Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Trouble Concentrating

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam) ,

I have a friend who is having trouble concentrating these days, especially with their school work. They just dont seem to be motivated anymore, and when they do sit down to do anything, they just end up wasting time. is there any sort of duas out there or any kind of remedy that can help my friend concentrate better in school and in other aspects of their life?

anything is appreciated

jazakallah :)

• Advanced Member

If they are sane and live in a civilized world and old enough to know better but don't think getting educated is enough motivation to study, you have chosen wrong friends.

Try convincing them why it is important to get educated. Tell them it will open their (now close) minds, if they don't study they won't get jobs, wouldn't be able to support their family, would not be able to survive etc. Such advice inspires but it's effect does not last too long unless they truly realize the wrongness of their attitude.

You can pray for them though, but I doubt it will work. As the saying goes "God helps those who help themselves"

Allah knows best.

• Advanced Member
If they are sane and live in a civilized world and old enough to know better but don't think getting educated is enough motivation to study, you have chosen wrong friends.

No disprespect meant brother Moshin but, lol, it's school... not everybody who isn't motivated by school is a bad friend and should be avoided.

YaSiN51214: there's always some reason for this happening. It could be they just need a break - maybe have some fun on the weekend or something. Could be something else bothering the friend and causing them to not concentrate because their mind is somewhere else. Try maybe finding out what it is... if the friend keeps saying there's nothing, then perhaps concentrate on what they're speaking about that seems random and not part of your normal/typical conversation and it'll guide you to what is going on.

I've had plenty of those "can't concentrate" moments for various reasons. When it had to do with school, being bored of the school work contributed to this lack of concentration.

Wa'salam,

Firas H.

• Advanced Member

Firash it doesn't seem like a temporary distraction because the guy is asking for prayers and duas. It must have reached such a point that he is desperate for help.

Maybe you are right and brother YaSiN51214 has overreacted..

Or maybe I have :lol:

Edited by Mohsin
  • Advanced Member

well i was just asking for any types of duas/prayers because i thought maybe this could help my friend out, sometimes when nothing else works you have to go to a higher power right?

i think you might be right that maybe my friend is bored of school and thats why they are lacking in their ability to crack a book open. i try to help them with suggestions on ways they can improve but nothing seems to work. khair...i dont know what else to do...

FirasH, you mentioned that you went through some moments when you couldnt concentrate....so what did you do about it?

Edited by YaSiN51214
  • Advanced Member

I just figured if sitting infront of a book is driving me crazy and not motivating enough, i stopped studying for an hour or so and just went and did something fun.

In university, you can always find a group of your friends not doing anything and as crazy as it sounds, this helped me. It took my mind off of things and set my mind back straight. Mind you when this didn't work, i went to the arcade in the university and spent a couple of dollars on something that'll make my brain completely numb and not have to think about anything - that helped alot.

Maybe try playing some pool or better yet, play some sports - that tends to get people out of their slump periods.

Inshallah you'll find something to help th efriends with. Sorry for the long winded reply.

Fi amanillah,

Firas H.

Sometimes, a person just needs a break or a change of scenery.

• Advanced Member

http://www.duas.org/student.htm

Dua Before Studying

“Allahumma infa’nii bimaa ‘allamtanii wa’allimnii maa yanfa’uunii. Allahumma inii as’aluka fahmal-nabiyyen wa hifzal mursaleen al-muqarrabeen. Allahumma ijal leesanee ‘aiman bi dhikrika wa qalbi bi khashyatika. Innaka ‘ala ma-tasha’u qadeer wa anta hasbun-allahu wa na’mal wakeel.”

“Oh Allah! Make useful for me what you have taught me and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me. Oh Allah! I ask you for the understanding of the prophets and the memory of the messengers, and those nearest to you. Oh Allah! Make my tongue full of your remembrance and my heart with consciousness of you. Oh Allah! You do whatever you wish, and you are my availer and protector and best of aid.”

Dua After Studying

“Allahumma inni astaodeeka ma qara’tu wama hafaz-tu. Farudduhu ‘allaya inda hajati elahi. Innaka ‘ala ma-tasha’-u qadeer wa anta hasbeeya wa na’mal wakeel”

“Oh Allah! I entrust you with what I have read and I have studied. Oh Allah! Bring it back to me when I am in need of it. Oh Allah! You do whatever you wish, you are my availer and protector and the best of aid.”

Dua While Studying Something Difficult

“Allahumma la sahla illama ja-‘altahu sahla anta taj ‘alu al hazana eza ma shi’ta sahal.”

“Oh Allah! Nothing is easy except what you have made easy. If you wish, you can make the difficult easy.”

Dua For Concentration

“Salla-l-laahu alaa Muhammad wa aal-e Muhammad. Allahumma inni as’aluka yaa mudhakkira-l khayr wa faa’ilahu wa-l-aamimira bihi dhakir-ni maa ansaani-hi-shaytan.”

“Blessings of god be upon Muhammad and his progeny. O god, I ask you, the one who mentions goodness and actualizes it and commands it, remind me of that which the shaytan makes me forget.”

Edited by huebg
  • Advanced Member

Jazakallah for sharing those duas for students brother :)

i wish duas.org had the arabic too, cuz sometimes the pronounciation with the english translation is hard...do you know if there is arabic?

but this is very good, i'll try sending this to my friend to see if it will work inshallah

thank you :)

(salam)

(bismillah)

Çááåã ÇÎÑÌäí ãä ÙáãÇÊ Çáæåã æÇßÑãäí ÈäæÑ ÇáÝåã

Çááåã ÇÝÊÍ ÚáíäÇ ÇÈæÇÈ ÑÍãÊß æÇäÔÑ ÚáíäÇ ÎÒÇÆä Úáæãß

ÈÑÍãÊß íÇÇÑÍã ÇáÑÇÍãíä

This is a du'aa that works wonders.

(salam) ,

I have a friend who is having trouble concentrating these days, especially with their school work. They just dont seem to be motivated anymore, and when they do sit down to do anything, they just end up wasting time. is there any sort of duas out there or any kind of remedy that can help my friend concentrate better in school and in other aspects of their life?

anything is appreciated

(salam)

(bismillah)

Çááåã ÇÎÑÌäí ãä ÙáãÇÊ Çáæåã æÇßÑãäí ÈäæÑ ÇáÝåã

Çááåã ÇÝÊÍ ÚáíäÇ ÇÈæÇÈ ÑÍãÊß æÇäÔÑ ÚáíäÇ ÎÒÇÆä Úáæãß

ÈÑÍãÊß íÇÇÑÍã ÇáÑÇÍãíä

This is a du'aa that works wonders.

(salam) ,

anything is appreciated