Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
adren@line

what race/ethnicity were adam and eve?

Rate this topic

were they white? and if not, why are they ALWAYS portrayed as white?

Why do muslims believe that we all are descendents of two white people with anglo-saxon names and uncontrollable libidos?

and how did the different races come about? Did they "pop out of nowhere" much like creationism suggests?

Did you all know that Adam in hebrew means Earth and Eve means spirit?

Is it possible this story was not meant to be taken literally?

Edited by adren@line

They had to be pollacks, the reason?

When god told them not to eat from the tree of the forbiden fruit, Sophie said to Stash (Adam and Eves real names), dem apples, ain't dem der oranges, so day ain't der fruit!

Edited by Thors Hammer

(salam)

First of all I want to remind you all that when your referring to Adam you should say Alayhee salam (as) Secondly As far as I was told The races were formed after Nabi Noah (as) Built the ark and the world was flooded.

Just FYI Hebrew was not the first spoken language in the world. So the Hebrew definitions of Adam (as) and Eve are not in any way relavant.

By the way another FYI it id Adnan and Howa (Maybe I am wrong about the Adnan name correct me if I am)

Also Muslims do not portray Adam (as) and Eve as white. that is Christianity. we do not Portray our Anbiya by races. Except those we had that information on.

It does not matter what race they were.. Would it make a difference??

Also... Adam (as) and Eve were here before any cultures so I doubt they were any of the above cultures as Cultures did not exsist when they were created.

Edited by Striving 4 Purity

prove it.

The concept of Adam and Eve were created by the Hebrews.

Prove me otherwise.

And race is important, as different races DO exist.

How did these races come to be? Did they "evolve" from Adam and Eve (which flies in the face of creationism)..or did they pop out nowhere?

Edited by adren@line

According to the book Prophet Adam(as) and his wife spoke Arabic when they were in the garden but once they were sent out from the garden their mother-tongue change to a language that sounded something like Syric Arab/Ibrani

Just to add something :

The races in the world began from Children of Nuh(as). African race begin with his Son Ham and Prophet Nuh(as) had few other Sons which went to different places to settle with their tribes.

Salaam alaikum,

I think it's possible that Adam(as) and Eve were black. The reason I think that is because the oldest remains of any human beings found, are from Africa and the person was black. Of course there could be even older remains not yet found. But so far I am leaning towards the first people being black.

I believe other races developed when people moved to other areas. After centuries of living in other enviornments, they evolved different characteristics, as a result of the enviornment in the other areas.

WaSalaam, Hajar

(bismillah)

(salam)

From Nahjul Balagha (Peak of Eloquence), Sermon 1, on the creation of Adam (as)

Description of the Creation of Adam

Allah collected from hard, soft, sweet and sour earth, clay which He dripped in water till it got pure, and kneaded it with moisture till it became gluey. From it He carved an image with curves, joints, limbs and segments. He solidified it till it dried up for a fixed time and a known duration. Then He blew into it out of His Spirit whereupon it took the pattern of a human being with mind that governs him, intelligence which he makes use of, limbs that serve him, organs that change his position, sagacity that differentiates between truth and untruth, tastes and smells, colors and species. He is a mixture of clays of different colors, cohesive materials, divergent contradictories and differing properties like heat, cold, softness and hardness.

Then Alláh asked the angels to fulfill His promise with them and to accomplish the pledge of His injunction to them by acknowledging Him through prostration to Him and submission to His honored position. So Alláh said:

Be prostrate towards Adam and they prostrated except Iblís (Satan). (Qur’án, 2:34; 7:11; 17:61; 18:50; 20:116)

Self-importance withheld him and vice overcame him. So that he took pride in his own creation with fire and treated contemptuously the creation of clay. So Alláh allowed him time in order to let him fully deserve His wrath, and to complete (man’s) test and to fulfill the promise (He had made to Satan). Thus, He said:

Verily you have been allowed time till the known Day. (Qur’án, 15:38; 38:81)

Thereafter, Alláh inhabited Adam (p.b.u.h.) in a house where He made his life pleasant and his stay safe, and He cautioned him of Iblís and his enmity. Then his enemy (Iblís) envied his abiding in Paradise and his contacts with the virtuous. So he changed his conviction into wavering and determination into weakness. He thus converted his happiness into fear and his prestige into shame. Then Alláh offered to Adam (p.b.u.h.) the chance to repent, taught him words of His Mercy, promised him return to His Paradise and sent him down to the place of trial and procreation of progeny.

"He is a mixture of clays of different colors, cohesive materials, divergent contradictories and differing properties like heat, cold, softness and hardness."

Personaly i believe Nabi Adam (as) and Sitna Hawa (as) had the genes of "different colors", i.e. white, black, yellow, red. These genese were past onto the children, so the children may well have been multi-racial. I doubt if evolution took place, rather "adaptation"

Still though, they're lebanese ^_^ c, cause it's the center right. One kid went to china and made the asians, another kid went africa and made the africans, another went to europe and made the europeans...so :P

ws

Once a Jewish Rabbi from Khyber came to the Holy Prophet and asked him about Earth before Adam and Eve.

He asked "Who was on Earth before Adam and Eve"

Holy Prophet said "Before Adam and Eve, Earth was populated by Races of Jinn for 6000 years"

Then the Rabbi asked him again "Who was on Earth before Jinn?"

Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) said "Before Jinn, Earth was populated by Angels(malaika) for 7000 years"

The Rabbi asked again” Who was on Earth before Angels(malaika)?"

The Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) said "Before angels, Earth was populated by Adams and Eves for 2 million years"

The Muslim name of the Rabbi was Abdullah Salam

Actually our Parents Adam and Eve from the holy Quran is not as old as the remain of skeletons founded by archeologist.

I read somewhere that uptil the time of Prophet Nuh, everyone was the same race, but then he had three sons Ham sam and something that doesn't rhyme lol and one was black, one chinese and one white... but I just read it in an Islamic book once, I don't know if thats what we believe :S

(bismillah)

(salam)

A few issues to clarify first:

Adnan is one of the grandfathers of the Prophet (S), roughly the 10th son of Ismaeel (as).

The name Adam is taken from the arabic word "Adeemah" meaning Earth or ground, indicating his ARABIC name is that from which he was created. It is highly likely that Adam has a different name, but we only know of the Arabic name ascribed to him in the Qur'an.

It is not stated which language (if any) that Adam and Allah communicated with. Arabic was formed as a language thousands of years after Adam.

According to the hadiths of the Ahlulbayt (as) there have been many "Adams" and "Eves" prior to the Adam and Eve which are described in the Qur'an and gave birth to the people who came to inhabit the Middle East. Those previous "Adams" and "Eves" were of a varied race, each spawning the current races of the Earth. That explains why some human remains have been discovered and dated at 2 million years old. It also explains the difference in race, language and colour of humans. It is reported that Ham, son of Nuh (as) settled down in Africa, where the non-black Africans are thought to have originated from. (Ham was not of a black colour)

Interestingly, a hadith from Imam Ja'far Al-Sadiq (as) confirms the existence of previous civilisations. It opens up these questions: Is there life elsewhere in this universe? How many universes are there? Were the other civilisations more advanced than us? Did they all go to heaven?

The hadith is: "Do you think that you are alone in creation? Before you, there were a thousand thousand Adams and a thousand thousand Earths"

As the scholars say, "Wa Allahu A'lam" (Allah knows best)

The Adam and Eve of the Bible lived in 4000 BC. This is the same Prophet Adam that is talked about in the Quran. There is a difference between the Prophet Adam and Eve of 4000 BC, and the Adam, the first man, who appeared 2 million years ago.

The first man Adam evolved from apes. He was the first homo-sapien on earth and the first man with intellect. He was also sinless and infallilble, and God vested him with the primordial Imamat.

On the other hand, Prophet Adam had a father and a mother. His father's name was Honayd. He came from India, travelled through Persia and settled in Arabia. Adam's father was the last Imam of the cycle preceding 4000 BC. Imam Honayd conferred the office of Prophethood upon Adam, and passed on his Imamat to Adam's son Seth.

The Quran and Bible are usually talking about our historical Adam, the Adam of our cycle. The period known as Kali Yuga began in 4000 BC with the historical Adam.

There were whole civilizations before the historical Prophet Adam and Eve, including the civilizations under the Divine Rule of Ram, and Krishna, who appeared thousands of years ago.

(salam)

(bismillah)

I don't know about the race of Adam and Eve, but they ate a plum-like fruit, it was in a National Geographic article on Iraq once. They went to the Garden of Eden (where the Euphrates and Tigris meet, north of Al-Basrah) and the tree is still there (but it's dead, and another tree grew beside it). :)

I don't understand, there were other people around at and before Adam and Eve? :unsure:

Allah Hafiz!

Iltemas-e Dua!

(bismillah)

(salam)

Interesting theory proposed by ismailite there but i'm afraid its wrong. The Qur'an clearly states Adam had no father and was created from the Earth. As for " the Divine Rule of Ram, and Krishna", you got me there... I always thought there was one Allah, one Divine. Perhaps you should re-read the Qur'an if you are Muslim, or re-examine yourself if you claim to be a monotheist.

As for Bro Ali, this history of "Adam" is complicated. The facts:

On THIS Earth, there were previous humans before the Adam spoken about in the Qur'an (The Prophet Adam in the Qur'an is about 14,000 years ago). They then seemed to have been reduced ALMOST to extinction and then the prophet Adam was created. Science has proven humans (of some species relative to homosapiens) lived on this Earth up to 2 million years ago.

If you find this strange, remember Allah has said in the Qur'an the Earth was created in 6 days. It is not explicitly stated how long after the creation of earth was Adam created. The hadiths from Ahlulbayt conflict as to how much a "day" stated in the Qur'an is in relation to our solar days, but all agree it is a large number (one hadith says a day in Allah's reckoning is 50,000 years in ours). Hence, the Earth was created and then many different creatures came to inhabit it.

So, yes, there were other humans on Earth before Prophet Adam.

GUYS GUYS, CALM DOWN, I KNOW WHAT RACE THEY WERE: THEY WERE HUMANS, THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

I mean, I'd be hella mad if they were aliens or something. But Alhamdullilah, they aren't, so just chill. One could easily claim them as Hebrew/Jewish, Arab, African, Persian, Afghan, Chinese, etc. But the important thing is that they were human.

Salams,

In the Qur'an it definitely mentions Adam was created from "BLack fashioned" mud.

[shakir 15:26] And certainly We created man of clay that gives forth sound, of black mud fashioned in shape.

[shakir 15:28] And when your Lord said to the angels: Surely I am going to create a mortal of the essence of black mud fashioned in shape.

[shakir 15:33] He said: I am not such that I should make obeisance to a mortal whom Thou hast created of the essence of black mud fashioned in shape

Edited by GenuFlecTioN

African...because an arab cannot make an african...theres africans that look just like chinese! weird but true...earth truly is round...were all blood.

Those Africans you are referring too are in east Africa correct? If so they look like that cause they are mixed w/ chinese. the chinese muslims traded with wast africa and some of them stayed and married some of the people there. And now the offsprings look like they are black shaolin monnks :o

(bismillah)

(salam)

Interesting theory proposed by ismailite there but i'm afraid its wrong. The Qur'an clearly states Adam had no father and was created from the Earth. As for " the Divine Rule of Ram, and Krishna", you got me there... I always thought there was one Allah, one Divine. Perhaps you should re-read the Qur'an if you are Muslim, or re-examine yourself if you claim to be a monotheist.

As for Bro Ali, this history of "Adam" is complicated. The facts:

On THIS Earth, there were previous humans before the Adam spoken about in the Qur'an (The Prophet Adam in the Qur'an is about 14,000 years ago). They then seemed to have been reduced ALMOST to extinction and then the prophet Adam was created. Science has proven humans (of some species relative to homosapiens) lived on this Earth up to 2 million years ago.

If you find this strange, remember Allah has said in the Qur'an the Earth was created in 6 days. It is not explicitly stated how long after the creation of earth was Adam created. The hadiths from Ahlulbayt conflict as to how much a "day" stated in the Qur'an is in relation to our solar days, but all agree it is a large number (one hadith says a day in Allah's reckoning is 50,000 years in ours). Hence, the Earth was created and then many different creatures came to inhabit it.

So, yes, there were other humans on Earth before Prophet Adam.

(salam)

(bismillah)

So where they a relative of humans, but not like the humans we have today? :unsure:

Thanks for explaining that Brother Abdul Hussain! :)

Iltemas-e Dua!

Allah Hafiz!

(salam)

My goodness, have we forgotten that the word of Allah(swt) as revealed in the Qur'an is part allegorical and part factual?

Where, when and what color Adam was is losing the meaning of the message and concentrating too much on the literal. We have been told that there are no colors and no languages in Islam.

Rejoice in the message, forget about the colors.

:) :) :)

(bismillah)

(salam)

Well said Bro Musa, but like the quote I have at the bottom, there is no harm in asking a question. Indeed, dwelling too much on this race thing will lead to unintended racist remarks and will lose sight of the fact that of we are judged as individuals not by race or ancestry.

No probs Bro Ali, glad to be of some use. Science has shown that the "pre-Adam" humans are very similar to us modern humans but with a few physical differences. This is probably due to the environment they lived in. It would be unfair to say they were "cavemen" as we do not have enough evidence to draw a complete picture of their lifestyle and mental abilities. Besides, some humans could have become extinct (like the dinosaurs) and evidence of their existence may not (or never will be) have been found.

Anyway, who knows what the humans in later generations (if they do come about) will say about us? Uncivilised? War-mongering? Uneducated? Allah forgive us...

There was a Discovery Channel exclusive on a research project where the genes of every living race was traced to one woman (Most probably Eve (as)) who lived in Africa about 150,000 years ago.

The program also talked about how people moved from Africa to other continents and how the races evolved. It takes about 20,000 years for the complexion / features to change as they did for Europeans and Asians.

When you look at this research in light of what Quran says, it all makes sense. Off course it is all there in Quran in the first place but our limited brains couldn't figure this out.

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/reale...ve/realeve.html

Eve Explained: How Ancient Humans Spread Across the Earth

By William F. Allman

The greatest journey ever undertaken left behind a trail of unanswered questions: How did our species arise and spread around the globe to become the most dominant creature on the planet? Part of the answer came two decades ago, when scientists stunned the world with the finding, based on genetic research, that all humans alive today can claim as a common ancestor a woman who lived in Africa some 150,000 years ago — dubbed, inevitably, "Eve." But while the notion of an African origin of the human family has grown to be accepted by most scientists, the details of how Eve's ancestors swept out of Africa to populate the rest of the world have remained murky.

Now a team of scientists claim that, based on research on the ancient climate, findings in archaeology and a new, clearer genetic picture of how the human family tree has branched over the eons, the ancient itinerary of the human diaspora can finally be pieced together. It is an epic story of escape from starvation, glaciers and volcanoes and braving shark-infested waters in flimsy rafts. And like any good tale, it has a surprise ending: Contrary to established thinking, it appears that our human ancestors took a more southerly route out of Africa, traveling east across the Red Sea into what is now Yemen, and then through India and all the way to the far reaches of Australia, before they swung up into Europe. "There was only one migration out of Africa," says Stephen Oppenheimer of Oxford University, who is a leading proponent of this new synthesis of our species's incredible journey. "They couldn't go north — that was blocked by a desert — so they had to go south."

A crucial cornerstone of Oppenheimer's piecing together of the human itinerary is the recent finding by Huddersfield University geneticist Martin Richards and his colleagues that the world's entire population can be traced back to a family tree that has its roots in Africa and a single branch leading out of the continent and into the rest of the world. Based on analysis of thousands of DNA samples from people worldwide, Richards' research reveals a detailed map of the human family tree and its various branches.

Digging Through Genes

Richards' research extended the work of scientists over the past two decades who have been reconstructing human origins by studying snippets of DNA from tiny cellular structures called mitochondria. Part of every cell in the human body, mitochondria produce the energy needed by all living creatures and, remarkably, possess their own DNA that is completely independent of the principal cellular DNA residing in the nucleus. Known as mitochondrial DNA — or mtDNA — this genetic material has a property that makes it a unique tool for studying human origins: During conception, half the mother's DNA and half the father's DNA merge to create a unique suite of genes that goes into creating a human being. But mtDNA does not undergo this genetic reshuffling; rather, the mitochondria — along with their mtDNA — in a sperm cell wither and die, while the mitochondria present in the egg cell live on intact from generation to generation. Thus everyone carries with them a more-or-less exact copy of the mtDNA from their mother, and their mother's mother, and her mother, and her mother, and so on back through countless generations.

The term "more or less exact" is the key to scientists solving the mystery of human origins. That's because like all DNA, mtDNA is subject to random mutations over the eons. And because these mutations are passed intact to the next generations, they in effect become "tracers" of family branches. If two strands of mtDNA from two different people reveal the same mutation, these people must share the same ancient great-great-great-grandmother from whence this mutation arose. Working from the assumption that genetic mutations occur more or less regularly over time, scientists can compare two samples of mtDNA, noting where they have shared mutations and where they do not share mutations, and resolve the time in prehistory when the peoples' ancestral populations diverged. Using this technique, researcher Rebecca Cann and her colleagues showed that all humans can be traced back to an ancient mitochondrial "Eve" who lived in Africa perhaps 150,000 years ago.

This "Eve" was by no means the source of all the genes in the world's living population. After all, each person is a reshuffled combination of 30,000 genes from many different ancestors stretching back generations. But each person's mtDNA is a copy from only one direct line of ancestors: their mother's mother's mother's mother, etc. In the same way, the mtDNA from Eve merely acts as a tracer that links all present-day humans to a single population of ancient humans, estimated at 10,000 people or so, who lived in Africa several hundred thousand years ago.

The Climate Connection

While Richards' genetic research suggests that only one branch of ancient humans migrated out of Africa to give rise to modern populations, research on ancient climate changes helps pinpoint the time when this migration must have occurred, argues Oppenheimer. Some 80,000 years ago, the world's climate began to cool into a period of glaciation. The polar ice caps reached far down into Europe, lowering sea levels and turning much of Africa into arid desert. This climatic shift occurred roughly at the time when the genetic evidence suggests that the tree of human life sprouted a branch that crossed onto the Arabian Peninsula toward India and Southeast Asia. Indeed, notes Oppenheimer, human-made tools dating back nearly 75,000 years have been found as far east as Malaysia. From there, our human ancestors pushed across shark-infested waters to Australia, where they left behind stone artifacts dating back 60,000 years.

...more at the website

When the Quran says Adam was created from clay or dust, it is speaking in metaphor and allegory. The First Adam of 2 million years ago, evolved from apes.

THe biblical Adam of 4000 years ago was the first Prophet of our cycle.

Before the biblical Adam, the Imam of the earth of Imam Honayd (Adam's father).

Thousands of years before Honayd, the historical person of Krishna was the Imam of the earth.

Thousands of years before Krishna, the historical person of Ram was the Imam of the earth.

Thousands of years before Ram, the First Adam was the Imam of the earth.

This Divine Institution of Imamat has been passed down through countless generations:

First Adam - Ram - Krishna - Honayd - Seth -- Shem -- Ishmael -- Aaron -- James -- Ali --- and still continues.

These two figures, Ram and Krishna, existed long ago, and the religion of Hinduism has taken lives, filled them with myth and legend, and raised them to the status of gods.

Salaam alaikum,

I think it's possible that Adam(as) and Eve were black. The reason I think that is because the oldest remains of any human beings found, are from Africa and the person was black. Of course there could be even older remains not yet found. But so far I am leaning towards the first people being black.

I believe other races developed when people moved to other areas. After centuries of living in other enviornments, they evolved different characteristics, as a result of the enviornment in the other areas.

WaSalaam, Hajar

i totally agree with sister/brother hajar!,,,,

what are pollacks btw ????and i couldnt resist myself adding THAT THEY WERE DEFINATLY NOT WHITE NOR CAUCASIAN!!

and definatly not pakistani (astachfirullah lol )

When the Quran says Adam was created from clay or dust, it is speaking in metaphor and allegory. The First Adam of 2 million years ago, evolved from apes.

THe biblical Adam of 4000 years ago was the first Prophet of our cycle.

Before the biblical Adam, the Imam of the earth of Imam Honayd (Adam's father).

Thousands of years before Honayd, the historical person of Krishna was the Imam of the earth.

Thousands of years before Krishna, the historical person of Ram was the Imam of the earth.

Thousands of years before Ram, the First Adam was the Imam of the earth.

This Divine Institution of Imamat has been passed down through countless generations:

First Adam - Ram - Krishna - Honayd - Seth -- Shem -- Ishmael -- Aaron -- James -- Ali --- and still continues.

These two figures, Ram and Krishna, existed long ago, and the religion of Hinduism has taken lives, filled them with myth and legend, and raised them to the status of gods.

Sorry, but what??? :blink:

Immate belongs only to the Imams. How on earth can you possibly say that the Divine Institution of Immate has passed through "people" (or whatever they were) such as Ram and Krishna?

"Immate belongs only to the Imams. How on earth can you possibly say that the Divine Institution of Immate has passed through "people" (or whatever they were) such as Ram and Krishna? "

- there have been Imams on earth since the beginning of life. This includes the fact that Imams were present before the historical Adam. The earth has never remained without Divine Guidance.

"Immate belongs only to the Imams. How on earth can you possibly say that the Divine Institution of Immate has passed through "people" (or whatever they were) such as Ram and Krishna? "

Just out of curiosity, were you ex-convert from Hindu?

Zareen, do you not believe that Imams have been here from the begining? Because this is not only Ismaili befief, this is a Shiite Belief. Just wondering why this that make sense if you think about it are so hard to understand....you don't have to believe it if you don't want to but at least try to understand the logic behind it.

Oh yes, some one had told the ismailite to read the Quran as a muslim..... i can not believe that was said --- are you yourself a muslim when you have the gall to say things like that to anyone eles? I mean who is a muslim and who is not is not for someone to individually decide for someone eles, personally i would fear Allah before even thinking so.....what happened to humility and kindness and respect for others? I don't see that anywhere......just assumptions and a belief that only you and peple that THINK the way you do are doing things like a muslim? I really am appauled. Sorry no offense but i do not believe degrading what you don't even completly know.......

Ya Ali Madad