Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Namaz Questions

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salam to everyone.

I was hoping if someone could help make clear some doubts i have when praying namaz.

and it will be very helpful to me if someone could help answer the questions below.

1. What is the niyat for juma namaz?

2.When saying the niyat i usually say it in my mind, is this correct?

3.When going down into sajda are you meant to leave your eyes open or closed?

3. In the first rakat of namaz after surah al fatiha, i have heard that you have to recite surah qadr. Is this correct?

4. When praying namaz in jamat, what would the niyat be. Also when praying namaz in jamaat i always listen to the imam pray and stay silent and then in the third and fourth rakat i read sura fatiha silenty, is his correct. Is this how to read in jamaat?

5. What is the niyat for fujr namaz?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Jazakallah.

• Advanced Member
Salam to everyone.

Walaikum Salam.

2.When saying the niyat i usually say it in my mind, is this correct?

Yes.

952. A person should offer prayers with the intention of Qurbat, that is, complying with the orders of the Almighty Allah. It is not, however, necessary that he should make the niyyat pass through his mind, or should, for example, utter: "I am offering four Rak'ats of Zuhr prayers Qurbatan ila-llah."

3.When going down into sajda are you meant to leave your eyes open or closed?

It is not necessary either to keep your eyes closed or open.

3. In the first rakat of namaz after surah al fatiha, i have heard that you have to recite surah qadr. Is this correct?

You can recite any Surah after Surah al-Hamd.

987. In the the daily obligatory prayers, one should recite Surah al-Hamd in the first and second Rak'ats, and thereafter one should, on the basis of precaution, recite one complete Surah. The Surah az Zuha and Surah Inshirah are treated as one Surah in namaz, and so are the Surah al-Fil and Quraysh.

4. When praying namaz in jamat, what would the niyat be. Also when praying namaz in jamaat i always listen to the imam pray and stay silent and then in the third and fourth rakat i read sura fatiha silenty, is his correct. Is this how to read in jamaat?

1469. When a follower makes his niyyat, it is necessary for him to specify the Imam. But, it is not necessary for him to know his name. If he makes niyyat that he is following the Imam of the present congregation, his prayer is in order.

1470. It is necessary for the follower to recite all the things of the prayers himself, except Surah al-Hamd and the other Surah. However, if his first or second Rak'at coincides with third or fourth Rak'at of the Imam, he should recite Surah al-Hamd and Surah.

1471. If the follower hears Surah al-Hamd and Surah of Imam in the first and second Rak'at of the Fajr, Maghrib and Isha prayers, he should not recite them, even if he may not be able to distinguish the words. And if he does not hear the voice of the Imam, it is Mustahab that he should recite Surah al-Hamd and Surah silently. But if he recites them loudly by mistake, there is no harm.

5. What is the niyat for fujr namaz?

"I am offering two Rak'ats of Fajr prayers Qurbatan ila-llah."

• Basic Members

Salam.

:) Thanks for the reply.

I had another question regarding wudu. When performing wudu i usually take water in my left hand and wash from the right elbow down to the wrist, but i have recently found out that this is not the correct method and that you have to wash from the elbows down to the fingertips. Does this mean to wash from the elbows down to the fingers?

Could someone pelase tell me the correct way of doing wudu. And will my namaz count because all these years i've been doing wudu the incorrect way.

Also would someone be able to clarify what the niyat is for juma namaz.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Salam.

• Advanced Member
Could someone pelase tell me the correct way of doing wudu.

the detailed instructions can be read here:

http://al-islam.org/laws/wudhu.html

And will my namaz count because all these years i've been doing wudu the incorrect way.

from what i've read you don't have to repeat your prayers, but you should e-mail your marj'a for confirmation.

Also would someone be able to clarify what the niyat is for juma namaz.

it's "i'm offering juma namaz qurbatan ilallah".

• 2 years later...
  • Veteran Member

(salam),

It is not necessary either to keep your eyes closed or open.

Correction:

1166...It is also Makrooh during prayers to shut the eyes or turn towards right or left, ...

http://www.sistani.org/local.php?modules=nav&nid=2&bid=59&pid=2965

(wasalam)

Basim Ali Jafri