Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

For Brothers

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam Alaykum,

THIS IS A SERIOUS POLL

How do you feel brothers is your wife notices other men. She doesn't necessarily do anything haraam at all in anyway whatsoever. Are you the type of man who cannot accept it at all...or are the the type of guy who understands that there are Brad Pitts, George Clooney's and Johnny Depp's out there and it is understandable as she doesn't act on her feelings it is just something she might see on a TV set?

Wasalaam

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam,

BTW please answer honestly, dnt try and make ureselves look cool or nething like that, jus answer honestly. As there has been alot of talk about looking at the opposite sex, I thought this would be an interesting poll...if people are honest.

Wasalaam

• Advanced Member

(salam),

Obviously it can get to you. being attracted is not a sin is it? Attractiveness leading to lustful thoughts is :).

I'm sure the men find other women attractive too...but they still love their wives don't they?

attraction in the sense that you find someone good looking, not as in the gory stuff :mellow:

Wa'salaam

Asad Ali.

• Advanced Member

(salam),

no one can control jealousy.

I have a really cool relationship with my "spouse" (feels wierd calling her that lol).

We understand each other so well that we know even if we find someone good looking it does not mean we are betraying each other - i hope you guys understand.

I mean, we still fight about it lol. Thats natural. You can't help but be pissed off by things like this.

Wa'salaam

Asad Ali.

• Advanced Member

Salaam,

I think it does have alot to do with insecurity and probably the family environment you grew up in

Also ego plays a big role along with mental maturity (no offence to anyone Walahi)

When I was younger I was a real B*stard, like very controlling, however I think as I got older my views and my ability to understand what "love" really is made me more mellow.

Wasalaam

• Site Administrators
insecure? :D

Not really, it has nothing to do with trust or insecurity. It's the principles.. How would you as a guy feel that the love of your life is staring at another man while shes with you? It's a stab int he back.

BKK, you're telling me it wouldn't eat you inside out if your wife stares at someone else when you're by her? Not a single bit? Dude.. I'D KILL HER!

• Advanced Member
BKK, you're telling me it wouldn't eat you inside out if your wife stares at someone else when you're by her? Not a single bit? Dude.. I'D KILL HER!

Bro i'll be honest with you - She has done :).

Yes. it does anger you. Thats there nature takes its course. we are Jealous - but for how long?

you could be married for years and years, and if your wife looked at someone who she found attractive, you would just throw away that years of trust and faith in her and deem her to be unfaithful?

I guess deep down i know its me she is with and me who she wants :D

• Veteran Member
I'd kill her!  God, I'd slit her throat..

(salam)

One has to have some confidence. Harmless gazing shouldn't cause this much anger.

btw, can she do the same if she catches you checking someone out? :P

Edited by Zain
  • Advanced Member
Not really, it has nothing to do with trust or insecurity. It's the principles.. How would you as a guy feel that the love of your life is staring at another man while shes with you? It's a stab int he back.

looking doesnt mean that she'll sex him at the first chance she gets or even wants to be with him. it does boil down to trust and insecurity :). anyway, so i take it u don't look at other women?

• Site Administrators

Whether I do or do not look at other women is none of anybody's business sincer I'm neither married nor is this poll about me. Let's keep this as far away from personal as possible please :)

However, seems like most of you think that if she looks it's ok since she loves you too. Thast's BS. Regardless of howmuch she loves you, you're the only man that she should be looking at and no other man should fill her eyes but you.

God, I can't believe I'm even having this argument with a bunch of Muslims! That's like me telling you, Why cover your wife? Let the whole world see her! After all, she loves you and you love her and that's all that matters.. a few stares here and there wont hurt her..!

• Site Administrators
..trust and insecurity :)

So let me get this straight.. I trust my girl, so I should let her lust over other men?

Or.. I'm 100% secure that I'm the only man for her and she loves me to death and wouldnt replace me.. She still has the permission to look at other men? With lust?

• Site Administrators
(salam)

Can someone define looking?

I mean, I like looking at people, it doesnt mean its in a sexual way.

there is a breed of men who think that if u look at them or say something to them, u want to have sex with them...lol.... ^_^

The "looking" I'm talking about and arguing about is lustful gazing, what we refer to as "checking out".

• Advanced Member
Whether I do or do not look at other women is none of anybody's business sincer I'm neither married nor is this poll about me. Let's keep this as far away from personal as possible please

the point was ali, that if u expect ur *lady* not to look at other men, then u should also be required to abide by the rules and not look at other women. or is this yet ANOTHER example of men's double standards? ^_^

• Advanced Member
She can think anyone is pretty, thats her right, its her nature.. but to actually have the nerve to lift her eyes and LOOK at another guy while she's with you, thats when you get the whip out..

(salam)

Some women do it to get men jealous on purpose. Its fun to see men angry and get overprotective and possessive. I think its cute. :unsure:

• Advanced Member

well u know wat I mean sis.....lol

anyone whoever it is....

any woman who tells her man that she has never found another man on this earth attractive apart from her husband is LYING....lol

remember that Bro Ali for when you get married....lol

Wasalaam

• Site Administrators
well u know wat I mean sis.....lol

anyone whoever it is....

any woman who tells her man that she has never found another man on this earth attractive apart from her husband is LYING....lol

remember that Bro Ali for when you get married....lol

Wasalaam

You dont get it do you..

The question here isnt SHOULD women find other men attractive or not.

It's whether they can LOOK at another man with lust while she's with her man..

That is what I have a problem with, not whether she finds other men attractive..