Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Lsd, The Road To The Truth

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Hello all, i am about to describe an experience so beautiful and wonderous that cannot be matchable when in the ordinary state of consciousness. On sunday, new years's eve, me and m8s went out like every one else, and i thought it would be a good time to try LSD, the most powerful potent drug known to man. I took the drug and it took about an hour for it to kick in, i had prepared myself mentally for the coming "trip", and therefore it was a pleasant one.

What i experienced can be called "enlightenment", i had no interest in smoking or drinking that night, which was a very big suprise for me as i am usually a maniac when it comes to drinking. All i fed on that night was emotions, other peoples emotions, everytime people passed by me in the club i sensed, recognised, and felt their emotions and thoughts as if they were my own. There was even times that i could feel up to 5 people's feelings simultaneosly, and thus knew how to approach each one in the most perfect manner. Girls were, suprisingly, not an interest to me that night, i saw myself above all of the people, as a spectator, a ghost, viewing what was happening around me, like watching a film but at the same time being all of the actors!

Another fascinating thing was the environment, everything seemed to breath, independently of me and of each other, this includes walls, doors, clothes, the floor and ceiling etc.. i had come to the conclusion that everything is alive, nothing anyone tells me will change my mind.

I became a different man that night, i could sense my personality was more relaxed, loosened up and a real "man" instead of a 19 year old trouble maker. i saw all, and i became all, it was fantastic. Another interesting aspect of the experience was as follows: at times when i was speaking to friends or strangers, when they lied their facial skin would sink in to their face, and when they were interested or excited i could actually see their neck and facial arteries leading to their skull dilating followed by a contraction which lead it back to the normal state, Newtonian science cannot explain such matters, i have come to the conclusion that western science is a false perception of reality, they should respect and take on Eastern philosophy if they are to achieve enlightenment and ultimately get closer to the truth, or they can carry on with their current perception of life and advance in "technology" at a price of being blinded forever.

The experience gave me personal conclusions about life as we know it.During the experience i could think in different dimensions, by this i mean i could bring my state of mind to think and feel individual people, or move up ato groups of people, or move even further up and perceive the meaning of life. I believe every one who is mentally ready for such an experience should try, for LSD is one of the safest drugs known to man on the basis of its direct damage that it does to an individual, but i do warn, it can indirectly kill people through their weak state of mind.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

LSD is a drug that is prohibited in Islam, because of its effects on human capacity and the nervous perception. The effects of LSD and similar Psychedelic drugs is very interesting because they carry great power in confusing your nervous system to the point of complete disorder. Drugs that introduce cognitive shift should never be used unless it is absolutely necessary for treating a disease to use them. This is because they are radically varied appropriated to different factors.

It is very dangerous to mess up nervous capability, and why anesthesiology is such a precarious science.

And just a side-note, I don't think LSD is the most powerful potent drug known to man if it took an hour to effect.

(salam)

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

LSD is a drug that is prohibited in Islam, because of its effects on human capacity and the nervous perception. The effects of LSD and similar Psychedelic drugs is very interesting because they carry great power in confusing your nervous system to the point of complete disorder. Drugs that introduce cognitive shift should never be used unless it is absolutely necessary for treating a disease to use them. This is because they are radically varied appropriated to different factors.

You have to have an open mind at all times, how do u know that what we percieve in the normal state of mind is reality? why cant it be that reality can only be accessed through the unconciousness, catalysed by taking LSD, meditation, controled breathing etc.., nd that what we percieve in everyday life as normality is an optical illusion. Why cant Allah have set us up the ultimate task, the task of breaking through the barrier of ones conciousness into enlightenment?

(bismillah)

And just a side-note, I don't think LSD is the most powerful potent drug known to man if it took an hour to effect.

You have limited ur thinking again, for you have not asked how much is in every "tab". for your information we are talking in the category of micro grams, whils most other drugs are takin in scales of mili grams, 1000 X more concentrated!

salam

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

You have to have an open mind at all times, how do u know that what we percieve in the normal state of mind is reality? why cant it be that reality can only be accessed through the unconciousness, catalysed by taking LSD, meditation, controled breathing etc.., nd that what we percieve in everyday life as normality is an optical illusion. Why cant Allah have set us up the ultimate task, the task of breaking through the barrier of ones conciousness into enlightenment?
An open mind is equal to naiivity, susceptible. If you mean a closed mind, then I assure you, my mind isn't closed. :)

I know that what we perceive in the normal state of mind is reality because reality is defined that way, and indicated by the representations of the Qur'an and authentic hadith. I also know that the effect of LSD is well-catelogued as an obfuscation of the nervous system, in which sights, smells, and all perception is mixed up. What is important is that nothing new is introduced by LSD; the effect is a result of the drugging of sensory objects into confusing what already existed.

It cannot be that reality can only be accessed through unconsciousness because that is not indicated in neither Qur'an, nor hadith, nor any respectable Islamic scholar. If this is the only way; the ultimate task, then wouldn't Allah have at least indicated it in his "Final Guidance for Mankind", the Qur'an?

You have limited ur thinking again, for you have not asked how much is in every "tab". for your information we are talking in the category of micro grams, whils most other drugs are takin in scales of mili grams, 1000 X more concentrated!

Yes, I didn't consider the scale; I thought their scale was all by milligrams. My mistake.

(salam)

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

An open mind is equal to naiivity, susceptible. If you mean a closed mind, then I assure you, my mind isn't closed. :)

NO, naiivity applies to people who have the truth right before their eyes and yet are reluctant to believe it so. You are brought into this world knowing nothing, completely naked and useless. As an adult, your state of mind consists of what you have been taught as the foundations of your belief and perception, and the additions (experiences) that you add on top of these foundations. Sometimes you have to break through all of these foundations, what you have been taught and what you have learnt yourself, to see the truth. If you have a narrow mind, you can only walk one path, not ever really knowing if it is the true path, but if you have an "open mind" which questions what people believe in and what you have been taught to be reality/the truth, ultimately searching for the truth "for yourself", then you are more likely to achieve spiritual greatness, and even self-enlightenment.

You will be susceptible if you believe in only one thing all your life, and later realize that this thing has all of the time been false, this is susceptibility.

(bismillah)

I know that what we perceive in the normal state of mind is reality because reality is defined that way, and indicated by the representations of the Qur'an and authentic hadith. It cannot be that reality can only be accessed through unconsciousness because that is not indicated in neither Qur'an, nor hadith, nor any respectable Islamic scholar. If this is the only way; the ultimate task, then wouldn't Allah have at least indicated it in his "Final Guidance for Mankind", the Qur'an?

Lets talk about this issue critically. Allah, or the one god, is everything and anything, he is not an isolated entity, he is all, and we are part of him. In other words, the sum of everything existent and non-existent is called Allah. This is my view only, and it may be shared by you or others. Lets move on.

The Quran, the ultimate guidance , and the last guidance to man in its most "pure" form, lets talk about the Quran. Allah, in the Islamic view, is the god of "all", including all the different kind of races and religions. If this is so, then why where the Arabs the only people to receive such a unique holly book? and even so, why did the Muslims fail to achieve in converting all humanity to such a pure and only true religion? why is it that even with such teachings, respect, loyalty, and guidance the Muslim world is in chaos, one of the poorest, and has so much corruption in it's veins?

No my friend, maybe this religion was pure once, but at this present time it has failed to bring to the people what its creator wished so. It is time to move on, just as time itself moves on. A new set of rules, teachings, and guidance is required for such a day and age, for such different ways of thinking compared to the past.

Lets go back to Allah, the sum of all and nothing. I do not believe in praying to Allah, the thought of it is quiet disturbing actually. For if Allah wishes us to pray to him in return of guidance/help/ and ultimately rewards, then there is hardly any distinction between Allah and a self-conscious Lord. If Allah is so powerful and mighty, as he is described by the Islamic texts, then he does not require us to pray to him, for he already knows of his greatness and doesn't need any reminding, specially by us!!

This lead s me to my next thought. Heaven and Hell. i disbelief in these two ideas, heaven and hell are no more than metaphors for the good times and bad times, respectively, that you experience or want to experience during your life. For example, heaven for a rapist might be the opportunity to have many ideal woman at his possession and forcedly act sexual intercourse upon them, whilst heaven for a homeless begger might be a warm home with a roof, with water and food at hand (such things that we take for granted). The idea of "be good to go to heaven" and "avoid being bad or you will go to hell" is clearly BLACKMAIL, would Allah really want to seperate the pure/good hearted from the bad by blackmail? See, such questions stare you in your eyes at all times and yet people are reluctant/naiive no to look at them.

I have far more respect for someone who carries out good/fair deeds who is an atheist, than a Muslim who carries out the same deed thinking he will go to heaven and not hell. I am sure if Allah, exists the same way as the Muslim people insist he does so, then he would gladly share my opinion.

My conclusion: Search for the light in your own way, do not take upon other peoples ideas, thoughts and beliefs as your own (do not be a puppet/ stand out from the world of sheeps!), for you live YOUR life and not theirs. All of the answers that you seek are already within you, inside the deepest, darkest corners of your subconscious mind, you ultimate test is upon you, you have to battle yourself to retrieve the answers you seek.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

It is called metabolism. This is an artifact of any oral medication.

But the potency of LSD is beyond doubt. A 100 microgram dose (0.000001 g), which is the mass of a thin film that fits on the surface of two small pieces of cardboard the size of your pinkie fingernail can take you on a whirlwind journey for up to 12 hours, during which time you do more thnking than you usually do in 6 months. It is a profound chemical. Not to be taken lightly by any stretch of the imagination and not for everybody. And I do think you can reach the same heights of enlightenment through non-pharmaceutical means using prayer and fasting.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Listen, "Odin", I wrote a very lengthy post covering all of your points and arguments. I would post it here, if I felt you have not already closed your mind to any other opinion. You have already made your decision; your life path; and nothing I say can even affect you. You clearly don't take stock in the Qur'an, and don't wish to discuss LSD or its documentation. I can post that lengthy post, but just as I would not waste my time posting to a dead tree, I will not waste my time posting to a closed mind. Unless you declare your mind not closed.

(salam)

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

Listen, "Odin", I wrote a very lengthy post covering all of your points and arguments. I would post it here, if I felt you have not already closed your mind to any other opinion. You have already made your decision; your life path; and nothing I say can even affect you. You clearly don't take stock in the Qur'an, and don't wish to discuss LSD or its documentation. I can post that lengthy post, but just as I would not waste my time posting to a dead tree, I will not waste my time posting to a closed mind. Unless you declare your mind not closed.

(salam)

Brother, while I would agree with you that LSD is a drug that has its dangers and should not be abused recreationally, it is not all negative. There has been some fascinating research into therapeutic use of the drug under controlled circumstances. One of the most powerful effects of the substance is that it has an amazing effect on your ability to introspect and understand yourself. Some medical practitioners have used LSD as a therapy to help with psychotherapy or to assist terminally ill patients with dealing with their impending mortality. This is legitimate published peer-reviewed research done through universities.

• Advanced Member

You talk as if you are the first person to have ever abused LSD. So how about you are checking with the others who have abused it and see the end result in their lives. LSD has been with us since the 1960 and I don't think its impact has been all that positive.

Note: Some people who have gone on these trips have reoccurring trips. One was a sailor guiding aircraft onto an aircraft carrier during night operations. Suddenly this guy thought he was coming in for a landing and wigged out. For all the lives he put at risk I think he should have been thrown over the side.

Don’t be an idiot and abuse yourself with drugs, idiot.

• Advanced Member
It is called metabolism. This is an artifact of any oral medication.

But the potency of LSD is beyond doubt. A 100 microgram dose (0.000001 g), which is the mass of a thin film that fits on the surface of two small pieces of cardboard the size of your pinkie fingernail can take you on a whirlwind journey for up to 12 hours, during which time you do more thnking than you usually do in 6 months. It is a profound chemical. Not to be taken lightly by any stretch of the imagination and not for everybody. And I do think you can reach the same heights of enlightenment through non-pharmaceutical means using prayer and fasting.

An excellent statement, true in every perspective. You have an open mind and will get far in life, spiritually. The sentence highlighted in bold is a very special one that you pointed out. Enlightenment through non-pharmaceutical means is by far much more common than by using drugs such as Ketamin, Ecstasy, Cannabis, and most efficiently, LSD.

Eastern philosophy is the father of such non-pharmaceutical paths to enlightenment, and it consists of many different ways/paths/activities that ultimately lead to the same result. These consists of Shamanism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Persian philosophy.

However, i believe that there is no restrict activities/teachings that will lead you to enlightenment, for i believe the meaning of enlightenment is unwinding the mysteries of your mind; tapping into your unconscious realm, exploring and understanding it, ultimately bringing out the other side of you that has been in darkness most of the time. It is possible to achieve such a goal through many different paths (such as fasting and praying), or even by accident. Depending on your will and the state of your mind, some people can become enlightened quicker than others. At the end of the day it all depends on if you are prepared to see the truth and then more importantly, accept the truth. Some people see the truth but do not want to accept it because it has been against all hey have lived for, and thus return back to their "normal" lives.

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

I am very interested to know what you have to say, so please post. And for your interest, i am one of the most open minded people that i know of. I was once a Muslim, then i became an atheist, and now after my LSD trip i am all, and nothing, i am nameless. So do not think that i do no understand your point of perspective and your teachings, for i was a very strict Iranian Muslim once, but it is ok because you had no idea.

• Advanced Member
You talk as if you are the first person to have ever abused LSD. So how about you are checking with the others who have abused it and see the end result in their lives. LSD has been with us since the 1960 and I don't think its impact has been all that positive.

Note: Some people who have gone on these trips have reoccurring trips. One was a sailor guiding aircraft onto an aircraft carrier during night operations. Suddenly this guy thought he was coming in for a landing and wigged out. For all the lives he put at risk I think he should have been thrown over the side.

Don’t be an idiot and abuse yourself with drugs, idiot.

Sorry but i do not socialize with people of your state of mind who are on the offencive for no particular reason and lack the will to do appropriate research and thinking before sharing their thoughts.

• Advanced Member

Here you go acid head:

There is a reported possibility of "flashbacks", a psychological phenomenon in which an individual experiences an episode of some of the subjective effects of LSD (this may be a positive or negative experience) long after the drug has been consumed and worn off — sometimes weeks, months, or even years afterward.

Colloquial usage of the term "flashbacks" refers to any experience reminiscent of LSD effects; these are commonly occasional brief experiences. However, psychiatry recognizes a disorder in which LSD-like effects are persistent and cause clinically-significant impairment or distress. This chronic flashback syndrome is called Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD), a DSM-IV diagnosis. Several scientific journal articles have described the disorder.

Wikipedia

PS: I hope you are not a woman and pregnant. The possible effects on your unborn child are scary.

Edited by Spriglief
  • Advanced Member

thank you for sharing that with me, but honestly, theses days people try to always portray the bad things about drugs and not see or "accept" the good things. In the case of LSD, the advantages far outweighs the disadvantages.You are also forgetting that the disadvantage f LSD is mostly influcned by the state of mind of an individual, which varies greatly from one individual to another, and thus generalization would be a foolish thing to do.

• Advanced Member

LSD is a drug, like any other drug. It belongs to a class of drugs that has certain properties that might be useful in medically controlled circumstances. However, no drug should be taken unless under the direction of a doctor. Recreational used drugs destroy lives and kill not only the people that abuse them, but innocents.

What you have proposed on this thread is nothing short of lunacy. That people should experiment on themselves with LSD. This is patently false and dangerous, which even a superficial look at the facts that are readily available here on the internet can show anyone with the curiosity to look. LSD is a particularly dangerous drug for more then the reason I have pointed out. However in your case I could never trust you to do a job in which the lives of others might depend on rational thought because days, months even years later, you might lose control of your senses. To be a pilot, to join the military, to be a doctor you would have to lie to be considered for employment. Odin I would not get in a cab with you if you were the operator.

Your stupidity has earned my contempt acid head.

• Advanced Member

lol, still on the offensive but you have made some good points which are credit worthy, i am a fair person. However, i still believe that LSD is one of the easiest ways in achieving spiritual greatness and i still encourage people who are fit for the purpose of taking the drug to use it, in a safe environment surrounded by friends.

• Advanced Member
Don't do LSD, do something natural like peyote or psychedelic mushrooms. I would say its much better.

And "cocaine is a hell of a drug too" - Rick James.

Friend, it seems to me that you do not know much information about drugs, or more specifically about LSD. LSD (lysergenic Acid) is a product of a fungus which grows in nature; it is a product of nature and thus natural. For your other remarks, i have tried ketamin, ecstasy, cannabis, alcohol, cocaine and LSD. From my personal experience all these drugs are un-useful, in the sense that you are not made a better person for taking them, however, LSD is the exception in that it shows you and makes you feel things that allows you to view life from a completely new angle, which ultimately is very helpful. Mushrooms is similar to LSD however many folds weaker.

Edited by "Odin"
  • Advanced Member

Dear Odin,

for knowing the relation between enteogen substances and spirituality quite well I would like to tell you that bringing this experience up on this forum. Why?

a. there is a huge confusion made between enteogen and other dangerous consumer drugs.

b. this could mislead others to think drugs are cool

c. your experience may give the impression of ultimate knowledge to yourself and others. Without dismissing the value of your experience I have to add that it still remains a very horizontal and immanentist experience. Many who have been through this quite normal experience think they don't need religion anymore because they think "they know". They completely forget the vertical aspect of things and there is a much more beautiful spiritual world which is only accessible through a clean heart (that's why you have shari'a), constant dhikr and mediation (which is the tariqa) and only then will you acces real knowledge (ma'rifa) which can only be granted thought the grace of the eternal Imam.

It's good you had this experience but there is a beyond which is even more beautiful. Keep this in mind.

• Advanced Member

Let me share with you a few ideas I have about LSD and similar psychedelics, looking back at my own experiences many, many years ago.

These drugs seem to have different effects on different people, and for a significant minority they seem to induce a mystical or semi-mystical states or mindsets. Others find the drug more emotive or aesthetic, and still others just get lost in the "pretty colors" or the strangeness of it all. Finally, at the least sensitive level, there are those who just take it as a "party drug" to get "buzzed" as if they were drinking alcohol, without any sense of higher meaning. This is a tragic waste, but quite common.

For those who discover the higher states, however, LSD presents a certain danger, and it can be a deadly trap. First, these people usually feel like the original poster of this thread: completely transformed and permeated by a higher awareness, feel like they have found a new way of seeing that has changed them forever. They want to shout at all the zombie people drifting through life without seeing to wake up and look at all the beauty around us, etc. etc. But this stage doesn't last long. If they repeat taking LSD again and again, soon their experience also becomes coarser, shallower, less meaningful. They keep trying to get back to something beautiful and dimly remembered from their first few experiences, but it never really comes with the same power. Finally, if they keep taking it enough, they may experience depression, "burnout," or a truly bad trip. Or they may just become coarser, less sensitive people, descending to a low level where the drug is just another "buzz" and all the mystical meaning has been drained away. to be replaced by a kind of hip cynicism. This pattern is very common.

If you truly have a meaningful experience that seems to opens new doors with LSD, you should ponder the message you receive very carefully. I think that if the experience was truly profound and you are sensitive to the core depths of its meaning, you will see that LSD at its best is teaching you a little about how to live daily life in a healthy and compassionate way, with discipline and focus and patience and wisdom and insight. The "intense" or "freaky" or "hallucinogenic" aspects of LSD are trivial sideshows, not really important at all. The real message should be learning how to love, to take care of your body and mind, to be healthy, calm, and centered, to understand others and yourself, and to get a sense of how much "more" there is to the human soul. And it seems a bit of a paradox, but this core lesson first delivered by LSD actually then leads away from LSD itself, and back to the simple boring old "real world" with an attitude of calm helpfulness to others. Taking LSD again and again trying to capture or posses the feeling and make it yours shows a lack of understanding, because the truth cannot be possessed: it can only be performed. Ultimately, LSD is something you TAKE. Real mysticism is something you MAKE.

In this sense, a deep LSD trip is a menu at a gourmet restaurant. You look at the menu, get a sense of what is available...and then you put down the menu and go on to the real meal. People who repeatedly seek mystical experience in LSD are a bit like people who go into a restaurant, read the menu, get really excited at how delicious it all is -- and then they eat the paper menu instead of ordering real food. The true meaning of LSD is beyond LSD, in living a simple, spiritual daily life without making too much of a fuss about it, and being ready to lend a helping hand to your suffering brothers and sisters, whoever they may be.

Alan Watts, a thinker from the mid-20th century who wrote about Zen Buddhism and Taoism, used LSD a few times and found it valuable, but he thought more than a few experiences would be destructive, and didn't pursue it beyond the first few trips. His quote on LSD: "My understanding is that once you've received the message, you hang up the phone." Wise advice indeed.

• Advanced Member

Quite an interesting thread, might I say.

Brother Odin, despite your positive experience, I don't think you should be encouraging others to take a potentially hazardous drug. I was just reading the LSD page on WikiPedia, it mentions that it is illegal in America, Australia and Europe – Even more the reason not to speak of your experience with LSD and encourage others.

It's definitely not as safe as you describe in your post, even though your 'trip' has been positive for you so far, because you can experience 'flashbacks' even after the drug has worn off. Also, the experience varies from person to person, If you are one of those who has a bad trip, it can have a lot of negative affects on you mentally. It can also be dangerous to you physically once you have taken it because it clouds your judgement. Hence, your really in no position to distinguish between myth and reality. And as Spriglief mentioned, it can affect your foetus, if you are pregnant.

I also followed a link from WikiPedia to Albert Hoffmann's book called "LSD: My problem child", I skimmed through it, and would encourage others to do so too. This drug should not be taken on your own or with a group of friends, and I'd suggest people seek medical advise to avoid making any uninformed decisions.