Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Muqtada Sadar declared Islamic State in Iraq

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Yea. My uncle was watching al manar tv yesterday and told me that (because today I saw our shia brothers in Iraq doing Matam, carrying green flags, doing demonstration, etc and then I aksed him what is going on) Sayyid Muqtada Sadr had build an Islamic State in Iraq. And that the Sayyid has asked the people of Iraq to come and do a demonstration as to show that they have agreed to the State.

And Allah knows best. :)

wasalaaaaaaam

fi amanillah

Edited by shiaofhussayn
Guest ShiaCat

(salam)

Iraqi Shia leader promises new govt

Posted by: Admin on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 08:11 PM

In yet another sign from the Iraqi people that they want the Americans out, a prominent Shi'ite leader has said he has formed a new government rejecting the American occupation.

NDTV Correspondent

Saturday, October 11, 2003 (Baghdad):

One of Iraq's most religious leaders, Moqtada al Sadr, said during yesterday's Friday prayers that he would form a new government today.

He promised that the government will be a republic without terrorism and without occupation. It will include a ministry of religious endowment, apart from regular ones like finance and foreign affairs.

Snub to US

The underlying and not-too-subtle message was directed at the American-led occupying forces that Iraqis were perfectly capable of running their country. And the announcement is a clear sign rejecting Iraq's governing council. With Shi'ites making up 60 per cent of Iraq's population, so far repressed by the Sunni-dominated Saddam regime, the Shi'ite leader enjoys enormous influence.

"Although this declaration will be dangerous for me, I have established and created a new government, with new ministers. Our new country will be dignified, free and will give people their rights," Sadr said.

US indifferent

The US, on its part, doesn't appear to be paying much attention to Sadr's pronouncement.

Secretary of State Colin Powell says his priority remains a new UN resolution - one which Security Council members like France hope will have a clear mention of how power will be transferred to Iraqis.

"I spent most of my day today on the resolution, working on language. I talked to a number of my colleagues, I'll be talking to more of them this afternoon and evening. I think we're making some progress," Powell said.

More trouble in Iraq

While it's still unclear what Sadr's next move will be, the declaration of a rival government is likely to add to the growing American headache of governing Iraq.

His comments come amidst growing signs of discontent in Baghdad, which has witnessed huge demonstrations against the US-led coalition forces in the past days, leading to the death of two US soldiers and two Iraqis in Baghdad.

The US is already finding it hard to control protests and keep casualties low, but the Shi'ite leader's call could provide momentum to more protests. 

• Advanced Member

Here is the rough translation:

Najaf, Jangnews: In the Iraqi cities of Najaf and Karbala, thousands of Shia have declared their support for the new government announced by the Shia leader, Muqtada as-Sadar. They were carrying banners and flags and were chanting slogans that they are with Muqtada as-Sadar and against American occupation. This reaction came after the speech of the Shia leader. According to Muqtada as-Sadar several ministeries have been made including Ministary of foreign affairs, Ministary of Oil, Ministary of Information, Ministary of Auqaf and Amr bil maaroof nahi anal munkar, Ministary of Energy, Ministary of sports and culture and other Ministaries. According to him the new goverment wuld be clean of all religious, political and etenic divisions and will free the nation from foreign occupation.

• Advanced Member

Cleric seeks to create Islamic republic in Iraq

Saturday, October 11, 2003 Posted: 3:27 PM EDT (1927 GMT)

story.karbala.jpg

KARBALA, Iraq (CNN) -- As thousands of Iraqi Shiites filled the streets of the holy city of Karbala on Saturday to mark the birthday of the revered 12th Imam, the key figure of Shia Islam, a Shiite cleric announced the formation of an Islamic state in Iraq.

During his Friday sermon in nearby Kufa, Muqtada al-Sadr said he intended to use the birthday of the 12th Imam's -- who Shias believe was born in 868 -- to launch his government and called for "peaceful demonstrations" by those who agree.

In a statement, Sadr said his Islamic government would include ministries of justice, finance, information, culture, endowment, interior, foreign affairs, religious guidance and defense.

"If you agree, you have to show this in peaceful demonstrations expressing your position," his statement said. "And if you do not agree, you are fully free."

"I want to say we want a state that is far from terrorism and occupation whereby the Iraqi people would be hand-in-hand to go out of this injustice into a free Iraq that would keep our and your heads high before the entire world," the statement said.

The U.S.-backed Coalition Provisional Authority did not comment and members of the coalition-appointed Iraq Governing Council dismissed Sadr's declaration.

"This is a free Iraq, this is the new Iraq, this is democratic Iraq," said Moafak al-Rubayi, a member. "We maintain the freedom for everybody. People can speak anything they like as long as within the law."

Adil Abdel Medhi, spokesman for council member Abdel Aziz al-Hakim, said the council would discuss the development in a special session on Monday.

"The Governing Council is the representative for Iraqis at this stage," he said. "And the Governing Council is the only group authorized to appoint ministers and has done so."

A third council member, Ayad Alawi, noted the growing international recognition the council has received.

"I think there is a body of recognition ... both on the legal and the political side that makes it very difficult to challenge in this way," he said.

Last month, Sadr called for a boycott of the council's Cabinet.

Sadr, the son of Grand Ayatollah Muhammad Sadiq al-Sadr, who was assassinated with two of his sons in Najaf in 1999, recently has appealed to fundamentalist Iranian clerics, notably supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, for support. He professes to be the lieutenant of a little-mentioned hard-line cleric, Ayatollah Kazem al-Haieri, who fled from the regime of Saddam Hussein to Iran.

Sadr's main power base, however, is 50 miles north of Karbala in the Baghdad neighborhood of Sadr City, which was renamed from Saddam City after the capital's fall. Thousands of his supporters walked the distance to demonstrate in Karbala, which is under the control of the Bulgarian military.

Iraqi's recently created Shrine Police staffed checkpoints outside Karbala, but inside the city, little armed security was evident, and the crowd was peaceful.

The city is the burial place of Imam al-Hussein, grandson of the Prophet Muhammad, who died in battle outside Karbala. The 12th Imam, Muhammed Al-Mahdi, is considered by Shiites to be still living, waiting to reappear before the Day of Judgment.

At least two Iraqis were wounded in a grenade attack, near the city Saturday, police sources said.

Muqtada al-Sadr is the leader of a militia group known as Mahdi's Army. Some Shiite leaders have suggested that Sadr's group may have been responsible for the death of rival Shiite leader Sayyed Abdul Majid al-Khoei in April, but Sadr and his allies flatly deny the accusation.

Sadr and his supporters have largely boycotted U.S.-led efforts to bring Iraq's varied political and religious groups together.

Elsewhere in Iraq, U.S. troops early Saturday detained six people, in three separate raids, suspected of manufacturing improvised explosive devices, according to coalition officials. U.S. forces also confiscated AK-47 assault rifles and one shotgun in the raids.

CNN Baghdad Bureau Chief Jane Arraf, who is in Karbala, contributed to this report.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/10/11/...bala/index.html

• Advanced Member

Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Raheem

salam

To create islamic state in iraq there should be a an armed revolution. No revolution no government!

mako thawra mako hikooma. mako tadhiya mako nasr!

ya3eesh Moqtada al-Sadr!

Nafdeeka ya iraq!

Irak.gif

Edited by malek
  • Site Administrators
(bismillah)

(salam)

Why bro? whats wrong with it? Im asking cos ur iraqi, and u prob know the matter better than some of us.

Creating an "Islamic State" takes more than some young turbaned man going up on a few blocks of wood and stating so. It takes the bloodshed of thousands if not hundereds of thousands of people, especially when this so called new "Islamic state" is STILL under control of America.

And what happens after creating this Islamic state? Are scholars who disagree with this state going to be slaughtered or put under house arrest along with their followers? Is this Islamic state going to be fair to all sides, be them other shias or people of other faith? Will the rulers of this Islamic state begin to abuse their power, maybe even claim infallibility or direct lineage of power with the missing Imam? Would this be a true theocracy based on the rulings of Ahlulbayt?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for an Islamic state in Iraq, but would the ends of having a fragile Islamic state justify the means, the death of thousands of martyrs?

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Creating an "Islamic State" takes more than some young turbaned man going up on a few blocks of wood and stating so. It takes the bloodshed of thousands if not hundereds of thousands of people, especially when this so called new "Islamic state" is STILL under control of America.

I agree with this part. It will not be easy and from what we hear Sayyed Muqtada Sadar's party is not as organized as some others.... Like that of Shaheed al-Hakeem.

I think someone mentioned hadith of a (short lived) Islamic state in Iraq (or some parts of Iraq) as a sign of Imam al-Asr's (as) zahoor. Dont remember the details.

And what happens after creating this Islamic state? Are scholars who disagree with this state going to be slaughtered or put under house arrest along with their followers?

Why would any scholar disagree with this state. There could be differences in the autority or set-up but wWho wants to have colonial system in place rather than Islamic.

Is this Islamic state going to be fair to all sides, be them other shias or people of other faith?

I see no problem in giving complete religious freedom to all (Sunni Muslims, Kurds, Christians, etc).

Will the rulers of this Islamic state begin to abuse their power, maybe even claim infallibility or direct lineage of power with the missing Imam?

Has anyone ever claimed such things?

Would this be a true theocracy based on the rulings of Ahlulbayt?

It is possible to bring the teachings of Ahlul Bait (as) in practice, even in the 21st century. Will it be a perfect state, I dont think it could be untill Imam (as) comes.

WS

Edited by Orion

salam

To create islamic state in iraq there should be a an armed revolution. No revolution no government!

ya3eesh Moqtada al-Sadr!

Nafdeeka ya iraq!

Irak.gif

(salam)

Bro... about your signature...

"including infants"

You do know that infants are muslims right... you are killing a person at it's purest form... i'd rather be dead than kill an infant.

• Veteran Member
And what happens after creating this Islamic state? Are scholars who disagree with this state going to be slaughtered or put under house arrest along with their followers? Is this Islamic state going to be fair to all sides, be them other shias or people of other faith? Will the rulers of this Islamic state begin to abuse their power, maybe even claim infallibility or direct lineage of power with the missing Imam? Would this be a true theocracy based on the rulings of Ahlulbayt?

now how did i know you were going to say that?

muqtada as sadr may be doing this because he sees no other way. maybe he wants to take a chance now before the americans establish their own government. but i have to say iraq has just been through a war they are very weak and need food and other necessities. not an uprising. but then again Allah knows best becasue they americans may keep not retlaite? i think the best way was joining the US backed council but alas our best hope became shaheed.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Allahuma salli 'ala Sayyidina Muhammed wa 'ala ali Sayyidina Muhammed!

Sayyid as-Sadr has my allegiance!

And I'm a Sunni!

I couldn't contain my joy last night when I heard part of his khutbah in Kufah!

May Allah protect him and grant him victory!

And may Allah shower His blesssings upon you o dear brother in Faith.

wasalaaaam

fi amanillah

(bismillah)

(salam)

Why bro? whats wrong with it? Im asking cos ur iraqi, and u prob know the matter better than some of us.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for an Islamic state in Iraq, but would the ends of having a fragile Islamic state justify the means, the death of thousands of martyrs?

Yes, Indeed, Sistani is silent, It is he who is the grand Ayatulllah oif the [Edited Out]es

It is he who called for shi'ites to obey the US-backed puppet council.

WHAT SHALL WE DO WITHOUT OUR SISTANI!

It's sickening to see a Muslim with an authority and using it to say "obey kafir"

Shi'ites will allways be Shi'ites!

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Bro ebu Bekir sadik

Yes, Indeed, Sistani is silent, It is he who is the grand Ayatulllah oif the [Edited Out]es

It is he who called for shi'ites to obey the US-backed puppet council.

WHAT SHALL WE DO WITHOUT OUR SISTANI!

It's sickening to see a Muslim with an authority and using it to say "obey kafir"

Shi'ites will allways be Shi'ites!

Sayed Seestani said not to take up arms, not to create violence and war. But for the muslims/Iraqis to convey their rights peacefully. Peacefully bring an end to the US-occupation. The people in Iraq are tired of war, they just want to live, they want to heal.

salam.

Mujahid, I truly Ask Allah to guide you, Here is my advice to those who blind follow Sistani.

Selamunalaykum Ve Rahmatullahi Ta'ala Ve Barakatahu,

Ve Sellahu Ela Sayyadina Muhammat, Ashrafil Kalkil Aziim, Saadikul Va'dul Amiin, Va'ala Aalahi Ve Sahbihi Ve Sallim,

(This is nasihet is mainly to our SHi'e brothers and Clerics becouse they those who are in majoraty in Iraq)

Shortly Before the Jihad in Iraq, One of The Greatest Shi'te cleric, Ayatollah Sistani issued a Fatva that Muslims (shi'e muslims) should Not fight The Invading Americans, It was understood that He did Not want (shi'e muslims ) to defend Saddam Hussein, Soon After the collapse of Seddam Hussein and the ockupation By Kafirs was clear He issued another Fatva that said "Religion and Politics should be seperatley " Another top Shi''e Scholar Hakim said also that ****es should not fight the ockupation with arms only with peacefull methods , He (Sistani) have also said that an Islamic State should not be wanted, Is This man really an "Ayatollah" (Signs of Allah), If he would be an Ayatollah,

He would not have said these evil things, Have He studied the Kur'an? Have he ever studied how Our Great Master Sayyadina Muhammat sawa treated the invaders of kuffar? Allah Lord of the Heavens and Earth says in Kur'an Kerim:

"Oh You who belive, Obey Allah and His Resul" (Kuran Kerim)

What does Obeying Allah and His Resul mean?, Does It mean that We Only Pray and Read Kur'an in Our Homes?

Or Does It mean, We strive for Alllah, And Try to Learn his Religion, and Try to Rule what he has reaveld and take his religion by complete devotion and take this Religion as our Messenger Muhammat-Mustafa sawa took it, Islam is complete devotion, Every atom of this Life has submitted to Allah, Everything is prasing Allah, Everything between the Heavens and Earth, Complete devotion means also Taking Islam and not being influenced by other idologiesm Allah says in the Kur'an:

"And whoso seeketh as Deen other than Islam, it will not be accepted from him."

(Al-Qur'an 3:85)

Islam is Shari'a and Shari'e is Islam, Why is it so hard for You to understand this Sistani? Have You been influenced By 1800 century secularists in Europe who said the exact thing you said

"RELIGION AND STATE SHOULD BE SEPERATLEY",

Do You not fear Allah? Is Not the Religion of Islam the State, and The State the Religion of Islam, Have Not Allah Cella Cellahu, Said in the Kur'an:

"But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muhammad r) judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.” [An-Nisaa’: 65]

Sistani, Look again, What does this ayeh say? Does Not It say no one have faith not the teachings of Our Geat Master Sayyadina Muhammats is not made the judge by all disputes? Is not Our Great Master Sayyadins Muhammats teachings The revalations from Allah? Do You Not want to judge By What Allah has reavaled to us? Do You need more Ayats from the Kur'an?

The command (or the judgment) is for none but Allah.” [Yusuf: 40]

Subhana-Allah, Do you Not Fear Allah?, During The Time of Seddam Hussayn, You rose up against Him, You declared him a kafir and a ruthless leader (which he was), Scholars like "Sistani and Hakim" cursed Seddam Hussayn for he was an "evil man", And You declared cihat against him, Now That he have collapsed and another Kafir though much more evil You are silent, If You cursed Seddam Hussayn and made resistence against him despite He was a man saying that he was a "muslim", Why are you silent when an more evil and ruthless enemy of Islam have cokupied the gates to our Noble Master Hasreti-Ali in Najaf? When the Americans Devils elected a Munafik evil puppet council in Iraq Your most outspoken shi'e scholar critic against Seddam Hussayn "Ayatollah Hakim" embraced it and became a member of it, Before You look at your desires have you looked at what The Kur'an Have said about? Have You read Sureh Hasr:

[Hashr 59:11] Did you not see the hypocrites, that they say to their disbelieving brothers among the People given the Book(s), “If you are expelled, then we will definitely go out with you, and we will not listen to anyone in your matters, and if you are fought against we will surely help you”; and Allah testifies that they are indeed liars.

Your heart May say that He is against Kufur, But your actions say another thing, Did You know that The Munafiks in Mezina Supprted the enemies of Islam (the Hostile Jews) By acsepting there rule and promised to assist them withs securaty? What diffirence are you from them? Allah Allah!. Do You know what Allah have said in the Kur'an:

75. And what is wrong with you that you fight not in the Cause of Allâh, and for those weak, ill_treated and oppressed among men, women, and children, whose cry is: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from You one who will protect, and raise for us from You one who will help." (Sureh Nisa)

. Those who believe, fight in the Cause of Allâh, and those who disbelieve, fight in the cause of Tâghût (Satan, etc.). So fight you against the friends of Shaitân (Satan); Ever feeble indeed is the plot of Shaitân (Satan). (Sure Nisa)

Noble Qur'an 2:190-193

190. And fight in the Way of Allâh those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. Truly, Allâh likes not the transgressors. [This Verse is the first one that was revealed in connection with Jihâd, but it was supplemented by another (V.9:36)].

The Verses are many, Do You need more proof? I Think that You Ayatollah Sistani or Hakim or You all Ayatollah's know these ayats by heart and have probally studied them, But They have not enterd your heart, Allahu A'lam, Maybe They have, I do Not know, But your Actions speak for themselves, Subhan Allah, I understand, If You do not have the powers to make resistence, But Our Noble Master Sayyadina Muhammat sawa tought us in a great Hadis that If we See something wrong we should try to change it with our hands, And If we can Not Then change it with our mouth, And we can not, Dis-like it with our heart, Have We seen You Sistani-Hakim saying with your mouths "Ey Faithfull fight the ockupation",

No You have Not, We have only seen You taking part discussions with enemy and acsepting his rule (Allahu-Ekbar), Have You forgotten Ayatollah Kumeyni? He was also an Shi'e Scholar, and all I can say about him is that his actions spoke of what he said, He hated the enemy and did everything he could do, Did Not Ayatollah Kumeyni say "To rule By what Allah have said is must" in The book of jemhuriye Islami essential for You? My Final words are SHOW us with DEEDS what you are speaking off. You are Shi'tes Scholar who claim to love Ehlul Bait, Our Master Sayyadina Ali, The Sword of Allah, The Great Friend of Allah, But act like Sayyadina Ali, Sayyadina Ali never acsepted devils to rule him, He would rather die as a sehit then acsepting kufur, May Allah GUIDE US ALL TO THE BETTER! AS WE ALL ARE WEAK! May Alah guide You sHI'E SCHOLARS AND SUNNI SCHOLARS IN IRAQ WHO ARE ACSEPTING KUFUR AND READING SUREH YASIN-SERIF NEXT MORNING!

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

If I remember right, The government seyyid muqtada as sadr set up is called

government of the shaddow hukumatu dhill.

I don't think he ever said any thing about islamic state,

alot of poeple say oh his followers are young, he is young, blah blah all the marja's are quiet, they arenot saying any thing so whats his problems

well every marja has different opinions in eveery thing,

for instance seyyid as shaheed mohamed baqir al hakim, wanted to have peace with the americans, and give them time anc chance to prove them selfs, on the other hand, we have seyyid muqtada as sadr, who thinks, the only thing americans desserve is force,

I love seyyid muqtada as sadr, and i love him, and i love seyyid mohamed baqir also, but i agree with the philosophy of seyyid muqtada , fight the occupiers,

It does not matter wheather his supports are alittle or young, or poor, or from sadr city, they are poeple who want america out of their country, and they have the right to want that, they are part of iraq,

any ways this is my opinions, and if i offend any one i am sorry

But this is all I gotta say, who ever it could be marja'e sheikh, seyyid student, who ever

i say to them, that if you really think america is their to help the iraqi poeple, then you are really a big time foool.

all of a sudden they wanna help iraq, they made saddam who is, after 30 years, he is bad and krazy man, and they wanna give the iraqi poeple democracy, why did they had to wait so muchhh, why did they turned their back, on the uprissing in the91 i belive, , I can't belive some iraqi poeple, they still trust the americans, i think thats a very shame thing,

america is killing every day thousands, of palestinian kids, womens, elderly poeple, yes its america and not "israel" cuz they are just same, americas money is i"israels money, americas weapons is "israels" wepaon

so they are one and have one goal, in mind which is destroy islam, nor german nor france no no one wants to help, the iraqis, the palestinians the afghanistans the somalians heheh

because you know why they all want to destroy islam,

I do not call this democracy and freedom,

I was watching on manartv, one day the news,

the americans went to into this house, and stormed it shooting, not even knowing whocould be in front of them, and then there was this old man, they are pointing guns towards him, but poor old man, he had to put on his glasses to see what was happening, you call that democracy and freedom,

I called it humiliation,

so if there are poeple who don't want humilation then, what do you want from them, they are not saying come follow us, or come join us,

they are they're own party, and they have their own belives on concepts and ideas

I am talking about moqtada as sadr's party, and I am with them,

like Imam Khomeini (ra) has said

america is shaytan al akbar

and like our our imam and leader imam hussayn (as) has said

Hayhat mindhillah

and of course islamic states, takes alot of sacrifces,

what ever they maybe,

but the question is are the iraqi poeple willing to make those sacrifices, talking about they are tired of wars, they don't want wars, fights no more,

well in fact, they are not fighting right now, but they still die every day or every weeek, some times its the americans, some times, its the fedayin, some times al-qeada, but they are still dying so, atleast die for a cause and what you belive,

thats is better to me than any thing else,

nafdika ya muqtada

salam and duas

A.M

• Advanced Member

salam

ya3eesh Moqtada al-Sadr!

Nafdeeka ya iraq!

Irak.gif

(salam)

Bro... about your signature...

"including infants"

You do know that infants are muslims right... you are killing a person at it's purest form... i'd rather be dead than kill an infant.

salam

bro there're no civilian and no innocents in israel. all are illegal occupiers, all criminals, all terrorists and all baby killers. in 18 years from now their infants will grow up and kill our infants. If you watch your house being demolished, your infants being killed, your parents being killed, your brothers and sisters being killed, i'm sure your opinion will be different. Have you been in Palestine bro? Have you live there? Did you lose a family member there? Did they demolish your house?

I suggest you check with our marji3 regarding this issue.

wasalam

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

How popular is Sayyed Muqtada as-Sadar? Will Shia be willing to back him and his ideas?

WS

Its mostly young people who are backing him

Bisillah ir-Rahman ir-Raheem

salam

What's wrong with the young bro? they're not humans? they have no brains? Did you know that it was the young people who participated in the islamic revolution of iran? Did you know that most of the revolutions are done by the young? Or do you want a 99 years old man to carry a machine -gun and fight the occupiers?

People will follow whoever fight the Americans no matter how old they could be, they don't follow the silent ulema who are doing nothing for islam and their country. They never follow those who are cooperating with America/israel/Britain!

We need a bloody revoltion in iraq.

NO BLOOD NO FREEDOM. BLOOD IS THE ONLY PRICE FOR FREEDOM!

wasalam