Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Importance Of The Days

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam, inshallah everyone is well!!

I am putting together some work to encourage the youths in my community to attend/participate in islamic activities and programmes such as Dua-e-Kumayl Gatherings and Jumma prayers

I need information about the importance of the days especially thursday nights and fridays. I have some information from mafathi jinan but thats about it!

If any one can please give me more information with reference to hadiths!

thankyou in advance,

wslaams

Edited by modesty
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

I found the following information in a book I have. It just highlight briefly the importance of the few days of the week I am sure there is a more detailed review of it in another book.

Thursday:

Very good day for all type of works.

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) prayed to Allah (swt): 'O Allah make thursdays and fridays highly blessed for my followers'

It is highly desireable to call upon the graves of parents, relatives and friends on thursdays. On thursday gives charity and distribute food among the poor and needy.

Friday:

It is best day among all days. It is highly blessed.

Imam Al Baqir (as) said: 'Allah sends down His favourite angels to note down the names of people who come to pray "Friday prayers" in the masjids'

Imam Al Sadiq (as) said: 'There are two occasions when Allah positively gives answer to the supplicants:

- The time available after the 'Friday Sermon' ends and the actual Salaat begins

- In the evening of Friday before the sunset '

In the night of Friday who so calls upon Allah gets what he or she wants - Fulfilment of desires, acceptances of repentence, forgiveness of sins etc.

Saturday:

It is favourable day for all types of works, particularly for journeys, but for cutting of cloth to sew garments it is bad.

Imam Al Sadiq (as) has said: 'The one who does not eat dinner on Saturday or Sunday, consecutively loses strength and energy, equivalent to that which can be built in 40 days'

Hope this helps. . .

Wsalaams

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

I found the following information in a book I have. It just highlight briefly the importance of the few days of the week I am sure there is a more detailed review of it in another book.

Thursday:

Very good day for all type of works.

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) prayed to Allah (swt): 'O Allah make thursdays and fridays highly blessed for my followers'

It is highly desireable to call upon the graves of parents, relatives and friends on thursdays. On thursday gives charity and distribute food among the poor and needy.

Friday:

It is best day among all days. It is highly blessed.

Imam Al Baqir (as) said: 'Allah sends down His favourite angels to note down the names of people who come to pray "Friday prayers" in the masjids'

Imam Al Sadiq (as) said: 'There are two occasions when Allah positively gives answer to the supplicants:

- The time available after the 'Friday Sermon' ends and the actual Salaat begins

- In the evening of Friday before the sunset '

In the night of Friday who so calls upon Allah gets what he or she wants - Fulfilment of desires, acceptances of repentence, forgiveness of sins etc.

Saturday:

It is favourable day for all types of works, particularly for journeys, but for cutting of cloth to sew garments it is bad.

Imam Al Sadiq (as) has said: 'The one who does not eat dinner on Saturday or Sunday, consecutively loses strength and energy, equivalent to that which can be built in 40 days'

Hope this helps. . .

Wsalaams

Salaams and Thankyou A follower,

Please could you to tell me the books name and the author?

If anyone has more information please could you contribute to this topic!

Wslaams

Edited by modesty
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
Salaams and Thankyou A follower,

Please could you to tell me the books name and the author?

If anyone has more information please could you contribute to this topic!

Wslaams

(bismillah)

(salam)

You will find the quoted text in 'Call on Me, I shall answer'. It is a thick book with all the duas and supplications

Other books such as Mafaith, Ain al Hayat and Oadatol Daee has brief explanations

Hope that helps

Wsalaams

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

You will find the quoted text in 'Call on Me, I shall answer'. It is a thick book with all the duas and supplications...

(bismillah) (salam)

I think I've read that book sometime ago. It contains also a topic about the best and worst times of a day (whats the Arabic term for this?). I've been looking for a copy of the book but haven't seen it again.

Will somebody please tell where we can find this book online? What's its real title?

Thanks

ammarjasir3355

• 2 weeks later...