Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Infallibility of prophet muhammad(p.b.u.h.a.h.p)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

AsSalaamu Alaykum.

Ayatullah Agha Haji Mirza Mahdi Pooya on page #256 under chapter III, ‘Revelation’ in his book ‘The Essence of The Holy Qur’an’( the Eternal Light) writes:

"The Infallibility of the Last Prophet (The Prophet of Islam)

And Other Prophets (Part I)"

“Therefore , unless the soul (mind and heart) is free from the influence of this lowest sphere, and is released from the narrow bents of animal instincts and sexual desire and unless the mind is raised to the zenith of creative intellect, it cannot become the ground for receiving the entire light, i.e, the exact and undisturbed information and suggestion dispatched from the angelical sphere of higher order. The angelical spheres range from the first immaterial sphere to the highest spheres of direct and immediate communion with Absolute ( the stage of the nearest point): the Prophet, as the Qur’an indicates reached the ‘nearest point’

Holy Qur’an: An-Najim (The Star):v 9[Pickthal 53:9] Till he was (distant) two bows' length or even nearer,

These spheres differ from each other in comprehensiveness and in the nature of their dispatches, but there is no possibility of error in whatever the dispatch.’They do not disobey God of what He has ordered them and they do whatever they are ordered. They do not go ahead of Him in saying (or doing) and they do according to His order.

Holy Qur’an: At-Tahrim (The Prohibition):v 6[Pickthal 66:6] O ye who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire whereof the fuel is men and stones, over which are set angels strong, severe, who resist not Allah in that which He commandeth them, but do that which they are commanded.

There is no confusion whatsoever in the higher spheres. They are free from all profaneness of the material world.

Holy Qur’an: Abasa (He Froned): v 13-16: [

Pickthal 80:13] On honoured leaves

[Pickthal 80:14] Exalted, purified,

[Pickthal 80:15] (Set down) by scribes

[Pickthal 80:16] Noble and righteous.

So, also must be the receiving station, the human mind which is the recipient. It must be free from the impediments of temporal life and the bondage of the material world. So long as the zenith of the human mind, the intellect, is drawn toward its base, the material and sensual ground, man is liable to commit mistakes in both theory and practice, whatever may be the source of information and suggestion.

Holy Qur’an: Al-A’araaf (The Heights):v 175-176

[Pickthal 7:175] Recite unto them the tale of him to whom We gave Our revelations, but he sloughed them off, so Satan overtook him and he became of those who lead astray.

[Pickthal 7:176] And had We willed We could have raised him by their means, but he clung to the earth and followed his own lust. Therefor his likeness is as the likeness of a dog: if thou attackest him he panteth with his tongue out, and if thou leavest him he panteth with his tongue out. Such is the likeness of the people who deny Our revelations. Narrate unto them the history (of the men of old), that haply they may take thought.

Being in possession of signs man should have been raised. But he detached himself from the sign bestowed on him by God and he was drawn downward toward the earth. But if he the whole edifice of the human mind from the base upward is drawn toward the zenith, i.e, the active intellect, and is totally controlled by it, then the zenith can become a pure refined recipient ground. It becomes capable of receiving light from the above as exactly as it is dispatched. It will be also capable of judging precisely the truth and the value of what is received from below. In short, the pure contents of the worlds of purity cannot be reached but by the pure and purified minds.

Holy Qur’an: Al-Waaqia (The Inevitable):v.75-79

[Pickthal 56:75] Nay, I swear by the places of the stars -

[Pickthal 56:76] And lo! that verily is a tremendous oath, if ye but knew -

[Pickthal 56:77] That (this) is indeed a noble Qur'an

[Pickthal 56:78] In a Book kept hidden

[Pickthal 56:79] Which none toucheth save the purified,

Holy Qur’an: Al-Bayyina (The Evidence):v.1-3

[Pickthal 98:1] Those who disbelieve among the People of the Scripture and the idolaters could not have left off (erring) till the clear proof came unto them,

[Pickthal 98:2] A messenger from Allah, reading purified pages

[Pickthal 98:3] Containing correct scriptures.

In essence, no on touches it but those who are purified. To establish direct and infallible contect with the heavenly kingdom and the spheres beyond the material one, the mind should be completely refined and free from the fetters of this material world.

This is what Qur’an means by the term ‘MUTTAHRUN’, Purified ones, ‘SUHAFAN MUTTAHIRA’, Purified books, ‘MUSTAFAUN, Chosen and refined, and ‘MUKHLISIN, Servents of God freed from sinning.

Holy Qur’an: SAAD (The Letter ‘Saad’): V. 46-47,83

[Pickthal 38:46] Lo! We purified them with a pure thought, remembrance of the Home (of the Hereafter).

[Pickthal 38:47] Lo! in Our sight they are verily of the elect, the excellent.

[Pickthal 38:83] Save Thy single-minded slaves among them.

‘We have freed, released them from all concerns but the remembrance of the abode (the heavenly or eternal kingdom).’

It does not mean that they are not in this material world in this lowest sphere. They are in it but they are not attached to it.’Ali says, ‘They (the true servents of God) have accompanied this lowest world of matter with their bodies, the souls of which are attached to the spheres of higher order. Had not the fixed term been ordained by God for them (to remain here), their souls would not have remained in their bodies.(15)

In other words, the purity of mind as opposed to its impurity (Rijis). It means complete control of the active intellect over the whole structure of mind including its material base on the one hand, and absolute submission of the active intellect as recipient ground to the spheres of higher order on the other. This is the state of divine revelation.

Holy Qur’an: Al-An’aam (The Cattle):v 50

[Pickthal 6:50] Say (O Muhammad, to the disbelievers): I say not unto you (that) I possess the treasures of Allah, nor that I have knowledge of the Unseen; and I say not unto you: Lo! I am an angel. I follow only that which is inspired in me. Say: Are the blind man and the seer equal? Will ye not then take thought?

The Holy Prophet’s answer to all the questions raised by anyone: the believers, unbelievers, sceptics, heretics, hypocrites, friends and foe was a divine revelation to unveil the truth.

Thus, the body is controlled and governed by the mind and its faculties. The mind in turn is controlled and governed by the active intellect, which in turn is fully controlled and governed by the divine will dispatched to it, direct, or through the angels. Such an accomplished person, though he shares, with other men all aspects of humanity ( a human being like you), yet he is distinguished from the rest of mankind, by not only being the recipient of the revelation (16) (I FOLLOW NOTHING BUT WHAT IS REVEALED TO ME.’)

Holy Qur’an: Al-Kahf (The Cave): v.110[Pickthal 18:110] Say: I am only a mortal like you. My Lord inspireth in me that your Allah is only One Allah. And whoever hopeth for the meeting with his Lord, let him do righteous work, and make none sharer of the worship due unto his Lord.

He should be so fully controlled by the divine will dispatched to him, that his life becomes the embodiment of divine will. His will is the will of God.

Holy Qur’an: An-Nisa (The Women):v.110

[Pickthal 18:110] Say: I am only a mortal like you. My Lord inspireth in me that your Allah is only One Allah. And whoever hopeth for the meeting with his Lord, let him do righteous work, and make none sharer of the worship due unto his Lord.

Holy Qur’an: Al-Anfaal (The Spoils of War): v.17

[Pickthal 8:17] Ye (Muslims) slew them not, but Allah slew them. And thou (Muhammad) threwest not when thou didst throw, but Allah threw, that He might test the believers by a fair test from Him. Lo! Allah is Hearer, Knower.

So, to secure the infallibility of the message the purity and infallibility of both the sources of dispatch, and the receiving mind, is necessary. With regard to the purity of the dispatching side, from God down to the last angelical sphere at its base, there can be no doubt. The question is about the purity of the receiving side—the receiver which is the active intellect, the zenith of the mind. The zenith cannot be pure unless the whole of the mind and its faculties from the base are pure. The purity of mind and its faculties mean harmonious functioning of all the physical and physical parts of mental mechanism towards actualization of the potential intellect and the development of the active intellect. There should be nothing wrong anywhere, even for a moment, in the progressive movement towards attaining the state of active intellect. Every part of the mechanism should be perfect. Otherwise any drawback anywhere at any stage of the process would mean a fall in the degree of attainment and in the active aspect of the intellect; a fall in the height of the zenith. In other words the ego should always be alive to its incessant needs and should always look upwards submissively and ask for help.”

On page # 269 he further explains:

”But keeping in mind what has already been explained in light of the Qur’an and sound reasoning, One has to come to the conclusion that WITHOUT PURITY AND INFALLIBILITY OF THE RECEVING GROUND, NO REVELATION CAN BE TAKEN AS COMPLETELY RIGHT AND DIVINE IF NO MARGIN CAN BE FIXED FOR THE DIVINE AND THE PROFANE STATES OF THE RECEVING MIND, AND AS SUCH THE REPRESENTATIVE STATUS OF THE PROPHET AND VICEGERENTS OF GOD WUOLD BE SHAKEN TO THE GROUND”

On page #281:

“Here the first man, the top entity in the arc of ascent received knowledge directly from God, of the things which the angels did not know. It was the knowledge of the names of certain conscious entities of high order (‘aleen). Those entities were other than angels and jinns. They were the entities whose names could be made known to Adam, by God directly and the angles and the other being of lower order through the medium of Adam. They were those who could at one and the same time represent God in all spheres of creation, and creatures of all spheres before God. They are the entities who due to the highest degree of their recipiency, submissiveness and devotion to the Absolute, have attained the nearest possible stage of direct communion with Him on one side, and due to their utmost paternal affection and love of His creatures have come closer and nearer to every being, than the being itself or himself—a stage of ‘AULA-BIL-MOMININ, ‘A GREATER CLAIM ON THE SELVES OF THE BELIEVERS, ‘ which refers to the Prophet:

Holy Qur’an: Al-Ahzaab (The Clans):v.6[Pickthal 33:6] The Prophet is closer to the believers than their selves, and his wives are (as) their mothers. And the owners of kinship are closer one to another in the ordinance of Allah than (other) believers and the fugitives (who fled from Mecca), except that ye should do kindness to your friends. This is written in the Book (of nature).”

• Advanced Member

Ayatullah Agha Haji Mirza Mahdi Pooya

He was a human being. What he wrote was not and under no way under the relealations of Almighty God, he wrote according to his own capacity. But let us talk the words of God contained in Quran, no less Zaer and no more Zabr.

What you wish, my dear to prove with this cut n paste? what is your idea, please be brief.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

[b:post_uid1]Nadeem P[/b:post_uid1]: But brother we have to rely on our scholars... Am I right?

Like some verses of Koran are vry much clear, but their meaning is not that much clear..

for example: the verse hmm sorry I dont remember the whole of it but it was like this (its a famous verse u must know it)..

[b:post_uid1]...And all the prophets before him (Muhammad) has passed away[/b:post_uid1]

Now, it says, that all the prophets are dead... but we have to see the tafseers of our scholars about it...

Like we (shia/sunnis) both believe that that Hazrat Isa and hazrat Khizr are both alive, right? just Qadianis dont believe this..

I think, you have throw some light on it..

Thanks

ma salama

• Advanced Member

Nadeem, please read Surah Najm.

That's all we need to say!

As for Prophets being infalliable, only shias have 100% belief in this.

If Allahs sent ones make mistakes, then we people can use arguements against Allah:

Ur chosen ones who you handpicked to lead us were full of mistakes, we just made the mistake of not being a msulim!

on what authority will Allah be a hypocrite-Nuzabillah!

Hence, Allah is pure from such rubbish!  All prophets were infalliable, they never made mistakes.

Our Aimma(sa) and Rasool(saws) were pure in every sense!  Hence, nadeem, answer this, I know your answer but all i'll say isSurah Disbelievers is to be read!

Ya Ali Madad!

• Advanced Member

AsSalaamu Alaykum

First let me explain, i am not a alim/scholar or even a learned person in religion. So i will not make the mistake of babling what ever comes to my mind. I will use the commentaries of the Holy Qur'an and article and books written by the learned Alims. And to cut and post, this is a very weak argument, may be you should make it against the one who delivered over 6000 verses...Br. you want to learn read , research and investigage and ponder...its a nice rebutel but nothing more no substasnce..Read the post and tell me what is that you do not argee with?...

• Advanced Member

AsSalaamu Alaykum

Slave_OF_AbuTalib(SA)

This is a very important issue, without this all kind of stuff can be and is created by the nonmuslims. If they are successful with the help of the shahs and muslim who believe in the infallability only in revelation. You know the message is only as good as the messanger. And iblis sits on the "Straight Path" to misguide us, but Allah(s.w.t) didn't send any on that path for us to follow (God Forbid), byt again i don't why people say Surah Fatiah in prayers so many times a day, and don't comprehend the message.

But if thay say that he was infalliable then it shakes the foundation of their sect and their most of their belief's so they will resist and will never acknoledge, but the ones among them looking for guidance will get the message, so we have to continue these kinds of debates.

Since they don't understand the Prophet pbuh they can't comprehend the concept of imamat. Hence making the same mistake of not acknowledging the one appointed by Allah(s.w.t).

"Every day is 'Ashura and every land is Kerbala"

Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad As-Sadiq (A.S.)

Edited By Anonymous. on 1035075798

• Advanced Member

Do you have your own translation of the holy Al-Quran? We would be interested to have a look at it.

Pentium IV age and under the tip of one's finger lies the translation(s) ranging from Urdu, English and even in Chinese language. I go what is contextually written in Ayat. Thanks to Almighty God, he gave me some knowledge of understanding arabic. Preferrably I follow Pickthall, his translation is very near to the arabic text.

Honestly speaking I still cannot understand the purpose of the post by anonymous, I mean, if a person accepts Muhammad (pbuh) as a last Prophet for all people, then where does the question if fallibility comes into.  In religion, either "it is" or "it is not", there is no way in between. I really do not understand why he wishes to prove.

The posts, if are brief, to the point, and conveying generate interest and knowledge. Anyhow?

waslaam.

• Advanced Member

Nadeem P: But brother we have to rely on our scholars... Am I right?

Yes and we have also to exert oursevels to the maximum possible level.

Like we (shia/sunnis) both believe that that Hazrat Isa and hazrat Khizr are both alive, right?

Quran says no one is "Khuld" (one who lives for ever) that is the attribute only of God (Eternal and Living), more Almighty God knows visible and invisible, towards Him is my recourse.

waslaam.

• Advanced Member

Aslamo 3alikum,

Yes and we have also to exert oursevels to the maximum possible level.

True..

Quran says no one is "Khuld" (one who lives for ever) that is the attribute only of God (Eternal and Living), more Almighty God knows visible and invisible, towards Him is my recourse.

Yes right, This whole world including its human beings is mortal.

ma salama

• Veteran Member

(salam)

[i:post_uid0]  

Like we (shia/sunnis) both believe that that Hazrat Isa and hazrat Khizr are both alive, right? [/i:post_uid0]

this surely cannot be the answer for the question, or else my knowledge of comprehension has gone

was salam

• Site Administrators

All the believers are alive right now, including Prophet Muhammad  pbuh , the other prophets, ahlul bayt, all the shuhuda' etc etc

It doesn't mean these people are going to live FOREVER, nor does it mean they're dead RIGHT NOW !!! Physically dead, but not spiritually.

Do not suppose that those killed in the Way of God are dead. No indeed! They are alive and well provided for in the very presence of their Lord, delighting in the favour God has bestowed on them, rejoicing over those they left behind who have not yet joined them, feeling no fear and knowing no sorrow, rejoicing in blessings and favour from God and that God does not let the wage of the believers go to waste. (Surah Ali 'Imran: 169-171)

Do not say that those who are killed in the Way of God are dead. On the contrary, they are alive but you are not aware of it. (Surat al-Baqara: 154)

wassalamz

P.S. Does the qur'an say people are going to stay in heaven or hell forever??? If so, that means they're going to be alive forever doesn't it??? If that's the case, how could it be that only Allah(swt) lives forever???

wassalamz

• Advanced Member

Salaam. Good post bro Ya Ali Abdullah. Clears it up: As can be seen now:

1. Allah can allow anyone he wants to live for as long as he wants. This does not mean that they are ever-living. It just means they are alive for a long time. Simple logic. Nothing more or less. (e.g. Hazrat Isa(as), Hazrat Khidr(as), Ibliss.) When Ibliss asks for respite in the Quran, Allah says, "You are of THOSE who are granted respite" or in another translation "You are OF the respited" So obviously there is more than one creature that can live for a long time due to Allahs will.

2. Prophet Mohammed told us that he is a man just like us, but this does NOT mean he makes mistakes or sins, etc. He is perfect. That is why he is THE best of creation. The seal of the Prophets. The light of mankind. If anyone does not believe this then something seems to be wrong with their faith.

Salaam