Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abdul Hussain

List Of Online Bookstores

Rate this topic

(salam)

Here is another website with a lot of books and links to where more books can be found. I don't think you have that in that list.

At the bottom of the webpage is the "Ahlul-Bayt Islamic Library: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ] - [ 4 ] " . Some of books I havent been able to find , I found there.

KH

- A Shiite Anthology *amazing book*

Allamah Muhammad Husayn Tabatabai

(salam)

Some of the MOST important books for me:

http://www.geocities.com/ahlulbayt14/saduq.html

http://www.imamreza.net/old/eng/islam/hadith/ (check out the "Shi'ite Jurists and Authors on Jurisprudence and Hadith" section!!!!!! icon12.gif)

http://www.al-shia.com/html/ara/lib1/page.php?id=2 (Has the entire Al-Kafi, Bihar and many many many other books...)

a.s.

Yes you can order the book,but still its not out yet,will be out inshallah in 2 weeks time,jst contact us by thn through the email which is mentioned in the website and you will get ur book in no time inshallah...

a.s.

Yes you can order the book,but still its not out yet,will be out inshallah in 2 weeks time,jst contact us by thn through the email which is mentioned in the website and you will get ur book in no time inshallah...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WuSalam, thank you. Jazakallah :)

(salam)

One more: www.musavilari.org

This organisation distributes the available books for 'free'.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quot (salam) can anyone tell me where in pakistan the main source books are available.By the main source books i mean al amaali by SH SUDUK,SH TAOOSI,SH TABRASI,tazkara by SH MUFEED and KASHAF AL UMMA.

Visit www.powerofprayers.org ... Its a book full of Duaas,Amaals,Ziyaraats,and much more. good thing is its in english with english translation. So people who dont knw arabic properly can also pray supplications from it.And its quite cheap only for $4..... Visit the website for the whole book contains. www.powerofprayers.sorg

(salam)

I do not know if anybody knows about any sunni bookstores,,, it is becuase of a friendly debate with a sister from egypt and she does not trustthe sunni sites i downloded sunni refrences from ,,she would rather "real books" in arabic

so for a good cause ,,,and after reading bishawer I need to buy :

musnad ahmad

sahih muslimand

al siutti in all cases,,I realy think it might help so if anybody knows of a good sunni on line bookstore I can order from to canada it would be great!

In the Name of the Most High

assalam o 'alaykum ...

here are Islamic Book Stores that i normally browse through

1 www.kazi.org

perhaps the largest Book Store in North America. works that are not only published within the academic Circles, but great works of Islamic Civilizations (al-Farabi, al-Ghazali etc) are translated and published by them. i was able to get books from them that were not available any where else in North America and Canada (english titles though)

2. www.online-Islamic-Store.com

they tend to carry works of all persuasions: seem to be madhab agnostic, so one has to be careful what to pick and choose. those who live in the NY/NJ/CT/PA area, since their store is in MD, the order is shipped and received next day. great service. if you are looking for a specific work, they can even order it for you

3. www.islamic-foundation.com

even though, they tend to have Jama'ati tendencies (Kidwai, Mawdudi, Khurram Murad, Khurshid Ahmed) they have published some brilliant works. 2 of my favorites are 1. Way to the Quran and 2. Ulum al Qur'an, Dennfer. not to forget that they are also devoting time and resources to the translation of Syed Qutb's, 'In the Shade of the Qura'n'.

4. www.waobooks.co.uk

they tend to distribute mostly classical works from within the ahlal sunna perspective. even though they are based in UK shipping worldwide is free. they also carry works from other publishers, i.e Amal Press (which is based out of the UK), and Zaytuna Institute.

5. www.sunnipath.com

has also teamed with Firdous Book store, and there you can also find works, with a traditional bent. oddly enough they tend to have most if not all the translated works into English from al-Buti of Syria. those who are avid readers of sirah works, his monumental work on the 'Life of the Prophet', titled 'Fiqh us Sira' is indeed a unique attempt to deduce principles out of Prophetic life. one other Contemporary scholar who has infact done this sort of work, is the late al-Ghazali of Egypt. though their selection is very very limited.

6. www.antstores.com

for those who want to peek into the customs and works of our Turkish brethren, this is the site that captures the work of the revivalist, Said al-Nursi and most recently Fethullah Gullen. Gullen truly personifies the tradition of tasawwuf as embodied within the Muhammad reality. Gullens influence is far and wide. if one is to pin point the basis of Islamic Revivalism in Turkey, with the specific focus on education (both modern and Islamic), building of institutions, Gullens philosophy has truly served well for the Turkish believers.

most recently, Ali Unal, translated the Quran in English. the foreword was done by Gullen, where he commends Unal on his treatement of bringing to fore shi'ite and ahlal sunna Commentaries within this translation. Shariati, Mutahhari and the Tabatabai are quoted through the work as well. at the end of the translated work, there are specific sections devoted to issues of Contention that are perceived by the West. drawing upon the writings of Mutahhari, one can witness the influnce on Unal. in-fact, Unals exposure to Iranian 'Ulama is not new, particularly in the works preceeding this translation.

lastly, an observation in point.

much of the Book Stores touted here (i.e preceeding my post) are bereft of any exposure to the works of the ahlal sunna. in the post 9-11 World, the work done by the ahlal sunna Scholarship, particualrly american Muslim Scholars, in works like

i. The State We are in, Amal

ii. Speaking for God, Amal (various muslim and non-Muslim Scholars)

iii. Scattered Reflections, imam Zaid Shakir

iv. Confronting the New Orientalism, Shahihd Islam (also his work, 'Is there an Islamic Problem' worth the read)

v. Islam Fundamentalism and the Betrayal of Traditions, without a doubt the single work that best encapsulate traditional Islam (both ahlal sunna and shi'ite) edited by Joseph Lumbard

vi. Islam Under Siege, Akbar Ahmed (brilliant work: examines the crisis in the muslim World utilizing Ibn Khalduns model, i.e of the destruction of the notion of "asbiyyah", i.e cohesion (not to be confused with tribalism). it puts into perspective the dissonance brought about by the Modernity Project. also quick to point to a crisis from "within" of the loss of a spiritual direction, which has exerbated the situation).

i think that, with all due respect, shi'ites need to get out of a "ghetto" mentality and broaden their horizons and see what they can learn from the other side as well.

with God's help nothing is impossible, insha 'Allah

iltimase duas,

eIqra.wordpress.com

Edited by eIqra

i think that, with all due respect, shi'ites need to get out of a "ghetto" mentality and broaden their horizons and see what they can learn from the other side as well.

Shias would never accept your theology, but yes it would be beneficial to learn about it.

Try this one:

http://www.neelwafurat.com/

It is very good and contains a lot of books. The only problem is that its search is not that good, so sometimes you cannot find the book while it exists in their database; may be because arabic letters are complicated! Sometimes you can solve this problem by entering the name of the author and see what you get.