Sign in to follow this  
Tahereh

Irani-pakistani Marriage

Rate this topic

to whom it may concern

if you want to marry into another culture, just VISIT that country once for God's sake. That way you will get a better idea of it than asking people around on internet forums..

Everyone has already exchanged their valuable experiences, so no point talking on the subject.

Let me digress a bit (ok, a lot).

Malik e Ashtar:

People of Sindh generally speak Urdu. ...

There is a lot of Westernisation on-goings here, some good, others not so good, especially in Karachi, which is the second largest city in Pakistan.

Bro, please don't take me wrong, but when was the last time you visit Pak? :D

Karachi is not the second largest city of Pakistan, it is THE largest city.

It was most probably a mistake, so no problem.

Then about "Westernization in Sindh", well, there is no more westernization in Sindh then there is in Punjab (that is, not much westernization). Karachi is a different story. Looks like you had only Karachi in mind when you talked about westernization in Sindh.

But if there is any "Westernization", whatever it means, then it is due to Karachi's being a big city.

Just wanted to keep the record straight.

Time for me to go.

to whom it may concern

if you want to marry into another culture, just VISIT that country once for God's sake. That way you will get a better idea of it than asking people around on internet forums..

(salam)

This is how ppl help each other and share experiences, not the only way to get information. Thanks anyways.

"Iranized" is being more like an Iranian (i.e. speaking farsi/going to vacation to Iran every year/not eating spicy food anymore, etc).

"Superstition" is belief in that which is not based on reasoning and knowledge, and in our case, something which is un-Islamic.

Their reasoning is irrelevant to the sisters' situation in such a marriage.

On what do you base that?

Shanks for your reply. Thats definately 'Iranized', after all they chose to leave spicy food, strange earthlings!

Tell me somthing, this whole concept of 'Sheesh Nazar' in Iran, with the drawings of blue eyes on earings and pendents, is this just an Iranian thing or is it something Islamic that I'm sadly ignorant of?

Likewise, after reconsideration, I think you might be right about this super powers of Pakistani Mothers thing. Its part of Pakistani values and society norms that the sons are expected to, and most often do, live, stay and support their parents until their old age. Maybe this isn't particularly percieved positively in the Iranian society i.e. its definately not in the Western culture. These issues may seem petty at a glance but can become large obstacles later on.

For example, in the case of one of such couple whom I know (as previosuly mentioned, the guy is a Pakistani whilst the girl is an Iranian), they didn't have any trouble getting married for starters, as their familys were already well acquainted with eachother due to business ventures etc. They've been married since a year now, everythings been fine and dandy until a few months ago. The girl's family ha started to interfer a lot. The guy is the only son, and the girl's parents are persistent that the guy moves away from his parents and buys a separate property.

Well, he still hasn't moved, thus the ride doesn't appear to be as smooth as they may have thought it would be.

Likewise, besides just sisters, I think the brothers should also consider these issues before choosing to marry into different ethnicitys. For example, I don't know about Iranians, but according to my Iraqi friends at Uni, some if not more,Iraqi guys choose to marry non-Iraqis, since its a hard business getting married to an Iraqi girl. The girls fathers get to pose the most awkward and personal questions i.e. your bank balance, whether u have a car, etc etc and also get to put up large sums of demands too. Contrarily, its the other way round in the Pakistani culture, yet not so much personal.

Hence, be well prepared in advance.

Edited by Malek-e-Ashtar

can u please explain what chicken tikka pakhana is??? :Hijabi:

Well 'Chicken Tikka' you may already know, the latter is a special ingredient, slightly sweet on the outside and a bit sour on the inside. You gotta try it to know, but its a must! Ideal for non-pakistanis :P

Malik e Ashtar:

Bro, please don't take me wrong, but when was the last time you visit Pak? :D

Karachi is not the second largest city of Pakistan, it is THE largest city.

It was most probably a mistake, so no problem.

When did I last go Pak? I visit every year, alhamdolilah. I guess you're right, I wasn't thinking in terms of size, although it defianatly is bigger. I just thought Islamabad is the capital city hence... although it is a tiny puny thing. Still you're right, and you aught to be, aakhir Rizvia ke hen B)

Kind regards

Malek

Edited by Malek-e-Ashtar

Well 'Chicken Tikka' you may already know, the latter is a special ingredient, slightly sweet on the outside and a bit sour on the inside. You gotta try it to know, but its a must! Ideal for non-pakistanis

ok ..... * tries not to laff too hard* pakhana is .. ummmm ... hehe ... Sh!t .,...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHh

LOOOOL HAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHA

LOL HHAHAA oh pls .. dont tell me u tasted that LOL hahahah OMG ROFL ROFL ROFL... lol hahahahhahahahahahaha

Sorryy .. ^_^ ... :Hijabi: .. :lol: HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL hahaha :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

OMGG

im sorry ..but that was just too .. much .. LOL ...

But problems arise in every marriage dont they? same culture or not, whether its a joint family or financial issues , these are minor problems once the couple have decided that they will go ahead and make their marriage successfull.

Tahereh i would advise you to ask him questions yourself about different situations like food, family, and cultural acceptance and see how you both want each other to react to these situations.

Dont base your decision on someone elses experience....but learn from their mistakes.

to whom it may concern

True said. if some one want to marry diff culture person, male or female, first visit that country in order to understad the culture and other staff, specially for man if they are getting married to diff culture woman.