Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Who Was The Most Fun Loving?

Rate this topic

Zafaryab

• Advanced Member

(salam)

A story about the Prophet(saww) and Hadrat Ali(as) goes something like this.

Once the Prophet(saww) was eating dates and he use to take the pits out and put them in front of Hadrat Ali(as).. when there were lots of pits in front of Hadrat Ali(as).. the Prophet(saw).. Oh Ali.. you ate so many dates?.. and Hadrat Ali(as) replied.. yes Oh RasuulAllah(saww).. but I only ate the dates.. you ate the pits as well :)

There are many occassions where both the Prophet(saww) and Hadrat Ali(as) are shown to be 'jolly'.. there was one with Hadrat Salmaan-e-Farsi (as) as well.. My question is.. which other sahabas are considered fun loving (more focus on the caliphs).. make it a dialogue between shia and sunni so that this thread won't be moved some place else.. it would be nice if you post the events as well.. wassalaamun alaikum

• Advanced Member

(salam),

Narrated Ummatul Mu'mimeen Aishah (ra):

"I went out with the Prophet (saw) on a journey.

At that time I was a young girl and was quite slender.

The Prophet (saw) told the people, 'Go on ahead,' so they went ahead, then he said to me, 'Come, let us have a race.' So I raced with him, and I won. He let the matter rest until I had gained weight. Later, I accompanied him on another journey. He told the people, 'Go on ahead,' so they went ahead. He said to me, 'Come, let us have a race.' So I raced with him, and he won. He began to laugh, and said, 'This is for the last time you won."'

[Musnad Ahmed Ibn Hanbal]

• Advanced Member

Here is the one I mentioned about Hadrat Salmaan-e-Farsi(as)

During the time of Uhad... the Prophet(saww) sent Hadrat Ali(as) to find Umar-ibn-Abdewd(la).. he also told all the sahaba that whoever will bring the news of Hadrat Ali(as)'s victory first will get janaah.. so everyone ran out of the tent and tensely watched the battle.. Hadrat Salmaan(as) didn't move from his place and stayed beside the Prophet(saww).. the Prophet(saww) asked.. Oh Salmaan.. why didn't you go.. and he replied... Ya RasuulAllah(saww).. how can I leave the most revered man of Jannah in the greed of Jannah.. so the Prophet(saww) stayed quiet.. when Hadrat Ali(as) won the battle.. the sahaba outside started shouting.. pushing and shoving each other to get to the Prophet(saww) first.. when Hadrat Salmaan(as) saw this.. he calmly said... Ya RasuulAllah(saww).. congratulations.. Ali won the battle.. and the Prophet(saww) replied.. Oh Salman.. congratulations to you too.. you got your Janaah :)

I thought Hadrat Salman(as) was very clever.. see.. something like that.. but from among the sahaba.. wassalaamun alaikum

• Advanced Member
(salam),

The Prophet (saw) told the people, 'Go on ahead,' so they went ahead, then he said to me, 'Come, let us have a race.' So I raced with him, and I won. He let the matter rest until I had gained weight. Later, I accompanied him on another journey. He told the people, 'Go on ahead,' so they went ahead. He said to me, 'Come, let us have a race.' So I raced with him, and he won. He began to laugh, and said, 'This is for the last time you won."'

(salam)

So let me get this straight. The first time she ran, she left Islam behind her and took one too many steps ahead, and the second time she ran, she let Islam get ahead, and hence fell behind herself?

Wow, this amusing story really parallels her character alot.

Edited by Chronic

• Advanced Member

hey excellent thread keep it running

and come on guys no more sunni shia dialogue yea cut the (la) out and the no use bashing its meant to be the FUN LOVING thread keep it peaceful u can curse each other in other threads yea and the 1 about the dates and pits was halarious man i really enjoyed that

• Advanced Member
(salam),

This reminds me of a Hindi film story "kutch kutch hota hai". At first, in a basketball match Kajol beats Sharukh Khan, after some years I guess Sharukh Khan beats Kajol in the next basketball match.

:D

Without a doubt, the most fun-loving of all the Sahaba was a minor sahaba named Nu'ayman ibn 'Amr. Just read this story about him:

Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) went to do business in Busra, and with him were Nu'ayman and Suwaybit ibn Harmalah (may Allah be pleased with them), both of whom had been present at Badr. Suwaybit was in charge of food on the journey, and Nu'ayman said to him, "Feed me!"

Suwaybit said, "Not until Abu Bakr comes."..

Nu'ayman was a fun-loving man with a sense of humour, so he went to some people who had brought livestock with them, and said,

"Will you buy a sturdy Arab slave from me?"

They said, "Yes."

He said, "He has a big mouth, and he may tell you that he is a free man. If that means that you do not want to take him, then forget the matter, and do not cause trouble for me with him."

They said, "No problem, we will buy him."

So they bought him for ten young she-camels. Nu'ayman brought the animals back, and told the people: "There he is!"

Suwaybit said: "I am a free man!"

They said, "He has already told us all about you," and put a rope around his neck and led him away.

Then Abu Bakr came, and was told what had happened. He and his companions went and returned the animals and took Suwaybit back. They told the Prophet (pbuh) what had happened, and he and his Sahabah would laugh about the story for a year afterwards.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I think i remember one very funny incident involving Abu Bakr. It happened after Saqifa. Abu Bakr went home, and his father was waiting...desperately to hear the news about the discussion going on. When Abu Bakr informed his father that he is the new caliph, his father said something that I found to be hillarious. This is what his father said "If they made you a caliph...then probably I should have gone so they could made me too" I think his father said in an even funnier way

• Veteran Member

actually some of the most fun loving and "party animal" kinda sahaba were also the worst ones ...so I dont see the point of this thread...

like walid b uqbah who lived like a rock star ...surely there are many funny incidents from his life

• Advanced Member
actually some of the most fun loving and "party animal" kinda sahaba were also the worst ones ...so I dont see the point of this thread...

like walid b uqbah who lived like a rock star ...surely there are many funny incidents from his life

whats "party animal" ?