Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Mother-in-laws

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam,

I think she is a really nice person, a loving mother who would do everything to make her children happy, yet she doesnt get jealous of me taking her favourite son to become mine, lol (or maybe she does?? :Hijabi:)

I am so grateful I have such a great mother in law, and shes a really sincere person mashallah, she also loves her grandson very much.. :wub: :wub: I love her like shes my own mother :D

• Advanced Member

Inshallah when I do get married...i think I'd like to have a mother-in-law...(someone who can TRY and have the role your mother once had)..so she's be there to teach me and correct my mistakes and help me adjust and get to know her son's personality better...so that I can be the perfect wife :wub: :blush: :angel: :D

• Advanced Member
ok guys and girls

this is going to be little funny

but i really wanna know what you people think about hving a mother in law or if u have one how is she

i am not married but i know one thing.....to be honest.....i dont like my expected mother-in-law.

• Advanced Member

It is like any other person - depends on their character. Nobody should be labelled. One could say daughter-in-law and see the responce then. In both cases both are women are they not? A daughter-in-law today a Mother-in-law tomorrow. What goes around comes around.

I personally do not know yet as not married, but I hope she is nice as I intend to be nice too. Life is v short and it is not worth wasting time hating and troubling someone else, just like i would not want my future husband to be unkind to my mother either so why should I do the same. However if she does not like me I shall have patience and try to reson with her, but should it not work then I will keep my distance. Better than being bad aswell and committing sin/dhanb.

Live and let live!

Also in most cases one can judge the character of ones mother-in-law by seeing the Akhlaq of their spouse - a good woman will raise her children like herself, and her son will be good to his wife because of his mother's examples... Just becomes a shame when the son marries and the daughter-in-law repays it with trouble and distancing son from mother; should the mother not have given any Akhlaq to her son then the daughter-in-law would have been in a right shock. However it is human nature to take advantage. Forgetting their turn will come too ie her own children are learning aswell but this time her deeds - bad ones.

The same goes for an ill-mannered woman who has ill-bred her son and then married him off to a good girl either expecting the daughter-in-law to change her son or tolerate their misbehaviors. It is v unfair on the girl and a shame on the in-laws.

Edited by Mahdiyah
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

If you take the letters of the phrase "mother in law" and rearrange them, you will find that you can make "woman hitler."

Self explanatory.

I truly do hope that I get one of the 0.005% of nice mother in laws. I've heard enough horror stories to write a novel longer than Harry Potter. :dry:

• Advanced Member
(salam)

If you take the letters of the phrase "mother in law" and rearrange them, you will find that you can make "woman hitler."

Self explanatory.

nice translation of this word, woman hilter..... hope you are saved from any "hilter" in your life.

for me, it seems that your translation is right. i am not married yet but i know lot of these charters in real life.

Edited by imranali
  • Advanced Member
I find it unbelievable to hear that some people actually have nice mother in laws....do u live in this world?

hi rida.

i m seeing you after a looooooong time! where have you been?

my mil is nice, sincere, and generally loves me, prays for me , helps me with house chores etc.

However she does have some expectations from me, (also because she s a widow, and loves her eldest son to death,) and the biggest includes including her advice in everything i do. I used to have a lot of problem with that, as i believe in "live and let live" ....i didnt think it s necessary to ask her permission in everything, but sigh! thats her way of thinknig, she thinks if i dojnt do that i am disrespecting her.

She is not here with me right now, which makes things very easy, but when she comes back to stay with us permanently, i hope i can live up to her expectations. i have given it a lot of thought, and finally have come to a conclusion, that because genreally she s nice, and loves me as such, treats me very nicely, i can do this much that i ask her before i do anything like going out and such....It will be hard, i m not used to it, nor do i think i HAVE to do it, after all its my life, but i ll do it for my husbands sake. Maybe with time, things will change.....hmm...

also because i am a doctor in the U.S., starting my new job soon, i do have a life of my own anyway, so i guess i am independent in a lot of stuff anyway, including my finances, so doing this much little thing wont make that big a difference...

Edited by rida zahra
  • Advanced Member

I think it is so cool to have a mother-in-law! mine is great! I love her! She wouldn't interfere and if she gives her opinion she makes it very clear that its just an advice and we don't shouldnt feel obliged to follow it.

In my culture you dont have to live with your husband's family, instead you get your own house and the two of you live on your own. I believe its rather difficult to live with some1 else under the same roof especially when ur trying to build your family from scratch and you want to do it your way. No matter how much I love my in-laws, I can't bear living in the same house and, in turn, losing the sense of independence and freedom that my huby and I should experience.

• Advanced Member
I find it unbelievable to hear that some people actually have nice mother in laws....do u live in this world?

(salam)

:!!!:

I have a wonderful amazing mother-in-law and also father-in-law. She just love me. She treats me like i am her daughter. Sometimes i think she loves me more than her son (my husband). She treats me like a princess. They get worried/sad if I am unhappy/sad. She remembers my birthday, our aniversarry, if she buys something for her, she always buy something for me. I am really humbled and amazed that there are such ppl in the world today.

My husband always complain that his parents like me to much. He said "They are always asking about you all the time". Sometimes, I am scarred I will do or say things that will diminish my personality /Character in their eyes. :huh: I think the only way I can repay their kindness and goodness is by being good to my husband.

Edited by Zareen
  • Basic Members
ok guys and girls

but i really wanna know what you people think about hving a mother in law or if u have one how is she

A necessary evil.

ok guys and girls

Correction.... sometimes I suppose even a mother in law can be used

• Advanced Member

^

(salam)

Not that rare. Mine is also a believer ^_^ .

My mother-in-law is wonderful, loving, and beautiful; and I see where my husband gets it. She had four boys and no girls; and has come to think of me as her daughter, in word and action. My mom passed away when I was very young, and I have all brothers; and I have come to think and rely upon my mother-in-law as if she were my own mum. MashaAllah and alhamdulillah for this blessing and mercy. In short: she's grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeaaaaat! (Tony the Tiger style ^_^ )

• Advanced Member
I think it is so cool to have a mother-in-law! mine is great! I love her! She wouldn't interfere and if she gives her opinion she makes it very clear that its just an advice and we don't shouldnt feel obliged to follow it.

In my culture you dont have to live with your husband's family, instead you get your own house and the two of you live on your own. I believe its rather difficult to live with some1 else under the same roof especially when ur trying to build your family from scratch and you want to do it your way. No matter how much I love my in-laws, I can't bear living in the same house and, in turn, losing the sense of independence and freedom that my huby and I should experience.

yes, culture makes a lot of difference. like in our culture, mothers in laws do have certain expectations from their dil's, no matter how much they love them. I guess it also depends a lot on your own personality. some mils in my culture also give their dils a lot of independence, but still, the best dil is considered the one who is obedient.

Compared to what some other girls have to go through in our culture regarding their in laws, i m literally in paradise, therefore, i guessif i m complaining that my mil expects her advice in everything, i m being ungrateful.

Also, personally, i dont think a mil who is a widow should be left alone, in any culture, unless its her preference. Mine is, and my husband is the eldest and her most loved son, so i d be evil if i say i dont want to live with her.

• 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

Some mother in laws compare their DIL with their own daughters and they expect them to be like them. So if the DIL is better than her own daughters like in study etc she the MIL will not like her DIL that much and will probably try to put her down. Sometimes the daughter in laws can cause problems in the family its not only the mother in law.

Ws

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Power Of 786

Mine is an Angel :angel:

Shes so sweeeeet and loving and caring! And she has the same lectures to give my hubby which i always have!! Its like she knows what i have to say! Shes not a mother in law to me, shes like my own mother! And i love her and will love her as people love thier own mothers!

May Allah give her a long happy life!

The whole family is a sweetheart! :wub: