Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Cursing Ayesha........ Isit Right?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

halo , dont wouldnt u look up to be like Imam Ali (as) which u cant but its an inspiration

now again , source for ur quote unless you dont have one which you dont

and also if Imam Ali (as) did not curse , Neither did the Prophet (pbuh) what gives you the permission ? now now dont tell me try to do half the things they did, we allready do most of the things they told us to do , and taught us , but they didnt teach us to curse , as i said

either it wasnt allowed , or theres a reason for it ....

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly bro yousif.

its people like bro halo who give the shia a negative perception amongst sunnis.bro halo stop cursing those that the prophet (pbuh) loved and even other sensible shia agree ali (ra) didnt curse any sahabah (ra)

so why do you curse the sahabah (ra) when ali (ra) didnt?? and you pretend to follow ali (ra).

but then you are not shia after all . YOU ARE A SUNNI WINDING EVERYONE UP HERE.

• Advanced Member

WoW. Dont people have better things than discussing cursing the prophet's wife? If Ali (as) released her after her revolt and let her go, so we all should let her issue go.

In these days of the remembrance of the shahadat of Imam Ali (as),we should instead be giving alms like he did, spreading justice like he did, supporting the rights of the weak like he did, feeding the hungry like he did, taking care of family friends and neighbors like he did, looking out for the under-priviledge, orphans, widows, poor etc. like he did. ETC.

Thats what we need to be doing, rather than the cursing of Ayesha.

Whatever her wrongs.. he let her go because of her status as prophet's wife.. so her judgement is with Allah (swt) and not with us. All we can say is that she did wrong in rebelling against the just Islamic government, thus leading to much innocent spilling of muslim blood and much fitna (strife) against the muslims, and weakening the state. So we identify her wrongs.. but no need to curse. Let her go.. And instead let us do the important things like feeding the poor, etc.

Was-salaam.

• Advanced Member
exactly bro yousif.

its people like bro halo who give the shia a negative perception amongst sunnis.bro halo stop cursing those that the prophet (pbuh) loved and even other sensible shia agree ali (ra) didnt curse any sahabah (ra)

so why do you curse the sahabah (ra) when ali (ra) didnt?? and you pretend to follow ali (ra).

but then you are not shia after all . YOU ARE A SUNNI WINDING EVERYONE UP HERE.

Buddy, (salam)

Tabarra is the part of our religion and it is in Faroh e Din (besides Namaz, Roza etc) it is wajib on every shia to love those who love Muhammad & Aley Muhammad (i.e Ali, Fatima, Hasan and Hussain a.s.) and curse/dislike Alay Muhammad enemies In Dua e Nudba it is very clearly mention that

Of Whomsoever I am the Mawlaa (Lord, Master (pbuh) ) Ali (as) is his Mawlaa. O Allah! be a friend of him who is a friend of him, be an enemy of him who is an enemy of him, help that man who helps him, forsake that man who forsakes him" and said: "Of whosoever I am the Prophet (pbuh) Ali (as) is his Chief."

We curse only those who tried their level best to hurt (physically, emotionally) Ahely e Bait (as) (as) {Family or Prophet Muhammad} like we praise friends of Aley Muhammad (Salman e Farsi, Abu Zar Ghaffari, Miqdad) (ra)

It is up to an individual what he/she wants to do in his/her life like there are dozens of Muslims folks around you who don’t recite Namaz regularly but It doesn’t mean that namaz is not wajib on everyday on 'em. Muhammad e Mustafa (sww) (pbuh) has completed his duty as messenger on the day of Ghadeer. Din has completed on that day and available since that day for everyone to follow now its up to us how much we want to follow. We can’t stop anyone to curse enemies of Muhammad e Mustafa (pbuh) in the same way we can’t force anyone to curse enemies.

There is no Jabar (forcefulness/ pressure) in Islam that is beauty of our religion.

2c) Cursing of the 3 "Caliphs" (Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman by name or number) as well as Sunni scholars is strictly prohibited.

Edited by The Patri0t
Guest blessedflower
Buddy, (salam)

Tabarra is the part of our religion and it is in Faroh e Din (besides Namaz, Roza etc) it is wajib on every shia to love those who love Muhammad & Aley Muhammad (i.e Ali, Fatima, Hasan and Hussain a.s.) and curse/dislike Alay Muhammad enemies In Dua e Nudba it is very clearly mention that

Of Whomsoever I am the Mawlaa (Lord, Master (pbuh) ) Ali (as) is his Mawlaa. O Allah! be a friend of him who is a friend of him, be an enemy of him who is an enemy of him, help that man who helps him, forsake that man who forsakes him" and said: "Of whosoever I am the Prophet (pbuh) Ali (as) is his Chief."

We curse only those who tried their level best to hurt (physically, emotionally) Ahely e Bait (as) (as) {Family or Prophet Muhammad} like we praise friends of Aley Muhammad (Salman e Farsi, Abu Zar Ghaffari, Miqdad) (ra)

It is up to an individual what he/she wants to do in his/her life like there are dozens of Muslims folks around you who don’t recite Namaz regularly but It doesn’t mean that namaz is not wajib on everyday on 'em. Muhammad e Mustafa (sww) (pbuh) has completed his duty as messenger on the day of Ghadeer. Din has completed on that day and available since that day for everyone to follow now its up to us how much we want to follow. We can’t stop anyone to curse enemies of Muhammad e Mustafa (pbuh) in the same way we can’t force anyone to curse enemies.

There is no Jabar (forcefulness/ pressure) in Islam that is beauty of our religion.

2c) Cursing of the 3 "Caliphs" (Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman by name or number) as well as Sunni scholars is strictly prohibited.

(bismillah) (salam)

U GO BROTHER!

For clarifying the issue of TABARRAH. Much too many people today take it ever so easily!

Edited by The Patri0t
  • Advanced Member

Okay wait.

Tabarrah is part of our faith, you are correct. But what is Tabarrah?

In Shi'i fiqh we have to go to through legitimate sources.

1. The Qur'an,

2. the Hadith and Sunnah, and

3. the legitimate representatives of our Imam Mahdi (as).

Is Tabarrah as the Qur'an says, "renouncing" those that are against Allah and the Ahlul Bayt (as)?

Is Tabarrah as the Imams have shown the highlighting the character of the Nasibi (those that Hate the Ahlul Baut (as)) and then praying for Allah's La'an (curse) on them?

Is Tabarrah as some Alims suggest distancing yourself from those that hate the Ahlul Bayt (as)?

Or from an external source, is Tabarrah the vial act of reenacting the sexual orientation of some of the Nasibis?

So tell me, what is Tabarrah? because I have seen "Tabarrah" in all of these forms. Surely one of these forms is not the Tabarrah of the School of Ahlul Bayt (as).

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

Although it is very true and undeniable that Aisha made many sins and mistakes and disobeyed the Prophet(S) and the very Quran, and hence Allah. Still, she is officially Ummul-Mumeneen. Given that, I do not believe we should curse her. Rather, we should say, given the evidence (and we must be fully aware of it), we can conclude she was wrong in her actions and Allah will judge her, as He is the All-Just. Enough said; sometimes, one needs to be sagacious and control their emotions.

• Advanced Member

Salaam.

If Muslimim can curse Hind, Jaedah, Qutaan and Marjaanah then why should Aishah be spared as far as history is concerned Aishah and Hafsah also committed sins against humanity and the Ahl al-Bayt (as) aswell, but because she was a Um al-Muminin we should refrain from openly cursing her due to respect of Rasuwlallah (pbuh), just like Imam Ali (as) gave an excellent example in the Battle of Jamal. Even thought Aishah intended to murder Imam Ali (as), caused the death of 25000 Muslim men and disobeyed Rasuwlallah (pbuh), Mawla Ali (as) still sent her back home with Hijaab that she herself took off. Anyways Um al-Muminin does not mean Masuwm or Imam, Aishah was still a human like us all and we will all be judged according to our deeds and action. I cannot understand why Muslimin curse Abu-Jahl, Abu-Lahab, Muawiyah, Yazid and Shimr plus the other maluwn that harmed our holy Prophet (pbuh) and our Aimmah (as) yet hesitate with the Murderers of Sayidah Fatimah (as) the only daughter of Rasuwlallah (pbuh), let alone those jaahil people that claim they take the place of the holy Prophet (pbuh) himself. I personally do not see the problem with cursing Aishah just like I do with the other oppressors on earth. Infact as a wife of Rasuwlallah (pbuh) she should have known better and if she had obeyed the holy Prophet (pbuh) we would be praising her instead like Hadrah Khadijah al-Kubra, Safiyah, Um-Habibah, Um-Salamah and Maryam al-Qubtiyah (Marya the Copt).

Edited by Mahdiyah
Buddy, (salam)

yeah bro. the sahabah (ra) were not enemies of the ahleibait (ra) but infact were they were the most dearest to them like ive said before those that curse aisha (ra) infact are cursing the prophet (pbuh) as the prophet (pbuh) himself said "those who love my sahabah does so out of his love for me and whoever hates them. hates them because of his hatred for them"

also remember that ali (ra) named his sons abu bakr, umar and usman. now dont tell me that ali (ra) named his sons after other people with the same names as the first three caliph. it s got to be a massive coincidence ali (ra) named his sons the same names as the first three caliphs in the correct order. think about it logically you are not going to names your sons after your enemies and then adopt the son of your enemy as ali (ra) did with muhammad bin abu bakr. plus the descendents of hussain (ra) married those of abu bakr (ra).

so bro faqir in other words stop cursing the sahabah (ra)

Edited by The Patri0t
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

"UMAR YOU TERRORIST, I WILL SEND THE UNITED STATES ARMY TO BLOW YOU AND YOUR FAMILY OF TERRORIST INTO THE STONE AGE IF YOU CONTINUE."

Bro halo, please calm down!..wtf..

Ad as for everyone else I think we shud all just take the advice of bro bahadur singh :

"Shi'a knights here is your mission: go out, seek and seduce as many Aishas as you can! Bring them back to Ahl ul Bayt , marry them and make sure they change their name. I bet you there are enough Aishas out there who would love to make their Sunni parents angry by marrying a Shi'a!!!

So losen up those black shirts, let the silver zulfiqars on your chest shine, have the killer look and make us proud! The more Aishas become Shi'a the less Sunnis there will be and the angrier they will get! And see it this way: if your fighting Aisha you might as well enjoy it!

Code name for the mission: "Aisha , Aisha écoute moi!!!"

Make us proud!!!"

:lol:

Can u all just out of respect for the holy month of ramadhan let topics like these rest!!

• Advanced Member

Shiah Muslims respect very much all the loyal Sahaaba of Rasuwlallah (pbuh) and Aimmah (as). Whereas do not like traitors or disloyal so-called Shahaaba - who would like a friend that stabs you or your loved ones in the back whether in your presence or absence?

Edited by Mahdiyah
  • Advanced Member
Okay wait.

Tabarrah is part of our faith, you are correct. But what is Tabarrah?

In Shi'i fiqh we have to go to through legitimate sources.

1. The Qur'an,

2. the Hadith and Sunnah, and

3. the legitimate representatives of our Imam Mahdi (as).

Is Tabarrah as the Qur'an says, "renouncing" those that are against Allah and the Ahlul Bayt (as)?

Is Tabarrah as the Imams have shown the highlighting the character of the Nasibi (those that Hate the Ahlul Baut (as)) and then praying for Allah's La'an (curse) on them?

Is Tabarrah as some Alims suggest distancing yourself from those that hate the Ahlul Bayt (as)?

Or from an external source, is Tabarrah the vial act of reenacting the sexual orientation of some of the Nasibis?

So tell me, what is Tabarrah? because I have seen "Tabarrah" in all of these forms. Surely one of these forms is not the Tabarrah of the School of Ahlul Bayt (as).

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

Still waiting to be answered.

• Basic Members

Salam

As much as she was the wife of the Holy Prophet (as) she was evil. She embodied the beliefs of her father (abu baker), usman, and umar. For her to lead an army against Imam Ali (as) is considered a heinous act (treason) against Islam. For her to challenge the leadership of Imam Ali (as) proves that she did not consider Islam the one true religion or the ayhul bait to be the chosen.

Cursing her should be same as cursing yazid (dog) or muawiyah (dog) for what they have done to this beautiful religion. There should be no doubt in ones mind to curse her & anyone who holds the same beliefs. It should be considered your duty, as a follower of Ali (as), to curse those who deny the ayhul bait their true right given by Allah (SWT).

KH

• Advanced Member
Salam

As much as she was the wife of the Holy Prophet (as) she was evil. She embodied the beliefs of her father (abu baker), usman, and umar. For her to lead an army against Imam Ali (as) is considered a heinous act (treason) against Islam. For her to challenge the leadership of Imam Ali (as) proves that she did not consider Islam the one true religion or the ayhul bait to be the chosen.

Cursing her should be same as cursing yazid (dog) or muawiyah (dog) for what they have done to this beautiful religion. There should be no doubt in ones mind to curse her & anyone who holds the same beliefs. It should be considered your duty, as a follower of Ali (as), to curse those who deny the ayhul bait their true right given by Allah (SWT).

KH

Give me an example of how I should curse her?

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

• 2 weeks later...
Shi'a knights here is your mission: go out, seek and seduce as many Aishas as you can!

Bring them back to Ahl ul Bayt (as), marry them and make sure they change their name. I bet you there are enough Aishas out there who would love to make their Sunni parents angry by marrying a Shi'a!!!

So losen up those black shirts, let the silver zulfiqars on your chest shine, have the killer look and make us proud! The more Aishas become Shi'a the less Sunnis there will be and the angrier they will get! And see it this way: if your fighting Aisha you might as well enjoy it!

Code name for the mission: "Aisha , Aisha ?ute moi!!!"

Make us proud!!!

So some dude with a bun on his head wants to starts a muta club ? Instead of worrying about Shias and Sunni you should focus on Sikhs who are not following all the 5ks. So many Sikhs both men and women are cutting their hair everyday, and yet you worry about Shia and SUnni issue. Common sense tells us to cut our nails, but why does not the Sikh understand the concept of cutting their hair?

Edited by Abdaal
  • Advanced Member

Why we shia forget ...

Human do make Mistakes.. we all do make 1000000000 mistakes in our daily life..

lets us 1st curse our selfs?? .. do we do that or WE ASK FORGIVENESS FOR OUR SELFS??

i am not saying that We should ask Forgiveness for Enemy of Prophet pbuh & Ahale Bait..

& one of my Brother ask .. in what way We can do Tabara on the Enemy of Ahale Bait..

i see 2 ways

1) do as much Zikar of Ali as infront of our sunni brothers & in-side ur heart!

2) dont give any space to enemy of Ahale bait.. dont even give them any importance...

i dont think We can any other way of Curse then above methods.

regards,

• 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member

what do you think would be Prophet's (pbuh) reaction to Aisha's continued animosity and actions against Ahlul Bayt (as)? Do you think he'd approve of her having gone to war against Ali (as) (remember Prophet (pbuh) said he was at peace with those who were at peace with Ali (as), and at WAR with those who are at war with Ali (as)).

I don't curse her by name, and if she is innocent of the things I curse by action, then she is not affected by my sending of lanat based on action.

• Advanced Member
Moula (as) was masoom and we can never do 99% of what moula (as) did in his life. Allah (swt) gave you perception and told you to make decisions based on reasoning. With that said, if a woman happened to insult and hurt the leader of all women, hurt the prophet (pbuh), ride into battle against the lion of Allah (swt) and order the attack on the Prophet's grandson's dead body then i have identified her as an evil individual. Its simple, look up the meaning of evil then compare it to these actions. Now, if evil is supposed to be denounced in Islam then why shouldn't we curse her?

Use your brain, its not just there to take up space.

btw, i can go into deeper facts of how bad she was and how she wasn't faithful to the prophet as a wife.........but this site seems to sympathize with her.

until then: lanat on the woman who committed these horrendous acts.

Well, it's not about doing what he did, but about NOT doing what he DIDN'T do.

• Advanced Member

Imam (as) didn't treat Aisha badly due to his respect for... THE PROPHET (pbuh). But that is not to say the he approved or condoned her behaviour and transgressions in ANY way. In fact, the sermons he gave before, during and after the battle of Jamal speak clearly of his opinion of Aisha, her fitna and her misguidance.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

One thing I dont understand about cursing, why does Allah swt cursed Abu lahab and his wife? :unsure: Doesn't it send a message that cursing is something liked by Allah swt?

I dont have the habit cursing anyone. But I do bring out facts from history even if they are painful.

Edited by Zareen
  • Advanced Member

slandering is one thing. Imam (as) never refused to tell the TRUTH about a person's bad deeds. Slander and truth are NOT the same, and truth cannot be slander.

slan·der (slān'dər) Pronunciation Key

n.

Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.

A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

Edited by Aliya
  • Advanced Member
slandering is one thing. Imam (as) never refused to tell the TRUTH about a person's bad deeds. Slander and truth are NOT the same, and truth cannot be slander.

slan·der (slān'dər) Pronunciation Key

n.

Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.

A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

I don't disagree. I'm referring to making deliberately insulting remarks. I agree with taking a scholarly approach on the issue, i disagree with taking a emotional approach.

Edited by Zulfiqar Ali
  • Advanced Member

I second what zulfi here wrote,, because emotinal approaches are our (female) way of getting what we want ;)

but you really need to be as close to the prophit 'ssaaw and ahel el biet saa wise, calm,and respectful way of approaching matters.

cursing, insulting ,,only makes us look worse,,,when all we want is to show and prove a point,,

Allah yehdina

• Advanced Member

that is why we should ALWAYS have proof to back up our claims. and yes, akhlaaq is important, too. I don't condone saying things just to get a rise out of the other side, or things that we've "heard" but don't have proof of from reliable sources.

Edited by Aliya
  • Advanced Member

I agree 100 % because you have to be able to back up what they say we claim so knowledge is a must ,,never go into a discussion based on emotional faith,,Imam Ali saa set an example for us not to be lead into fitnah just to prove we are right.

A wise shikh explained on TV last week ,, that we never insult sahaba ,,we curse (la3nah) and he stated that is is in koran and rassoul saaw did it and backed it up live on tv,, but he did not go into that head on,,I was sooooo impressed on how he did it,, on nbn a man called from saudi and asked him why do we insult (sabb) and curse (la3en) aisha and sahaba and answered him like this in calm educated respecting the question :

1- we do not insult( shia do not in general bad say bad words saab on the three+ aisha = explaining that bad mouthing is not a good Muslim way and not acceptable there are those who do it by they should not in both sects ) ,,,,we curse (laa3en)

backed up by :Allah(koran), rassoul saaw a,d in sunni reverences

2-he defined sahaba ,,and followers ,,

backed up by sunni books,, and shia ,,and koran ,,comparing 2 verses,,that not every sahabi ,,or all profit's wife were good

3-he spoke of what rassoul saaw will on his ahel el beit and that he forbade and repeated soooooooooo many times not to attack them nor take their right and he backed it up by hadith from sunni books ,,that who angered them,,angered me,,,etc.,,,,

point is backed up

4- he gave proof of those who went against profits saaw wishes ,,,incidences and history

backed up by sunni reverences and Koran

he listed books, page and hadith number in sunni refrence

he ended by saying in a very friendly non patronizing non sarcastic ,,just informative as a matter of fact way saying " and based on what we have in our books dear brother ,,and facts that I listed ,,you may go verify ,,and based on history that is shared between us ,and ,accepted by both sides,, we as shia ulama and maraje3 see that cursing is not kufir ,,but it is wajib ,,)

wow,,,I though I want to be in his school

(salam)

One thing I dont understand about cursing, why does Allah swt cursed Abu lahab and his wife? :unsure: Doesn't it send a message that cursing is something liked by Allah swt?

I dont have the habit cursing anyone. But I do bring out facts from history even if they are painful.

Because He is Allah (swt). He knows best, He perfectly knows what's in the hearts. He perfectly knows the state in which individuals die: with sincere repentence or with no remorse. He (swt) is in a perfect position to pass a judgement, we are not. He (swt) may punish or forgive. His anger is devastating, but His Rahma is so wide that it does encompass everything.

• Advanced Member

Allah swat ,, sent his profits to teachs us right from wrong ,,and follwo right ,,,those who knew what was right and disobeyed,,breaking all the rules Allah swat and his profit saaw asked of us ,,,Allah will judge them for what they did ,, we curse those who went and disobeyed and it is proven in history both suni and shia that they broke the profit's saaw wishes ,,and they made his family saa suffer and they oppressed islam to the point where Sayed Shabab ahel el janah had to be masacred with his family.

So we only curse those with obvious sins ,,God swat and his profit saa askd us too..

at least they have a history

cursing is never kufir

so who invented that bidaah anyways?

we do not say todays sunnis are kufar

we never ever had a shia alem opnely say it is permissible to kill shia

to kill as many as possible and children and women included

that is not our ways

it is the opposite all you need to do is see our great marje3 Sayed sistani and how he just gave a fatwa that fitnah is forbidden

I have yet to see sunni shikh do the same,,,,,

Because He is Allah (swt). He knows best, He perfectly knows what's in the hearts. He perfectly knows the state in which individuals die: with sincere repentence or with no remorse. He (swt) is in a perfect position to pass a judgement, we are not. He (swt) may punish or forgive. His anger is devastating, but His Rahma is so wide that it does encompass everything.

It's sad that they will never understand the concept that Allah (swt) knows all and does what he does because he is the knower of All.

Wassalaam

Edited by Tears4Allah
  • Advanced Member
(salam)

BROO THROUGH AS MANY LAANATS AS U WANT ON HER... FACT OF THE MATTER IS... NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE HATE HER N WISHH HER A HUNDRED ETERNITYS OF PUNISHMNT... WE DONT HAVE ANY RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING TO HER... IF MY MAULA DIDNT SAY ANYTHING TO HER... HU R U OR I TO SAY NEFIN AGENST HER...

ALSO IN ISLAM WE SHUDNT JUDGE ANY1 ELSE WE SHUD JUST CIONCENTR8 ON OURSLVS N OUR BELIEFS

wsalam

Imam Ali(as) didn't curse ibn muljim(la) either.. wassalaamun alaikum

• Basic Members

Laa Hawla Wa Laa Quwwata Illa Billaah

I am very dissapointed at the insults being hurled at Aisha (R.A.). I heard that it was an article of Shi'a belief to curse her but I didnt know if it was true or not and my conversation with Shi'i friends always led me to believe that they didnt curse her. Subhan'Allah, the Prophet (saws) loved this Mother of the Muslims dearly, he left this world in her lap, there are verses in the Quran in which she was exonerated by the very Words of Allah, there are verses in the Quran that were revealed because of questions she asked or situations that arose involving her. It was Allah who revealed in a dream to the Prophet to marry Aisha. Why? Because she having been reared in the school of the Prophet, having tasted of his tarbiyah at the same age many of us start school up until we finish school was to become one of the greatest scholars of this Umma.

A true rapproachment and reconciliation between Sunnis and Shias can never occur as long as Shias believe that Aisha can be cursed. Some sort of ground for shedding dogma must be found. Something along the lines of recognizing that Aisha made a mistake during the fitna but realising why that mistake was made in the context of the situation and that she is still a beloved of Allah and beloved by Ali. I dont know is it possible for each side to understand where the other is coming from?

Is it correct to say that none of those who the Shia consider Ma3soom ever cursed her? It seems instead that some Scholars of the Shia have made this a point of dogma and these Scholars of course are not Ma3soom. Also what did Ayatollah Khomenie say about this issue? I know he said some positive things about Umar and Abu Bakr (rahumaa).