Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Knowledge Of Al-ghayb (the Unseen)

Rate this topic

Fedayin

• Advanced Member

Today, when people can control clouds for rain, temperature etc. with cloud seeding, with scientific knowledge, why cannot Imam Ali (as), the possessor of knowledge of the Book, control movements of clouds etc.?

Thus the Quran says:

27:40

Said one who had knowledge of the Book: "I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of an eye!" Then when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord!- to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! and if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly my Lord is Free of all Needs, Supreme in Honour !"

When a person with some knowledge can do wonders (bring throne of Queen of Yemen to Israeel, covering 1000s of km in a second) according to Quran, why cannot a person with complete knowledge of the book do it?

13:43

And those who disbelieve say 'You are not a Messenger'. Say to them Sufficient is Allah as a witness between me and you, and so is he who possesses knowledge of the Book.

Can you tell me which Caliph possessed the knowledge of the Book with Sunni references?

Edited by Mehek

• Advanced Member
Today, when people can control clouds for rain, temperature etc. with cloud seeding, with scientific knowledge, why cannot Imam Ali (as), the possessor of knowledge of the Book, control movements of clouds etc.?

This is religion, tell me which follower of Ali today is controlling the cloud ? those who serve Bush in Iraq or Afghanistan ? I think those are who you mean because they are closer to that.

Thus the Quran says:

27:40

Said one who had knowledge of the Book: "I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of an eye!" Then when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord!- to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! and if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly my Lord is Free of all Needs, Supreme in Honour !"

the verse tells you that you are wrong.

When a person with some knowledge can do wonders (bring throne of Queen of Yemen to Israeel, covering 1000s of km in a second) according to Quran, why cannot a person with complete knowledge of the book do it?

That was not a human person, it was a Jinn and again the verse answers you.

13:43

And those who disbelieve say 'You are not a Messenger'. Say to them Sufficient is Allah as a witness between me and you, and so is he who possesses knowledge of the Book.

the knoweldge of the book is tought in every era, and as the messenger of Allah says that the knoweldge is carried in every era.

What we are talking about is not the knoweldge of the book, we are talking about the knoweldge of the unseen.

• Advanced Member
This is religion, tell me which follower of Ali today is controlling the cloud ? those who serve Bush in Iraq or Afghanistan ? I think those are who you mean because they are closer to that.

I am not talking about religion but talking about knowledge. Where did I mention religion?

the verse tells you that you are wrong.

Are you interpretor of Tafsir?

That was not a human person, it was a Jinn and again the verse answers you.

We are talking about those who have knowledge.

the knoweldge of the book is tought in every era, and as the messenger of Allah says that the knoweldge is carried in every era.

Knowledge in any year will be knowledge as truth will be truth in whatever year it maybe.

What we are talking about is not the knoweldge of the book, we are talking about the knoweldge of the unseen.

You were talking about clouds do not forget.

• Advanced Member

There are general statements in the Qur'an that only God has knowledge of the unseen...

And also there are general statements from Ahlul-Bayt (as) affirming they do not have ilm-ul-ghayb.

Having said that-

God can make exceptions for certain individual things, when and where He wants.

This is between Him and whomsoever He makes the exception for (including Ahlul-Bayt (as)).

None-the-less: Exceptions must not be confused with Generality. W/s.

Edited by forgeforth