Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Jhangvi - answer this and I'll become Sunni

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Jhangvi Manazare Azam

I posed a simple question to your brother Fatah and he didnt bother to answer it. You clearly are far too great to beasked such a difficult question. So here a nice easy one if you answer it I'll become Deobandi today, so here goes:

Your Website is called "Haq Char Yaar" - (The truth of the Four friends)

So can you produce ONE SAHIH HADITH where Rasulullah (s) said:

"I will be succeeded by Char Yaar, Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and 'Ali". I wont accept any new book by SSP. Show me an authetic source with a completely Sahih Isnad. Do it and I'll walk intop the nearest Deobandi Mosque and declare my allegiance to SSP.

What do you say?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abu Bakr.

Allah mentions and praises him in His Holy Qur'an in many verses:

Al-Lail (5-7):

"As for him who gives and keeps his duty, we facilitate for him the way to ease."

Al-Lail (17-21):

"And (away from the fire) shall be kept the most faithful who gives his wealth, thereby purifying himself,and seeks to gain no pleasure or reward other than the Presence of his Lord, the Most High."

Ibn al-Jawzi states that all Muslim scholars and the Companions were certain that these ayats referred to Abu Bakr. Among all the people he was called "Al-`Atiq," the most pious, delivered from the punishments of the fire.

Al-Ahzab (43):

When ayat 56 of Surah Al-Ahzab revealed that "Allah and his angels bless the Holy Prophet," Abu Bakr asked if he also was included in this blessing. Ayat 43 was then revealed stating:

"He it is who sends His blessing on you and so do His angels, that He may bring you forth out of darkness into light. And He is merciful to the believers."

Ar-Rahman (46):

Ibn Abi Hatim explained that ayat 46 of Surah Ar-Rahman came in reference to Abu Bakr as-Siddiq:

"And for him who fears to stand before his Lord there are two gardens."

Al-Ahqaf (15-16):

"We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents: in pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth. The carrying of the (child) to his weaning is thirty months. At length, when he reaches the age of full strength and attains forty years, he says, "O my Lord! Grant me that I may be grateful for Thy favor which Thou hast bestowed upon me, and upon both my parents, and that I may work righteousness such as Thou mayest approve; and be gracious to me in my issue. Truly have I turned to Thee and truly do I bow (to Thee) in submission." Such are they from whom We shall accept the best of their deeds and pass by their ill deeds: (they shall be) among the Companions of the Garden: a promise of truth, which was made to them (in this life)."

Ibn Abbas says that these ayats came as a description of Abu Bakr as-Siddiq, Allah honoring and elevating his state among all the Companions of the Prophet . Ibn Abbas notes further that ayat 158 of Surah Al-Imran was revealed in reference to Abu Bakr and Umar :

"And take council with them on important matters."

At-Tawbah (40):

Finally, the great honor accorded to Abu Bakr in accompanying the Holy Prophet on his flight from Makkah to Madinah, is referred to in the ayat:

"When the unbelievers drove him out, he had no more than one companion. The two were in the Cave, and he said to his companion, Fear not, for Allah is with us."

In addition to the praise of Allah, Abu Bakr as-Siddiq received the praise of the Holy Prophet and of his companions. This is recorded in many well known Hadiths.

The Holy Prophet said:

"Allah will show His glory to the people in a general way, but He will show it to Abu Bakr in a special way."***************

"Never has the sun risen or set on a person, other than a prophet, greater than Abu Bakr."

"Never was anything revealed to me that I did not pour into the heart of Abu Bakr."

"There is no one to whom I am obligated and have not repaid my debt except Abu Bakr, for I owe him much for which Allah will compensate him on the Day of Judgement."

"If I were to take an intimate friend (khalil) other than my Lord, I would have chosen Abu Bakr."

"Abu Bakr does not precede you because of much prayer or fasting, but because of a secret that is in his heart."

Bukhari narrates from Ibn 'Umar that, "In the time of the Prophet we were not recognizing anyone higher than Abu Bakr as-Siddiq, then 'Umar, then 'Uthman."

Bukhari also narrates from Muhammad ibn al-Hanafiya (Ali's son): "I asked my father, Who are the best people after Allah's Apostle He said, Abu Bakr. I Asked, Who then? He said, Then 'Umar. I was afraid he would say Uthman next, so I said: Then you? He replied, I am only an ordinary person."

Tabarani narrated through Mu`adh that the Prophet said, "I had a vision that I was put on one side of the scale and my Nation was put on the other side and I was heavier. Then Abu Bakr was put on one side and My Nation was put on one side and Abu Bakr was heavier. Then 'Umar was put on one side and My Nation was put on the other and 'Umar was heavier. Then 'Uthman was put on one side and My Nation on the other and 'Uthman was heavier. Then the scale was raised up."

Hakim narrated that Ali was asked, "O Ruler of the Faithful, tell us about Abu Bakr." He said, "He is a person whom Allah called as-Siddiq on the tongue of the Prophet and he is the khalif of the Prophet . We accept him for our religion and for our worldly life."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*********please do not use profanic, abusive or disrespectful language, if you dont like what you see ignore. THANKYOU.

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 8:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said, "If I were to take a Khalil, I would have taken Abu Bakr, but he is my brother and my companion (in Islam)."

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 11:

Narrated Jubair bin Mutim:

A woman came to the Prophet who ordered her to return to him again. She said, "What if I came and did not find you?" as if she wanted to say, "If I found you dead?" The Prophet said, "If you should not find me, go to Abu Bakr."

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 14:

Narrated 'Amr bin Al-As:

The Prophet deputed me to read the Army of Dhat-as-Salasil. I came to him and said, "Who is the most beloved person to you?" He said, " 'Aisha." I asked, "Among the men?" He said, "Her father." I said, "Who then?" He said, "Then 'Umar bin Al-Khattab." He then named other men.

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 22:

Narrated Abu Said:

The Prophet said, "Do not abuse my companions for if any one of you spent gold equal to Uhud (in Allah's Cause) it would not be equal to a Mud or even a half Mud spent by one of them."

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 24:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet once climbed the mountain of Uhud with Abu Bakr, 'Umar and 'Uthman. The mountain shook with them. The Prophet said (to the mountain), "Be firm, O Uhud! For on you there are no more than a Prophet, a Siddiq and two martyrs.

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 26:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

While I was standing amongst the people who were invoking Allah for Umar bin Al-Khattab who was lying (dead) on his bed, a man behind me rested his elbows on my shoulder and said, "(O 'Umar!) May Allah bestow His Mercy on you. I always hoped that Allah will keep you with your two companions, for I often heard Allah's Apostle saying, "I, Abu Bakr and 'Umar were (somewhere). I, Abu Bakr and 'Umar did (something). I, Abu Bakr and 'Umar set out.' So I hoped that Allah will keep you with both of them." I turned back to see that the speaker was Ali bin Abi Talib.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not use profanic, abusive or disrespectful language, if you do not like something on the post , ignore it.... thankyou.

hi dont u wahabies and _____gaandi (if i am right ) think that every muslim can be the

"who he " as u menssioned .

"who he " should be loal to prophit and his faimely and not who burns down the house of the holy famiely .

and " who he " should give the ahhl-e-bayt the priority then the his faimely's hounour as the mola prophit said " i am leaving the book and holy faimely behind "........

what do u say about that

hi dont u wahabies and _____gaandi (if i am right ) think that every muslim can be the

"who he " should be loal to prophit and his faimely and not who burns down the house of the holy famiely .

and " who he " should give the ahhl-e-bayt the priority then the his faimely's hounour as the mola prophit said " i am leaving the book and holy faimely behind "........

what do u say about that

what do u say about that

what do u say about that

what do u say about that

what do u say about that

• Advanced Member

Salam all

Hi fatah,

Finally, the great honor accorded to Abu Bakr in accompanying the Holy Prophet on his flight from Makkah to Madinah, is referred to in the ayat:

"When the unbelievers drove him out, he had no more than one companion. The two were in the Cave, and he said to his companion, Fear not, for Allah is with us."

We have been thru this b4. "Fear not" ??? why? why did the prophet say fear not?? Was abu bakr afraid?? waht was he afraid of? If he was such a grand person then he shouldnt be afraid. Just like Ali who was at that very moment in the Prophets bed waiting for the assains. Frea not shows that abu bakr was afraid coz he didnt want to die for the sake of Allah. now everyone knows waht ppl call a person who is afraid to die in Allahs cause dont we ppl?

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said, "If I were to take a Khalil, I would have taken Abu Bakr, but he is my brother and my companion (in Islam)."

We all knw that Ali was the Prophets brother in Islam. How??? Well when the Prophet said "ok everyone embrace the person who is next to you for he will be your brother in Islam. and i dont remember who it was but he was to embrace Bilal the slave (am i right my bros?) and when he did it was with total disgust. that time all had a bro except Ali. and the Prophet took Ali and embraced him and said "You are my bro in Islam"

"Abu Bakr does not precede you because of much prayer or fasting, but because of a secret that is in his heart."

We all know wat that secret is!!!!!

Alifaia

Salam all

Hi fatah,

We have been thru this b4. "Fear not" ??? why? why did the prophet say fear not?? Was abu bakr afraid?? waht was he afraid of? If he was such a grand person then he shouldnt be afraid. Just like Ali who was at that very moment in the Prophets bed waiting for the assains. Frea not shows that abu bakr was afraid coz he didnt want to die for the sake of Allah. now everyone knows waht ppl call a person who is afraid to die in Allahs cause dont we ppl?

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

We all knw that Ali was the Prophets brother in Islam. How??? Well when the Prophet said "ok everyone embrace the person who is next to you for he will be your brother in Islam. and i dont remember who it was but he was to embrace Bilal the slave (am i right my bros?) and when he did it was with total disgust. that time all had a bro except Ali. and the Prophet took Ali and embraced him and said "You are my bro in Islam"

We all know wat that secret is!!!!!

Alifaia

Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique (ra) did not express fear for his safety or life , He (ra) expressed concern for Prophet(saww) it same as I had put up topic previously"Ali (ra) refuses to obey Prophet(saww)" But did he (ra)? Of course not.

You readily accept when Prophet(saww) calls Hazrat Ali Assadullah&Saifullah (ra) as his brother, but look for excuses when other companions are addressed in similar way, this actually can explain may be Prophet(saww) meant as a brother in Islam when he(saww) addressed Ali (ra) as Haroon to Moses, it can be explained that as Moses left Haroon to mind the affairs in his absence, so did Prophet(saww) left Ali (ra) behind on that particular occasion behind to mind the daily affairs of people in his(saww) absence. ( on many other occassions he(saww) left other companions incharge of the affairs when ever he(saww) was absent from his city)

• Advanced Member
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:The Prophet said, "If I were to take a Khalil , I would have taken Abu Bakr, but he is my brother and my companion (in Islam)." 

Note: If I were to take a Khalil. He didn't. SO whats the problem?

• Advanced Member
But he(saww) took one step nearer "brother"

Your famous Sunni scholar, Allama Jalaludeen Suyooti, says:

the Holy Prophet: ALi you are my brother in this world and the hereafter.

This hadeeth is mutawatir and has been narrated in many places. This took place when Muhammad pbuh did hijrat to Medina. At that time he made Abu Bakr the brother of Umar. So when did he make Abu Bakr his own brother? Please provide references.

Your famous Sunni scholar, Allama Jalaludeen Suyooti, says:

the Holy Prophet: ALi you are my brother in this world and the hereafter.

This hadeeth is mutawatir and has been narrated in many places. This took place when Muhammad pbuh did hijrat to Medina. At that time he made Abu Bakr the brother of Umar. So when did he make Abu Bakr his own brother? Please provide references.

I know that the hadith about Ali (ra) is sahi(Haroon and Moses), but I know it is difficult for you to accept a sahi hadith about other companions I have provieded the refrences, please reffer to all my posts under this topic.

Edited by fatah
  • Advanced Member

salamu alaykum

"whoso ever I am maula Ali is his maula"

some references for fatah:

Sunni Traditionists who mentioned the Tradition of Ghadir Khum

==============================================================

1. Mohammed Ibn Idris al-Shafi'i (Imam al-Shafi'i, d. 204) per

"al-Nihayah" by Ibn al-Athir

2. Ahmad Ibn Hanbal (Imam al-Hanbali, d. 241), in "Masnad" and "al-Manaqib"

3. Ibn Majah (d. 273), in "Sunan Ibn Majah"

4. al-Tirmidhi (d. 279), in "Sahih al-Tirmidhi"

5. al-Nisa'i (d. 303), in "al-Khasa'is"

6. Abu-Ya'la al-Mousilli (d. 307), in "al-Masnad"

7. al-Baghawi (d. 317), in "al-Sunan"

8. al-Doolabi (d. 320), in "al-Kuna wal Asmaa"

9. al-Tahawi (d. 321), in "Mushkil al-Athar"

10. al-Hakim (d. 405), in "al-Mustadrak"

11. Ibn al-Maghazili al-Shafi'i (d. 483), in "al-Manaqib"

12. Muhammad al-Ghazzali (d. 505), in "Sirrul `Alamayn"

13. Ibn Mindah al-Asbahani (d. 512), in his book

14. al-Khatib al-Khawarizmi (d. 568), in "al-Manaqib" and "Maqtal al-Imam

al-Sibt"

15. Abul Faraj Ibn al-Jawzi (d. 597), in "Manaqib"

16. al-Ganji al-Shafi'i (d. 658), in "Kifayat al-Talib"

17. Muhib al-Din al-Tabari (d. 694), in "al-Riyadh al-Nadhirah" and

"Dhakha'ir al-'Aqabi"

18. al-Hamawainy (d. 722), in "Fara'id al-Samdtin"

19. al-Dhahabi (d. 748), in "al-Talkhis"

20. al-Khatib al-Tabrizi (d. 8th century), in "Mishkat al-Masabih"

21. al-Haythami (d. 807), in "Majma' al-Zawa'id"

22. al-Jazri (d. 830), in "Asna al-Matalib"

23. Abul Abbas al-Qastalani (d. 923), in "al-Mawahib al-Ladaniya"

24. al-Muttaqi al-Hindi (d. 975), in "Kanz al-Ummal"

25. Abdul Haqq al-Dihlawi, in "Sharh al-Mishkat"

26. al-Hurawi al-Qari (d. 1014), in "al-Muraqat fi Sharh al-Mishkat"

27. Taj al-Din al-Manawi (d. 1031), in "Kunooz al-Haqa'iq fi Hadith

Khair al-Khala'iq" and "Faidh al-Qadir"

28. al-Shaikhani al-Qadiri, in "al-Siratul Sawi fi Manaqib Aal al-Nabi"

29. Ba Kathir al-Makki (d. 1047), in "Wasilatul Amal fi Manaqib al-Aal"

30. Abu-Abdullah al-Zarqani al-Maliki (d. 1122), in "Sharh al-Mawahib"

31. Ibn Hamzah al-Dimashqi al-Hanafi, in "al-Bayan wal Taarif"

... and many others.

Sunni Commentators of Quran who mentioned Ghadir Khum

=====================================================

1. Ibn Jarir al-Tabari (d. 310), in "Tafsir al-Bayan"

2. al-Jassas (d. 370), in "Ahkam al-Quran"

3. al-Hafiz Abu Nu'aym (d. 430), in "Asbab al-Nuzool"

4. al-Tha'labi (d. 427 or 437), in "Tafsir al-Tha'labi"

5. al-Wahidi (d. 468), in "Asbab al-Nuzool"

6. al-Qurtubi (d. 568), in "Tafsir Jamiul Hukam al-Quran"

7. al-Fakhr al-Razi (d. 606), in "al-Tafsir al-Kabir"

8. al-Khazin Baghdadi (d. 741), in "Tafsir al-Khazin"

9. al-Nisaboori (8th century), in "Tafsir al-Nisaboori"

10. Ibn Kathir (d. 774), in his "Tafsir" (complete version) under the verse

5:3 (It is ommitted in coincise version!) narrated from Ibn Mardawayh.

11. al-Hafiz Jalaluddin al-Suyuti (d. 910), in his "Tafsir"

12. al-Khatib al-Sharbini, in his "Tafsir"

13. Abu al-Saud al-Hanafi (d. 972), in his "Tafsir"

14. al-Aloosi al-Baghdadi (d. 1270), in his "Tafsir"

... and many others.

Sunni Historians who mentioned the Tradition of Ghadir Khum

===========================================================

1. Ibn Qutaybah (d. 276), in "Ma'arif" and "Imamah wal Siyasah"

2. al-Baladhuri (d. 279), in "Ansab al-ashraf"

3. Ibn Zawlaq al-Laithi al-Misri (d. 287), in his book

4. Ibn Jarir al-Tabari (d. 310), in an exclussive book "Kitabul Wilayah"

5. al-Khatib al-Baghdadi (d. 463), in "Tarikh Baghdad"

6. Ibn Abd al-Bar (d. 463), in "al-Isti'ab"

7. al-Shahristani (d. 548), in "al-Milal wal Nihal"

8. Ibn 'Asakir (d. 571), in "Tarikh Ibn 'Asakir" and "Yaqoot al-Hamawi"

9. Ibn al-Athir (d. 630), in "Usd al-Ghabah"

10. Sibt Ibn al-Jawzi (d. 654), in "Tadhkirat Khawas al-Ummah"

11. Ibn Abi al-Hadid (d. 656), in "Sharh Nahjul Balagha"

12. Ibn Khalkan (d. 681), in "Tarikh Ibn Khalkan"

13. Abul Fida (d. 732), in his "Tarikh"

14. al-Dhahabi (d. 748) , in "Tadhkirat al-Huffadh"

15. al-Yafi'i (d. 768), in "Miraat al-Jinan"

16. Ibn al-Shaikh al-Balawi, in "Alef Baa"

17. Ibn Kathir (d. 774), in "al-Bidayah wal Nihayah"

18. Ibn Khaldoon (d. 808), in "al-Muqaddimah"

19. al-Nuwairi (d. ~833), in "Nihayat al-Irab fi Finoon al-Adab"

20. al-Maqrizi (d. 845), in "al-Khitat"

21. Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani (d. 852), in "al-Isabah" and "Tahdhib al-Tahdhib"

22. Ibn al-Sabbagh al-Maliki (d. 855), in "al-Fusool al-Muhimmah"

23. Mir Khand (d. 903), in "Habib al-Siyar"

24. Jalalulddin al-Suyuti (d. 910), in "Tarikh al-Khulafa"

25. Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, (d. 974), in "al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah"

26. al-Hafiz Ahmad Ibn Muhammad al-'Asimi, in "Zain al-Fata"

27. al-Qirmani al-Dimashqi (d. 1019), in "Akhbar al-Duwal"

28. Noor al-Din al-Halabi (d. 1044), in "al-Sirah al-Halabiyah"

... and many others.

The Tradition of Ghadir Khum is parallel (mutawatir)

====================================================

The Tradition of Ghadir is narrated in parallel (mutawatir) and is

proven by the Sunnis to be from numerous chain of transmitters:

1. Ahmad Ibn Hanbal narrated it from 40 chains;

2. Ibn Jarir al-Tabari in more than 70 chains;

3. Abu Sa'id al-Sijistani from 120 chains;

4. Abu Bakir al-Jaabi from 125 chains;

5. al-Amir Muhammad al-Yamani (2nd century) had 150 chains;

6. al-Dhahabi has written a complete book on its chains and passed a

verdict that it is Mutawatir;

7. Abul Abbas Ibn `Uqdah has narrated it through 150 chains.

i think thats enough fatah.

va alaykum assalam

• Advanced Member

(salam)

عن زيد بن أرقم رضي الله عنه, قال: استشهد علي الناس, فقال: أنشد الله رجلا سمع النبي صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم يقول: اللهم! من كنت مولاه فعلي مولاه, اللهم! وال من والاه, وعاد من عاداه. قال: فقام ستة عشر رجلا, فشهدوا.

“Zayd bin Arqam (رضي الله عنه) has narrated that ‘Alī (رضي الله عنه), asking people to bear witness, said: I make you swear if anyone of you heard the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) say: O Allāh! One who has me as his master has ‘Alī as his master. O Allāh! Befriend him who befriends him (‘Alī) and be his enemy who is his (‘Alī’s) enemy. So on this occasion sixteen men stood up and bore witness.”

Ahmad bin Hambal narrated it in al-Musnad (5:370); Tabarānī, al-Mu‘jam-ul-kabīr (5:171 # 4985); Ibn Kathīr, al-Bidāyah wan-nihāyah (5:461); and Muhib Tabarī in ar-Riyād-un-nadrah fī manāqib-il-‘ashrah (3:127), and Dhakhā’ir-ul-‘uqbā fī manāqib dhaw-il-qurbā (pp.125, 126).

--------------------------------------------------

عن أبي الطفيل, قال: جمع علي رضي الله عنه الناس في الرحبة, ثم قال لهم: أنشد الله كل امرئ مسلم سمع رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم يقول يوم غدير خم, ما سمع لما قام, فقام ثلاثون من الناس — وقال أبو نعيم: فقام ناس كثير— فشهدوا حين أخذه بيده, فقال للناس: أتعلمون أنى أولى بالمؤمنين من أنفسهم؟ قالوا: نعم, يا رسول الله! قال: من كنت مولاه فهذا مولاه, اللهم! وال من والاه, وعاد من عاداه. قال: فخرجت وكأن في نفسي شيئا فلقيت زيد بن أرقم, فقلت له: إنى سمعت عليا رضي الله عنه يقول كذا وكذا. قال: فما تنكر قد سمعت رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم يقول ذلك له.

“Abū Tufayl has narrated that ‘Alī (رضي الله عنه) gathered the people in an open place and said to them: I make every Muslim swear and ask him if he has heard the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) say something (about me) on the day of Ghadīr Khum, he should stand up. At this, thirty persons stood up — while Abū Nu‘aym said that a larger number of people stood up — and they bore witness that (we remember that time) when the Messenger of Allāh (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said to the people while holding your hand: Do you know that I am nearer than the lives of the believers? All of them said: yes, O Messenger of Allāh! Then he said: one who has me as his master has this (‘Alī) as his master. O Allāh! Befriend him who befriends him (‘Alī) and be his enemy who is his (‘Alī’s) enemy. The narrator says that when I came out I had some doubt. In the meantime, I met Zayd bin Arqam (رضي الله عنه) and told him that I had heard ‘Alī (رضي الله عنه) say this. At this Zayd bin Arqam (رضي الله عنه) said: how can you deny while I have myself heard the Messenger (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) say this about ‘Alī .

Ahmad bin Hambal related it with sound chain of authorities in al-Musnad (4:370), and Fadā’il-us-sahābah (2:682#1167); Bazzār, al-Musnad (2:133 # 492); Ibn Abī ‘Āsim, as-Sunnah (p.603#1366); Bayhaqī, as-Sunan-ul-kubrā (5:134); Ibn ‘Asākir, Tārīkh Dimashq al-kabīr (45:156); Muhib Tabarī, ar-Riyād-un-nadrah fī manāqib-il-‘ashrah (3:127); Haythamī, Majma‘-uz-zawā’id (9:104); Ibn Kathīr, al-Bidāyah wan-nihāyah (5:460, 461); and Shawkānī in Darr-us-sahābah (p.209).

Nasā’ī, in addition to Abū Tufayl, has also narrated it on the authority of ‘Āmir bin Wāthilah.

Ibn Hibbān said in his as-Sahīh (15:376#6931) that its chain of authorities is sahīh (sound) and its men are thiqah (trustworthy).

Hākim graded it sahīh according to the conditions of Imām Bukhārī and Imām Muslim in al-Mustadrak (3:109#4576).

Tabarānī narrated it briefly in al-Mu‘jam-ul-kabīr (5:195#5071).

Ibn Athīr narrated in Asad-ul-ghābah fī ma‘rifat-is-sahābah (6:246) that seventeen persons witnessed the event.

Ibn Kathīr has written in al-Bidāyah wan-nihāyah (4:171) that rahbah means an open place in the mosque of Kufa.

Haytamī has written in as-Sawā‘iq-ul-muhriqah (p.122) that thirty Companions (رضي الله عنهم) have narrated this tradition and its numerous chains of authorities come under the category of sahīh (sound) and hasan (fair).

Abū Mahāsin copied the tradition in al-Mu‘tasar min-al-mukhtasar min Mashkal-il-āthār (2:301).

va alaykum assalam

salamu alaykum

"whoso ever I am maula Ali is his maula"

some references for fatah:

Sunni Traditionists who mentioned the Tradition of Ghadir Khum

==============================================================

1. Mohammed Ibn Idris al-Shafi'i (Imam al-Shafi'i, d. 204) per

"al-Nihayah" by Ibn al-Athir

2. Ahmad Ibn Hanbal (Imam al-Hanbali, d. 241), in "Masnad" and "al-Manaqib"

3. Ibn Majah (d. 273), in "Sunan Ibn Majah"

4. al-Tirmidhi (d. 279), in "Sahih al-Tirmidhi"

5. al-Nisa'i (d. 303), in "al-Khasa'is"

6. Abu-Ya'la al-Mousilli (d. 307), in "al-Masnad"

7. al-Baghawi (d. 317), in "al-Sunan"

8. al-Doolabi (d. 320), in "al-Kuna wal Asmaa"

9. al-Tahawi (d. 321), in "Mushkil al-Athar"

10. al-Hakim (d. 405), in "al-Mustadrak"

11. Ibn al-Maghazili al-Shafi'i (d. 483), in "al-Manaqib"

12. Muhammad al-Ghazzali (d. 505), in "Sirrul `Alamayn"

13. Ibn Mindah al-Asbahani (d. 512), in his book

14. al-Khatib al-Khawarizmi (d. 568), in "al-Manaqib" and "Maqtal al-Imam

al-Sibt"

15. Abul Faraj Ibn al-Jawzi (d. 597), in "Manaqib"

16. al-Ganji al-Shafi'i (d. 658), in "Kifayat al-Talib"

17. Muhib al-Din al-Tabari (d. 694), in "al-Riyadh al-Nadhirah" and

"Dhakha'ir al-'Aqabi"

18. al-Hamawainy (d. 722), in "Fara'id al-Samdtin"

19. al-Dhahabi (d. 748), in "al-Talkhis"

20. al-Khatib al-Tabrizi (d. 8th century), in "Mishkat al-Masabih"

21. al-Haythami (d. 807), in "Majma' al-Zawa'id"

22. al-Jazri (d. 830), in "Asna al-Matalib"

23. Abul Abbas al-Qastalani (d. 923), in "al-Mawahib al-Ladaniya"

24. al-Muttaqi al-Hindi (d. 975), in "Kanz al-Ummal"

25. Abdul Haqq al-Dihlawi, in "Sharh al-Mishkat"

26. al-Hurawi al-Qari (d. 1014), in "al-Muraqat fi Sharh al-Mishkat"

27. Taj al-Din al-Manawi (d. 1031), in "Kunooz al-Haqa'iq fi Hadith

Khair al-Khala'iq" and "Faidh al-Qadir"

28. al-Shaikhani al-Qadiri, in "al-Siratul Sawi fi Manaqib Aal al-Nabi"

29. Ba Kathir al-Makki (d. 1047), in "Wasilatul Amal fi Manaqib al-Aal"

30. Abu-Abdullah al-Zarqani al-Maliki (d. 1122), in "Sharh al-Mawahib"

31. Ibn Hamzah al-Dimashqi al-Hanafi, in "al-Bayan wal Taarif"

... and many others.

Sunni Commentators of Quran who mentioned Ghadir Khum

=====================================================

1. Ibn Jarir al-Tabari (d. 310), in "Tafsir al-Bayan"

2. al-Jassas (d. 370), in "Ahkam al-Quran"

3. al-Hafiz Abu Nu'aym (d. 430), in "Asbab al-Nuzool"

4. al-Tha'labi (d. 427 or 437), in "Tafsir al-Tha'labi"

5. al-Wahidi (d. 468), in "Asbab al-Nuzool"

6. al-Qurtubi (d. 568), in "Tafsir Jamiul Hukam al-Quran"

7. al-Fakhr al-Razi (d. 606), in "al-Tafsir al-Kabir"

8. al-Khazin Baghdadi (d. 741), in "Tafsir al-Khazin"

9. al-Nisaboori (8th century), in "Tafsir al-Nisaboori"

10. Ibn Kathir (d. 774), in his "Tafsir" (complete version) under the verse

5:3 (It is ommitted in coincise version!) narrated from Ibn Mardawayh.

11. al-Hafiz Jalaluddin al-Suyuti (d. 910), in his "Tafsir"

12. al-Khatib al-Sharbini, in his "Tafsir"

13. Abu al-Saud al-Hanafi (d. 972), in his "Tafsir"

14. al-Aloosi al-Baghdadi (d. 1270), in his "Tafsir"

... and many others.

Sunni Historians who mentioned the Tradition of Ghadir Khum

===========================================================

1. Ibn Qutaybah (d. 276), in "Ma'arif" and "Imamah wal Siyasah"

2. al-Baladhuri (d. 279), in "Ansab al-ashraf"

3. Ibn Zawlaq al-Laithi al-Misri (d. 287), in his book

4. Ibn Jarir al-Tabari (d. 310), in an exclussive book "Kitabul Wilayah"

5. al-Khatib al-Baghdadi (d. 463), in "Tarikh Baghdad"

6. Ibn Abd al-Bar (d. 463), in "al-Isti'ab"

7. al-Shahristani (d. 548), in "al-Milal wal Nihal"

8. Ibn 'Asakir (d. 571), in "Tarikh Ibn 'Asakir" and "Yaqoot al-Hamawi"

9. Ibn al-Athir (d. 630), in "Usd al-Ghabah"

10. Sibt Ibn al-Jawzi (d. 654), in "Tadhkirat Khawas al-Ummah"

11. Ibn Abi al-Hadid (d. 656), in "Sharh Nahjul Balagha"

12. Ibn Khalkan (d. 681), in "Tarikh Ibn Khalkan"

13. Abul Fida (d. 732), in his "Tarikh"

14. al-Dhahabi (d. 748) , in "Tadhkirat al-Huffadh"

15. al-Yafi'i (d. 768), in "Miraat al-Jinan"

16. Ibn al-Shaikh al-Balawi, in "Alef Baa"

17. Ibn Kathir (d. 774), in "al-Bidayah wal Nihayah"

18. Ibn Khaldoon (d. 808), in "al-Muqaddimah"

19. al-Nuwairi (d. ~833), in "Nihayat al-Irab fi Finoon al-Adab"

20. al-Maqrizi (d. 845), in "al-Khitat"

21. Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani (d. 852), in "al-Isabah" and "Tahdhib al-Tahdhib"

22. Ibn al-Sabbagh al-Maliki (d. 855), in "al-Fusool al-Muhimmah"

23. Mir Khand (d. 903), in "Habib al-Siyar"

24. Jalalulddin al-Suyuti (d. 910), in "Tarikh al-Khulafa"

25. Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, (d. 974), in "al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah"

26. al-Hafiz Ahmad Ibn Muhammad al-'Asimi, in "Zain al-Fata"

27. al-Qirmani al-Dimashqi (d. 1019), in "Akhbar al-Duwal"

28. Noor al-Din al-Halabi (d. 1044), in "al-Sirah al-Halabiyah"

... and many others.

The Tradition of Ghadir Khum is parallel (mutawatir)

====================================================

The Tradition of Ghadir is narrated in parallel (mutawatir) and is

proven by the Sunnis to be from numerous chain of transmitters:

1. Ahmad Ibn Hanbal narrated it from 40 chains;

2. Ibn Jarir al-Tabari in more than 70 chains;

3. Abu Sa'id al-Sijistani from 120 chains;

4. Abu Bakir al-Jaabi from 125 chains;

5. al-Amir Muhammad al-Yamani (2nd century) had 150 chains;

6. al-Dhahabi has written a complete book on its chains and passed a

verdict that it is Mutawatir;

7. Abul Abbas Ibn `Uqdah has narrated it through 150 chains.

i think thats enough fatah.

va alaykum assalam

you have come across this hadith in so many refrences and I am still to come across this one, I have not heard any hadith in which Prophet(saww) had called himself(saww) "MAULA" I think you refrences are not correct please check.

• Advanced Member

salaam

you have come across this hadith in so many refrences and I am still to come across this one, I have not heard any hadith in which Prophet(saww) had called himself(saww) "MAULA" I think you refrences are not correct please check.

Yes they r correct .. but diffrent books has difftrent words the hadeeth he took is not from bukhari .. from ahmed ibn hanbal and others

• Advanced Member
No the word"MAULA"or any to this effect was never used by the Prophet(saww)

Check again. Even the Qur'an refers to Rasoolillah pbuh as Maula:

Indeed your wali is Allah and his messenger.............(5:55)