Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

So Umrao Jaan Was A Shia

Member1

• Advanced Member

watch the orginial indian movie with rekha playin the main role, and u shall c here doin the muharaam talk

obv this story is based on a book so if it was in the movie (the orignial one im on about) then its in the book

woh jimmy sherghill saala shia hai, sunaa tha ke iss saal woh arbaeen New Jersey ke Astaan e Zehra center mai shirt uthaar ke matam karra tha :lol:

aur zayed khan aur fardeen khan meray dost ke cousins hai, tho woh dono saalay bhi shia hai @)

nah fardeen n zayed aint shias

i no for sure sunil dutt was a hussaini brahmin coz in one interview before he dies he said he was brought up goin to majlises doin matam, and he brought his kids to do that and so has raj babaar

• Advanced Member
haan main bhi suna hain aishwarya rai aur priyanka chopra bhi shia haan....

aur woh malikha sharwat bhi shia hain

sara industry shia hain except shabana azmi, saab khan walay, emraan hashmi, aur saray musalmaan heros aur herione woh saab hindu hain :lol:

LOL jhooti kahin ki :P

• Advanced Member

Umrao is a fictional character created by Mirza Muhammad Hadi Ruswa, a Shi'a.

At that time almost the whole of the Oudh aristocracy was Shi'a, and thus most of the courtesans in their attendance followed Shi'a rituals (especially azadari and wearing black in ayyam-e aza) irrespective of their being Shi'a - or even Muslim.

That the character Umrao wore black - or recited nauhas - does not, therefore, necessarily prove her Shi'ism.

@)

• Advanced Member
haan main bhi suna hain aishwarya rai aur priyanka chopra bhi shia haan....

aur woh malikha sharwat bhi shia hain

sara industry shia hain except shabana azmi, saab khan walay, emraan hashmi, aur saray musalmaan heros aur herione woh saab hindu hain :lol:

LOL..yeah i have also heard abt Sania Mirza,Tabu, Firoz, Sanjay Khan etc..

Anyway the only Shia in the Indian Film industry that i know for sure is Javed Jaffery...

• Advanced Member

can we discuss this in english

anyways...in the 'kohta' they have 'ya ali madad' logos/posters in the recent film

the molvi saab who gives her her religious training says 'ya ali'...confused about whether this guy is a pimp

shabana azmi who is the madam ie kohtewaaali says 'jao maula ali ke havaale'

aishwariya says 'muhurrum' 'karbala' 'yazid'

in the paki version raani who plays umrao reads majlis at the end

the recent indian version is set in lucknow...which we all know is a shia hub.....apparently its a true story and the shia board of lucknow have claimed rights over the real umraos grave

wat shocked me is from lahore to lucknow all the kanjars are shia :cry:

im embarrassed :Hijabi:

the director 'dutta' is a hussaini brahmin

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:BRa3z...t=clnk&cd=3

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:aKIwy...t=clnk&cd=2

i dont kno jimmy

but he is hot

LOL..yeah i have also heard abt Sania Mirza,Tabu, Firoz, Sanjay Khan etc..

Anyway the only Shia in the Indian Film industry that i know for sure is Javed Jaffery...

fardeen khan is hot

whose javed jaffery

zayed khan looks gay

• Advanced Member

^well all i no thats hes a serial kisser lol which aint really shia like now is it

javed jaffery - obv a shia name pity about him though dosnt act like one!

well there was this seen in ntha bollymovie named `dev` kareena-fardheen starer, sum geeza talkin about karbala n imam hussain n lanti yazeed

dsnt mean their shias now,its just that they have nothin better to talk or refer to then shiaism! coz SHIAS ROCK :)

kya Ashwariya bhi shia hai ? aur Katrina ?

yeh dono kurriya dono hindu hain shia wannbe hain :lol: :lol:

saab hi filimi actors actresses are jus SHIA WANNBES :lol:

dont forget arjun ramphal :wub: :wub: has changed his name ali-jun ram-ali-phal shah :lol: how shia can u get :lol:

Edited by LaYdee_110

• Advanced Member

salaams ,

why do we have to have this hue and cry over certain "filmies" being shia or not!!!

even if they are as some of u have claimed on this thread..a saying of Imam Reza AS comes to my mind.:our shia are those who accept with their hearts (Qalb),confirm with their tongues (Lisaan) and perform actions (Aamal) with their bodies (AAza o Jawaareh)..

just one of these is nt enough..like if any of the guys on the list are shia (btw u all forgot DIA MIRZA..her mumis certainly shia from HYD India) theie actions prove otherwise..so thats it i guess...

wasalaam

www.ashizmum.blogspot.com

• Advanced Member

^^

Its because the Love(Mavaddat in exact) of Hussain(a.s) is not restricted to only those who declare themselves shias.huge # of Ahle sunnah participate in Azadari,do matam n have their own Processions(juluus) in moharrum.

Hubbe hussain(a.s) par ajarah nahi hai shia ka ! :)

P.s-I rate those prostitutes way above than those religious giants of the society whos hearts are deprived of the love of Hussain(a.s).

Edited by asifnaqvi

• Advanced Member
^^

Its because the Love(Mavaddat in exact) of Hussain(a.s) is not restricted to only those who declare themselves shias.huge # of Ahle sunnah participate in Azadari,do matam n have their own Processions(juluus) in moharrum.

Hubbe hussain(a.s) par ajarah nahi hai shia ka ! :)

P.s-I rate those prostitutes way above than those religious giants of the society whos hearts are deprived of the love of Hussain(a.s).

i dont :angry:

this is why sunnis say 'saarey kanjar shia neh'

i think its a big contradiction to belief in our bibis :angry:

• Advanced Member
i dont :angry:

this is why sunnis say 'saarey kanjar shia neh'

i think its a big contradiction to belief in our bibis :angry:

Can you confirm that all the prostitutes are doing prostitution by their free-will??

Hell no ! Girls like 7->13 yrs old are kidnapped from the roads n raped time n again that they simply lose the hope of getting out of it later.moreover the "Real Kanjars" who drag them into this business walk on the streets in white clothes.

You aret making sense here !

Moreover you are forgetting the crucial comparison between beliefs n practices.Love of Ahlebayt(a.s) is a belief/sensation in the heart n that has got nothing to do with the poor practices of the weak-created humans.

If you can grab it,Im not advocating for prostitution business here !

• Advanced Member
Can you confirm that all the prostitutes are doing prostitution by their free-will??

Hell no ! Girls like 7->13 yrs old are kidnapped from the roads n raped time n again that they simply lose the hope of getting out of it later.moreover the "Real Kanjars" who drag them into this business walk on the streets in white clothes.

You aret making sense here !

Moreover you are forgetting the crucial comparison between beliefs n practices.Love of Ahlebayt(a.s) is a belief/sensation in the heart n that has got nothing to do with the poor practices of the weak-created humans.

If you can grab it,Im not advocating for prostitution business here !

how am i not making sense???

well actually i am aware that girls are forced into it etc...which is WRONG - and something neesds to be done about it - and they are innocent hence alot of them do genuinely sympathise with sayyed -us - shuhada

i' d rather commit suicide

im sorry but i disagree true love of ahlulbayt is not dishonouring them

read 'taboo'

anyways WHY ARE THEY SHIA? thats wat i wanna know! many explanations have been put forward!

a true lover of the imams wud not be a prostitute - they wud beg or become a cleaner if they had to

these girls are born into this trade - i guess they no no different

if u read 'taboo' it shows that they are shia but they honestly dont think there is anything wrong with their profession

actually they come to my cousins house in lahore for ziarat on 10th

• Advanced Member
how am i not making sense???

Because you are making the basic mistake of judging shiaism of an individual by his/her certain practice.the true Shiaism is the belief in the heart of an individual !

im sorry but i disagree true love of ahlulbayt is not dishonouring them.

Sheikh Ali Halavi was a lover of Imam-e-zamana(a.s) in Iraq.it was his practice to pray for the appearence of his imam.alongwith it,he used to complain about imam(a.s) that why doest he appear when He has got so many of his lovers(shias) even in this city.he knew that Imam(a.s) had promised to reappear if he finds atleast 313 of his true followers.

One day he was sitting in the jungle,when a man came to him n asked," what are you doing in this jungle?". sheikh said," Im waiting for my imam". the man said that I am your imam.Halavi got happy n then suddenly started complaining to imam for not reappearing.

The imam said to him," I stand to my promise ! but if you aret satisfied then call a meeting of my 40 lovers(that you think they are) to your home at thirsday night,i will be there also n call that butcher,hes surely my lover.the Imam(a.s) also directed to place two sheeps on the roof his house(halavis).

So the night came,all the 40 ppl including the butcher gathered in halavis compound.there was a sudden spread of immense light.then came imams voice n he called the butcher to the roof.Imam asked the butcher to slaughter one sheep such that the blood should fall into the compound through the drain pipe.he followed what imam had directed.falling blood harassed the ppl sitting in the compound.then imam called halavi to the roof.Imam asked him to do the same.blood again started falling into the compound.

Now the ppl sitting in the compound reached the conclusion that the imam(a.s) had slaughtered both halavi n the butcher.so they ran away thinking that it was any second before Imam(a.s) would call them also. :D

Now the Imam(a.s) turned his face to Sheikh Halavi n said," I had told you that these ppl aret my true-lovers.I would reappear whenever i shall find 313 of them"

Having said that,the Imam disappeared!

The place is known as " Sahibuzzama`n" even today.

Sorry for the length,but i had to !

anyways WHY ARE THEY SHIA? thats wat i wanna know! many explanations have been put forward!

A huge # of declared shias alongwith even syeds drink whine,have illicit relations,snatch the right of the poor,but you still call them shias ! why??

a true lover of the imams wud not be a prostitute - they wud beg or become a cleaner if they had to

Remember Maryam who used to be a prostitute in the times of Jesus Christ?

Eesa(a.s) witnessed for her belief !

if u read 'taboo' it shows that they are shia but they honestly dont think there is anything wrong with their profession

A continuous water-shower can make a hole in the rock.I have already said that they lose the difference after a while.

• Advanced Member
Because you are making the basic mistake of judging shiaism of an individual by his/her certain practice.the true Shiaism is the belief in the heart of an individual !

Sorry for the length,but i had to !

A huge # of declared shias alongwith even syeds drink whine,have illicit relations,snatch the right of the poor,but you still call them shias ! why??

Remember Maryam who used to be a prostitute in the times of Jesus Christ?

Eesa(a.s) witnessed for her belief !

A continuous water-shower can make a hole in the rock.I have already said that they lose the difference after a while.

one mans 'sense' is another mans 'insanity'....actually i dont call shias or syeds who drink etc shia or syed...at the end of the day being shia or syed...has very much become just a label.....these are my views - which are subjective

yeh intention counts for alot and wats in the heart ....howver i disagree, i dont think anyone who has true shia beliefs in their heart can be a prostitute or anything else which is seriously haram....nobody is infallible...we all commit sins..but we shud strive to perfect ourselves...we all have conscience....being a pimp or a pro willingly is takin it to the extreme...and we should be discouraging NOT encouraging such behaviour

the bottom line is umrao jaan was shia...and so is majority of heera mandi...both notorious for their activities...i dont think its anything to be proud off? esp after people claim its due to mutah

just my 2 cents...im ENTITLED to my opinion and u urs

thanks for the story about imam al mahdi...i dint really see how it was relevant...but i can kindda see ur point

tell me the story about maryam at the time of eesa...is she the one who gave water to the dog?...i dont kno which story this is

Edited by Queen_Shah_UK

yeh intention counts for alot and wats in the heart ....howver i disagree, i dont think anyone who has true shia beliefs in their heart can be a prostitute or anything else which is seriously haram....

Does there exist any thing which is non-seriously or frivolously haraam?

Edited by Rawshni