Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Syed Shias and Syed Sunnis

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Wasnt sure where to post this, but it will go here I suppose.

Im confused about there being Syed Shias and Syed Sunnis. Yes, I know people marry back and forth, but really how can one be Syed and still be Sunni? If they are descendants of the Imams, then doesnt that naturally mean they are Shia? :unsure:

Hope this question isnt too dumb. :Hijabi:

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

well..good qeustion but i tond think that you being a decendant of the Holy Imams(as) would automatically makeyou a Shia. you see,right now, we are "supposedly" the decendantsof abdulrahman ibn ouf. so does that make me an enemy of Ahlulbayt (as)? no!

anyway,that is what i think.i might be wrong or right. INshallah hte other more knowledgeable sisters and brothers will give yo a better and logical answer.

wasalaam

fi amanillah

• Advanced Member
(salam)

Wasnt sure where to post this, but it will go here I suppose.

Im confused about there being Syed Shias and Syed Sunnis. Yes, I know people marry back and forth, but really how can one be Syed and still be Sunni? If they are descendants of the Imams, then doesnt that naturally mean they are Shia? :unsure:

Hope this question isnt too dumb. :Hijabi:

they should be shia and actully they were shia in first place

what i understand so far is that during early ages and then in india during the rule or agurangzeb alamgier lots of shia went in taqia to protect them selves from anger of rulers and when they hide there religion and they brought up there kidz as sunni the generation turns into complete sunnis for good.

was salam

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Being a syed does not necessarily guarantee iman. There are a lot of syeds who are sunnis. This is becasue of two major reasons. 1) They are'nt true syeds. They are fake. Some sunni guy just placed syed before his name and from that day on his generation becasme "syed". The second major reason has to do specifically with the syeds of indo pka subcontinent.

During the time of the mughal emperors a lot of arab syed shias migrated from different countries to india (since india was a rich place and had a lot to offer during the time of the mughals). However some of the mughal emperors were prejudiced against shias. They didnt offer them jobs. Hence a lot of syeds who had weak iman converted to sunnism just to gian a respectable living.

Besides these two reasons there can be countless other reasons one can think off.

Maybe some syed shia converted to sunnism becaue they were misguided and lost track. Or maybe a shia guy married a sunni girl; the kids turned out to be sunni..etc etc. Remember it just needs one person to become sunni and the rest of the generation can be affected!

wasalam,

wassee

• Advanced Member
they should be shia and actully they were shia in first place

what i understand so far is that during early ages and then in india during the rule or agurangzeb alamgier lots of shia went in taqia to protect them selves from anger of rulers and when they hide there religion and they brought up there kidz as sunni the generation turns into complete sunnis for good.

This Is what i heard from My Grandpa and my Dad!!

coze of the fear of aurangzeb lots of Syed ppl went in Taqia..thats why you see there are so many Syed Sunni!!

• Advanced Member

Actually, sunni syed are decendants from the prophet himself since he had many wives, and the lineage continued from there. Not all of the prophets wives liked Hazrat Ali and thus chose to side with the 3 caliphas after the prophet's death, thus aligning themselves with the sunni sect. Eg. Aisha.

Ofcourse there is debate whether to be a syed you must be an offspring from the line of Bibi Fatima Zehra (as) or have the blood of the prophet in you.

• Advanced Member
Actually, sunni syed are decendants from the prophet himself since he had many wives, and the lineage continued from there.

No offence meant, but sister are you aware of history? No wife of the Holy Prophet pbuh had any surviving children. Fatima Zahra (as) was the only child. Hence all descendants of Prophet were in fact sons of either the Imams (as) or sons of the children of Imam Ali (as)

• Advanced Member

LOL... none taken. I apologize for my ignorance. That is actually what sunni syeds have told me, when I questioned them about the basis of their claim to sadat. Ofcourse, I shouldn't have stated so in such a matter-of-fact way. And ofcourse, my knowledge of history is limited. Sorry.

• Advanced Member
Actually, sunni syed are decendants from the prophet himself since he had many wives, and the lineage continued from there. Not all of the prophets wives liked Hazrat Ali and thus chose to side with the 3 caliphas after the prophet's death, thus aligning themselves with the sunni sect. Eg. Aisha.

Ofcourse there is debate whether to be a syed you must be an offspring from the line of Bibi Fatima Zehra (as) or have the blood of the prophet in you.

my friend

The Prophet pbuh 's generation only and only continue from Janab e Fatima Zehra (as)

i had listen from well knowned ulema that the only people who can called them selves Syed are the one who directly decendent to Janab e Fatima Zehra (as) .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Salaam,

Imam Hussein left one son only to continue the Husseini lineage . Do you people knew that Imam Zainal Abidin , had 6 wives , all in his life , cos he married first at the age of 17 , with his first wife , she is older than the imam , 27 years old . she bore imam with 7 wives . In all his lives Imam had 36 children , some of them are not known to all the people . For example the children from the first wife migrated to yemen then to gujerat and then finally all the 7 brothers migrated to Jawa island in indonesia .

so brothers for those who dont know about prophet Muhamad lineage please be careful about what you talk .

• Advanced Member

And he (Imam Ja'far) spoke to his companions concerning his son 'Abdu'l-lah: He does not follow (the religion) which you follow, and verily I have nothing to do with him. May Allah the Mighty and Glorious have nothing to do with him.

Wa'Salam

Ali

• Advanced Member

Apart from a few noted misconceptions, I would agree with what most of what has been said. Sunni syeds are quite common in the Indo-Pak region (I am not sure how prevalent they are elsewhere) for the reasons of persecution especially by Aurangzeb. So generations grew up without knowing their 'true identity' but despite these circumstances great influences of shia beliefs such as commemorating muharram remained. The people who couldn't openly declare themselves Shia came up with creative ways to further their beliefs and to overcome the systematic brutality inflicted upon them. Alot of poetry, especially in the sufi style has mentions of the 14 masoomeen, panjatans, love of Ali (as) etc.

In my own family, a few generations ago, everyone subscribed to the Hanafi fiqh in their method of praying etc but every year used to commemorate Muharram with grief and Iranian style of doing matam with drums. This had been handed down as a family tradition. They would recite the shajra (oral recitation of the family tree) in verse so they could never forget their 'roots'. Their love for the Masoomeen (as) was aplenty. They revered them as their 'pirs'. It wasn't until some people (two or three) returned from Najaf and other Madressas - remember in those days it was difficult to travel such a distance - with knowledge of Jafari fiqh, during the time of my great grandfather, that they were taught the 'way of their ancestors'. And so the word went on. It was my great grandfather who switched from praying salah according to the hanafi fiqh to that of imamia.

But that was another age, another time. They were simple folk leading simple lives. I think that is all that could be expected of them. May God bless them and have mercy on their souls.

I have been told there was a time during Islamic History (I think in Iran) Syeds were considered bad luck. Apparently, or so the legend said, if you met a Syed in the street, you could be sure to 'dissappear' yourself. Dissappear was the euphamism for getting killed. God knows how much is true but the fact remains, out of the lovers and followers of Ahle Bait (as) Syeds were systematically 'picked out' and persecuted. Its not too hard to figure out why. In the days of Ummayad and Abbasid rule Syed was synonymous with Shia and Supporter of Ali and the aimmah (as) and therefore a natural enemy of those in illigitimate power: the caliphs.

• 5 years later...
  • Basic Members

*sigh* ok this is just my opinion and we're all allowed to disagree here...and im a very proud shia and no offense is meant to any1

Anyway I believe that shiaism has been greatly misconstrued and misinterpreted...u cannot be born a "shia"...i mean if ur from a shia family that doesnt necessarily mean ur a "shia"... shiaism is just a belief...its a concept...its the under lying principle of waqiya qarbala...that is not to bow down infront of evil...jhoot k aage sar na jhukkana gardan katta lena mager kabhi sarr na jhukana...thats the concept...and thats wat shiaism is...so saying that all syeds have to be shias is a wrong comparison...ur comparing something whcih is by default in ur bloodline with something which is a belief (beliefs are incorporated into u...beliefs can change...blood cannot)...i mean seriously a christian could follow up on shiaism and gain the knowledge and understand shiaism and be actually a shia :) its a belief!!!and im sorry but matam doesn't make u a shia :P (and unfortunately 50% of the shia's might not understand the gist of matam either...) which is sad cos alot of shias might actually think that matam makes them shia (and its in the quran that if theres something in ur religion that draws some1 else away from it then u can leave that :) )...for all i care u could be doing matam all day long but if in the end u suck up to "the man" (yazid in imam hussains case...) cos your not man enuf to stick it to "the man" and ur just a coward who'd rather bow down and suck upto the man instead of holding his head high and defying wats wrong then no ur not a shia :) i wouldnt care how many majalis u attend or how u wear black thru muharram and even safar!!!well im just belaboring here but the point im making that shiaism is a belief and its not in your bloodline...a sunni could be more of a shia if he fights like imam hussain for the right thing and does not bow down for the truth...its just this political mess and we've made these differences ourselves (err u could blame the ummayads for the differences really) its just a belief which honestly not many of us follow :) (oh and im pointing towards alot of shias right now) so if ur thinking that sunnis dont have "iman" then not alot of us have that either...i mean fine we commemorate his sacrifice and we remember him but do we actually follow the fundamental purpose of the sacrifice?...but really shia or sunni WHO THE HELL CARES !? how can we differentiate ourselves from some1 based on a belief!??!?!?!? so if you think you are a shia...stop and think and tell me wat makes u a shia...does saying alliyun waliullah wasio rasoolallah waakhalifatuhu billafasal make u a shia or does doing matam make u a shia ? (oh and since we're on that the addition in the "shia kalima" was the most stupid thing to do :) its just a declaration of your beliefs :) y dont we keep the fundamentals of islam in our kalima alone :) and keep our beliefs in our minds and not turn away others from our religion...because many sunnis say that shias have a different kalima...which is true and the most stupidest thing we can do!!!so by adding that to the kalima are we implying that if you dont believe in that you are a non muslim ? the last time i checked the kalima during the prophets time was only one that whcih the sunnis have...so WHY DO WE HAVE TO DIFFERENTIATE OURSELVES LIKE THAT !? i mean come on!!!its like adding the importance of namaz in ur kalima and saying that every1 who doesnt say the kalima like that is a non muslim...but obviously the main stream people would just think ur "defying" the "fundamental kalima" by adding watever...so really lets keep our beliefs to ourselves in our minds :) so who here can tell me wat matam is about :) and why in this world we base so much importance on it ? is matam wat makes you shia ? matam is an expression of ur love for hussain!!!i repeat its an "EXPRESSION" of your love for hussain...its when u really feel that pain that imam hussain did and then u do matam because u want to share that pain (like hazrat awais qurni ? was that his name ? the guy who broke all 32 of his teeth after badar when hazrat muhammad lost 2 of his teeth) so its an expression of ur love and ur pain...but its been publicized into a mechanical activity that ur taught to do even if u have that "intensity" of feeling within u or not...ive seen a mother beat up her 4 5 year old son to do zanjeer zanni...I MEAN WAT THE hell!? if the child doesnt feel the love and the pain that hussain felt then damn right all that sunni [Edited Out]ing is right about hurting urself is not allowed!!!im just saying that please dont do matam because its a social obligation (because that does not make u shia) but only do matam when u feel that pain and u want to do matam...but if u dont feel the pain to that level or intensity then dont think its a social obligation and thats wat makes u shia...cos it doesnt...if u believe in standing up for wats right and never bow down to wrong then god damn it u are a shia and u dont need to do matam to prove it...haha and as far as the topic goes :) ur a syed by default cos its in ur blood :) ur a shia (even if ur a sunni/christian/jew/hindu) only if u gain knowledge abt wat happened and understand things and live like hussain and follow those principles u get from karbala...and ur not a shia (even if u are a shia) if u dont like like hussain :) (even if u do matam everyday)

anyway, enough said...and im sorry if i hurt anyone or said things in an unacceptable manner. But, I just feel sad how we shias have potrayed ourselves wrong. May peace be with all of you. Allah hafiz. And my apologies again to anyone I may have possibly offended.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

:yaali: i have nearly read all of the posts and i just wanted say firstly Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) had onli 1 child which is Hazrat Bibi Fatima Zahra from here all the syeds are from Hazrat Imam Ali's children then passing on Hazrat Imam Hussein's children going down all the 12 imams

Sunni syeds aren't fake (some are but not alll of them) for example i heard a lady say that she is a syedzadi and is from the family of Abu Bakr now firstly abu bakr was not a syed he was not connected to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) from ani direction so clearly sunni syeds are misguided. Now the term shia means Shiaiyan e Ali meaning friends of Ali and indirectly Syeds are the children of Hazrat Imam Ali as well so obviously if Sunni syeds claim they are syeds then originally they have to be shia because how can some one be an enemy a dushman to the person they indirectly orginate from that's like hating your own father the person whom ur from. Even I have heard my own relatives who are sunni's talking bad stuff about us jus coz we are shia's.

And another thing, how the hell are syed women allowed to marry non syed can some1 explain this? coz from my point of view me being a syed woman and would not want my husband to be a non syed, yeah even they are humans but to me being a syed is something I'am proud of being a syeda it's honourable me getting married to a non syed will turn me into non syed as welll my children willl be non syed that's like throwing myself out of the syed family me throwing myself out of Prophet Muhammad's (pbuh) family that's equal to insulting the Ahlul Bait

another thing i would like to add that shiaism is a belief we are the follower of Allah Prophet Muhammad Imam Ali and the 12 imams and the 14 masoomeins we weren't born this is a belief we've grown up with our parents have tuaght us how to be a good shia and frankly speaking we are the supporters of Imam Hussein after the brutality in karbala we onli support Imam Hussein not onli coz he is the grandson of Holy Prophet because he was right and yazeed was wrong that's h straight forward it is

Also today people can proudly can call themselves muslims coz of Imam Hussein if he reallly had listened to yazeed and did wt yazeed was telling Imam Hussein to do i would have ashamed to calll my self a muslim. Muslims can wear hijab and respect coz of wt happened in karbala or else seriously my hijab would have been in my brothers hands and no would do anithign about it

Well, I'm happy for you all who belong to the Brahmin caste, but not all of us are so fortunate. We were born inferior unfortunately.

What's ironic is that for all of the "a sayyid can only marry a sayyid" mentality you find in the region, I've noticed that Indo-Pakistani sayyids generally look pretty much like any other Indian from the subcontinent...

• Forum Administrators

(salam)

I think anyone who makes the claim that they are from the descendants of the Prophet (pbuh) should give evidence if they are truthful. Especially if they use this 'title' to gain some sort of advantage, which many people do.

Well, I'm happy for you all who belong to the Brahmin caste, but not all of us are so fortunate. We were born inferior unfortunately.

Excellent point.

Edited by Qa'im
  • 1 year later...
  • Basic Members

Hi brother and sister,

I just would like to let you know that whoever belong to hazart Fatima as and his son of Imam Hussain as 's branches are syed and even Hazart Ali were more than one married. it does not mean that they are syed because of hazart Ali, no because of Hazart Fatima as and from Hazart Hussain's as branches. you know what i mean. I think Hazart Muhammad sallal la-ho waale wasallam has only one kalma and that one is in the announcement of five time prayer. There is no amendment in Islam. What ever Rashool Allah did Muslim to the all his companion I believed they said the same kalma one and two. nothings is else otherwise it is amendment in Islam and not only is amendment in Rashool Allah 's message for the Arab people at that time when they accept Islam. [When this shia system started first who called to himself or them self that we are shia when it is started and why? Every one love to Rashool Allah 's family and ale baith. I do not think that we hide our identity because of Aurangzeb was killing to us without any reason in India. But what about Iran and Iraq and other countries' king or presidents. they were not killing at that time they did not hide their identity. Why we beat our self if I considered that because we really feel pain by heart but tell me what happened if A father has three month or 21 years old son or daughter died by accident, that he will beat every years because he loves too much and he feel pain in his heart. While Allah said if we do patient then you will be get a better rewards in the judgment day.

May Allah give us hadayat in the right and straight truth path. Ameen!

• Veteran Member

Hi brother and sister,

I just would like to let you know that whoever belong to hazart Fatima as and his son of Imam Hussain as 's branches are syed and even Hazart Ali were more than one married. it does not mean that they are syed because of hazart Ali, no because of Hazart Fatima as and from Hazart Hussain's as branches. you know what i mean. I think Hazart Muhammad sallal la-ho waale wasallam has only one kalma and that one is in the announcement of five time prayer. There is no amendment in Islam. What ever Rashool Allah did Muslim to the all his companion I believed they said the same kalma one and two. nothings is else otherwise it is amendment in Islam and not only is amendment in Rashool Allah 's message for the Arab people at that time when they accept Islam. [When this shia system started first who called to himself or them self that we are shia when it is started and why? Every one love to Rashool Allah 's family and ale baith. I do not think that we hide our identity because of Aurangzeb was killing to us without any reason in India. But what about Iran and Iraq and other countries' king or presidents. they were not killing at that time they did not hide their identity. Why we beat our self if I considered that because we really feel pain by heart but tell me what happened if A father has three month or 21 years old son or daughter died by accident, that he will beat every years because he loves too much and he feel pain in his heart. While Allah said if we do patient then you will be get a better rewards in the judgment day.

May Allah give us hadayat in the right and straight truth path. Ameen!

Your knowledge of Islamic world history is very poor. Your knowledge of definition of Syed is faulty. Your knowledge of Shia Islam is extremely poor lets hope your knowledge of Sunni Islam is better.

Allah teaching us patience is correct but doesnt advocate patience against injustice genocide brutality etc.

5 times prayer correct

you said Hz Mohammed (pbuhahp) correct

thats about it

Firstly, a "syed" is one who descended from both Ali and Fatima, therefore descendants of Muhammad b. Hanafiya are not sayeds.

Secondly syeds are both from AlHasan and AlHusein.

Thirdly, after Hasan and Hussein, the rest of 12 Imams constitute small number of total number of sayyeds, others include Zayd b. Ali, Hasan b. Hasan etc.

Lastly there is a difference between a shia, meaning partisan or supporter, and syed who may be either shia or not. Many of the Hasanid Imams were "Zaydi" meaning they fought against injustice of Umayyad and Abbasids, while others shied away from politics resorting to teaching the new Muslims the religion eg Jafar Al-Sadiq

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Let's not lose sight here. We are told by the Prophet himself to respect his progeny and there are many ahadith detailing the blessed state of Fatima's (sa) progeny. We are grateful to have remnants of the Ahlul Bayt along with us.

However, just because someone is Syed, does NOT mean that s/he is automatically, reserves the right to be on siratil mustaqeem. We see cases of direct brothers/cousins of Ahlul Bayt disobeying the command. God chooses whomsoever He likes. He may like individual that are from Fatima's progeny due to love and the status of Fatima. It is only the love of the Ahlul Bayt that gives the status to the Saadat in the first place. However, lets not forget that Syeds have free will too, they choose the path the lead. You could argue they are more likely to follow the true path just as illegitimate children are more likely not to.

The bottom line is everyone is equal in the eyes of God and no one will be wronged on the Day of judgement, the status of Syed is only upheld because of the love and respect we have for their ancestors and their family roots, for Allah swt has deemed the progeny of Fatima (sa) special.

• Veteran Member

*sigh*...I don't understand why people are so obsessed with this Syed issue. Oh well...

Let's just clear something up about what the Shia definition of Syed is. A Syed is a decendant of Imam Ali (as) and Lady Fatima (as). Its that simple. Not sure what the Sunni definition is since in basic terms Syed means "Sir".

Also, for some reason people in the Indo/Pak region keep bringing up the fact that Syed girls can't marry Non-Syed men. That's not true. You can marry anyone you wish as long as that man has good Iman and is a good Muslim.

You can have Sunni Syeds as well. They have chosen to follow the Sunni school of thought. That doesn't make them evil, it doesn't make them kafir or any of that nonsense. They are still within the fold of Islam.

It doesn't matter if you are a Syed or not. Its whether you are a pious Muslim which will make all of the difference on Judgment Day. There are many Syeds who are Muslim only by association. They don't pray, don't fast, don't help the needy and sit around indulging in sin all day. At that point what difference does it make if they are Syed or not.

Just be a pious Muslim. That's all that matters. Your ancestry does not make you better by default.

P.S. I am a Musavi Syed for those that are wondering.

• 2 years later...
  • Basic Members

(bismillah)Brother & Sisters (salam) : Aactually this topic need a deep study, low level knowledge is like ( NEEM HAKEEM KHTA E JAN) according to the soule of topic here you can say ( KAM ILAM KHTRA E IMAN ), lets come to the real topic, I would like to refer all my Brothers and Sisters to study the book ( 14 Stars ) written by Allama Najmul Hassan Kararvi giving full intoduction of the (Race) Generation of 14 Maasoomin, their birth, their life style, Mairrages, Death e.t.c. He eleborated over the topic when he cae over the life style of Hazrat Zaid Shaheed (qas) saying: That he was serving as farmer with one non sayed due to his poorness and due extreem Hate of the rulers and masses with Ahlobait (as) he did not disclosed his where about to his Maste. (Let considere that days for a while with present situation in Pakistan regarding Shia's). The writer says that with the passege of time one day his master came to Hazrat Zaid Shaeed (qas) with the Proposal of his Daughter. Hazrat Zaid (qas) was very upset, angry hearing about the proposal, Due to Extreem Hate of the Masses with the (Race) Generation of 14 Maasoomin, he was not in position to disclose the real facts that She is Sayyeda and could not be marry to him, so in the mid night as usual he sit for Tahjjud with extreem grive and Pray his Allah (j.j) for the Death of his Daughter. In the Morning when he a wake up, he saw that his Daughter was died and he burried her. This is the reality, If marriage of Sayyeda with non Sayyed was possible then why Hazrat Zaid Shaheed (qas) was angry, upset and prayed for the death of his only Daughter, and the Allah (J.J) considered his cry????? So the result is the a SAYYEDA could not be Marry to a non SAYYED so what ever is the position is there.

• Basic Members

(bismillah)Brothers and Sisters (salam) , Who is Sayyed? This is also a waste knowledgable topic, Actually the Masses are devided in two school of thoughts. Shia and Suno, According to Shia shcool of thought there is no dout regardidng SAYYEDS and all the shia comunity is agreed that SAYYED's are from the (Race) Generation of Prophet (pbuh) and his dau;ghter Janab e SAYYEDA FATIMA ZEHRA who was married to Hazrat Ali (as), ( Comming to my First topic Marriage amongst the SAYYEDA with Non SAYYED) Let compare the situation of Hazrat Zaid Shaheed (qas) With Prophet (pbuh) when some prominent Sahaba (ra) were came with the proposal of SAYYEDA FATIMA ZEHRA (as)and the Propet (pbuh) was very sad and answer them " let see the well of Allah (J.J) to night a star will come down from sky over the house to whom my great daughter will be married. All the Sahaba (ra)were impassiously waiting for the seen all the night and the star was came down over the house of Hazrat Ali (as), So SAYYEDA (as) was Married to him. now coming to the present topic, and so on the Generation is continue from the only son of Hazrat Imam HUSSAIN whos name is Ali ibe Hussain (as) called (ZAIN UL ABIDEEN). On the other side one whos called SUNI, Yes there is also Found SAYYEDs, but the different is that some are them are not SAYYED by ( Race ) Generation as like Shia's, Coz in Suni concept those having birth on THIRSTDAY Night are also called SAYYED which is not right, How ever those in Suni's sect having True (race) Genration Tree are SAYYED and at the time when the SAYYED Race was under pressure and dangers were over their heads, Some SAYYEDs were hiden their Race like Hazrat Zaid Shaheed (qas) and with the passege of time they converted to suni sect, how ever most of them are very carefull in Mairrage like shia. They also looking for SAYYED to SAYYED proposals except some in rare cases. So the Sayyed are those who's Race/ Generation is from Prophet (pbuh) and his dau;ghter Janab e SAYYEDA FATIMA ZEHRA who was married to Hazrat Ali (as)and is continue from the only son of Hazrat Imam HUSSAIN whos name is Ali ibe Hussain (as) called (ZAIN UL ABIDEEN).

• Advanced Member

do you guys know what you even talking about??? your saying only imam hussain and his decendants were syed? syed is a decendant of the prophet so anyone like muhammad al hannnifiyah the son of imam ali, is a syed cause hes the son of ali.

• Advanced Member

My parents are both Sunni Syeds, my dad's lineage going to Imam Hasan A.S and my mom going all the way upto Imam Muhammad Taqi A.S. Unfortunateley after my coming to Shia Islam they still think they are on the right path and that I am in the wrong (i.e they are strict sunnis, they dont believe in Imamate etc )

What is absolutley hilarious is that when I SHOW THEM THEIR VERY OWN family tree that was kept with them for generations, it states the names of all the Imams upto Imam Muhammad Taqi (as) , INCLUDING THE WORD "IMAM", yet they still dont want to know anything about them or whatever pertains to Ahle Bait (as) :no:

Edited by Kirmani
  • Advanced Member

My parents are both Sunni Syeds, my dad's lineage going to Imam Hasan A.S and my mom going all the way upto Imam Muhammad Taqi A.S. Unfortunateley after my coming to Shia Islam they still think they are on the right path and that I am in the wrong (i.e they are strict sunnis, they dont believe in Imamate etc )

What is absolutley hilarious is that when I SHOW THEM THEIR VERY OWN family tree that was kept with them for generations, it states the names of all the Imams upto Imam Muhammad Taqi (as) , INCLUDING THE WORD "IMAM", yet they still dont want to know anything about them or whatever pertains to Ahle Bait (as) :no:

subhannallah brother the majority of muslims trace their linage to either imam musa al kadim (as) or imam ali, its very uncommon to be otherwise consider yourself llucky.

how long has it been since you came to shia islam for? if you have any questions about islam just message me

• Veteran Member

subhannallah brother the majority of muslims trace their linage to either imam musa al kadim (as) or imam ali, its very uncommon to be otherwise consider yourself llucky.

how long has it been since you came to shia islam for? if you have any questions about islam just message me

masha Allah, what a new and refreshing take on the whole sayed/non sayed issue.