Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How does one become an Ayatollah?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
Yaa Ali Madad

How does one become an Ayatollah ?

This designation is only by Allah (SWT) and no-body else...

Maula Ali (as) is the true Ayatollah al-kabeer (Surah al-Najam - The Star)

or refer to Surah Noor verse 55 for further clarification....

I don't know who is Imam Muhammed Jawad Chirri

by the way is this another self-acclaimed Imam --astaghfurullah....

Yaa Ali Madad

(salam)

Bro Talvaar,

Are you a Shia of our Aimmah?

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

No disrespect meant but..... LOL. If the Prophets married, why can't an Ayatollah marry? It is sunnah to marry. Your thinking of the Pope and the celibacy of christian priests. That is something which is abhorred in Islam. Sayyid Seestani has more than 5 children. One of them, Sayyid Muhammad Ridha Seestani runs the office of his father in Najaf. Two of his daughters are married to Sayyid Jawad Shahristani and Sayyid Murtadha Kishmiri (the men in charge of various offices for Sayyid Seestani.

ws

• Site Administrators
Br talvaar, Sh Mohd Jawad Chirri (ra) helped me convert.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Akhbaris don't believe in a concept of ayutullah if the person is not ma3soom of ahlul bayt (as).

They don't believe in the concept of taqlid.

They don't believe in the concept of khums.

They're not shia, they're "akhbaris"

ws

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Didn't someone already explain what is meant by ayatollah? The correct interpretation is that this person or thing reminds you to think of Allah (swt), "sign of God" .. when someone teaches you, and you learn something towards the path of God, this is like it's a sign of God.

Quran is a sign of God, miracles are a sign of God. The prophet (saw) and ahlul bayt (as.) were signs of God. But this does not mean that everything and everyone is being equated. For example the prophet (saw) was a human being, and so are we, but this doesn't mean we jump to childish conclusions and say "hey don't lower the status of the prophet to us!".

Bro Talvar you are showing no understanding at all. Yes all signs are by Allah's (swt) command and permission. Imam can also mean a leader, nobody's claiming that any person is designated by Allah (swt) in the same manner as Imam Ali (as.) or Imam Hussain (as.) etc.

Please try to understand.

Salam.

• Site Administrators
Not doing taqlid means your Akhbari? :blink:

(bismillah)

(salam)

answer the question please bro

does he make taqleed to a shia scholar

does he believe a shia can become an ayutullah

does he believe in khums

if he doesn't, he's not shia tna3shar ithnashari. i don't care if he's sunni, akhbari, isma3ili, suffi, or what ever. if he has no belief in the above, he's not shia. because non of the shia marji3iyyah would agree with him. simple.

ws

• Advanced Member

(salam),

does he make taqleed to a shia scholar

does he believe a shia can become an ayutullah

does he believe in khums

1.) I don't think so

2.) Ask him that

3.) Ask him that

And lastly, Br so a definition of a Shia is one who Does the above three you mentioned? According to whom? you?

Ya Ali Madad...

Asad Ali.

Edited by Baatil Ka Kaatil

• Site Administrators
And lastly, Br so a definition of a Shia is one who Does the above three you mentioned? According to whom? you?

(bismillah)

(salam)

the widely accepted definition of shia in the pretext of sects in islam, is attributed to the tna3shar ithnasharis.

however, technically speaking, everyone's a shia. the sunnis are shias of abu bakr and 3umar. the sufis are like shias of ibn 3arabi and rumi, etc.

shia or not shia, what ever he is, if they don't believe in the above three, then they are not like sistani, fadlallah, khamana'i, sadr, khomaini, etc etc.

ws

• Advanced Member
the widely accepted definition of shia in the pretext of sects in islam, is attributed to the tna3shar ithnasharis.

:blink: So that is your definition of the Shia of Ali (as) ?

however, technically speaking, everyone's a shia. the sunnis are shias of abu bakr and 3umar. the sufis are like shias of ibn 3arabi and rumi, etc.

shia or not shia, what ever he is, if they don't believe in the above three, then they are not like sistani, fadlallah, khamana'i, sadr, khomaini, etc etc.

LOL Bro when i said Shia's, I meant Shias of Ali (as) Ithna Asheri Shias.

• Advanced Member

Salaam alaikum,

Below is something I got from Sayid Seestani's office. I thought it might be relevant here.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 8:20 PM

To: post@najaf.org

Subject: Question from Hajar

Salaam alaikum,

Can you tell me what is the position of the Ismailis? Do we consider them

to be a Shia sect?

Thank you, WaSalaam, Hajar

To: <hajar@shaw.ca>

Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 11:41 AM

Subject: RE: Question from Hajar

Assalaamu Alaikum

They are part of Shia sect, because they believe in Imam Ali (a.s.) until

Imam Sadiq (a.s). However, they are not practicing the duties of Islam like

prayer, fasting... etc

Wasalaam

Guest abaleada
(salam)

Bro Talvaar,

Are you a Shia of our Aimmah?

people who think that they can discern which sayings were said by our A'immah and which are not, and who think that they can interpret the words of our A'immah with their own small minds, and who insult and slander our `ulama and accuse of shirk because we follow the teachings of those who are obviously more learned than we, are shia of their own nafs

Yaa Ali Madad

After all the time I have spent on Shia-Chat, some brothers and sisters are still confused about my views. :!!!: what can I say...

I have on several occasions said that I am not an Akhbari but still one or two are hesitant on labelling me of something that I am not. I am a Mohib of Ahlai Bait (as) - A twelver Shia just like most of you.

I think many brothers and sisters are still confused about many issues...

Can anyone tell me why did not any of our classical scholars call themselves An "Ayatollah" or an "Imam" were they not worthy of this....some of them have been in during the time of Ghaibat-e-Sughra.....

If Taqlid is wajib to a non-masoom then can anyone tell me Why Sheikh Kulayni in his Moqaddama (Preface) of Usul-e-Kafi has written against it ?

What about Hurr-Amili - Author of Wasail-e-Shia.. Were these prominent people not shia's ?

So where and when did these titles started to appear ?

You have Ayatollah, Ayatollah-al-uzma, Ayatollah al-kabeer, naib-e-Imam (self-designated), Ulil-amar, Ahlai-Zikr etc etc..

So why not start saying 'Nabi-Allah' meaning someone is giving you a message ?

Whats going to be next ? Allah Ta'la astaghfurullah.......

If our respected scholars say that they are the Naibs of the Imam (as) can anyone bring me proof from the Quran and Hadith to that effect....or even can you contact your scholars and ask him to write a fatwa declaring that he is the only Naib of Imam-e-Zamana (as)...so we all can see it..

people who think that they can discern which sayings were said by our A'immah and which are not, and who think that they can interpret the words of our A'immah with their own small minds, and who insult and slander our `ulama and accuse of shirk because we follow the teachings of those who are obviously more learned than we, are shia of their own nafs

I have never insulted a scholar ? How dare you accuse me of that ?

Brothers and sisters witness what the sister is saying, I have never said such insulting remarks to any scholars ...please check my comments.....If I disagree with some aspects does that mean I insult the scholars.....even scholars disagree...

Sister when you cannot answer any questions ...this is your new way forward...be brave enough to discuss with me through Quran and hadith......

May Allah (SWT) show you hidayah.......

Yaa Ali Madad

Edited by talvaar786

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Bro Talvar :

So why not start saying 'Nabi-Allah' meaning someone is giving you a message ?

Can you please answer your own question. lol ( Nabi is a prophet, not just anyone that gives a message , it's not a bird that sends a message attached to it's leg )

And you didn't answer my last question in the "ya ali madad emoticon thread" ( doesn't that sound ridiculous ? )

Bro Zain110: When you say that scholars are masters, and not your master. I don't think this is a correct thing to say, a scholar is an expert in a certain field(s) or subject matters because of study. For example, you wouldn't call your family doctor your master would you? but if he advised you on your health you would take it into consideration wouldn't you?

Now can you give us a fatwa from the Aimmah  on whether nuclear weapons are haram or not? are you in direct contact with them?

Please try to understand.

wa salam.

Since you claim to be imitating the Aimmah (as. ) in Taqleed of them, please give us the answer to that. Please do show us the proof between your approach with the Aimmah (as.) and how they came about with the answer.

Thanks

Salam.

• 18 years later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam for level one it takes 6 years which after that you can wear turban  as freshman then after passing level2 & level 3 at 4  years you will become  sophomore & Junior so therefore it takes 10 years of for passing " Sat’h period " which after it by passing " Kharij period" between 5 to 15 years you will become  a senior.

Can you please tell me how long it takes to study kharij lessons in Islamic seminaries?
question
After finishing the two levels of Sath and Kharij, how many years does it take to complete kharij? Please tell me how long it takes and that if I begin studying Howzah lessons from the age of 18, if I can finish them and become a mujtahid or is there a specific age that one needs to begin studying?
Concise answer

This is the current curriculum that the Howzah follows:

1- The introductory level or Level 1 of the Howzah which takes six years to complete. The first three years are usually spent for studying Arabic literature and other lessons, and the next three years are spent for studying general fiqh (using the book Sharhul-Lum’ah) and the principles of fiqh (usulul-fiqh of Mudhaffar).

2- Level 2 of the Howzah (Bachelors): In this level, in addition to studying fiqh and usul in a more detailed way, Howzah students can also major in other subjects such as theology, tafsir, propagation etc.

3- Level 3 of the Howzah (Masters): In this period, one must complete the level and have two years of kharij experience and must also write a thesis too.

In short, these stages take ten years altogether in which can also be completed in shorter periods.

After these ten years, which are called the sat’h period, the kharij period of study begins. This period doesn’t have a specific amount of years and its time differs with each of the maraji’ and teachers. Some of the ulema might end their usul class in five years while others might take fifteen years to finish. 

https://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/fa2865

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam for level one it takes 6 years which after that you can wear turban  as freshman then after passing level2 & level 3 at 4  years you will become  sophomore & Junior so therefore it takes 10 years of for passing " Sat’h period " which after it by passing " Kharij period" between 5 to 15 years you will become  a senior.

https://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/fa2865

This, I assume is after the hawza system in Iran was regulated into a university like syllabus. Do you have any information on what it took before that for one to become mu'ammam?

• Advanced Member
58 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam before that one becomes Mu'ammam , he studies likewise an ordinary person with ordinary costumes.

Salam, when I was in hawza I remember coming across a list of the requirements people would have to "be" before they could start wearing an ammamah,or appearing as muammam in public. Some I remember were things like always prayed tahajjud, never lied, never engaged in idleness and frivolous activities etc. It would be good to know if these standards still apply, and if not, what was the justification/reasoning for changing them. Mass production?

• Advanced Member

Salam I'm not aware of changing these recommended  deeds anyway still majority of them are following  these recommended deeds.

• Advanced Member
On 12/27/2021 at 11:56 AM, guest 2025 said:

Salam,

How many years does it take to become a normal sheikh? 

Wa salam. I suggest videos of Sheikh Muzaffar Abbas Haider, an Indian-British national moving Iran to study and become a sheikh.

https://islamicpulse.tv/video_category/howza-life/

Here's their videos. They explain a lot.

• 1 month later...