Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ex-Muslim

Man wanting variety of women?

Rate this topic

Yea brother, that hadith provided by Hellhound sounds fishy. The prophet hiding mutah from his wives, I dont think so....

Lol exactly, how embarrassing is that when hadiths say its makruh for married men to do mutah. As if 9 wives wasn't enough he had so little control over his lust that he'd go behind his wives' back and do mutah? That's the worst example of self-discipline ive ever seen, it just confirms what Christian critics of the Prophet have been saying all along.

[Note: Bro Jahangiram, this post is not intended toward you. Just those who have expressed utter disgust in this thread for this practice]

Im not arguing against Mut'a, just that narration which is quite disgraceful at that period of the Prophet's life...with the amount of wives he already had.  

If a woman doesn't want her husband to ever marry a second wife be it temporary or permanently, she should make it one of her nikah conditions that he cannot marry again without her permission, if he disagrees he can go find someone else and this will prevent problems in the future.

In the west, women live in a society that tells women their worth comes from how beautiful she is (in order to attract men). And we are given the idea of a perfect relationship being one man and one women from Hollywood. Are you people really surprised women define themselves and their relationships in part by how much their man wants to have sex with ONLY her?. If her man wants sex with some one else, she thinks she is not pretty and therefore worthless and that her relationship is not what it should be. Plus the media only shows the bad sides of polygamy where young women are forced into it and abused.

However there are some sisters who are fine with not being the only wife, just gotta look a bit harder for them. Or marry a women from the east, except paki, paki women hate being second wives 90% of the time. Might as well look in america if u look there for a wife open to polygamy.

Brothers in this thread have provided great arguments for it tho.

with the attitude of women trying to control men in marriage

i think it is better for man to live their life doing mutah instead of listening to a jealous woman complain

woman especially ones that have been given beauty think themselves princesses and expect men to worship them

what evil

There was a survey on TYT once where they talked about how men said they would like to sleep with very beautiful women but would settle down with one who is more of average looks. I found it interesting and ur post reminded me of it lol

If a woman doesn't want her husband to ever marry a second wife be it temporary or permanently, she should make it one of her nikah conditions that he cannot marry again without her permission, if he disagrees he can go find someone else and this will prevent problems in the future.

Salam!

That wouldn´t make any difference to the right of the Husband to marry more than 1 Woman or having Mutha relationships with Women besides beeing permenantly married.

She can off course ask for it but even if he said yes he can always change his mind.

ws Salima

Salam!

That wouldn´t make any difference to the right of the Husband to marry more than 1 Woman or having Mutha relationships with Women besides beeing permenantly married.

She can off course ask for it but even if he said yes he can always change his mind.

ws Salima

Wsalam, 

Nopes, he cannot simply change his mind, if he makes a promise he must keep it, and for him it becomes haram to do it behind her back once he agrees to her condition, and if he does break his promise, she has every right to divorce him. No one forced him to agree in the first place so if he isn't sure he shouldn't make any promises to begin with.

Salam!

Sorry Sis but in Islam his promise is against his islamic right so not really. Even so it is not nice of him to break that promise. You can ask any Marja or Sheikh about that.

But it is very rarely that in the Time we live in Men marry more than one wife. It was different in the old days where Women never used to have any Money or the means to be able to survive by themselfs. So they were depandents to theire Husbands were now We work and have our own places to live and don´t depand on Husbands or Family to provide for us. I wouldn´t be able to share my Husband physicaly with another woman and we have that agreement but I still realise and have been told by Sheikhs that still he would have the right to do so. I can only trust in my Husband to be truthfull to me.

ws Salima

Salam!

Sorry Sis but in Islam his promise is against his islamic right so not really. Even so it is not nice of him to break that promise. You can ask any Marja or Sheikh about that.

But it is very rarely that in the Time we live in Men marry more than one wife. It was different in the old days where Women never used to have any Money or the means to be able to survive by themselfs. So they were depandents to theire Husbands were now We work and have our own places to live and don´t depand on Husbands or Family to provide for us. I wouldn´t be able to share my Husband physicaly with another woman and we have that agreement but I still realise and have been told by Sheikhs that still he would have the right to do so. I can only trust in my Husband to be truthfull to me.

ws Salima

(bismillah)

(salam)

Masha'Allah!

(wasalam)

Its really tedious how some people attempt to legitimise lustfulness as an Islamic behaviour time and time again on this site. The Quran is very clear on the issue. People are not too approach marriage lustfully or in secret (5:5). In verse 4:25 it clearly states that if a man cant afford to marry a free believing woman and he fears sin - EVEN THEN - he is advised to wait rather than marry a slave girl with an affordable dowry so he has a sexual outlet, which is the equivalent of making marriage for this reason makruh. Marrying for lustful indulgence is clearly unIslamic - end of. Stop disgracing and abusing Allahs religion with your nastiness people. Some of you have no shame when it comes to approaching the limits.

Marrying for lustful indulgence is clearly unIslamic

(bismillah)

(salam)

What is the meaning of 'Mutah', sister? What is the meaning of 'Nikah'? Literal meanings please.

For some reason 'lust' == 'work of the devil' in our communities. It is exactly this nonsensical mindset that is destroying the youth. Perhaps we have adopted Christian moral values and are trying to fit Islam into our view of what it should be. Lust is a desire that is innate to mankind and is one of the strongest desires present in the human being.

Let's compare this to the desire to eat. We can eat halal food, but we must refrain from haram food.

Similarly, we can take part in halal relationships and we must refrain from haram relationships.

What makes food halal, you ask? What makes a relationship halal, you ask? Taking Allah's name and doing it with Allah in mind. This is what makes both of these halal.

There are certain things which are never halal, though, such as pork. The equivalent would be performing mutah with an indecent woman. They both damage your soul.

So please stop preaching anti-Islamic messages about how Islam doesn't address our desires and that we should be 'patient' and possibly commit haraam (especially in today's society) because it is more 'honorable' to take this path.

Allah has made Mutah halal on us for a reason. This reason, or one of the many reasons, is because we have lusts and are not necessarily in a situation to perform permanent marriage. Therefore, this is a way to fulfill our natural needs, just as eating halal food is a way to fulfill our needs for food. It prevents us from 'starving' ourselves. It's a blessing from Allah and He has allowed it because we are lustful creatures. I don't know why some people try to deny his blessing and play apologist trying to make it sound like Mutah is something that it's not. It's there for our lusts as a halal outlet in order to promote smooth societal function, among other ends.

Ayatollah Ibrahim Amini has this to say on the issue and it is very true:

“The nature and special creation of man has fixed the age of marriage and that is the puberty age. When a boy reaches puberty at the age of 16 and a girl at 10 years, they can marry. But it is better to delay the marriage up to 17 years and 14 or 15 years in boys and girls respectively. Because boys and girls do not have sufficient amount of mental and intellectual maturity at the beginning of puberty, and at this age might have difficulties accompanied with it. Furthermore, in the initial two or three years after puberty, the sexual instinct is not completely awakened and does not pressurise the youth too much, and its endurance is not so much difficult.

Therefore, it can be said that the most suitable marriage age for boys is 17 to 18 years and for girls 14 to 15 years. But it is not advisable to delay their marriage beyond the above mentioned ages, since it may cause negative physical, spiritual or social diseases and discrepancies. The sexual instinct, having completely and absolutely awakened, is provoked and excited and exerts pressure upon the youth. And there is no alternative left except fulfilling the desire lawfully. The sexual urge is just like the urge and need for water and food. Can you tell a hungry or thirsty person to refrain from eating and drinking? Can another activity, even exercise and recreation or games, divert the attention of a hungry and thirsty one from food or water? The sexual urge too is like hunger and thirst, rather it is many times stronger and more powerful. And if it is not soothed and achieved through lawful means, it may deviate and drag a young one towards going astray and sin, and controlling it is very difficult. And we must not remain indifferent and unmindful about the bad consequences of sexual deviation pertaining to this world and the Hereafter. Supposedly, even if the youth could, by virtue of his faith, shame and modesty control the powerful sexual lust and does not indulge in sin, yet what would be done with its negative physical and spiritual consequences? Therefore, there is no choice but to get married at a fixed age, and one must marry as soon as possible.”

(wasalam)

Edited by BuggyLemon

Salam!

Sorry Sis but in Islam his promise is against his islamic right so not really.

2:177 Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.

In several places the Quran emphasises the important of fulfilling promises. Polygamy is not obligatory, it is not something people are told to do, but are allowed to do. Fulfilling promises is something people are told to do.

(bismillah)

(salam)

What is the meaning of 'Mutah', sister? What is the meaning of 'Nikah'? Literal meanings please.

For some reason 'lust' == 'work of the devil' in our communities. It is exactly this nonsensical mindset that is destroying the youth. Perhaps we have adopted Christian moral values and are trying to fit Islam into our view of what it should be. Lust is a desire that is innate to mankind and is one of the strongest desires present in the human being.

There is nothing called a 'mutah' nikah in the Quran, this is term that people have attributed to a kind of marriage, it is not a term that Allah uses in his book.

Nun-Kaf-Ha = to tie, make a knot, contract, to marry, marriage.

Controlling our sexuality is clearly one of the biggest jihads we can face, especially when young. No one is saying that feeling lustful is haram, it is like having a thought - the thought is just a thought, its what you do with the thought that counts. It may be frustrating and inconvenient for you that such sexual control is asked of you, especially when we live in such deliberately stimulating and openly promiscuous societies that we do today, but i didnt write the Quran and the Quran is the bottom line on the issue, whether you like it or not - you'll have to argue with Allah about that.

There is nothing called a 'mutah' nikah in the Quran, this is term that people have attributed to a kind of marriage, it is not a term that Allah uses in his book.

Nun-Kaf-Ha = to tie, make a knot, contract, to marry, marriage.

Controlling our sexuality is clearly one of the biggest jihads we can face, especially when young. No one is saying that feeling lustful is haram, it is like having a thought - the thought is just a thought, its what you do with the thought that counts. It may be frustrating and inconvenient for you that such sexual control is asked of you, especially when we live in such deliberately stimulating and openly promiscuous societies that we do today, but i didnt write the Quran and the Quran is the bottom line on the issue, whether you like it or not - you'll have to argue with Allah about that.

(bismillah)

I edited my response. I advise you to read Ayatollah Amini's words. That sexual control is not asked of me. That is an un-Islamic innovation that some elders try to propagate as a result of their cultural conditioning towards the un-Islamic practice of abstinence. Mutah is openly available to all.

And yes, the word Mutah has been used in the Quran. It means 'pleasure'.

Nikah literally means 'sexual intercourse'.

[Forbidden to you] are married woman, except what your right hand possesses. This Allah has written for you, and all other women besides these are permitted to you, so that you may seek them out with your wealth, seeking chastity and not fornication. So when you have contracted temporary marriage [istimt'atum] with them, then give them their words. There is no sin on you for whatever you agree to after this. Indeed, Allah is Knowing, Wise.

Al-Qur’an, Surah An-Nisa, Ayah 24

Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì has used the word istimta’tum, which is the verbal form of the word Mut’ah. While the word has many other numerous meanings (as will be discussed below), we see that in the same way that the terms Zakat, Saum, and hajj carry a specific Islamic definition, so does the word istimta’. The specific, Islamic meaning which the word refers to is the performance of a temporary marriage, and nobody has denied this.

So you see, I won't have to argue with Allah about anything because he has made it completely lawful within the Quran itself. It is you that is trying to go against it and advise the youth to suppress their sexuality which will lead to disastrous consequenses at the Ayatollah points out very wisely.

(wasalam)
Edited by BuggyLemon

It doesnt say 'temporary marriage' in that verse, it says 'from what you have enjoyed of marriage'. Personally i think it unlikely that it is refering to 'mutah marriage'. Ive looked at all the verses pertaining to marriage and i suspect that this verse is talking about people who were married in the jahiliya but havent given dowry (as per verse 2:236-2:237 indicates). Never the less, im open minded about the possibility of a fixed term marriage being halal, and have had one myself at the beginning of my relationship. The problems arise when peoples interpretation of this marriage is antithetical to what the Quran tells us about marriage. No matter what ahdith say on the matter, if they are incongruous with the Quran we should be cautious at the very least and not go around promoting behaviour that the Quran doesnt promote or actively warms against.

Therefore, it can be said that the most suitable marriage age for boys is 17 to 18 years and for girls 14 to 15 years. 

LOL!

Why aren't most of you hormonal teenagers married already then?  What's stopping you all from fulfilling your urges that you cannot control as they are worse than thirst or hunger?

(bismillah)

angryoldman.jpg

^That.

(wasalam)

Grow a pair then, why would any girl risk her future with you if you aren't independent enough to call your own shots in the first place?

Edited by Mutah_King

(bismillah)

(salam) 

It doesnt say 'temporary marriage' in that verse, it says 'from what you have enjoyed of marriage'. Personally i think it unlikely that it is refering to 'mutah marriage'. Ive looked at all the verses pertaining to marriage and i suspect that this verse is talking about people who were married in the jahiliya but havent given dowry (as per verse 2:236-2:237 indicates). Never the less, im open minded about the possibility of a fixed term marriage being halal, and have had one myself at the beginning of my relationship. The problems arise when peoples interpretation of this marriage is antithetical to what the Quran tells us about marriage. No matter what ahdith say on the matter, if they are incongruous with the Quran we should be cautious at the very least and not go around promoting behaviour that the Quran doesnt promote or actively warms against.

Would you like to debate our Ulema, Ruq? If something within Islam doesn't fit your worldview of what Islam 'should be like', that doesn't mean you have free reign to change it to what you would like it to be.

Mutah is allowed in the Quran as a temporary marriage in which sexual intercourse is allowed, as has been proven by our Ulema many many many many many times over. No point discussing Quran tafsir and what 'alternate interpretations' might be, though, when you and I both have no experience in the topic. I follow our Ulema on this matter.

Grow a pair then, why would any girl risk her future with you if you aren't independent enough to call your own shots in the first place?

Who said I am not? You need to take it easy with the insults, akhi... It's not good for you.

The old man symbolizes the cultural restrictions that are present in our society, which you clearly did not understand and just jumped at the opportunity to be your cranky old unpleasant self. Young marriage is frowned upon an discouraged. I plan to get married at 18. I'm just saying that it won't be easy.

(wasalam)

Edited by BuggyLemon

Why don't you people man up and practice what you preach then?  You guys love shoving early marriage hadiths and scholarly recommendations down everyone's throat who dares preach patience and promote practical practices, yet almost all of you into your 20's remain single.  "My dad won't let me" "Society is so harsh" and on and on and on, talk is cheap.  Almost all of us can find some gullible (or terribly enlightened muslimah from your perspective) to marry in our teens, yet we can make thousands of excuses, take some initiative, follow your own (OKAY, scholarly) advice, good luck getting married at 18, I mean that sincerely.

Edited by Mutah_King

Why don't you people man up and practice what you preach then?  You guys love shoving early marriage hadiths and scholarly recommendations down everyone's throat who dares preach patience and promote practical practices, yet almost all of you into your 20's remain single.  "My dad won't let me" "Society is so harsh" and on and on and on, talk is cheap.  Almost all of us can find some gullible (or terribly enlightened muslimah from your perspective) to marry in our teens, yet we can make thousands of excuses, take some initiative, follow your own (OKAY, scholarly) advice, good luck getting married at 18, I mean that sincerely.

(bismillah)

Good luck in life, my confused brother who loves trash-talking to vent on an online forum.

And thank you. Insha'Allah it works out. At least I'm trying to follow Sunnah.

(wasalam)

Edited by BuggyLemon

(bismillah)

(salam) 

Would you like to debate our Ulema, Ruq? If something within Islam doesn't fit your worldview of what Islam 'should be like', that doesn't mean you have free reign to change it to what you would like it to be.

Mutah is allowed in the Quran as a temporary marriage in which sexual intercourse is allowed, as has been proven by our Ulema many many many many many times over. No point discussing Quran tafsir and what 'alternate interpretations' might be, though, when you and I both have no experience in the topic. I follow our Ulema on this matter.

Buggy bruv, i'm not here debating whether a form of temporary marriage is allowed or not and im not here telling you what i think Islam 'should be like'. I quoted clear Quranic verses pertaining to marriage, which you have ignored. If you take the time to look at all the verses on approaching marriage (just let me know if you want the references) without pre-concieved ideas of what they should be saying and with an open heart and mind, using your reason as you do so, you will notice not only what they literally say, but their general colour/theme, which is one of self restraint and responsibility. If you let this inform you and set the tone for your understanding of what Islamic marriage is, i cannot think that inshAllah you would go far wrong

Only those who are 17 or 18 advocate marriage at that age. As they grow up, go out into the wild, see life from up close, they tend to alter their views and laugh at their gullibility in retrospect, sometimes cry at their gullibility, for the mistakes they made, if any.

When I was 17 or 18 I also advocated early marriage. All praise to Allah, there weren't any 14 or 15 years old enlightened girls to sign up to my plan.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Let's compare this to the desire to eat. We can eat halal food, but we must refrain from haram food.

Similarly, we can take part in halal relationships and we must refrain from haram relationships.

What makes food halal, you ask? What makes a relationship halal, you ask? Taking Allah's name and doing it with Allah in mind. This is what makes both of these halal.

There are certain things which are never halal, though, such as pork. The equivalent would be performing mutah with an indecent woman. They both damage your soul.

So please stop preaching anti-Islamic messages about how Islam doesn't address our desires and that we should be 'patient' and possibly commit haraam (especially in today's society) because it is more 'honorable' to take this path.

Allah has made Mutah halal on us for a reason. This reason, or one of the many reasons, is because we have lusts and are not necessarily in a situation to perform permanent marriage. Therefore, this is a way to fulfill our natural needs, just as eating halal food is a way to fulfill our needs for food. It prevents us from 'starving' ourselves. It's a blessing from Allah and He has allowed it because we are lustful creatures. I don't know why some people try to deny his blessing and play apologist trying to make it sound like Mutah is something that it's not. It's there for our lusts as a halal outlet in order to promote smooth societal function, among other ends.

Ayatollah Ibrahim Amini has this to say on the issue and it is very true:

“The nature and special creation of man has fixed the age of marriage and that is the puberty age. When a boy reaches puberty at the age of 16 and a girl at 10 years, they can marry. But it is better to delay the marriage up to 17 years and 14 or 15 years in boys and girls respectively. Because boys and girls do not have sufficient amount of mental and intellectual maturity at the beginning of puberty, and at this age might have difficulties accompanied with it. Furthermore, in the initial two or three years after puberty, the sexual instinct is not completely awakened and does not pressurise the youth too much, and its endurance is not so much difficult.

Therefore, it can be said that the most suitable marriage age for boys is 17 to 18 years and for girls 14 to 15 years. But it is not advisable to delay their marriage beyond the above mentioned ages, since it may cause negative physical, spiritual or social diseases and discrepancies. The sexual instinct, having completely and absolutely awakened, is provoked and excited and exerts pressure upon the youth. And there is no alternative left except fulfilling the desire lawfully. The sexual urge is just like the urge and need for water and food. Can you tell a hungry or thirsty person to refrain from eating and drinking? Can another activity, even exercise and recreation or games, divert the attention of a hungry and thirsty one from food or water? The sexual urge too is like hunger and thirst, rather it is many times stronger and more powerful. And if it is not soothed and achieved through lawful means, it may deviate and drag a young one towards going astray and sin, and controlling it is very difficult. And we must not remain indifferent and unmindful about the bad consequences of sexual deviation pertaining to this world and the Hereafter. Supposedly, even if the youth could, by virtue of his faith, shame and modesty control the powerful sexual lust and does not indulge in sin, yet what would be done with its negative physical and spiritual consequences? Therefore, there is no choice but to get married at a fixed age, and one must marry as soon as possible.”

(wasalam)

Salam Alaikum,

Wait, i just want to clear a point. You said that lust is a natural emotion in each human being. So, does that mean that Our Prophets and Imams(as) did Mutah out of lustful feelings or for another reason?

Salam Alaikum,

Wait, i just want to clear a point. You said that lust is a natural emotion in each human being. So, does that mean that Our Prophets and Imams(as) did Mutah out of lustful feelings or for another reason?

Salam, didn't u see my comment? The hadith about mutah and the Prophet isn't mentioned in our tafsirs anywhere, I gave the quotes about the reason behind the revelation of 66:3.

Edited by Jahangiram

Salam, didn't u see my comment? The hadith about mutah and the Prophet isn't mentioned in our tafsirs anywhere, I gave the quotes about the reason behind the revelation of 66:3.

What??? This whole time ppl have been proving  me they did do it, somebody even said Imam Ali had a son out of Mutah. And now you're telling they didnt? What about the hadith Hell hound mentioned? 

I will not and cannot believe a Prophet or an Imam did such an act. I am sorry. I still have my opinion and I will stick with it.

Exactly, me too. The Prophet and imams are too pure to do it, even if its permissible.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
السلام عليكم

Exactly, me too. The Prophet and imams are too pure to do it, even if its permissible.

I will not and cannot believe a Prophet or an Imam did such an act. I am sorry. I still have my opinion and I will stick with it.

Murtadhah, if they Imams say something (especially in a SAHIH hadith), and you still don't believe it because you don't think it sounds right, are you saying you know more about the Prophet (saawa) than his grandchildren, the Ma'sum A'immah? Are you saying you know more about this religion than the Ma'sum A'immah? The ones who interpreted the Prophet's (saawa) knowledge?

My post where I showed these Sahih narrations, in case you might've skipped over/ignored them:

Mut'ah is actually Sunnah of the Nabi (saawa), and he did do it in explicit testimony of the Sahih Hadith, Ayatullah Ja'far Al-'Amili writes in volume 3 page 185 of his book "Zawwaj Al-Mut'ah":

وقال الصادق عليه السلام: إني لاكره للرجل أن يموت وقد بقيت عليه خلة من خلال رسول الله صلى الله عليه واله وسلم لم يأتها، فقلت له: فهل تمتع رسول الله صلى الله عليه واله وسلم قال: نعم وقرأ هذه الآية: وإذ أسر النبي إلى بعض أزواجه حديثا إلى قوله تعالى: ثيبات وأبكارا

And Al-Sadiq    (as) said: "I dislike that a man may die, and upon him there remained the actions from the actions of the Messenger of Allah (saawa) [which he] did not do." So I said to him: "So did the Messenger of Allah (saawa) do Mut'ah?" He   (as) said: "Yes", and read this verse: "And when the Prophet (saawa) confided to one of his wives" until [the] statement of the Almighty: "widows and virgins".

Man La Yahdharahu Al-Faqih volume 3 page 466-467

Inspiring Eyes also drew a problem with the Hadith that Br. HellHound brought, and you'll notice that there is no chain attached to the Hadith because the author (Shaykh Saduq   (ra)) wrote this book and deleted the chains and gave the reason for doing so in the introduction:

وصنفت له هذا الكتاب بحذف الاسانيد لئلا تكثر طرقه وإن كثرت فوائده، ولم أقصد فيه قصد المصنفين في إيراد جميع مارووه، بل قصدت إلى إيراد ما افتي به وأحكم بصحته وأعتقد فيه أنه حجة فيما بيني وبين ربي - تقدس ذكره وتعالت قدرته - وجميع ما فيه مستخرج من كتب مشهورة، عليها المعول وإليها المرجع

And I have compiled this book by deleting the chains, in case that the do not become to much, and its benefits are abundant. And I have not compiled this with the usual intention of compilers in putting forward everything which can be narrated, but my intention was to put forth that by which I gave my fatwa and have deemed to be correct, and I affirm that which is in it, it is verily a proof between me and my Lord, his remembrance be sanctified and his power be raised. And all that is inside it has been collected from the famous books, which are relied upon, and they are referred to.

Man La Yahdharahu Al-Faqih volume 1 page 3

However, if there is still a problem Shaykh Murtadha 'Ali Al-Basha writes in regard to this hadith (using its quote in Wasa'il Al-Shi'ah): سند الحديث معتبر على رأي بعض العلماء

"[The] Chain of the Hadith [is] Mu'tabar (established in reliability) as per the opinion of some scholars"

As for the other complain, what's so surprising about this? Mut'ah is without a doubt Halal, a mercy from Allah as it has been described, and from the Sunan of the Nabi (saawa). The Nabi (saawa) didn't abstain from it because you didn't like it, who knows better about the actions of the Prophet (saawa)? You, or They  (as) who inherited his knowledge? The act of loving women (who are Halal to you) is an act from the Akhlaq of the Ambiya  (as):

علي بن إبراهيم بن هاشم، عن أبيه، عن محمد بن أبي عمير، عن إسحاق بن عمار قال: قال أبوعبدالله (ع): من أخلاق الانبياء صلى الله عليهم حب النساء

[Al-Kulayni relates a narration saying he learned from:] Ali ibn Ibrahim ibn Hashim, [who learned] from his Father, [who learned] from Muhammad ibn Abi Umayr, [who learned] from Ishaq ibn Amir, he said: Abu Abdullah  (as) (ie. Imam Ja'far Al-Sadiq) said: "From the akhlaq of the Prophets (Salla Allahu Alayhum) is [the] love of women (who are Halal to them)."

Al-Kafi, volume 5 page 320

Grading by Allamah Majlisi of this Hadith: حسن أو موثق (Good or Reliable)

Mir'at Al-Uqul, volume 5 page 20

And there are more narrations in Wasa'il Al-Shi'ah (Chapter of the Desirability of Loving the Women who are Halal). Don't lecture on what the Ma'sumin did or didn't do, without having researched at all about them. So you're wrong, doing Mut'ah is not lustful or wrong, and don't be so surprised the Prophet (saawa) actually did what He and Allah made Halal.

والسلام

والسلام

Im talking about the Prophet specifically, not the Imams. That narration about Prophet and muta isn't mentioned in any of our tafsirs, including Shaykh Tusi's Tibyan. It is not an impure act, its just makruh if the man is married.

Im talking about the Prophet specifically, not the Imams. That narration about Prophet and muta isn't mentioned in any of our tafsirs, including Shaykh Tusi's Tibyan. It is not an impure act, its just makruh if the man is married.

Ok. Thankyou  BrotherJahangiram. :)

I don't have the sufficient knowledge to determine whether those hadiths are true or not, but I want to point this out. The prophet and imams were pure, meaning that they didn't do anything bad. Lust isn't bad. Not unless it triggers SIN. And they did not sin. Just like thirst is not bad, but if it makes you steal water it can be bad.

Mutah is misunderstood and abused by a lot of people. I read a hadith once stating that it was haram to the person who does not understand it.

And to those against early marriage: life is only as difficult as you make it be.

Its really tedious how some people attempt to legitimise lustfulness as an Islamic behaviour time and time again on this site. The Quran is very clear on the issue. People are not too approach marriage lustfully or in secret (5:5). In verse 4:25 it clearly states that if a man cant afford to marry a free believing woman and he fears sin - EVEN THEN - he is advised to wait rather than marry a slave girl with an affordable dowry so he has a sexual outlet, which is the equivalent of making marriage for this reason makruh. Marrying for lustful indulgence is clearly unIslamic - end of. Stop disgracing and abusing Allahs religion with your nastiness people. Some of you have no shame when it comes to approaching the limits.

I didn't want to post on this topic, but I have to now to correct this post. 

If you look at the resallah of any marjaa' ( I have personally checked Sayid Fadlallah(ra), Sayyid Sistani(ha), and Sayyid Khameni(ha).)

it say 'marriage is mustahab (highly mustahab) unless you fear that you will fall into haram, then it is WAJIB'

Also, the marajaa' do not differentiate between zawaj nikah and zawaj mutah, free or slave girl in the case where it is WAJIB, it is WAJIB

Get married. This is the fatwa. I will post links if you request but most brothers and sisters on this site have probably already looked this up

(the singles ones at least) and already know this. 

Your tafsir of 4:25 is, unfortunately wrong. It is not in agreement with any of the tafsir that I know of. If you are single and far away from haram

(meaning you are probably living in a closet on mars) then you can choose to marry or stay single, marry free or slave, but if you fear falling into sin, marriage is WAJIB. Any marriage. It is preferable, according to all marjaa and mufasireen that I have ever read, to marry a slave women of 

questionable background even for 15 minutes than to do any haram, even a small haram. If you would like proof, I can post, but like I said, this is an obvious point to most who are familiar with Islamic teaching of our Great Scholars on the subject. This applies to women also (not the part about the slave women, but you know what I mean). 

Only those who are 17 or 18 advocate marriage at that age. As they grow up, go out into the wild, see life from up close, they tend to alter their views and laugh at their gullibility in retrospect, sometimes cry at their gullibility, for the mistakes they made, if any.

When I was 17 or 18 I also advocated early marriage. All praise to Allah, there weren't any 14 or 15 years old enlightened girls to sign up to my plan.

(bismillah)

I'd rather take one of our great scholar's opinions over yours about 'life'. I'm pretty sure he's seen it more up close than any of you have given the fact that he is 89 and has more wisdom that all the E-Rijalists and Sheikhs from the Aal-Google family on here.

Our Prophet (pbuh) and Aimmah (as) recommended early marriage. It's funny to see other people giving their own flawed prescriptions to the youth about what they think life should be like and going against our holy immaculates. Alhamdulillah I haven't fallen into that trap and I have the ability to get married early and I feel sorry that you missed out on that. I feel sorry for your children if you place this restriction on them.

(wasalam)

Edited by BuggyLemon