Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Umar deserve an emmy for his performance - No less than that

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

:nono:

Can't have sunni syeds.  go & ask you Mujtahids or local Imambargah imam.

No- one is born a shia, we become shias through research.

Now although Dr Tijani the writer of many sunni-shia books is a confirmed descendent of Ali(sa).  he himself states this, but never uses the term syed for himself.  When he was asked this in Chicago, he said:

I lost my right of being a syed, when My ancestors changed and followed the Maliki school. When a son disobeys the father, the father loses connection with the son.

Hence, my point, would Imam Ali(sa) ever let his sons be a sunni????

Well either he would, or he would not.  Thus the loss of right for syeds who r non-shia.

Syeds r exclusive to shias.  Sunnis who claim to be sunni syeds are usully those who take pride in saying:

Sayidina Abu Baker-Nuzabillah!....comprendo!

• Advanced Member

sister naj,

oh no wait i should not call u a sister cuz that would mean becoming a sunni oh no wait it should b wahabbi. well actually ur problem is that u ppl are taught to fight with words and statements that fall back on ur face. we r taught to goive logic.

well just for a sec wonder y was Hazarat Ali(as) born in the ka'aba and not the first three caliphs. if we say something abt them(which is true) v say it again and again cuz there r logics for u ppl it is just an attempt to insult ur self more

so try learning from somebody who has taken the "ilm" from Najaf not from a Mullah or Books

Al-e-rasool gave us something that u ppl have forgotten

Islam Zinda hota hai har karbala ke bad

islam was reborn on the 10th of MOharram when Imam Hussain (as) proved to the world that what we have is the right path.

so think for once with ur brain not with ur .............

hub-e-Ali rahmatullah

bugz-e-Ali lanatullah

khuda hafiz

salma

• Advanced Member

I guess I do agree that Sunnis Syeds are not entitled to be called Syed. Syed does not only mean they are Qurashi or born from our Imams descendent but I believe they have to be A believer (A mumin) of the Wilayat of Ahlul Bayt.

If not then their position became just like a common Sunni man/woman. But if these Sunni Syed return back to the teaching of Ahlul bayt then they truly deserve all the respects due to being the descendent of our Lady Fatima Az Zahra (sa)

• Advanced Member

(salam),

Please refer to the below;

[b:post_uid0]Salaamalaikum,

1.) I have heard that Sunnis cannot be Syeds, as in decendents of Rasool SAW. Is this true?

2.) Does every Syed lose his right to be declared the blood of the prophet SAW if he is not on the right path?

Thanking you,

Wa'salaam

Asad Ali.

Salamun `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

The answer is as follows:

Bismihi Ta`ala

1) This is incorrect.

2) The mere this would not prevent him from being considered as one of the descendants of the Prophet Muhammad (s.). However, Allah the Sublime says: "The most respected of you before Allah s really the most fearful of Him".

With prayers for your success,

wassalam.[/b:post_uid0]

Once again, before there is room for doubt, you can confirm its authenticity by asking the office of Agha Khameni .

[i:post_uid0]Ask those who know[/i:post_uid0].

Wa'salaam

Asad Ali.

P.S I am still awaiting the reply from Syed Seestanis' office. Inshallah when i receive it i will post it.

• Advanced Member

Yeah, no-one is debating whether these sunnis cease to be the descendents.  But just that they lose their syed right!

After all, most sunnis think that Alhul Bait were all sunnis...ie)believe in caliphs and all that!

You'll have to get the full set of conditions from the respected Mujtahids.

• Advanced Member

Muslim-when you take up Islam.  

Momineen-When you take on Imaan.

Non-shia are muslims!  They have no Imaan.  After all, who is full of faith, save Imam Ali(sa).  Allah gave him that title in Khandaq, all sunni books say it!  Bruzalal Imaan.......

So you have to be a part of Ali(sa) to have Imaan.  That's done by taking up wilayat and love!  If you don't have Imaan you become Munafiq!

Muslims are not promised Heaven, Mutaqees are!  Imam Ali(sa) is Imamul Mutaqeena!

I hope you are still with me!

Syed right:

When a prince runs away and goes against the kingdom, he loses the title of princehood!

When a syed goes and becomes jews/christians and sunni, he loses his syedness!

Now a prince can come back on good term with the kingdom, but he won't get back his title, cos his credability is gone!

same with syeds!

Ya ALi Madad

• Advanced Member

(salam),

I thought Syed means those descendent who follow the teaching of Ahlul Bayt.

Sis i don't know where you get this from but it is really ridiculous. Being a Syed means literally being a decendent of Rasool SAW, hence my question to Wilayah.org.

There is a Difference between a Syed Momin and a Syed Muslim.

Wa'salaam

Asad Ali.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Sis Zareen,

I think Sayyid, Syed, Seyyed are all the same one lah :) . Though I could be wrong... :cry:

Just that in roman letters, it's hard to have uniformity when converting from arabic. :s

Out of respect some people call some Maulanas or scholars "sayyids" even though they are not really sayyids through descendents.

Edited By 145_turbo_16V on 1034326670

• Advanced Member

Salaam. I find this discussion so useless and a waste of time. Im sorry. The greatest in Allahs sight are those who are greatest in piety, the most humble and fearful of their Lord, always in constant remeberence of him, looking at every action, afraid that it is wrong, making sure everything is for the love of Allah. This is the TRUE believer, regardless of something as trivial as his ancestry. Salaam.

• Advanced Member

AsSalaamu Alaykum.

Br/Sis I can tell you that this type of dicussions will never ever go anyware. Due to one simple fact. And that is Our Sunni Br/Sis have a different understanding of our Holy Prophet (p.b.u.h.a.h.p). We first need to address this point and if this ever gets resolved they will understand the status of Ahlul Bayt(a.s) and will be able to differenciate bwtween the enemy and follower of Ahlul Bayt(a.s).  So they will never acknowledge any thing, even though they know that Iblis(satan) was very obebient and strong worshiper of Allah(s.w.t) and due to these facts a jinn(Iblis) was given rank among the angels. But if the start is good don't mean the end will be good to. His end was because of his not accepting the Kahalifaallah all his previous deeds were of no use. and he became condemed till the end of time.

WS.

Edited By Anonymous. on 1035052883

• Advanced Member
Non-shia are muslims!  They have no Imaan.  After all, who is full of faith, save Imam Ali(sa).  Allah gave him that title in Khandaq, all sunni books say it!  Bruzalal Imaan.......

So you have to be a part of Ali(sa) to have Imaan.  That's done by taking up wilayat and love!  If you don't have Imaan you become Munafiq!

• Advanced Member

(salam),

I apologise for some of the remarks on this thread. They are said from the depths of ignorance.

Non Shias' have Imaan but it is not correct. This is due to a number of reasons.

Slave of Abu Talib, so all non shias are Munafiqs?

Muslimah sis, many paths which are true hold pain. Because you are something which others aren't, you may be called names and cursed. I am not saying you will be over here so get ready, i am saying that when searching for the truth be ready for anything.

Likewise, we have some people here who have no aim of acheiving unity but to create discord among Shias and Sunnis.

May Allah SWT have mercy on them.

Wa'salaam

Asad Ali.

• Advanced Member

Salaamu alaykum

"Munafiq

a hypocrite, one whose external appearance is Islam (praying, fasting, "activism", etc.) but whose inner reality conceals kufr - often unbeknownst to the person themselves. (See Al-Baqarah: 8-23). A Munafiq is more dangerous and worse than a Kafir."

I hope all is well.

I see it again. So, to straighten this out, me being a sunni sister trying to learn of the shia practice of Islam, have no faith because I am not yet shia? Also, if I don't have this iman, I am munafiq? So, that simply because I am sunni now I am faith-less, and a hypocrite worse than the kafir?

I usually sign "your sister in islam" but I really question now whether I would be considered a sister in Islam on this list.

Sister Muslimah_IBe,

Salam o Alekum,

According to Shia, Ahly Sunnat brothers and sisters are MUSLIMs. This is why we can eat their halal, pray next to them, make friend with them etc. This is why when a Sunni becomes a Shia he does not have to repeat his Salat, Fasts, Hajj etc which he did when he was a Sunni.

However, there is an understanding that the deeds performed without the belief in Ahlul Bait (as) are not accepted by Allah.

Khuda Hafiz.

Edited By Orion on 1035388487

• Advanced Member

Salaamu alaykum

Orion and Baatil Ka Kaatil

Thank you for your responses. It is just frustrating that you spend time defending shia brothers and sisters while some "sunnis" tear them down, only to seek knowledge and acceptance from some shia who complain of, yet perpetrate, the same harsh insults and just plain disrespect.

I understand many shia believe sunnis are muslims. Even the post I quoted mentioned that, but to say I have no imaan or incorrect iman, without even knowing what it is I believe, just because I temporarily label myself as sunni (because it seems our ummah demands labels) I have incorrect iman? Only I, Allah, and those I confide in know what I truly believe (about Imam Ali, about the sunni "caliphate", about these differences), yet I am still told I either have no iman or have incorrect iman. Perhpas because I ahve called myself sunni, it is assumed I believe in the perfectness and rightful place of the first three caliphs. Is this it? In that case I guess I have to label myself in limbo for the time being, neither sunni or shia, just muslim. But then again, I would still have no iman. How is this any different from the insults targeted toward the shia by some sunnis and others without even knowing what that individual believes?

I can't believe this and similar posts have hurt me so. It's ok, I'm tired already of having this conversation after only three similar responses I've made since being a member for only about two weeks. I see I have mistaken. I will read what shia scholars have to say about the issues with which I have questions. I won't give up seeking the truth, insha Allah; but I will abandon seeking  friendship, understanding, and tolerance on both shia AND sunni internet lists. It always ends up dissappointing. If it's there, then fine, alhamdulillah. If not, no suprise. Although I don't have any shia friends here, I do have a husband in which I can confide.

Also, I've read others say sunnis leave this list because they are faced with the fact that their beliefs are wrong and they know it and they hate the turth. Well, something to consider: maybe some leave the list because maybe they can't get answers to their sincere questions, or patience and tolerance, and they see the same hypocritical insults they have all too often heard sunnis make toward shia sisters and brothers. For me, I will try to steer clear of this forum, and stick to the Sisters Forum or the General Forum since I've met some really nice and concerned sisters and brothers there.

Again, thank you two for your concern and reponses.

• Advanced Member

Dear Sister Muslimah_IBe,

Salaamun Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatohu.

Sister, you need'nt fear because what Brothers Asad Ali and Orion have told you is correct.

Actually Sister, you are in a unique situation having been a Sunni Sister, and now thinking of converting to the Shia faith. Please use logical reasoning and INSHAALLAH you will see the path for your self.

At this stage may I recommend the site called Islamic Unification Movement or e-mail them at (I tried to access the sub pages from that site just now but could'nt, perhaps if you try now or later you may be able to.)

Allah HAFIZ.

Your Shia Brother in Islam,

Shahid Abbas Bokhari.

The Lover of the AHLUL BAYT A.S.

• Advanced Member

Sister Muslimah_IBe,

Salam o Alekum,

No need to get disappointed. I am very happy to learn about your beliefs. I know many who have views similar to yours. Some of them remain to be identified as "Sunni" and some swith to be identified as "Shia".

Generally when someone says that he is "Shia" or "Sunni" people assume that thiey hold the mainstream vies of the respective groups. This may prove to be a mistake in many cases.

I have not read this thread but If you have any questions about Shia belefs, please feel free to ask. There are many on this board who will be happy to answer your questions without pre-judging you.

Khuda Hafiz.

• Advanced Member

Salaamu alaykum

Thanks to you both. I have already begun asking questions in one of the other forums (in response to Brother Syed Atif Ali B's post about getting physically attacked by a sunni)> Please excuse me, I don't yet know how to paste the direct hyperlink for the specific message.

It was the issue of infallibility that only stumps me, and it's a big stump, but insha Allah I will learn.

I have visited OneUmmah many times in the past, particularly when it first went online. It is great, but sometimes I find that my questions, which will determine me being shia or sunni, are a little too technical. I was hoping to be directed to a more technical place to find answers. That's why I came here.

Thank you again!

your sister in Islam????? *happy again  :wacko: *

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Let me clarify.  We all know that munafiqs are those that know the truth and still refuse it.

I strongly have constantly said that any person who has a true intention to search for the truth will go to Heaven!

I say many things which are brief.

Look Islam is no a religion we are born into.  I was born into shia Islam, but to get to the stage I am at now took a lot of research.  Many Shia converts have a true realisation of what the truth!

Islam is about research.  The day of research never ends!

for those that it does, they are either Kafir or munafiq!  I include shias into this!

we r all resposible, we must always have the intention to accept the truth!  If you win against your desire then you reach your truth!

Muslimah, I think what I said before was too brief, i can't wite for all the individuals but a question?

How can I believe that a ignorant sunni will go to heaven while a researching true intentioned kafir will go to hell?

If a kafir has a true intention to find the truth and dies in that process, then he has done jihad!  He might not be able to comprehend the Tawhid, but his intention will be seen!

In this process, most decent sunnis who wanted to know but were not told will be fortunate!

Those sunnis who know or who don't research are the truth munafiqs!

Wasalaam-If I am wrong then tell me where! :D

• Advanced Member
(

How can I believe that a ignorant sunni will go to heaven while a researching true intentioned kafir will go to hell?

If a kafir has a true intention to find the truth and dies in that process, then he has done jihad!  He might not be able to comprehend the Tawhid, but his intention will be seen!

In this process, most decent sunnis who wanted to know but were not told will be fortunate!

Those sunnis who know or who don't research are the truth munafiqs!

Wasalaam-If I am wrong then tell me where! :D

• 1 year later...