Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Does Any Revert Muslim Or Muslimah Want To Go To Iran For Relgious Stu

Rate this topic

Mizan

• Advanced Member

Salaam

I am wondering if any revert want to go to IRAN for religious study. I think revert should go and become scholar because if we have number of revert Muslim scholars in USA so that they can spread Islamic teaching better then anyone else. Because revert are the part of that society and they are more welcome then anyone else. I have been in USA for five years but still i feel whenever i talk to non Muslim about Islam they listen to me and agree with me but they do not think islam is easy for them to follow. In the end they say that because i was raised in Islamic enjoinment that’s why it’s easier for me to follow Islam. So you revert are the answer of their statement. If you guys become scholars of Islam you will see that not only they will listen to you but they will also believe you too. You could be the role model for them. That’s my request to you if you any of you guys want to become a scholar and need any help let me know. I will try to help them out.

Thanks

As salaamu alaykum,

There are many, in fact we already have some Americans from revert families and a few reverts who have study a good number of years in Qum and come back to serve.

The problem isn't a lack of desire, but Iran doesn't make it easy for Americans to travel and stay there, regardless of their intentions or religious affiliation. This is especially true now that tensions between the two countries are so high.

(salam)

also, many muslims in america who are NOT reverts would like to go to iran and study religion. (after all, reverts form a very small group here, and most muslims here are not reverts) unfortunately they are also hindered by the current situation between america and iran.

insha'Allah it improves soon.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Well, I will be going to Iran 2007 to do Ziarat with an organization called Al-Asr. They take Muslims to Iran and have activities to do such as sports, sight seeing.. But the most important thing while you're there is that you get to do Ziarat there and you also attend alot of Islamic lectures. I'm looking forward to going, Inshallah..

Now let me get on the scholar subject.. I have already decided that I will become an scholar, but I don't know if I'll be a permenant one in the USA. Sure when I have went to a university and study Islam for many years I will do alot of lectures not only in the USA but other Western societies. Now I'm just wondering if it is really as easy as to study Islam at a university or whatever and become a scholar in just a few years.. Another thing, I feel like some reverts are scared to talk to Islam to others.. Some feel that as a revert they possess less knowledge than someone raised as a Muslim their whole life. I believe it all goes down to confidance and how well a person can articulate their messages. All I can say is answer the questions that you are presented to the best of your ability, and if you don't know some of the answers to some than just politly say: "Sorry, I don't know much about that. However, I can come back with you the next day with an answer."

The best thing a person can do is read a book.. When I converted to Islam I had thousands of questions.. Then I started reading hadiths Muslims provided to me, and before I knew it I answered alot of my questions through reading. And after that I learned to educate myself, by not always asking others about stuff. Writting questions to an Ayatollah is very helpful. So is quizzing yourself, it helps to reinforce what you've learned and test it and improve on the things you may not know so well. Islam is continual thing that teaches something new everyday. Because of the vast subjects, and complexities of Islam I can find myself learning new things every day.

Lol I made this a bit long..

Khuda Hafiz

^

(salam)

i am so impressed with your determination! most of us had no clue what we were going to do with our lives at your age.

you will not be accepted as a "scholar" simply by studying islamic studies at the university here. this is because the scholarship is very critical and will not contain the most important things that a scholar needs to know (such as tafsir of quran, hadith, fiqh, etc). you will however get a good historical overview of the various trends in islamic history as well as islamic literature.

however, your intellectual progress might be stunted also if you go straight to hawzah because there is less critical thought there.

most of the hawzahs in iran encourage students from the west to graduate from university here first and then go there to continue studying. if you have the patience for that, that is the best option. however, you might then feel frustrated becuse you will be studying with students who are younger than you, and the classes will be a lot slower than what you would be used to in the university setting.

i think the best thing for you to do would be to puruse arabic/islamic studies in the university here and simultaneously do correspondence courses in hawzah studies (such as through the london hawzah). or, if you can enter a hawzah program in the west and do that at the same time as your university studies, you would also be in a much better position after you graduate. if you focus on arabic and farsi, you will also reap the benefits later.

good luck! i'm sure you'll go far!!!

may we all continue to learn new things every day :)

have a good trip and remember us when u r doing ziyarah :D

Another thing, I feel like some reverts are scared to talk to Islam to others

i know i have felt that. it is not because i feel like i have less knowledge but because my family and friends were so overwhelmingly negative when i became muslim, and i still feel like that was a very traumatic experience in my life. maybe someday i will get over it!

i am glad that you are able to be completely open with no problems :)

You are right but if we go through proper channel as student so they would definatly weclome us.

lol the voice of inexperience ;)

Edited by BintAlHoda

• Advanced Member
Well, I will be going to Iran 2007 to do Ziarat with an organization called Al-Asr. They take Muslims to Iran and have activities to do such as sports, sight seeing.. But the most important thing while you're there is that you get to do Ziarat there and you also attend alot of Islamic lectures. I'm looking forward to going, Inshallah..

(bismillah)

(salam)

Inshallah you are well.. Looking forward to meetin you inshallah on the Al Asr 07 trip :)

In my recent years with Al Asr I have not met many reverts so it is always good to meet new people and especially reverts. Al Asr at the time of its beginning took many reverts to Iran in its short vocation course. Many stayed behind and studied in the hawza or went back after the trip to pursue their interest in studying Islam. Even my inspiration to study in the hawza came from this course and now it has gone to that level that I decided to permanently settle down in Iran and continue studying indefinitely inshallah.

As for having more revert speakers yes that is a good idea and I think more and more people should be encouraged to join the Hawza however Iran is not the only country with the Hawza system. Hawza system is found in Europe as well as US nowadays hence the basic should be undertaken there if possible and then move on to Iran. That option works better in some cases but then again every situation is different :)

Wsalaams

• Advanced Member

My husband and I have both wanted to go. It seems it's not easy because of financial situation. I think most students recieve help from their families to cover their expenses, but how many reverts have parents who are willing to finance their studies of Islam? Then what if the man is married ? They don't expect the student to stay single for 4-8 years do they? InshaAllah, I hope they set up some sort of family housing because then I think more people would be willing to go.

• Advanced Member

If you guys go to Howzah they will support you.Anyway i have been looking for a revert who want to go to iran for study want a husband who can support her.Here I am where are you................lol.I think that would be great support for a revert women by supporting her by getting married. I have not found yet..........Wish me luck

If you guys go to Howzah they will support you.Anyway i have been looking for a revert who want to go to iran for study want a husband who can support her.Here I am where are you................lol.I think that would be great support for a revert women by supporting her by getting married. I have not found yet..........Wish me luck

why do u want a revert woman in iran? since i used to study there, i know there are so many good single sisters there who are not reverts, and there are only a very few who are reverts.

• Advanced Member

I think revert are the part of this society.I have been in usa for five years and i come a cross with non muslim almost everyday.I have realised that they belive and agree with islamic teaching but i cannot be the role model for them.They belive that islam is a good religion but its not eay to practise in USA for USA born citizen.They think i am good muslim because i was raised in islamic envoirment.So if revert go to them and teach islam they would not say the same thing to them.Revert are the real role model for them.They would accept them and be more comfortable to talk to them.But if you know any born muslimah scholar who is looking for someone who can support her in study by getting married.Please let me know.I have been looking for someone like that...............please

^

bro don't u think some non-revert girls are going to be offended that u r saying that they can't be good role models for islam in america? i had some friends here (sisters) who went to iran to study religion. none of them are reverts. i think they would be really upset if someone told them that they were "less valuable" than revert sisters!!!

But if you know any born muslimah scholar who is looking for someone who can support her in study by getting married.Please let me know.I have been looking for someone like that...............please

no sorry alhamdulillah their families supported their efforts 100% so they are doing ok. :)

Edited by BintAlHoda

• Advanced Member

(salam)

What Br.Mizan meant, as I understand it, is that, for instance, a Christian girl would be more willing to accept the livability and suitability of an Islamic lifestyle if she heares about it from a former Christan who converted to Islam. This is in contract to hearing it from a Muslim, born in a Muslim family, and in a Muslim country.

(salam)

(salam)

What Br.Mizan meant, as I understand it, is that, for instance, a Christian girl would be more willing to accept the livability and suitability of an Islamic lifestyle if she heares about it from a former Christan who converted to Islam. This is in contract to hearing it from a Muslim, born in a Muslim family, and in a Muslim country.

(salam)

well for starters i have to point out (again) that NOT all "born muslims" families in the US are born outside of the US. i would say at least half, if not more, are born and raised INSIDE the US -- some from immigrant parents, and some from revert parents of course.

but... that's a REALLY good question!

to restate: do u think that a revert muslim does better da'wah in the united states than a born muslim?

i personally think NO... but i will withhold my explanations until i hear what others have to say

Edited by BintAlHoda

• Advanced Member

I am sorry if any one was offended.My point is simple that in usa revert can play major role spreading islam becuase they are the part of this nation.They were raised almost the same style like others.They have same culture and language.They can explain them better how to get over the fear nonmuslim have about islam.Nonmuslim will be more comfortable talking to them becuase they are the part of them.If you read Quran you see that in so many places god mentioned that "I have sent you the prophet from you...."

Why did god mention that?...........

we as a born muslim to guide those who have become muslim and make them ready to go and teach others.It does not mean that other then revert cannot do anything.I never said that.This is their country and i belive white person listen white more carefully and black listen black.They think that we are good muslim because we are born like that.But revert can prove them wrong.They can make them read about islam by talking to them and showing themselves as practical American muslim.They can prove that islam is for everyone.We should play the role of guiding revert and prepare for this great cause. its very sad that i do not see alot of revert in islamic centers.I think they should come and get involved in diffrent islamic activites.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam! How old are you, do you mind me asking? Khoda Hafez

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

I have offter to go,study teology in Iran...evrything free...etc...but i reject,i'm afraid of languge,ans how i fit in...InshaAllah,i will go to London.

Of topic : If war in Iran happend I will go defend Islamic Republic,even if i must walk from Bosnia to to Iran.

Salam.i will pry for those who go study the Truth in Iran,or any other place.

• Advanced Member

is there like any kind of agencies of groups that can help you go to iran to study for free ?

If you asking me,yes I allready have offter to go theree study Teology.One brother in Bosnian Shia Fontation would cover all cost's.But,i dont know language,so i'm looking for some University in UK,even if i have paid for it.

Salam dear brother,may Allah guide you,and your family.

Edited by AidAsSadik

• Advanced Member

If you asking me,yes I allready have offter to go theree study Teology.One brother in Bosnian Shia Fontation would cover all cost's.But,i dont know language,so i'm looking for some University in UK,even if i have paid for it.

asalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

i hope everythings goes good for you inshallah

inshAllah i want to go study in iran is there like any agencies or do you know anyone i can speak too that can help me go to iran and study for becoming an imam, I really want to help others especially when i go to mexico since theres hardly any shias in mexico

• Advanced Member

asalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

i hope everythings goes good for you inshallah

inshAllah i want to go study in iran is there like any agencies or do you know anyone i can speak too that can help me go to iran and study for becoming an imam, I really want to help others especially when i go to mexico since theres hardly any shias in mexico

Wa salam dear brother,where are you living?This fondation who give offter to me,wants spread Shia Islam in Bosnia.I'm sure that in place where you live it is some fondation,wich is redy to help you.I will pray Allah for you to accomplish that wish,and for your family to be in Khair inshaAllah.Salam

• Advanced Member

Wa salam dear brother,where are you living?This fondation who give offter to me,wants spread Shia Islam in Bosnia.I'm sure that in place where you live it is some fondation,wich is redy to help you.I will pray Allah for you to accomplish that wish,and for your family to be in Khair inshaAllah.Salam

ty dear brother i will pray for your family too and so you may accomplish that wich you hope for aswell inshAllah,

i live in USA in the Texas state ?

Edited by Jihadi

• Veteran Member

Brother, are you talking about no knowing Farsi? When you arrive in Qum to study, they teach you Farsi. Studying in Qum doesn't cost anything, really. You actually get a stipend from the Hawza to survive and it's enough, you may even be able to save some - especially if you are single and live in the dorms.

• Advanced Member

ty dear brother i will pray for your family too and so you may accomplish that wich you hope for aswell inshAllah,

i live in USA in the Texas state ?

Salam dear brother check this http://www.nasimco.info/

Brother, are you talking about no knowing Farsi? When you arrive in Qum to study, they teach you Farsi. Studying in Qum doesn't cost anything, really. You actually get a stipend from the Hawza to survive and it's enough, you may even be able to save some - especially if you are single and live in the dorms.

Salam brother,it is hard to teach farsi?That's concerned about me :/