' which is important for being in the water. Take swim lessons first though :)

it's nice but it sure is expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advanced Member

I think what you guys are missing is that many girls who wear the hijab do wear clothes which others may consider not to be comfortably modest for themselves. The way I see it, this is an innovative way for muslim women to enjoy the beach, and perhaps learn to swim (if they dont have women only facilities near them). THe suit isnt like a body suit really. The top certainly isnt. And if it is tailored, then it can be made as loose as you would desire. I didnt think it was purely made of lycra.. lycra is much cheaper than the fabric used for diving suits. I had thought the fabric was like that. Id seen one in the shop window, looked thicker than lycra.

Hey it isnt for all walks of muslim women, but for those who consider it modest for them, I dont see the harm in it.

Would you girls really say that to the face of the girls who wore these suits? Youre immodest? These girls have the option of taking their hijab off altogether, and yet they dont. I think the attempt to have some level of modesty should be applauded. Esp when it is linked with exercise and mental/physical health.

For those who think its ugly or immodest, im sure for those of you who have some aptitude in sewing and design it wouldnt be hard for you to improve on the present model.

Edited by Cary Grant
  • Veteran Member

(salam) I have worn something like this and played in the ocean and had a lot of fun and felt modest. A couple of people thought it was funny - but were thinking I would drown an watched me. But it was fun. The only thing that is funny for me is being around nearly naked men on the beach and not looking. It was hard because it is haram and I was curious. :Hijabi:

• Advanced Member
I think what you guys are missing is that many girls who wear the hijab do wear clothes which others may consider not to be comfortably modest for themselves. The way I see it, this is an innovative way for muslim women to enjoy the beach, and perhaps learn to swim (if they dont have women only facilities near them). THe suit isnt like a body suit really. The top certainly isnt. And if it is tailored, then it can be made as loose as you would desire. I didnt think it was purely made of lycra.. lycra is much cheaper than the fabric used for diving suits. I had thought the fabric was like that. Id seen one in the shop window, looked thicker than lycra.

Hey it isnt for all walks of muslim women, but for those who consider it modest for them, I dont see the harm in it.

Would you girls really say that to the face of the girls who wore these suits? Youre immodest? These girls have the option of taking their hijab off altogether, and yet they dont. I think the attempt to have some level of modesty should be applauded. Esp when it is linked with exercise and mental/physical health.

For those who think its ugly or immodest, im sure for those of you who have some aptitude in sewing and design it wouldnt be hard for you to improve on the present model.

Bro, what you are missing is that this contradicts the whole point of what hijab and covering the body stands for! I know you're not Muslim (pretty sure at least I think so?), but this is like playing a game with Allah. You can't do this. The point of hijab is to protect a woman, this is like going around the bush and teasing God.

This is hilarious to real Muslims, ask any Muslim and I guarantee you 95% will say the same. These are we like to call "hypocritical Muslims", even though they themselves don't do that INTENTIONALLY.

• Veteran Member
This is hilarious to real Muslims, ask any Muslim and I guarantee you 95% will say the same. These are we like to call "hypocritical Muslims", even though they themselves don't do that INTENTIONALLY.

(salam) I am a real Muslim and am not a "hypocritical Muslim". I don't think 95% will say the same. The suit does not cling to you; it reveals nothing; it is modest.

• Advanced Member
Im not a brother and Im not a non-muslim. You do not see into the hearts of others, so don't presume you know what is in them, and who is "playing" with God and who isnt.

Is the so called immodesty of those women worse or your arrogance and ignorance? I wonder.

I don't presume anything on anyone, I only base my answers on what Islam teaches and state my opinion, not my ruling or judging, my friend (or can I not call you that as well?). I really do not think I am arrogant, as I detest people like that. And my ignorance only goes so far as to something that I do not know about. :)

And thank you for being so kind :huh:

Edited by soldier_of_mehdi
  • Advanced Member

it is tight

first you can see her breast, and her thighs, hijab is supposd to cover your body and not reveal anything and her feet show (your supposed to cover your feet)

would a girl die if she cant go to a beach or swim, tell me this

do you think she would wear that in front of the prophet (s)?

• Advanced Member
it is tight

first you can see her breast, and her thighs, hijab is supposd to cover your body and not reveal anything and her feet show (your supposed to cover your feet)

Good answer, however covering of feet is not wajib. (Depending on marjaa ?)

• Advanced Member
(salam) I am thinking to order one of these http://www.ahiida.com/index.php?a=subcats&cat=20 and I was wondering if anyone has tried it. I have used the suit with a jacket and the top stays down in the water but this has no tie at the waist and maybe it floats up in the water.... I like this style better and there is lots of room for tied hair in the hood.

I personally wouldn't wear it, but it has become very popular among a lot of Muslim women in Australia (where the Burqini was first introduced). Some have even taken up a 10 week course, I think it's a government initiative, to become lifesavers at some of Sydney's most popular beaches. So I'm assuming it's safe and works, but I was reading an article that mentioned it may slow you down in the water a little, but it's definitely much lighter than wearing normal clothing.

it is tight. first you can see her breast, and her thighs, hijab is supposd to cover your body and not reveal anything and her feet show (your supposed to cover your feet). would a girl die if she cant go to a beach or swim, tell me this

I don't think the Burkini would ever be worn infront of the Prophet (pbuhim), and as Allah (swt) is omnipresent, your point is well-taken. :)

Guest Jannah*

(salam)

My personal opinion its not modest cause it reveals the shape of your body veeeery clearly!

second, uhm why should one be in a beach full of ppl halfnaked or ALL naked! Isnt that putting yourself in a haram situation.

I love to swim myself and i even wanted to learn it in a proffesional way. BUT what is more important my hijab or swimming?

and second of all if muslims really thought about it, they could have organised an inside swimming place for just women.

And if you really really really wanna swim in a beach, go to places like UAE where they have private beaches for the ladies.

Instead of putting yourself in a haram situation, that may cause more harm to you than enjoy swimming.

(salam)

• Advanced Member
it is tight

Tell me something, you think that the prophet would be proud of you pointing out the awraat of a muslim woman to all here? What exactly do you think that you are achieving by saying how pathetic those who wear the burqini are?

Many women practise hijab of all sorts. It is not your place to point out who is more modest than whom.

What sort of Dr are you? You don't have to be a doctor to know the health benefits of going to the beach and swimming anyway.

I am certain of this, that if you believe that you are practising the perfect hijab or islam, there will always be someone who thinks they know better. I am certain that in someone elses book you are also considered to be immodest and unislamic in your dress and behaviour. And I could produce reported hadith in that favour too. Think how productive it would be if they were to shout and tell all that you are immodest and how the outline of your breast or bum can be seen.

If you are trying to do amr bil ma3roof here, then I ask you to look at your delivery. If i could be bothered, id dig up the right manner to do amr bil ma3roof and nahi anel monkar, and the times in which it is valid. I am however more inclined to think that people like yourself always think they know better even when faced with the very words of the prophet which you speak of.

It is no surprise that -zeinab- lauds your stance, she did afterall back up the notion that women are seductresses, and lead men who would otherwise be good people to rape them.

• Advanced Member

^ ROFL so now the time has come that muslims should pay heed to the advices of Reformist Muslims like yourself :lol:

I bet Irshad Manji will be happy! LOL

If you wish to disuss the concept of enjoining good and forbidding evil which happens to be a wajib part of Islam incase you have no knowledge of that, I suggest you open up a new thread and lets discuss it! Or maybe a review from al-islam.org is needed in your case!

Maybe for you, basing a judgement from your previous posts its evident that you this stance that 'I do what I wish to and only God can judge me' well sorry to say that is wrong. Islam has taught us to point out evil and condemn it and not just evil even immodest and unislamic acts.

More to that attacking and picking on a member who agrees that this clothing is unislamic shows your insecurity. There are many more who on this thread said this piece of clothing is unislamic yet you only pointed out one sister. Is equality avaliable in less amounts or did you forget to count?

Edited by Karbala110
  • Advanced Member
Irshad manji huh? Funny you should say that. -zeinab- called me a feminist or something of that flavour too. Seems to me, that when people of your ilk are challenged about the way you think/behave you immediately label that person has a lesbian. Lets face it, in ur vocab feminist = reformist = lesbian.

yeah equality is available in less amounts. to anyone who disagrees with you.

what boggles the mind is why 17 yo boys and boys like yourself have such an interest in what women should be wearing to the beach. no wait, doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. :)

I am not 17 nor am single so try again! :)

No equality is in less amounts when people disagree with you. I have seen that in the Chatroom on occasions too more to that I have seen it on the forums too. Cutting and running and labelling people 'arrogant' and 'ignorant' is the famous excuse to show insecurity and running away from the issue at hand!

More to that did I label you lesbian? I do not recall doing so I called you a reformist. I suggest you buy yourself an Oxford dictionary and look up the meaning of 'reformist' I can assure you it is no where near Lesbian :) I was under the impression a 30 yr old doing a Phd would know the meaning of 'reformist' but I guess I am mistaken!

And Laslty also book an appointment with the nearest eye clinic because I have not even commented or given my interest as to what women should be wearing at the beach. Your assumptions are dubious and totally made up I suggest you get a pair of glasses and read again what I had written if that doesnt work then enlarge your screen resolution maybe that would help your weak eyesight.

Edited by Karbala110
  • Advanced Member
uhm, ok im not sure why youre telling me youre not single... but thats ok.

should i be worried that you have memorised personal details about me? or is it that i have in the past insulted your newly acquired wife? if so, seems like the two of you have a lot in common.

Well you called me single and 17 so I replied saying I am not! I am not telling you I was making a general point to your statement but feel free to read since I guess this is the only time you get attention!

Btw if you wanna cut and run from the discussion then do so please stop wasting time and unnecessary reformist energy. I am sure you can use that in a better way maybe writing a letter of appreciation to the maker of this 'Burqini'

I have not memorised your personal details I have better things to do then know your details, however if they are displayed all over this forum it can hardly go unnoticed. Think outside the boundaries. And you tell people you study PhD :lol:

Again see assumptions without even knowing tell me how many fairytales have you written? It would be good if you write some maybe that way you can find some comfort in retirement! :)

Btw you do not know my wife nor you have ever spoke to her since she is never on SC but I guess one day I can ask her to come on and give you a lesson about 'Promoting Good and Forbidding Evil' maybe you can learn something in your old age!

Edited by Karbala110