Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali

Where Are You Originally From?

Rate this topic

is there a huge difference in arabic between countries? as in, if iraqis, palestinians, and lebanese people had a conversation, would anyone understand the other two?

lol *feels stupid.*

yes we can all understand each other. however palestinian/lebanese/syrian dialect is distinct from iraqi dialect. usually you can tell the difference right away. however people from north-east syria from a region called al-hasakeh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Hasakah_Governorate) speak more like iraqis than typical syrian dialect. you can also tell right away they come from this region. typical syrian is called shami (from damascus). you can also tell right away someone from the damascus area. sometimes we (the damascus people) are made fun of by the lebanese because of our accent. for some reason they find it funny.

in some regions of syria such as homs for example, they speak like some areas of lebanon, so you have to listen a bit more to notice they are not lebanese.

one difference between iraqi and lebanese/syrian (shami) is that in many instances the iraqi pronounce the ق in words but syrian/lebanese replace it by a hamza (ء)

I'm spanish, this also means my blood is: Gothic, Sephardi, Arab, Berber, and mostly Latin :D. Living in spain too.

Alsalam alikum,

Can you tell us how you found Islam, please?

Edited by Zahra1

My parents are from Pakistan but my father's side is ,from far away Irani and my mother's side is, from far away from Tibet. And I am born and raised in Sweden :P

Edited by Sweetn

Afghan, born in Pakistan, moved to Canada, then at Grade 5 I moved back to the Motherland, now at Grade 9 moved back my grandma's neighborhood. People don't believe I lived in Afghanistan, and they think they've seen [Edited Out] in life X(. Wastemen

Guest a.shia.muslim.brother.110

Salam u alaykom,

My family tree reaches Imam Husain (as) but I was born and raised until 15 in Iran then migrated with my family to Sydney-Australia.

However, the borders are not defined with Muslims. anywhere u go Muslims r ur brothers & sisters and the international language is Arabic and the unique book is Holy Quran which u can find the Arabic version in almost any place in this world irrespective of what language they speak at home. The uniqueness of the Arabic Quran is actually one of the major bonds which have linked Muslim to Unity apart from one same direction which is meant to unit all :)

Assalam u alaykom

Hmmm, i'm originally kashmir(indian occupied not pak occupied ) still am , but raised up in Kuwait . Exported to Canada 2 years now -origin like dads dad dad- going on- from iran !