Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Sky

Children's Questions

Rate this topic

I work with kids so I got a lot :D One of my most memorable ones however wasn't a question but a comment. I was testing the kids on various things and one of the first questions was "What's your first and last name". All of them knew their first names, but two didn't know their last ones. One boy said his last name was "Shark Boy" and one girl said her last name was "Tinkerbell". It was sooo cuuuute :P

I used to ask:

1) Where is Allah mian? Why cant I see him? (Oh yes! A born Atheist)

2) How did I come into being? (Oh yes! Biology)

3) How did Allah mian put Hannan (my younger sister) in the fridge? (embryology)

4) How did Allah mian put Abeer (my elder sister) in the oven? (metaphor for metamorphosis)

They are 4 and 6, and they are little angels, who are just too curious and too smart for their own (or my) good.

My six-year-old today:

"Mom, can I have a hug?"

I oblige.

"Can I have ten hugs?"

I smile, and give him ten hugs.

"Ok, now can I have twenty"

I remark "Twenty? I'm getting tired from all this hugging!" but give him what he asks anyway.

He smiles, then says "Ok, now only ninety nine more." :angel: :wub:

Get someone to record all this, sis. Tomorrow he's gonna be a big man, and shy of showing his emotions

They are 4 and 6, and they are little angels, who are just too curious and too smart for their own (or my) good.

My six-year-old today:

"Mom, can I have a hug?"

I oblige.

"Can I have ten hugs?"

I smile, and give him ten hugs.

"Ok, now can I have twenty"

I remark "Twenty? I'm getting tired from all this hugging!" but give him what he asks anyway.

He smiles, then says "Ok, now only ninety nine more."

aww :wub: mashaallah so cute!!!

my bros call lightening strikes, allahs camera lol

My youngest has asked me this question, almost a year ago. I took him outside and showed him the trees. The wind was blowing. I asked him "Can you see the wind?" He said "No."

"But you can see the effects of the wind?"

"Yes, I can see the trees moving and hear the leaves when the wind blows."

"Same as with God," I explained. "You can't see God, but you can see the effects of the presence of God."

Dear smiley,

When he'll grow up, either he'll find it totally reasonable or he might discard it as well. If "wind" is just a symbol to mark the phenomenon of air current flowing in some particular way (direction, speed; velocity, difference in air pressure in the atmosphere) and phenomenon itself, or the effects of it, are perceptible, the analogy actually tries to relate that God, in a verisimilar or exact sense, is a phenomenon which can be felt and its effects can be felt. Is it a mischaracterisation of God? I'll leave the question to the reader. As long as God is a symbol in language - which fulfills the need to refer to phenomena (whom one normally knows or feels about) and their effects - the analogy would be somewhat correct, but only in some sense of it.

Sorry for going off the topic.

Smiley, did he ever ask who blows the winds?

wind2.jpg

Edited by Noose

I am a bad mother. I just overheard my four-year-old asking his brother "What in the hell happened to that house?"

(There was a house fire near his day care center last week.)

You live in a society which pays scant respect to choice of words. Don't blame yourself for things you have no control over.

Here's one I didn't know whether to laugh or punish the child:

When caught standing on the kitchen counter, holding the sugar bowl and a spoon, with sugar on his face:

"Who got this down? They should be in trouble. I need to put this away."

:!!!:

Awww, I would've had a hard time keeping a straight face :D

I used to ask:

1) Where is Allah mian? Why cant I see him? (Oh yes! A born Atheist)

2) How did I come into being? (Oh yes! Biology)

3) How did Allah mian put Hannan (my younger sister) in the fridge? (embryology)

4) How did Allah mian put Abeer (my elder sister) in the oven? (metaphor for metamorphosis)

u probably goonnaa end up with a career as a scientist, somethin to do with siceicne

Normally, after the matam... all my little cousins and neices come up to me and show me their neck. "Is it red?"

:lol:

I used to do that too omg. I would look in the mirror to see how red it had become heh

Normally, after the matam... all my little cousins and neices come up to me and show me their neck. "Is it red?"

:lol:

I used to do that too omg. I would look in the mirror to see how red it had become heh

same i used to do matam like crazy in pak, and always used to see how red my chest was, it wasnt even a LITTLE RED, and i did matam 100 times harder then alot of people, i jus had no BLOODD, all my fat cuzins were well redd

this family friend of mine, if her kids are naughty, and naughty corner aint working, tells them that Santa will not pay them a visit that year..

and when the kids caught their dad smoking, the mother after trying to explain the effects of smoking, gave up and said..'SANTA HATES PEOPLE WHO SMOKE, THATS WHY DADDY GETS NO GIFTS DURING XMAS' :lol:

suprisingly, all of this does result in the kids being good and well-mannered.

this family friend of mine, if her kids are naughty, and naughty corner aint working, tells them that Santa will not pay them a visit that year..

and when the kids caught their dad smoking, the mother after trying to explain the effects of smoking, gave up and said..'SANTA HATES PEOPLE WHO SMOKE, THATS WHY DADDY GETS NO GIFTS DURING XMAS' :lol:

talk bout naughty kids, my lil cousins 3 of them bout the same age, would come to visit us, the kids would jus get into the house, jus run to my room and terrorisze everything in thier path, open the closets take everything out and go crazy

u coudlnt control them, i use to hate them for that back then

but now i have a great laugh

some girls are almost beating thier necks cuz of sensitive parts on the chest...... one of my aunties, well i wont call her aunty she was an older baji, two of her bones righ below the neck area were bleeding once

i was like

wow

Methinks me needs to look up Anatomy 101 again

More from my four year old:

"Mom, when I grow up, I want to have a beard."

"That's good, Stephen, with a beard you will look like a very respectable man."

"But Mom, it won't grow just by talking about it! How do I make it grow?"

"It just grows all on its own."

Stephen, near tears: "But what if it doesn't?"

thats cuteness beyond belief

u should take a marker and give him a temp beard till he gets tired of it lol

but those kids are gonna be a bunch of dissapointed people wen they find out Santa aint real..

My little brother is very much into 'what is going to happen after death'. After a few discussions we had about shaytan, he asked 'If shaytan is made out of fire, and hell is fire.. then how is shaytan getting punished?'

I said surely Allah will punish him in one way or another. not sure how. So I took him with me to an Islamic lecture by a guest scholar we had over Ashura from Lebanon. The Sheik responded to his question by asking 'if you get hit by a stone on your head, would it hurt?' my brother said 'yes course, and if the stone was big i might die' so the Sheikh said 'but you're out of soil, and so is the stone!!' the fire of hell is black in colour and is 70 times stronger than Dunia's fire. Keeping in mind that Dunia's fire is also diluted 70 times with water on top of being 70 times reduced in intensity.

Sometimes children throw random questions that we might have had when we were little but just accepted as they were without questioning the knowledgable. For that matter, we should pay attention to their questions about nature and God as they could teach us a lot too.

My little brother is very much into 'what is going to happen after death'. After a few discussions we had about shaytan, he asked 'If shaytan is made out of fire, and hell is fire.. then how is shaytan getting punished?'

MAAHAHAAAHAHAHAAHAHAH

AGAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAAHAHAH

GAAABABSBASHASAHDAHDAHAHAHAHAHAH

i totallly remember how i used to annoy the hell outa my parents by asking questions