Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How does one become an Ayatollah?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam Alaikum

First: We are not kids.

Second: If you want to be, go to Najaf or Qum and they will teach you how to be an Ayatullah, it is not a game being a marji'...

Third: u called your name Ayatollah X, you should know :)

Fourth: is your avatar a person singing?

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

How does one become an Ayatollah?, or what makes one an Ayatollah?

Once, I emailed one of the unis of Iran (sorry cant remember which one) and they told me that in order to become an Ayyatullah, it takes time, at least half a century. Then the brother told me that to take the example of Muhammad Jawad Chirri (ra).

Second: If you want to be, go to Najaf or Qum and they will teach you how to be an Ayatullah, it is not a game being a marji'...

Out of curiousity, is it a must that you go there to learn to become a Merja or an Ayyatullah?

wasalaaaaam

fi amanillah

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(as)

Gaining the level of Ijtihad is a feat which is rarely accomplished by even the most distinuguished scholars. The great scholars usually gained Ijtihad after 25 years of study in the Hawza. However, on average it takes about 40 years. Saying this, you could study 100 years in the Hawza and still not gain the attain the rank of Ijtihad. Out of 1000 scholars who have studied 40+ years in the Hawza, about 5 will go on to become Mujtahids.

You need to study and excel in the levels of the Hawza: Muqadimmat, Sotooh, Sotooh 'Ulya, 'Uloom ukhra and Bahth Kharij. Basically you have to be a genius in nearly all fields of Islamic and Academic Sciences.

You need to study under the best teachers and since they are based in Najaf and Qum, that's where youn have to go. Becoming a Marja' takes even more time, that's why most of the Maraj'i are really old.

ws

• Advanced Member

Salaam,

the avatar is Jimi Hendrix, it looks like a clip from the compilation video for the song "All Along the Watchtower".

He was an idiot, and a Shaytaan.

The only thing he contributed to this world was the ability to control feedback through a guitar for musical purposes.

Wasalaam

Salam Alaikum

First: We are not kids.

Third: u called your name Ayatollah X, you should know :)

Fourth: is your avatar a person singing?

You dont get out much do ya kid? Breathe easy slugger...Kid is a term of endearment.

(bismillah)

(as)

Gaining the level of Ijtihad is a feat which is rarely accomplished by even the most distinuguished scholars. The greatest scholars usually gained Ijtihad after 25 years of study in the Hawza. However, on average it takes about 40 years. Saying this, you could study 100 years in the Hawza and still not gain the attain the rank of Ijtihad. Out of 1000 scholars who have studied 40+ years in the Hawza, about 5 will go on to become Mujtahids.

You need to study and excel in the levels of the Hawza: Muqadimmat, Sotooh, Sotooh 'Ulya, 'Uloom ukhra and Bahth Kharij. Basically you have to be a genius in nearly all fields of Islamic and Academic Sciences.

You need to study under the best teachers and since they are based in Najaf and Qum, that's where youn have to go. Becoming a Marja' takes even more time, that's why most of the Maraj'i are really old.

ws

After all this then what? Im an old man with knowledge? Whom do these men really help? the Rep. of Iran is in turmoil...actually fuhgetaboutit...right forum, wrong post...peace kid.

Salaam,

the avatar is Jimi Hendrix, it looks like a clip from the compilation video for the song "All Along the Watchtower".

The only thing he contributed to this world was the ability to control feedback through a guitar for musical purposes.

Wasalaam

So your what the cool kids call a "playa hater"

Salaam,

Wasalaam

looool

Edited by Ex-Muslim

Salaam,

Wasalaam

looool

You got a lame ole moniker on here "chali"...

"U ever see me in a fight wit a bear, dont help me ahki, help the bear"

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

Once, I emailed one of the unis of Iran (sorry cant remember which one) and they told me that in order to become an Ayyatullah, it takes time, at least half a century. Then the brother told me that to take the example of Muhammad Jawad Chirri (ra).

Out of curiousity, is it a must that you go there to learn to become a Merja or an Ayyatullah?

wasalaaaaam

fi amanillah

(salam)

It is not a must

but which one is better? :)

Giving $10 to charity or $15 to charity? :)

Gaining 100 deeds or 1000 deeds? :)

so I gave him the best areas where he can go...

Najaf And Qum :)

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

May Allah send his blessing upon Muhammed pbuh and his beautiful household (as)

well to become a Ayatollah u have to teach darse khaarij for about 10 years.. and then u get the status of Ayatollah.

(salam)

(salam)

that is the last step :)

There are steps before Bahth AlKharej then after you pass the steps you enter Bahth AlKharej and not all people who enter Bahth AlKharej and complete it are mujtahid. :)

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

Once, I emailed one of the unis of Iran (sorry cant remember which one) and they told me that in order to become an Ayyatullah, it takes time, at least half a century. Then the brother told me that to take the example of Muhammad Jawad Chirri .

wasalaaaaam

fi amanillah

It is not a must

yea bro, you are right. It is better there. But it is just that the brother who send me the email, suggested that I stay in here (america) and take the example of Imam Muhammad Jawaad Chirri (ra).

Inshallah, whatever Allah wills for me. :)

wasalaaaaam

fi amanillah

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

Once, I emailed one of the unis of Iran (sorry cant remember which one) and they told me that in order to become an Ayyatullah, it takes time, at least half a century. Then the brother told me that to take the example of Muhammad Jawad Chirri .

wasalaaaaam

fi amanillah

It is not a must

yea bro, you are right. It is better there. But it is just that the brother who send me the email, suggested that I stay in here (america) and take the example of Imam Muhammad Jawaad Chirri (ra).

Inshallah, whatever Allah wills for me. :)

wasalaaaaam

fi amanillah

(salam)

I see....

But Hawzah is not a game, you can't be an Ayatullah if you don't study it there....

I don't know who is Imam Muhammed Jawad Chirriii

Thanks

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

Brothers, what is Bahth AlKharej? What does it mean?

Thank you in advance.

wasalaaaaaam

fi amanillah

Salam ALaikum

Bahthe Kharej is the last level of hawzah and this level will lead you to Marji'iyah...

If you don't take it, you can't reach ijtihad....

It is the LAST level, not first.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

I don't know who is Imam Muhammed Jawad Chirriii

Here is a little bit about him. He was truly one of the greatest scholars. May Allah's peace and blessings be upon his pure soul.

The late Imam Mohamad Jawad Chirri

Back in the 1950's a small, yet strong , contingent of devout, dedicated and determined Muslims organized under the inspired leadership of Imam Mohamad Jawad Chirri. With vision, purpose and design, these champions of Islam were compelled to succeed - and succeed they did. Unified and cemented together with one cause, they set out to build a place of worship.

Establishment of the Islamic Center of America must, of necessity, begin with the arrival of Imam Mohamad Jawad Chirri. Most of the Muslim community at the time were immigrants from Lebanon and Syria. The community had grown large and they desired to have a learned religious leader serve them and teach their children. After an inquiry and search in Lebanon, they were able to find an exceptional young author and scholar, Mohamad Jawad Chirri. To their delight he was willing to accept their invitation to come to the United States of America. He left Lebanon, where his future notoriety and success were assured, and accepted the challenge of the "New World".

Imam Chirri arrived in Dearborn in February of 1949. Almost from the time he arrived factional rivalry erupted within the community. Although Imam Chirri immediately began the work they had contracted him for with zeal, dedication, forthrightness, and progressiveness, he soon was engulfed in the controversy.

This turmoil in the community brought hardship and mental anguish upon the man causing him to temporarily relocate to Michigan City, Indiana. There a small dedicated community took him into their lives. He served them well for four years, studying the American life style and learning the English language. Meanwhile back in the Detroit area, an organization named the Islamic Center Foundation Society was formed consisting of young and senior men. They traveled back to Michigan City armed with sincerity, enthusiasm, moral and financial support to meet Imam Chirri to ask him to return back with them to Detroit. The great Imam accepted their request and returned back to Detroit.

Under the wise leadership of Imam Chirri, the group began to study methods of funding and perpetuating such a large project as a Center. Other religious institution financial plans were studied, professional fund raisers were interviewed, and contributions from Muslim individuals and governments were also considered. In the final analysis it was clear that the money required to accomplish the goal would have to come from the people and the community.

wasalaaaaaam

fi amanilllah

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Brothers, what is Bahth AlKharej? What does it mean?

Thank you in advance.

wasalaaaaaam

fi amanillah 

Salam ALaikum

Bahthe Kharej is the last level of hawzah and this level will lead you to Marji'iyah...

If you don't take it, you can't reach ijtihad....

It is the LAST level, not first.

Thank you brother. May Allah reward you INshallah. :)

wasalaaaaam

fi amanillah

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

bro mujtaba, here is a pic of Imam Muhammad Jawad Chirri (ra).

The late Imam Mohamad Jawad Chirri

chirri.gif

(may he rest in peace)

Some of his wonderful works include:

1) Inquiries about Islam (Thousands of Americans libraries acquired this book)

2) The Faith of Islam

3) The Brother of the Prophet Mohammad (The Imam Ali)

4) Ameer Al-Mumineen (Leader of the Belivers)

5) The Five Daily Prayers

6) Imam Hussein, Leader of the Martyrs

7) Muslim Practice

8) Inquiries about Shiasm

9) Al-Khilafatu Fi Al-Dustour (The Caliphate in the Islamic Constitution- Arabic)

and many more...

May Allah's pece and blessings be upon him for eternity Inshallah.

wasalaaam

fi amanillah

• Advanced Member

(salam)

If you are serious. I suggest going to Qum. For a few reasons:

1) It is MUCH cheaper than studying in Islamic colleges in England or the US

2) The culture is more in tune with your studies

3) The environment is much safer than that of Najaf (especially now)

4) You will be forced to learn Farsi and Arabic, and know them well because if you don't life won't be easy living there.

Also it depends on the level of familiarity with Arabic you have. Because you may have to take a foundation course on Farsi and Arabic before starting class in Howzah. In Qum, there are some institutes you can attend (especially setup for international student).

Good luck to you. You should seriously consider doing it. Especially if you already have a technical background.

DO you know Ayatollah Al-Ansari was a mechanical Engineer?

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Salam Alaikum

Nice... thanks for the info....

Good job

Ok be like him....Go study in Najaf or Qum and then come back to US and start doing your work....No problem with it!

My pleasure.

Bro, yes I am planning to go there, but I am also thinking of going to london. However it be, I am and do not want to come to america. Once, I leave this country, I am not going to come back, at least not my plan.

And Allah knows best.

wasalaaaaaam

fi amanillah

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

If you are serious. I suggest going to Qum. For a few reasons:

1) It is MUCH cheaper than studying in Islamic colleges in England or the US

2) The culture is more in tune with your studies

3) The environment is much safer than that of Najaf (especially now)

4) You will be forced to learn Farsi and Arabic, and know them well because if you don't life won't be easy living there.

Also it depends on the level of familiarity with Arabic you have. Because you may have to take a foundation course on Farsi and Arabic before starting class in Howzah. In Qum, there are some institutes you can attend (especially setup for international student).

Good luck to you. You should seriously consider doing it. Especially if you already have a technical background.

Thank you soo much for the needed suggestions. May Allah reward you INshallah. I always wanted to learn Arabic. So this will make my dream come true then. Sweet. But the thing is, as I have said before, I am also thinking of going to London.

Inshallah may Allah guide me to the right decision.

wasalaaaaaam

fi amanillah

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

Salam Alaikum

Nice... thanks for the info....

Good job

Ok be like him....Go study in Najaf or Qum and then come back to US and start doing your work....No problem with it!

My pleasure.

Bro, yes I am planning to go there, but I am also thinking of going to london. However it be, I am and do not want to come to america. Once, I leave this country, I am not going to come back, at least not my plan.

And Allah knows best.

wasalaaaaaam

fi amanillah

(salam)

ok then....I am telling you, it is better to go to Najaf or Qum...I never heard there is a hawzah in London...I know there are colleges but hawzah? I never heard...

Thanks...

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

I don't know who is Imam Muhammed Jawad Chirri

He's ( May His Soul Rest In Peace ) my second cousin ( my fathers cousin ) :P Alhamdulillah i have the honour to have him ( May His Soul Rest In Peace ) as my second cousin .... and Insha'Allah we will all take his ( May His Soul Rest In Peace ) path for that he was a great scholar.... never biased in his ( May His Soul Rest In Peace ) works and he alwayz worked with full proof from the quran and sunnah and did not go on with emotions and exagerate as alot of scholars do nowadayz .... He ( May His Soul Rest In Peace ) has alwayz asked for Unity and worked hard for it to accomplish it :) Alhamdulilla ...

and just one thing about "chirri" ( the pronounciation ) which annoys me .... is that its not pronounced as CHirri ( as in CH ), its written in French ( second language in Lebanon is French ) .. in english, its pronounced as Shirri :D

(salam)

Edited by Imami_ali

Yaa Ali Madad

How does one become an Ayatollah ?

This designation is only by Allah (SWT) and no-body else...

Maula Ali (as) is the true Ayatollah al-kabeer (Surah al-Najam - The Star)

or refer to Surah Noor verse 55 for further clarification....

by the way is this another self-acclaimed Imam --astaghfurullah....

Yaa Ali Madad

Edited by talvaar786

• Advanced Member
Yaa Ali Madad

How does one become an Ayatollah ?

This designation is only by Allah (SWT) and no-body else...

Maula Ali (as) is the true Ayatollah al-kabeer (Surah al-Najam - The Star)

or refer to Surah Noor verse 55 for further clarification....

by the way is this another self-acclaimed Imam --astaghfurullah....

Yaa Ali Madad

(salam)

Bro. Talvaar.

Imam can be used as Imam Masoom, Imam Of Jama'ah Prayer, Leader, etc.

He is an Imam Of Jama'ah Prayer as I heard or Leader not Imam Masoom...

No one say that Ameerul Momineen Wa Sayed AlWasiyeen Wa Imam AlMutaqin Wa Qaed AlGhur AlMuhajaleen Wa Ayatullah AlUdhma Imam Ali Ibn Ibi Talib is not the biggest and the greatest....

Our Ulama are representative of Imams and they are great too...If they were not there, The Left of Shia Of Imam Ali (as) Will Go Wrong As Many Other Sects Went wrong...

So they protected us from going wrong all the way from Ghayba of Imam Mahdi (as) until now...

They are great and we don't say they are bigger than Imam or greater than him...

Don't get us wrong.