Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali Mahdi

Jesus' Actual Birthdate

Rate this topic

(salam)

(bismillah)

According to Shi'ah ahaadith, on 25 Dhul-Qa'dah (in a few days!), Prophet Jesus was born. This would be 622 before Hijrah. I want to find out the Christian date of this date, just out of curiosity. All the date converters online don't allow before Hijri conversion. If someone can find this out for me, please post it here. :)

It is reported that Hasan ibn 'Ali al-Washsha' said, "I was with my father and I was a youth, and we spent the night with Imam Ridha (as). It was the night of the twenty-fifth of Dhul-Qa'dah and he said to my father,

"On the night of the twenty-fifth of Dhul-Qa'dah Abraham was born and on it Jesus the son of Mary was born, and on it the earth beneath the Ka'bah became broadened. Whoever fasts of that day, it is as if he were to fast for sixty months."

(Faqih, 2, 89, 1814)

http://www.al-islam.org/jesus_shiite_narrations

Merry Christmas ;)

PS: What a coincidence that he was born on the 25th, eh? :)

PS2: The year 622 BH may be slightly off, it's approximately that year.

Edited by Ali al-Mahdi

Salaam.

I have seen on many documentary channels that the true birth of Nabi Eisa (as) [Jesus] was of the last half in the month of September. So why it is celebrated in 25th December??? Like many other inventions this is just another one of those convenient ones.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Abu Ibrahim said:

“As for the mother of Mary, her name was Martha, in Arabic, Wahebah (gift). As for the day on which Mary conceived, it was Friday at noon, and that was the day that the Ruh al-Amin (the trustworthy spirit) came down, and there is no festival better than this for Muslims. Allah, the Blessed and Almighty, magnified it, and Muhammad (pbuh) magnified it and He ordered that it should be a holiday, and it was Friday. As for the day on which Mary was born, it was Tuesday, at four thirty in the afternoon. And do you know what was the river beside which Mary gave birth to Jesus (as)?” He said, “No.” He said, “It was the Euphrates, and beside it were date palms and grape vines. There is nothing like the grapes and date palms near the Euphrates…”

al-Kafi, 1, 478, 4

ñWhere did the belief that Jesus (as) was born in Bethlehem come from, if Jesus (as) (according to hadith) was born along the Euphrates?

(bismillah)

(salam)

I'm bumping this because both 25 Dhul-Qa'dah and Christmas are coming up soon. :)

Merry Christmas :P

i got your point there. and this is one of many newsflashes, well at least for me, as i was knowing about this ahlul bayt mahzab in the first place. it's one of many wonderful thoughts in this mazhab of love. we dont judge thing unless we know the history background. when i was sunii, i was told not to greet merry christmast, it's haraam...haraam...haraam.. @) LOL. but now i know how great jesus was (oh... i'm gonna marked as kaffr for saying this i guess.LOL) . how he's respected by the imams theirselves. how he is gonna be hand in hand with our imam zaman to save the mankind in the future.

i love jesus. because my imams do. accept this day (whatever the exact date is) as some sort of weeladah of jesus. so..yuh, merry christmas...

Edited by bonjer_gal

Salaam.

I have seen on many documentary channels that the true birth of Nabi Eisa (as) [Jesus] was of the last half in the month of September. So why it is celebrated in 25th December??? Like many other inventions this is just another one of those convenient ones.

Can you provide any documentary link which will prove your statement.

Salaams. I am not sure if we can use this method of conversion but maybe we can look at it this way:

Dhulhijjah 25, 1 AH was 29th June 623 - (The year before, which doesn't exist in Hijri calendar, 0 AH, will go back approx 10 days to 19th June)

+621 years:

Dhulhijjah 25, 622 AH was 27th December 1225

+622 years:

Dhulhijjah 25, 1244 AH was 27th June 1829

+622 years:

Dhulhijjah 25, 1866 AH will be 18th December 2432

+622 years:

Dhulhijjah 25, 2488 AH will be 11th June 3036

+622 years:

Dhulhijjah 25, 3110 AH will be 3rd December 3639

The pattern of every approximate 622 years from 1 AH is: June, Dec, June, Dec with a gap of 10 days preceding every 622 years.

So if we backtracked 622 years from 0 AH (again, non existant, but the moon circle is pretty much the same and I'm using '0AH' as a reference point), we would get approximately 6-7th January was the day he was born. This date, 6-7th Jan, coincides with the Eastern Orthodox Church who celebrate Christmas on the 6th of Jan!

I could stand corrected, though!

Edited by mnkhaki

if u really want to calculate it, u should use quality astronomical software that has moon phases programmed into it and backtrack to the exact date. because the gregorian calendar was a little funny back then.

Salaams. I am not sure if we can use this method of conversion but maybe we can look at it this way:

Dhulhijjah 25, 1 AH was 29th June 623 - (The year before, which doesn't exist in Hijri calendar, 0 AH, will go back approx 10 days to 19th June)

+621 years:

Dhulhijjah 25, 622 AH was 27th December 1225

+622 years:

Dhulhijjah 25, 1244 AH was 27th June 1829

+622 years:

Dhulhijjah 25, 1866 AH will be 18th December 2432

+622 years:

Dhulhijjah 25, 2488 AH will be 11th June 3036

+622 years:

Dhulhijjah 25, 3110 AH will be 3rd December 3639

The pattern of every approximate 622 years from 1 AH is: June, Dec, June, Dec with a gap of 10 days preceding every 622 years.

So if we backtracked 622 years from 0 AH (again, non existant, but the moon circle is pretty much the same and I'm using '0AH' as a reference point), we would get approximately 6-7th January was the day he was born. This date, 6-7th Jan, coincides with the Eastern Orthodox Church who celebrate Christmas on the 6th of Jan!

I could stand corrected, though!

this calculation is a bit wrong, you are adding 622 hijri years when you should be adding 622 gregorian years. 1 AH was 622CE, so 622 solar years in the Common Era (CE), right?

at any rate, you can get B.H. calculations on the online calculator by entering in gregorian dates. the 25th of Dhulhijjah 640B.H. fell on August 4, the year 1C.E.

wikipedia says Jesus (as) was born from between 7 and 2BCE. Assuming there was no year 0 and further assuming the hijri calendar is 11 days shorter than the gregorian calendar (and not allowing for leap years), then:

25th Dhulhijjah 647B.H.==20th May, 7 B.C.E.

25th Dhulhijjah 642B.H.==14th July, 2 B.C.E.

So, it looks like Nabi Isa (as) may have been a summer baby! allahu alim.

Edited by Photi

(bismillah)

(salam)

Abu Ibrahim said:

“As for the mother of Mary, her name was Martha, in Arabic, Wahebah (gift). As for the day on which Mary conceived, it was Friday at noon, and that was the day that the Ruh al-Amin (the trustworthy spirit) came down, and there is no festival better than this for Muslims. Allah, the Blessed and Almighty, magnified it, and Muhammad (pbuh) magnified it and He ordered that it should be a holiday, and it was Friday. As for the day on which Mary was born, it was Tuesday, at four thirty in the afternoon. And do you know what was the river beside which Mary gave birth to Jesus (as)?” He said, “No.” He said, “It was the Euphrates, and beside it were date palms and grape vines. There is nothing like the grapes and date palms near the Euphrates…”

al-Kafi, 1, 478, 4

ñWhere did the belief that Jesus (as) was born in Bethlehem come from, if Jesus (as) (according to hadith) was born along the Euphrates?

she went away to give birth and went back to her town and country only after the Propht Isa (as) was born.

Thanks for the info, I was looking for an Islamic perspective on Jesus. Does anyone have anymore sources?

Well it's the Eve of Dahwul Ardh here in the Caribbean, an important time to be making dua and to spend in extra ibadaat.

Greeting to all on this auspicious eve of the most blessed day of Dahwul Ardh, may Allah (swt) answer the duas of all the believers!

Assalamu aleikum

You can use this book, ensa Allah. At least for start.

fii iman Allah.

Nice to know the islamic date of birth of Jesus. May God bless you all for loving Jesus :) Thats why i love muslims.

We CAN'T be Muslims if we don't love Jesus (a.s.).

Nice to know the islamic date of birth of Jesus. May God bless you all for loving Jesus :) Thats why i love muslims.

We CAN'T be Muslims if we don't love Jesus (a.s.) more than our own selves.

Edited by ahmedjaffal

(salam)

Aww, this thread really brought a smile to my face :) Mubarak to everybody on this blessed occasion!

I really feel like watching the Lady Maryam movie now!

May Allah (swt) hasten the return of Our Imam (a.s) and Prophet Isa (a.s)'s return, May Allah (swt) give us the opportunity to be blessed with their presence.

I think December 25 was chosen by Romans because birth of

Jesus happened to come on a winter date at that time.

Lunar dates spin backwards through the solar year.

Somebody can check this with a calculator.

According to the moon's orbit, Jesus was born on the 25th of the 11th month.

It was spring then.

Our local masjid celebrated the birth of Jesus yesterday 24 November 2008.

Top Shia clerics gave sermons and narrated traditions of Imams about Jesus.

Eid Mubarak to all Believers who wait for Jesus to return.

Merry Christmas to all lovers of Jesus, son of Mary.

God Bless Holy Mary and Her Pure Son.

-

Edited by malik

(bismillah)

(salam)

As I said before, December 25 has nothing to do with Christmas. The Romans made the date of Winter Solstice and Saturnalia Christmas because pagans already observed this day as a holiday.