Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Bali , indonesia - Bomb attack

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

'A devastating car bomb blast at a crowded nightclub has brought death and destruction to the paradise island of Bali.'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi.html

-----------------------------------------------------------

I am horrified to hear of the appalling attack in Bali. There is no justification for such acts.

I really can't see who these  Anarchist  are trying to benefit.

In the news as usual there are various references to      'Islamic ' militants and so.

Who ever is responsible is not benefiting Islam. So obviously it must be an enemy of Islam and humanity as whole.

We've got some crazy people in this world.

To me,  these types of groups are cults that are aiming to annihilate themselves and take others with them.

We as Shias have   experienced a lot of these types of crimes against our communities in the last few decades particularly in Pakistan.  We're still suffering from all directions.  When these attacks occur reprisals are taken against us.  I gather a lot of Shias have been imprisoned in Pakistan in the last few months in ' the fight against terrorism.' .  While the real terrorist are going free.

• Advanced Member

Considering Bali is a tourist resort that brings in lots of money and helps Idonesia's economy, that was a pretty stupid move.

However, wasn't that place a disco/bar that they blew up? Allah will forgive any sin, except shirk, unless you died doing it.........something to think about before going into any places like that.

Peace,

Um Ali

• Advanced Member

oh for pete's sake some of the replies on this forum are INCREDIBLY EVIL and some of you religious zealots have to be taught a lesson.  

Im not saying all religious muslims are evil far from it, im sure many of the religious muslims use their religion to actually be close to god however some people such as "slave of Allah" who post their messages are incredibly evil in their thinking

hey "slave of Allah"  what if your sons or daughters were standing outside the club would you still justify these actions.  

damn this really makes me mad

• Advanced Member

hey "slave of Allah"  what if your sons or daughters were standing outside the club would you still justify these actions.  

Muslims have no business in clubs or even standing outside them, where someone passing by might think they are going in or coming out. Allah has written when everyone will die...... so you can't escape your destiny. A true believer knows that life is a trust, to be taken back when He (swt) desires.

Peace,

Um Ali

• Advanced Member

i think if their intentions were to destroy the nightclub than they are justified

You're a fool to make such a ridiculously moronic statement.

Allah has written when everyone will die...... so you can't escape your destiny.

Therefore, don't go to nightclubs (even if you're not Muslim) b/c you may die.

• Advanced Member
i think if their intentions were to destroy the nightclub than they are justified

You're a fool to make such a ridiculously moronic statement.

Allah has written when everyone will die...... so you can't escape your destiny.

Therefore, don't go to nightclubs (even if you're not Muslim) b/c you may die.

• Advanced Member

dhulfiqar,  do you mean the al quida and other affiliated organizations hate shia's?  I thought their main purpose was to bring down the saudi royal family and get the americans out of mideast.

however, are you saying that these sunni organizations are also terrorizing shia communities?

if thats the case than it would be fruitful for some ppl to understand that using religion and its teachings for the purpose of fanatical ambitions can hurt us all.  

if the world was only muslims and their were only sunni's and shia's dont you think their would be a world war between the two.

• Advanced Member

I'm grateful for sane people on this board. For some to say all this violence and carnage is justified if the intention was to destroy a nightclub is asinine! Ant idiot knows that was not the intention. If it was then why bomb the place in the evening when it's full of people? They could have waited until it closed down to do this.

As for "Allah has written when everyone will die...... so you can't escape your destiny." What is that supposed to mean. That any idiot can play God and decide when I should die? Why don't we just give up and take an overdose of pills, shoot ourselves, jump from a building ... whatever, seeing that it is written that "everyone will die?"

These people who did this are evil. May they rot in hell!

• Advanced Member

salam alaikum, I believe that everyone one in the nightclub should have deserved a good lashing because they are in a nightclub in a Muslim Country and as such they shoul comply with Shariah regardless of whether they are Hindu or Westerners - whatever the punishment is - but the bombing was wrong it was a cowardly and evil act that took the lives of people. It is like if you went behind someones back and shot him in the head because you had an argument with him - that's just my view wsalams

• Advanced Member

"A good lashing"

What are you talking about?  If the club exists, people should be allowed to go.  If you're a "good" keep your butt at home.  I should get a good lashing b/c I was at a legally operating establishment and you think it's a crime.

You're crazy.  I think you should get a "good lashing" for being smaking such an ignorant statement.

• Advanced Member

Very interesting posting guys. Specially when involving the name of 'God'. The idea of God has frequently been used as the opium of the people. This is a particular danger when he is conceived as another 'Being' - just like us, only bigger and better - in his own heaven, which is itself conceived as a paradise of earthly delights.

Yet originally, 'God' was used to help people to concentrate on this world and to face up to unpleasent reality. Even the pagan cult of Yahweh, for all its manifest faults, stressed his involvement in currents events in profane time, as opposed to the scared time of rite and myth. The prophets of Israel forced their people to confront their own social culpability and impending political catastrophe in the name of the God who revealed himself in these historical occurrences.

The christian doctrine of Incarnation stressed the divine immanence in the world of flesh and blood. Concern for the here and now was especially marked in Islam. Nobody could have been more of a realist than Mohammed, who was political as well as a spritual genius.

As we have seen, later generations of muslims have shared his concern to incarnate the devine will in human history by establishing a just and decent society.

We knowingly or unknowingly, making 'God' perception too personalistic. It interpreted the scriptual image of God's judgement too literally and assumed that God was sort of a personal friend or close realtive of one.

This image of the devine 'Tryant' imposing an alien law on His 'unwilling human servants' has to go. Terrorizing the populace into civis obedience with threats is no longer acceptable and practicable.

I think, and you guys might agree with me, to push God into intellectual isolation in a holy ghetto of his own is unhealthy and un-natural. It can encourage people to think that it is not necessary to apply normal standards of decency and rationality to behavior 'supposedly' (as we have all have witnessed) inspired by 'God'.

I would just like to say that this attack was senseless murder. There is no justification for this attack, nor does any Muslims have authority from Islam to kill non believers just because they visit night clubs/or do harm. If people want to set up shairah law they should try do it in non-violent way, through popular movements not bombs.

• Advanced Member
I would just like to say that this attack was senseless murder. There is no justification for this attack, nor does any Muslims have authority from Islam to kill non believers just because they visit night clubs/or do harm. If people want to set up shairah law they should try do it in non-violent way, through popular movements not bombs.
  • Advanced Member

Un-Islamic! Un-Christian! Un-Judaism! Or Un-religious are all echo the word ‘ethnocentrism’. This notion that ‘our way is the best way’ and that ‘we are better than everyone else’ is certainly a part of human nomenclature, which goes back to the cave man era. It’s a proven fact that the less development at the level of society, culture, and religion, the more ethnocentric it will be.

Groups of people that can barely feed themselves, that have still not discovered the wheel, whose counting does not go above the number two, still consider themselves the greatest and favored by the gods and their way of life the best way.

The ancient Greeks distinguished between the civilized and barbarians, and found themselves to be the most civilized people in the world. Later the medieval Christians drew their own distinction between the believer and the infidels.

The Chinese believed themselves to be the middle kingdom or the center of the universe. They were so convinced of this that western visitors, at that time, persuade the Chinese court to consider western maps only when they were redrawn to place China at the center of the world.

And just as Chinese emperors considered themselves ‘emissaries’ of heaven, so too the Indian kings called themselves as universal sovereigns. Of course Islam follows the same pattern of ethnocentrism by believing itself in possession of the whole revealed truth and they are the true envoy of God, leaving the rest with relegate to ignorance and darkness.

Even, in this modern era, the west drew line of demarcation, and this time between the white men, who was held to superior, and the yellow, black and brown men as inferior.

I think, this proves that ethnocentrism is universal, and it is not necessarily substantiated by civilizational achievement. I let you guys decide !

• Advanced Member

Actually Morphyus this goes totally against What Islam says - Islam says that All humans are equal - whether they can count to three or have a degree in Maths, whether they have no money or whether they have one billion pounds the only distinguishing criteria is a man's piety - his God-fearingness and that is only known to Allah (SWT). And Allah (SWT) has bestowed on all humanity free will to choose the path that they will - and to guide people to the path he has sent deliverers of his divine message to every nation - so it is up to them whether they accept the message or not they have a totally free-will in the situation. When Prophet (SAW) sent up his Muslim Government in Medina he did not say to the Jews -I am better than you, you have to follow me - no he said I wil give you freedom to practise your religion with NO CONDITIONS accept that you do not perpretrate mischief against the Islamic state. I do not see any trace of this so-called 'ego-centrism' in the actions of Muhammad (SAW) he was simply sent with a divine message to divulge to humanity. Of course Ego-centrism is the result of not having any religious values to guide you - and it is an aetheistic belief - it is the tag that people who do not believe in God like to attach to the way they have seen history unfold - which as I may say is a very ego-centric way of looking at history. What is Islam - it is the submission of your will to Allah (SWT) how can you submit to His will if you have an ego, it is the search for perfection of character of a human being - how can you search for this thing if you are have an ego. Thanx for leaving it up  for me to decide - and I know the path that I with my free-will have chosen to take, now it is up to you to choose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

there is NO justification for the bali attack. who cares whether it was a nightclub. the fact is that innocent people were killed.and to whoever stated that the people should have been lashed, all i got to say is what the freak are u smoking? when did sharia apply to non-muslims?