Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Hassoon

Leaving The Uk For The Gulf

Rate this topic

Salams

There have been several attacks against Islam by the media over the last month. It has got to the point where I am now seriously considering leaving this country and going to somewhere in the middle east. Perhaps UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar.

I think that the government in this country has given us little choice and it seems it wants to attack Muslims until they all leave.

What are your views?

Salams

There have been several attacks against Islam by the media over the last month. It has got to the point where I am now seriously considering leaving this country and going to somewhere in the middle east. Perhaps UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar.

I think that the government in this country has given us little choice and it seems it wants to attack Muslims until they all leave.

What are your views?

I'm off to Iran on business in a couple of weeks. Its been two years since I last visited. I love the country and its people but, as someone who is not a Muslim, and who actually disagrees with Islam, I wouldn't dream of living there even if I could.

I really can't understand how the Muslims on this Forum can bare to live in Europe when you hate our culture, our values, our Governments and our laws.

Be true to yourself. Go to a Muslim country. Take your education, your intellect and your willingnrss to work hard and contribute there. Make your new home a better, more Islamic place. You'll be happier. Everyone will.

After years of meddling with the idea of 'Multiculturalism' Europe is waking up to the fact that it can't tolerate Islam. Call it a clash of cultures or civilizations or whatever, but it aint working.

That's why you're miserable here. Do the right thing.

Be brave. Go.

I'm off to Iran on business in a couple of weeks. Its been two years since I last visited. I love the country and its people but, as someone who is not a Muslim, and who actually disagrees with Islam, I wouldn't dream of living there even if I could.

I really can't understand how the Muslims on this Forum can bare to live in Europe when you hate our culture, our values, our Governments and our laws.

Be true to yourself. Go to a Muslim country. Take your education, your intellect and your willingnrss to work hard and contribute there. Make your new home a better, more Islamic place. You'll be happier. Everyone will.

After years of meddling with the idea of 'Multiculturalism' Europe is waking up to the fact that it can't tolerate Islam. Call it a clash of cultures or civilizations or whatever, but it aint working.

Be brave. Go.

sallams

we're not leaving that easily..

(salam)

its not like there is not trouble in the middle east , if you dont get urself involveed with their inner country politics you are safe , if so , then id say bahrain

Guest DjibrilCisse

There is no place for hatred in Islam.

Anyhow, in the near future Muslims will form a sizeable minority in Europe, and in the long run Islam could be the most followed religion considering that the current European generation is largely atheist.

Salams

What are your views?

From what I've heard from my family:

There is open discrimination against Shia in Qatar - no freedom of speech - you need to be VERY careful what you say - or you're quickly kicked out - visa denied. Citizenship is not open to application. Try getting work permission for a meaningful job. Iranians can go to school there, but professional positions are really not open to them. This discrimination is more hidden in UAE, but it is there.

It is easier in Bahrain, but the pay is less.

In terms of freedom of choices, you are far better off in UK. There is a reason people leave the ME for Europe and America.

Edited by Maryaam

(salam)

The grass being greener? Each country has it's share of problems. Research further then decide. It could be moving to the ME will be the best decision you can make. Then again... maybe not!

Wa'Salaam

There is no place for hatred in Islam.

(salam) There is no place for hatred in Islam, but there is a lot of hatred expressed toward others with different cultures, ideologies, opinions, - even race (lots of anti-white comments that are fully accepted) etc. on this forum. I find a lot of the comments are hateful and embarrassing to me as a Muslim.

Edited by Maryaam

Be brave. Go.

I really wish you would stop posting in my threads. If you had the smallest amount of reason and respect for others I would not mind. But you have repeatedly proven yourself to be the lowest of the low. You find it hard to listen to people who are able to prove your backwards mentality wrong.

The reason I am in this country now is because the "muslim" country i am originally from did not allow people to practice their faith. They killed millions of people because they were religious. The same goes for most "muslim" countries. I have been in the UK all my life, and get on with everybody at work, uni etc fine. I give my neighbours xmas cards and gifts and help organise events which are for the benefit of the society here e.g. Blood donations, orphan events, supporting the homeless. However, the media is turning the people against Mulsims.

Backwards people like yourself are the ones who are at the heart of the problem. They look at the way some Muslims are and demonise all muslims. People like you are the same infact worse than the people who influence the BBC when it gives Israeli Terrorism the title of "premptive strikes" and then accuses hezbollah of terrorism. It is you people who chase something materialistic things and want to be like these animals: bush, blair, bin laden. You possess no moderation whatsoever.

The fact is people like you are deeply envious of people like ahmedinijad because they are humble and not arrogant like yourself. May God guide you deviant soul.

Oh and its about time you looked at Islam and not Muslims.

There was a time when christians wages wars in the name of their religion. Obviously people like you are too blind to realise that. Similarly with other religions: pagans, hindus, seekhs etc. All have had violent and backwards histories. Just because people claim to be of a faith it does not mean they follow it. Still I doubt you will ever remove the seal that is on your heart.

I really wish you would stop posting in my threads. If you had the smallest amount of reason and respect for others I would not mind. But you have repeatedly proven yourself to be the lowest of the low. You find it hard to listen to people who are able to prove your backwards mentality wrong.

The reason I am in this country now is because the "muslim" country i am originally from did not allow people to practice their faith. They killed millions of people because they were religious. The same goes for most "muslim" countries. I have been in the UK all my life, and get on with everybody at work, uni etc fine. I give my neighbours xmas cards and gifts and help organise events which are for the benefit of the society here e.g. Blood donations, orphan events, supporting the homeless. However, the media is turning the people against Mulsims.

Backwards people like yourself are the ones who are at the heart of the problem. They look at the way some Muslims are and demonise all muslims. People like you are the same infact worse than the people who influence the BBC when it gives Israeli Terrorism the title of "premptive strikes" and then accuses hezbollah of terrorism. It is you people who chase something materialistic things and want to be like these animals: bush, blair, bin laden. You possess no moderation whatsoever.

The fact is people like you are deeply envious of people like ahmedinijad because they are humble and not arrogant like yourself. May God guide you deviant soul.

There was a time when christians wages wars in the name of their religion. Obviously people like you are too blind to realise that. Similarly with other religions: pagans, hindus, seekhs etc. All have had violent and backwards histories. Just because people claim to be of a faith it does not mean they follow it. Still I doubt you will ever remove the seal that is on your heart.

Seriously, I really do admire what you're thinking of doing. I myself plan to move to Iran once I finish my degree in Politics or International Relations (Inshallah). I totally get what you mean, I myself was born in England (Hammersmith, brap zoop zoop) my mother was born in England, and even my grandparents can speak fluent English (better than most English people actually). I feel like a Londoner, and love the country that I grew up in. However, it's not the same country I grew up in, or even the same one it was 5 years ago. Small things like taking a train journey with people staring at my Zulfikar chain, or hearing students at college saying stupid and naive things about Islam and Muslims, and big things like having a hard time finding a part-time job because my name doesn't look too good on a CV. The Times, The Daily Mail and The Daily Express have capitalised on July 7th and turned most Brits into conservative automatons.

The reason you're so miserable about things is because you know that people like me "who are at the heart of the problem" form a growing majority in Britain.

You've read the opinion polls. You've heard our politicians. You've read our newpapers. We just don't think your culture is compatable with ours.

Sikhs do just great here, Hindus and Jews thrive. Many different religious groups fit in and contribute, yet for some reason, and in Europe certainly, Muslims just don't seem to get it.

I have nothing against Muslims. As I said, I'm off to Iran soon and I'm looking forward to seeing my Muslim friends there.

However, I don't want to see a continuing rise in the Far-Right here in the way we are seeing in Denmark, Belguim, France and even Holland. The attitude and behaviour of Muslims is the number one cause for the rise of the Far-Right. The Fascists have a lot to thank you for.

The question you should ask is why, even a Muslim Utopia like Iran, can't tempt Muslims to live there.

If I chose to live in Iran, I'm sure I would become as self-pitying, jealous, resentful, angry, and aggressive as the Muslims who live here.

Why do you all want to live in the Islamophobic and decadent West?

Can I ask you something Rezz?

Were you this vocally hateful of Muslims before 11/9? What negative impact did Muslims have on Britain before the whole "terrorism" thing kicked off?

I ask this because so far you seem awfully similar to the idiots who claimed that Afro-Caribbeans and West Indians were responsible for all the crime in England during the 1980s.

Lot To Consider.

1) Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. - Staying and helping Islam grow - taking the message to the other people would be the best to do.

2) In western onslaught against Islam, middle-east countries will be the main targets - They (the west) will not let people live in peace there.

3) There is going to be bloodshed all over the world it will reach up to the head while in Qum it will hardly reach the sole of the feet - in that case going to middle east is pointless unless you can invest in many countries and continue moving from one country to another. - that's assuming that the bloodshed don't happen every where all at once.

4) How much will a person have to keep running - You get old and tired once and you will have to stop running and face the inevitable.

5) Our life is in the hands of Allah (SWT). Death will seek us out if we run to the top of the mountains or hide in the caves --- so what's the use? We can only run from persecutions. It would be better to build unity and get better organised here.

6) We have only some 50-60 years of pain before the advent of Imam Mehdi - I believe so.

Edited by Ali Fazel

(salam)

(bismillah)

I'm Canadian and the situation here is not nearly as bad as it is described as in Europe and the US. Most Canadians are very accepting of immigrants and multiculturalism is part of our national identity.

(salam)

(bismillah)

I'm Canadian and the situation here is not nearly as bad as it is described as in Europe and the US. Most Canadians are very accepting of immigrants and multiculturalism is part of our national identity.

(salam) I agree. I come to Canada for school and never had feeling of being unwelcome or unsafe - I felt unsafe, in Europe when by myself. I lived in Toronto and now in Vancouver. I really like Vancouver a- but probably because I am older and allowed to go out more now. There are many, many people from all over the world, especially from Asia, and people seem to get along and appreciate each other.

Edited by Maryaam

it's different in the UK because the perception is there are too many muslims. it's the same with mexicans here in the US. we have other illegal immigrants who don't speak english or become "american" right away, chinese for example. but there aren't ten zillion of them.

and aren't there too many muslims in europe? not in the sens of the religion itself, but too many immigrants? it's hard to argue that islam is a rational culture when everyone is leaving the islamic countries. doesn't pass the smell test.

it's different in the UK because the perception is there are too many muslims. it's the same with mexicans here in the US. we have other illegal immigrants who don't speak english or become "american" right away, chinese for example. but there aren't ten zillion of them.

and aren't there too many muslims in europe? not in the sens of the religion itself, but too many immigrants? it's hard to argue that islam is a rational culture when everyone is leaving the islamic countries. doesn't pass the smell test.

Most immigrants in the UK are from Eastern European countries that are now member of the EU, such as Poland and pretty soon Romania. There isn't really a Muslim immigration problem in Europe, it's more a problem due to EU enlargement and people swapping countries.

okay, so the problem is not ONLY muslims but they are part of the larger issue of excessive immigration. the US really only has one country where we get immigrants in massive numbers from Mexico.

I don't know what's going on in all these countries. my grandmother is polish, she went back to poland for a minute and came right back. they all wanted to go with her back to the US. she said they had a dirt floor.

The reason you're so miserable about things is because you know that people like me "who are at the heart of the problem" form a growing majority in Britain.

You've read the opinion polls. You've heard our politicians. You've read our newpapers. We just don't think your culture is compatable with ours.

Sikhs do just great here, Hindus and Jews thrive. Many different religious groups fit in and contribute, yet for some reason, and in Europe certainly, Muslims just don't seem to get it.

I have nothing against Muslims. As I said, I'm off to Iran soon and I'm looking forward to seeing my Muslim friends there.

However, I don't want to see a continuing rise in the Far-Right here in the way we are seeing in Denmark, Belguim, France and even Holland. The attitude and behaviour of Muslims is the number one cause for the rise of the Far-Right. The Fascists have a lot to thank you for.

The question you should ask is why, even a Muslim Utopia like Iran, can't tempt Muslims to live there.

If I chose to live in Iran, I'm sure I would become as self-pitying, jealous, resentful, angry, and aggressive as the Muslims who live here.

Why do you all want to live in the Islamophobic and decadent West?

you are what we call in west scum of the earth

red neck white trash reject retard. :angry:

I find this thread really interesting because one of my parents is British and the other American. I was born and raised in the US. I recently converted to Islam, alhamdullilah.

I made 2 trips to England in the last 2 years before I converted and saw first hand from my family their dislike of Muslims in the UK. It is not so much that they are Muslim...but the cultural differences that they are bring into the country. I think it is a lot like the US in the early 1900's when the Irish and Italians were not very well liked because they came in speaking differently and taking the jobs that nobody wanted to do but had to be done.

Plus, my family told stories of how pork was no longer served in schools and they couldn't have pictures of pigs up in the class room. I have no idea if this is true or not, but these are the types of ideas that are being circulated. Add that to the fact that Britian has a social system that is being sucked dry not only by Muslims but a lot of other countries in the EU. Many immigrants are "on the dole" (receiving welfare), take up the public housing and are taxing the health care system. It is very hard for the people who can trace their family heritage back centuries to see it all being eroded away. I imagine it would be the same way if Christians started moving to an Islamic country in masses. The whole way of life is being changed and that is scary to many people.

Living in the US and seeing many different types of immigrants, I know how they feel. I think it is intolerance on both sides of the issue. Intolerance by the immigrants to not assimilate themselves in the country and culture that they move to, not learning the language and trying to make it like their homeland. It is also intolerance by the natives of the country because they don't understand what is new to them, are afraid they are going to be pushed out and see their homeland deterioriating.

Be brave. Go.

I think that your scared that Islam will overtake Europe, I think the officials in Europe are scared as well and that is why they are teaching you the ridiculous things that you are saying. Islam is on the move, its coming, your just going to have to get used to it, or maybe become Muslim.

if islam is so great why do you need to move to christian countries? doesn't it say alot about islam that islamic countries have no immigrants and christian nations have billions of them?

if islam is so great why do you need to move to christian countries? doesn't it say alot about islam that islamic countries have no immigrants and christian nations have billions of them?

What a complete and utter lot of nonsense. Do you even have a brain?

What does it say about Islam and Islamic countries? It says nothing! There are no Islamic countries in this world and Islam is rarely practised. It does say something about the state of "Muslims" and "Muslim countries" though. As for immigrants:

UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi all have large populations of Americans, Brits, Candians, French etc. And those immigrants are treated better than pretty much everybody else.

Also we dont need more immigrants in our country, there are already 1000s of occupying forces.

UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi all have large populations of Americans, Brits, Candians, French etc. And those immigrants are treated better than pretty much everybody else.

(salam)

I dont know why you think that. It is not true.

Those people, you mention, who work in those countries are not immigrants, and do not receive the many benefits given to the native Arab population. They do not have residential status and are not welcomed or have the opportunity to have permanent staus. They cannot purchase property. They are on work visas or student visas - both of which can be pulled without notice. However, at least these people are given contracts and are paid fairly - only because of their training and expertise (received and paid for in western countries) - not because of any generousity or kindness - if their skill is no longer needed - they are not renewed.

However, others are not treated that well. People from 3rd world countries (eg. Muslims from India, Pakistan) are brought in to do the jobs others dont want to do (manual jobs usually) -they are openly discriminated against (job postings, appartments, etc. often ask for certain ethnicities or worse say who shouldnt apply) and they have few rights. They work hard for poor pay and are openly accepted and consequently treated as a member of the lower (loser) class.

Sometimes they are not even paid for work done and have no money to fight it in the court. So they sign false papers saying they were treated well so that they can get a fraction of what is owed to them.

It is not the same as the west. There are no laws that people (outsiders) need to be fed, given health care or shelter. There is no provided education or language training. They are given nothing for free (ie paid for by the people of the country) or as a matter of rights as a human being (as they would be given if they immigrated to the west).

Quality of life can be much lower than in the UK - you are taking for granted what is given to you. You need to investigate thoroughly or visit to see how many of the ME countries operate - and what you could expect based on your education or your ethnicity. Also, Shia often have a hard time getting a continuing visa in these "Muslim" countries.

Edited by Maryaam

This is surprising 'cuz a few days back i read about a poll that showed that the situation isn't as bad as its made out to be.

Straw�s views get narrow backing

By Julian Glover

WIDESPREAD public acceptance of Britain�s Muslim community runs alongside fears about the development of a divided society, according to a Guardian/ICM poll published on Saturday. It reveals that voters want Muslims to do more to integrate themselves into mainstream culture.

The poll, carried out in the wake of Jack Straw�s criticism of the full veil worn by some Muslim women, shows voters take a largely relaxed view of British Muslims, despite fears among some community leaders and politicians about social polarisation.

Britain may even be growing more tolerant, with young voters generally more supportive of Muslim opinion than older ones. But the poll also shows that tolerance is set against a clear belief that integration has not yet gone far enough. Only 22 per cent of voters think that British Muslims have done all they need to in order to fit into mainstream society.

read the full article here:

Straw�s views get narrow backing

Edited by farwa

(salam)

I dont know why you think that. It is not true.

Those people, you mention, who work in those countries are not immigrants, and do not receive the many benefits given to the native Arab population. They do not have residential status and are not welcomed or have the opportunity to have permanent staus. They cannot purchase property. They are on work visas or student visas - both of which can be pulled without notice. However, at least these people are given contracts and are paid fairly - only because of their training and expertise (received and paid for in western countries) - not because of any generousity or kindness - if their skill is no longer needed - they are not renewed.

However, others are not treated that well. People from 3rd world countries (eg. Muslims from India, Pakistan) are brought in to do the jobs others dont want to do (manual jobs usually) -they are openly discriminated against (job postings, appartments, etc. often ask for certain ethnicities or worse say who shouldnt apply) and they have few rights. They work hard for poor pay and are openly accepted and consequently treated as a member of the lower (loser) class.

Sometimes they are not even paid for work done and have no money to fight it in the court. So they sign false papers saying they were treated well so that they can get a fraction of what is owed to them.

It is not the same as the west. There are no laws that people (outsiders) need to be fed, given health care or shelter. There is no provided education or language training. They are given nothing for free (ie paid for by the people of the country) or as a matter of rights as a human being (as they would be given if they immigrated to the west).

Quality of life can be much lower than in the UK - you are taking for granted what is given to you. You need to investigate thoroughly or visit to see how many of the ME countries operate - and what you could expect based on your education or your ethnicity. Also, Shia often have a hard time getting a continuing visa in these "Muslim" countries.

Thank you for being honest about the rights that the lower class foreigners "enjoy" in the Gulf states.... especially the domestic workers (i.e. women).

Thank you for being honest about the rights that the lower class foreigners "enjoy" in the Gulf states.... especially the domestic workers (i.e. women).

(salam)

Actually, I was thinking about the male labourers who work outside on building projects or in the backs of restaurants, etc - you see them working and riding their bicycles in 40 - 50 degrees Celcius (I dont know the fahrenheit) heat.

They leave their country to make money to send home. Their jobs are really hard and in a very bad climate of high heat. But the female domestic maids are also paid very little and have additional problems that I have heard of but do not see so I should not say. But both are treated like lower people - much lower.

My intention was to say that no outsider can get citizenship or the benefits of citizenship as you can in the western countries. People who complain about what they have or have not (and want to move to "better" places) assume a lot of things because they live in countries where it is common place and it is accepted as normal for the whole world - but I know it isnt normal for ME countries - even very rich ones.

Edited by Maryaam