In the Name of God بسم الله

Saddam Was A Brave Man

Rate this topic

Abshir

• Advanced Member

I watched the cell phone "hanging". And honestly,...Saddam was a terrible human being,..but the man was brave. He never cowered, he never begged and he died with his head up. Although I don't respect the man at all,...I must admit I had a sense of respect for him when I watched that video. The guards were yelling "Muqtada, Muqtada, Muqtada",..and he scornfully smirked and didn't lose his composure, and he honestly had more dignity than they did it seemed. The man didn't flinch. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld all would have wet their pants.

I also read an article on the BBC today about the Marine who took care of him in his cell. The marine said he never complained, and he coped very well with being incarcerated. Most people who live in opulence would crumble after 3 years of solitary imprisonment. But Saddam apparently was never "broken" by his experience.

Evil dictator? Yes. Coward? Absolutely not.

Edited by Abshir

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Advanced Member
Watching death day in and out makes your heart strong.

Well maybe. But he was a brave person,..this can't be denied. I looked up his life,..and his whole life he was taking risks and coming close to death. I think this is why he was able to control such a volatile country like Iraq. Ofcourse though,..bravery is only good when it is used for good. His bravery was augmented not by good,..it was augmented by sadistic brutality. But still I must admit,...the courage he showed deserves respect.

• Advanced Member
no lets just say he was a loser

lol

Say what you want. But I think everyone,..even his enemies know the truth which is that Saddam had courage. I wonder how Muqtada would act when faced with the hang man's noose?

• Advanced Member

:bismillah:

Courage is the specific quality of mind that allows one to face danger without fear, but let's be keen; courage is only a quality of mind characteristic of a person stable (regular, normal, firm), emotionally and physically. The matter is dependent on standard of perspective.

A person of mental retardation is not, therefore, brave to face a daunting task because the concept of fear is not understood. Fear physically is similar, as a person paralyzed cannot physically express fear, understood or not, because to us it is unclear. Bravery only exists when something comparable is there to challenge it. Without an understanding of fear, or the ability to actualize it, there is no bravado.

I do therefore contend that Saddam al-Tikriti was not brave, nor courageous in any way, for he, like any other person devoid of stable morality with regards to murder, had no opposing force to compare with to end up with "bravery". To a person whose standard is such as twisted as to not be able to distinguish murder from justice, paying to "enemies" with your life is the easiest thing. Only by our standards would it take bravery, but by Saddam's, it was only the next natural, Righteous and Good step to take.

:salam:

Edited by teenager

• Advanced Member
Saddam was a terrible human being,..but the man was brave. He never cowered, he never begged and he died with his head up.

Exactly, Death is one thing and mostly the only thing that he saw throughout 35 yrs of his reign, he was obsessed with murder, something he never stopped committing. No doubt, his heart would have become stone and accustomed to death and most probably visiting gallows to watch a scene this day or other.

If you can mistake that for bravery then hey, Hitler was the bravest man seen on the face of Earth, he was so brave that he even took his own life, now his twisted lovers would probaby also call that dignity too.

Hitler, the brave and dignified. :)

"Muqtada, Muqtada, Muqtada",..and he scornfully smirked and didn't lose his composure

^He must be thinking: 'damn! I did away with most of his family, ....ptsh! should have settled him and the other kids too!'

• Advanced Member
Well maybe. But he was a brave person,..this can't be denied. I looked up his life,..and his whole life he was taking risks and coming close to death. I think this is why he was able to control such a volatile country like Iraq. Ofcourse though,..bravery is only good when it is used for good. His bravery was augmented not by good,..it was augmented by sadistic brutality. But still I must admit,...the courage he showed deserves respect.

I read up on his life too and he was nothing but a pill popping, women raping SOB

No respect to be found on a Shia board

• Advanced Member
I watched the cell phone "hanging". And honestly,...Saddam was a terrible human being,..but the man was brave. He never cowered, he never begged and he died with his head up. Although I don't respect the man at all,...I must admit I had a sense of respect for him when I watched that video. The guards were yelling "Muqtada, Muqtada, Muqtada",..and he scornfully smirked and didn't lose his composure, and he honestly had more dignity than they did it seemed. The man didn't flinch. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld all would have wet their pants.

I also read an article on the BBC today about the Marine who took care of him in his cell. The marine said he never complained, and he coped very well with being incarcerated. Most people who live in opulence would crumble after 3 years of solitary imprisonment. But Saddam apparently was never "broken" by his experience.

Evil dictator? Yes. Coward? Absolutely not.

He was doped up, simpleton.

• Advanced Member

You non-Iranian "shia" should know your place and keep the hell quiet. if you had family, family or relatives losing arms or with skin peeling off because of this man's "bravery" - then you would be praying for him to be given a torture which is even beyond the imagination.

EDITED - Warned for violation of Rule 2© and 3

DO YOU ACCUSE US OF HELPING THE INFIDEL??? WHEN EVERY SUNNI AND WAHABI COUNTRY IS MILITARY CONTROLLED BY THE US MILITARY AND EVERY INCH OF YOUR LAND HAS US MILITARY BASES.AND YOU COME TO ME AND TELL ME THIS MAN IS THE LEADER OF THE MUJAHIDEEN??? WHEN IT WAS HIM WHO BROUGHT THE WEST INTO OUR LANDS BY STARTING A WAR WITH THE TRUE MUJAHDIN OF IRAN AND OCCUPYING KUWAIT.

Allah IS THE ALMIGHTY , THE JUST AND SOON ,I PROMISE EDITED

may Allah swt hasten his return and create us soldiers under his banners of justice,amen

Edited by The Patri0t

• Advanced Member

:salam:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29260

(Abdul Hussain @ Apr 9 2004, 07:51 AM)

(bismillah)

This is a translation from the account of one of the security officers present on the day the 2 martyrs were killed:

"They brought Sayyid Al-Sadr to the office of National Security in Baghdad and they bound him in chains, then Saddam arrived and said in Iraqi slang 'Muhammad Baqir, are you trying to make a government?' and then he started hitting his face and head with a strong rod. So the Sayyid said to him 'I have left the government to you' and then an argument broke out between them about this and about the Islamic revolution in Iran, which led Saddam into a fit of rage, so he ordered his henchmen to torture Sayyid Al-Sadr severely. Then he ordered the lashing of martyr Bint Al-Huda - after she had been tortured in another room - they brought here in unconscious and they were dragging her, so when the Sayyid saw her, he became upset and angry at her plight. He said to Saddam 'If you are a man, then undo my restraints'. But Saddam took a rod and began hitting the marytred Sayyida and she was senseless, then Saddam ordered for her breasts to be cut, which caused the Sayyid anger and he said to Saddam 'If you were a man, you would have faced me face-to-face and let my sister go, but you are a coward, between your bodyguards'. Saddam flew into rage and took out his gun and fired on the Sayyid and then his sister and then left like an insane man cursing and swearing"

• Advanced Member
He was doped up, simpleton.

You can come up with any conspiracy you want,..but the FACT is that Saddam faced death bravely. If you look at the video he's quite coherent, clearly not drugged. He responded to the taunts immediately, which means his comprehension wasn't disturbed, he asked questions to the hangmen, his movement was inhibited only by the leg chains. Clearly he was not drugged. I'm not saying he was good, I'm not saying he was honorable,...I'm saying he was brave. Which he was.

• Advanced Member
accually your post is nothing but idioticy the man was given shots and it was the american general who said that the military had to administer him the shots because he was going wild.so much for your brave tyrant. to the fires of hell inshallah

Can you give me a source for this American "general" saying shots were administered? So far the only information i have is Americans saying they didn't give him anything.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

TSK TSK. Right. He was "VERY" brave. He did not fire a single shot at the Americans who discovered him. A coward he was, plus an oppressor like him loses such feelings. HaHa. Let me see him in his grave, answering to the angels...

Wa'Salam.

• Advanced Member

dont think he belived that he ll die after hanging him remember he chalnged Allah by getting him self a 99 name.. also a sicko guy with shizofrinia and blood sucker wouldnt care about his life .. same as in some horor films lol

Edited by Karbla2eeAlhwa

• Advanced Member

Assalam

I do agree. I think he was a brave man. He took part in the attempt to assisinate Abdul Kareem Kasem at a young age, and went through many obstacles to become Iraq's president. When he died he was brave, solid as a rock, unlike as what Mowafak al Rubaie stated to "al Arabiyah News Channel" - "he was nervous, hesitant and acted like a coward"-, I guess he and his associates were the cowards. It was very shameful that the members of parilament (predominantly shia alliance) went to see his excecution, they chanted political slogans "moktada, moktada...." as if he was the one who got rid of saddam, Moreover, it honestly sounded like a Hussinyia "Alahuma salee al a muhammed..." very unpolitical, may Allah curse those who utilize Islam to legitimize their actions on the grounds of political, economical and social means and they ridiculed and satirized him, which is a very unislamic behavior, but who nowadays is "islamic" since Muhammed (S) said it is forbidden to satirize the a person by forming an act (i.e execution) even if it was a dog.

It is true that he was a tyrannt, but I have to say he did not kill as much Iraqis as we have been witnessing in the past 4 yrs, whom are being killed every day in hundreds by known and unknown militia groups and terror organization. He did not steal money as the many big names currently in power are doing, where they are laundering the money by purchasing many properties in the mid east, europe, and america. So I should say and many would agree that he was a brave man, and there were good aspects about him.

His lasts words, were "iraq is worth nothing without saddam hussein", and when you scrutinize his statement you can clearly see its truth, he, Al-Hajjaj, and Nouri Saeed were the ones who stated an analogous statement, and it always turned out to be the truth. I guess Iraq and its people should wait for another tyrannt, or I should say a "Benevolant Tyrannt" at least, because history has always proved that Iraqis prefer tyrannts, even Imam Ali (A) proved that, but he couldn't handle Iraqis since they drove him nuts.

May Allah have mercy on all, Ina lilah Wa Ina Ilahee Rahj3oon.

Wassalam

• Advanced Member

LMAO,..give me a real source if you wanna be taken seriously. AP, Reuters, BBC. Anything. Not AlAlam which,..from reading it,..seems like a purely sectarian slanted article. You can actually see the hate seeping through the article.

I know Shias would love to believe that Saddam was broken, or scared at the end,...even Moawfak al Rubaie said something similar. When the cell phone footage came out he was exposed as a liar. I've seen all I need to see,..THE ACTUAL FOOTAGE!! They did no such thing as inject him with drugs.

Admit that he was brave. Admit the truth!!

• Advanced Member
^Just wait for an excuse.

Harrraaaaam, US propaganda! Stop defaming my idol!

No he is not my idol.

I don't need to provide an excuse for an article that has no credibility. I asked him for a source thinking I would get AP OR Reuters,....give me a credible source.

• Advanced Member
Assalam

I do agree. I think he was a brave man. He took part in the attempt to assisinate Abdul Kareem Kasem at a young age, and went through many obstacles to become Iraq's president. When he died he was brave, solid as a rock, unlike as what Mowafak al Rubaie stated to "al Arabiyah News Channel" - "he was nervous, hesitant and acted like a coward"-, I guess he and his associates were the cowards. It was very shameful that the members of parilament (predominantly shia alliance) went to see his excecution, they chanted political slogans "moktada, moktada...." as if he was the one who got rid of saddam, Moreover, it honestly sounded like a Hussinyia "Alahuma salee al a muhammed..." very unpolitical, may Allah curse those who utilize Islam to legitimize their actions on the grounds of political, economical and social means and they ridiculed and satirized him, which is a very unislamic behavior, but who nowadays is "islamic" since Muhammed (S) said it is forbidden to satirize the a person by forming an act (i.e execution) even if it was a dog.

It is true that he was a tyrannt, but I have to say he did not kill as much Iraqis as we have been witnessing in the past 4 yrs, whom are being killed every day in hundreds by known and unknown militia groups and terror organization. He did not steal money as the many big names currently in power are doing, where they are laundering the money by purchasing many properties in the mid east, europe, and america. So I should say and many would agree that he was a brave man, and there were good aspects about him.

His lasts words, were "iraq is worth nothing without saddam hussein", and when you scrutinize his statement you can clearly see its truth, he, Al-Hajjaj, and Nouri Saeed were the ones who stated an analogous statement, and it always turned out to be the truth. I guess Iraq and its people should wait for another tyrannt, or I should say a "Benevolant Tyrannt" at least, because history has always proved that Iraqis prefer tyrannts, even Imam Ali (A) proved that, but he couldn't handle Iraqis since they drove him nuts.

May Allah have mercy on all, Ina lilah Wa Ina Ilahee Rahj3oon.

Wassalam

I hope the whispers of millions of Iranians, with no arms and legs or faces destroyed with chemicals, together with iraqis and kurds - will haunt the nightmares of all people who even say a single thing about Saddam other than the fact that he was the most brutal evil murderer.

Brave man? Good aspeccts?

He has nothing but hell waiting for him. Not a mite of mercy will be wasted on his evil soul.

You will all have some bad bad dreams tonight.

Edited by nimagh

• Advanced Member
Bravery and Courage are noble characteristics, two of which Saddam did not have.

Arrogance and Pride are more descriptive of Saddam's last moments.

Many arrogant and proud people would have broken down in Saddam's situation.

No sir,..Saddam showed bravery. And some glaring holes in your logic are that many despicable human beings have had the noble characteristic of courage. Anyway I think any non bias person would admit that Saddam was courageous. All one needs to do is look at his rise and demise.

• Advanced Member
Many arrogant and proud people would have broken down in Saddam's situation.

No sir,..Saddam showed bravery. And some glaring holes in your logic are that many despicable human beings have had the noble characteristic of courage. Anyway I think any non bias person would admit that Saddam was courageous. All one needs to do is look at his rise and demise.

If your darling Saddam was brave and courageous, why was he found cowering in a hole by the American Forces whilst "his" people were being slaughtered by the illegal invasion?

Yes, verry brave indeed.

• Advanced Member
If your darling Saddam was brave and courageous, why was he found cowering in a hole by the American Forces whilst "his" people were being slaughtered by the illegal invasion?

Yes, verry brave indeed.

There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity. Walking around with enemy soldiers hunting you down isn't bravery its stupidity. I seem to remember Muqtada hiding when the Americans were after him. I seem to remember Abu Deraa hiding when the Americans were after him. And coming to think of it,..Saddam didn't even break down when he was captured. And when the Americans interrogated him for the first time...,,,they said he was a smarta$$ and showed defiance.

It seems that some of you are upset because you wanted his will to be broken,..you wanted him to beg,..but he never did that. He never begged in the trial,...he never begged at his execution. I think a lot of you can't handle that. This is why Moawafaq al Rubaie lied and said "he was a broken broken man". If the cellphone footage wasn't released,..everyone would have believed that lie.

Face it,..the guy was BRAVE.

• Advanced Member
There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity. Walking around with enemy soldiers hunting you down isn't bravery its stupidity. I seem to remember Muqtada hiding when the Americans were after him. I seem to remember Abu Deraa hiding when the Americans were after him. And coming to think of it,..Saddam didn't even break down when he was captured. And when the Americans interrogated him for the first time...,,,they said he was a smarta$$ and showed defiance.

It seems that some of you are upset because you wanted his will to be broken,..you wanted him to beg,..but he never did that. He never begged in the trial,...he never begged at his execution. I think a lot of you can't handle that. This is why Moawafaq al Rubaie lied and said "he was a broken broken man". If the cellphone footage wasn't released,..everyone would have believed that lie.

Face it,..the guy was BRAVE.

The question is, why dont you go write an essay about how brave he was and present it to the limbless centre in Khorramshahr, or a raped girl in Kurdistan and her child, or people who are STILL suffering from the chemical weapons. Why dont you go to Beheshte sahra in Tehran and pronounce he was brave next to the graves of 100s of 1000s of young shaheda whose lives were taken away from them

Whilst your at it, write another essay about how brave the devil was for defying God. I guess the devil is also pretty brave, who would have the guts go against God?

And if you're so obsessed about the bravery of evil people, keep on going for Hitler, Pol Pot.

Edited by nimagh