Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Tma Presents Anita Rai: Muhammad

• Veteran Member

(bismillah) (salam)

anita.jpg

Event Synopsis: In the present day world, the Prophet of Islam, Muhammad al-Mustafa (s) has been depicted erroneous as a messenger of hate. This false portrait is being painted today, on the one hand, by the Danish cartoons and the Pope�s remarks, and on the other, by extremists who act in the name of Islam. Sr. Anita Rai is an eloquent speaker, prolific author, and a former Hindu who later embraced Islam through her profound discovery of Prophet Muhammad (s) and his Ahl al-Bayt (as). She will present what non-Muslim and Muslim intellectuals have to say about the personality whom all objective observers have affirmed as the greatest leader in the history of humankind. Join us on December 9, 2006 to learn about the Messenger of Mercy (s) who heralded the religion of peace.

This event is brought to you by the Thaqalayn Muslim Association of the Greater Toronto Area and Masumeen Youth, in conjunction with Al Fajr Youth and Al Mahdi Youth Society.

Location: Masumeen Islamic Centre - http://www.masumeen.org/location/

I don't know much about her, apart from some book she wrote or something :unsure: What's so cool about her... :unsure: ?

Is anyone gonna' go :huh: Masumeen Centre is kinda' far :Hijabi:

Edited by Ali_Imran
  • Advanced Member

Salaams Spammer

Do a search on Anita Rai, there was a thread started by Sis Yahujja about her.

Her story about coverting to Islam is what is so special about her. Her book 'An affair of the heart' is a beautifully written book. She was inspired about Islam through dreams about the Prophet of Islam (pbuh) and Imam Ali (as).

Wsalaams

• Veteran Member

anita.jpg

Event Synopsis: In the present day world, the Prophet of Islam, Muhammad al-Mustafa (s) has been depicted erroneous as a messenger of hate. This false portrait is being painted today, on the one hand, by the Danish cartoons and the Pope�s remarks, and on the other, by extremists who act in the name of Islam. Sr. Anita Rai is an eloquent speaker, prolific author, and a former Hindu who later embraced Islam through her profound discovery of Prophet Muhammad (s) and his Ahl al-Bayt (as). She will present what non-Muslim and Muslim intellectuals have to say about the personality whom all objective observers have affirmed as the greatest leader in the history of humankind. Join us on December 9, 2006 to learn about the Messenger of Mercy (s) who heralded the religion of peace.

This event is brought to you by the Thaqalayn Muslim Association of the Greater Toronto Area and Masumeen Youth, in conjunction with Al Fajr Youth and Al Mahdi Youth Society.

Location: Masumeen Islamic Centre - http://www.masumeen.org/location/

• Advanced Member
She has not converted.

It is speculated she has not converted because a hindu can make more money writing books about the Ahlul Bait (as) than a Shia can.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Bro I am not gonna argue with you here. What you may have heard let it be. From what I know through reading her books and listening and hearing from others who are close to her that she has converted.

Couple of reasons why there is every possibility of her converting.

- She is married to a Syed Shia. And we all know that in Islamic Fiqh a person cannot marry other than Ahl ul Kitab, not even Mutah is allowed with those are not Ahl ul Kitab ie Hindus.

- If you read her book 'An Affair of the heart' you would notice how deeply she talks about the dreams she has of Imam Ali (as) . Now yes a person can be guided through dreams of the Imam (as) however if a person was making this up to gain fame and money then that is disgusting and knowing her I really doubt thats the case since some of my relatives are very close friends with her and I have always heard good things about her.

- Lastly please take some time and listen to her audio lectures which you would find on her website and other websites of UK Islamic Centres. In one of her lectures she does talk about her converting, if I am not mistaken.

Wsalaams

• Advanced Member

Couple of reasons why there is every possibility of her converting.

- She is married to a Syed Shia. And we all know that in Islamic Fiqh a person cannot marry other than Ahl ul Kitab, not even Mutah is allowed with those are not Ahl ul Kitab ie Hindus.

Are you not supposed to say our brothers of the Ahle hind Wal Jammah Sect, because Hindus are also muslims they are also Shias.And no such thing as non muslim or Kaffir exixsts because when the umpire in the match makes th sign of a 4 or a 6 than it means that all are ummat of Mohammed Saab therefore we are all muslim, get it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

I attended the program and I can say that from the way she spoke, she seemed very sincere and affectionate toward The Prophet [sAW] and the Blessed Progent [AS]. She believed in what she was saying quite firmly and was convinced by it. Why throw accusations that have absolutely no basis?

I was actually looking forward to hearing her conversion story and the way her visions had enlightened her heart, but the discussion seemed to focus on the message of the Prophet [sAW], Islam and terrorism, etc, nevertheless, very informative as well.

I bought her book and got her signature on it. Hope to see more of these events in the future insh'Allah. :)

Wassalam

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Salaam,

Can't really judge a person's intentions or sincierity of conversion, but you can surely judge a person's actions. I for one was quite disappointed to find out she doesn't wear hijab. Ishq e Ahle Bayt is a very valuable thing and from what I can see she seems to have this, inshAllah some day this will inspire her to also follow the shariat e Ahle Bayt.

Bir

• Veteran Member

^No; she aint Hijabi, and after the event on Thursday night Moulana Baqri figured out she was called and what not, he was disappointed :unsure:

Apparently she's 'against' Hijab and taqleed and what not ;)...

I had heard this stuff before; that's why I was a bit confused in the opening of this thread.

Edited by Ali_Imran
  • Veteran Member
a) She is strongly against Taqleed

B) Strongly in favour of Ali un wali ullah in all acts of worship including Namaz

c) Believes in doing open tabarra including those scholars who speaks against any form of Matam.

d) Strongly Pro Matam of every form

e) She Choses to remain a Hindu but wants to follow ONLY Quran & Ahadith

Apart from the above (I agrree with her to a certain extent) - I just have a feeling and hope that im wrong:

a) She or her husband does not belong to a rich family but the way they spend money on everything, The Paper material used in her books, The free distribution of thousands of Free copies of each of her books (If printed in India or Pakistan each book would cost atleast 300-500 Rs (110/130gsm glossy paper used which is quite expensive)

B) She seems to get information about everyone, knows when a certain shia student from Pakistan arrives in UK when he leaves, where he works what does his family do infact information which only his family would know - she knows all about it SOME HOW.

c) She chooses not to do Hijab at all - thinking about it is it really possible for our Pak Bibi (as) to appear in someones dreams who has no plans of doing hijab even after her dreams and so many books.

Despite the above, she is a very good speaker, good sense of poetry, good aqeeda (as per her proclamation), good infact excellent socializing skills.

Members have to decide what they want to take her as - Im still confused even after tens of meetings with her and speaking about almost all issues.she seems to be the most difficult person to judge.

Anita Rai is not her real name, she uses the name as a secret so her parents dont find out about her identity.

One night after the shab-e-wiladat of Hazrat Abbas (as) she got marriage to a Rizvi syed, but her parents doesnt know of it because they still think they raised a good hindu girl.

She claim to have accept Islam, but I have my doubt as to her status in terms of Islam. There are too many agents and really she is quoted to have said that although loving ahlul bayt, she will remain a Hindu for all her life... so why she wanting to all of a sudden go againsts her word? She does a fake cry upon hearing name of Imam Ali, but she is very quick to recover from it.

I dont understand how people can claims to love towards Ahlul Bayt but they dont see any of the acts of Ahlul Bayt, such as namaaz. I dont think that Ahlul Bayt will be apprecciative of those of love them but at the same time don't believe in any ofs Usool-e-Deen.

Why is Shias falling into the trap? Anyone can pretend and put on an act. Keep the distances and only trust Allah, Mohammad and aale-Mohammad.

Some people found that terribly offensive, especially as thoughout her presentation she praises the ahlulbayt to a great degree yet she fails to give any sort of importance to Islam as a religion. As when asked, she answered that all religions of the world teach good things, hence the main thing one should pay most importance to is humanity. In my opinion what does she think of namaz, roza, hajj , jihad, <-----do these just be ignored and not be given much attention.
'Agents' thats the only reason why we are so sceptical about her. She and her ways in general are so dodgy and creepy, that one is compelled to ponder.

We have loadza peeps converting these days, yes OK! mashalah! but when they start preaching, and preaching stuff which are somewhat pecualiar and far too extraordinary, then it starts to get dodgy.

I'd persoanlly at least like to hear from her something like: 'Alhamdollilah i've found the right path, or i'm pleased to have accepted islam ' etc etc. but no...

Plus exactly yeh, she doesn't believe much on the usool-e-Deen of Islam , apparently 'stick to humanity, and you'll be fine' i dont think she being a new convert, if a convert has any authority or rights to impose innovative ideas such as these.

She claims to have seen the prophet in her dreams, 'lady fatima and lady Zainab' As far as i'm concerned she can at least start off by saying (as) after their names.

She was called what/where?

So that piece of scarf on her head was just for 'appearance' purposes?.. :no:

I don't know; I haven't even seen her :lol: Don't even know how she looks like; but that's the reason I never went actually, cuz' these uncles kept telling me all this stuff, so I was like :unsure: okay...

Edited by Ali_Imran
  • Advanced Member

:mellow:

I am just going to second Peace's post and leave the woman alone. Only Allah [sWT] knows her intentions best.

Wassalam

Regarding the scarf:

does she or does she not wear one?

Unless I am blind, she was wearing one and it wasn't one of those 'convertible' hijabs or whatever they're called lol, but it was a proper one I'd say..

Edited by Noor-Alhuda
  • Veteran Member

saw her webpage

obviously it is hard to judge her intentions, but speeches were mostly bland no new perspectives ....very rigid ,defiant ,reactionary and superficial approach to complex issues ...lots of objectionable poetry like comparing Ameer ul momineen to God

her books also seem to present the Ahlulbayt based more on her imagination than any sound historical facts

surprised that all of a sudden she has become so popular ....

• Veteran Member

http://www.al-islam.org/nahjul/175.htm

SERMON 175

Following the sunnah and refraining from innovation

Know, O' creatures of Allah, that a believer should regard lawful this year what he regarded lawful in the previous year, and should consider unlawful this year what he considered unlawful in the previous year. Certainly people's innovation cannot make lawful for you what has been declared unlawful; rather, lawful is that which Allah has made lawful and unlawful is that which Allah has made unlawful. You have already tested the matters and tried them; you have been preached by those before you. Illustrations have been drawn for you and you have been called to clear fact. Only a deaf man can remain deaf to all this, and only a blind man can remain blind to all this.

He whom Allah does not allow benefit from trials and experience cannot benefit from preaching. He will be faced with losses from in front, so that he will approve what is bad and disapprove what is good. People are of two categories - the follower of the shari`ah (religious laws), and the follower of the innovations to whom Allah has not given any testimony by way of sunnah or the light of any plea.