Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Sunain

GOING TO HELL OR NOT

Rate this topic

salam,,

dis is very perplexing as i'e read countless times in quran,,,,,n especially i wanna ask ma bros here on dis forum,,everyone is allowed to answa ma question,,aight,,well in da first surah,,,within da firs 100 ayahs,,i cant remeber da exact ayah....it says dat "wether JEW ,,christian ,magian,,... if they do good deeds the ywill be rewarded,",,hmmm my personel view point is a bit like dat too,,,i don think all da christians and jews will go to hell ,,,because to be honest wat i think is a muslim doesnt kno hes a muslim even though he hasa holy book,,i mean i kno ppl whose heart tell trhem not to believe in islam,,,n their muslims, personel experience wid friends,,anyways,,,faith varies from person to person,,,even if its a christian,,n i kno sum christians who don believe in trinity,,dey say deres only one god,,,,one of ma friends shes a christian,,,believes in GOD,,,n when i told her wat we think about christ,,,,her point of view totally changed ,,, ;) ,,well i guess i'm going to deep,,anyways plz don forget to chip in,,Allah HAFIZ

Salam,

This a question thats always been bugging me. If a person (say hindu) does good throught out his life and dies. He says "there is only 1 God, this stone i bow down to is not God but to make it easier for me to understand God. I dont pray to this stone but to the abstract being behind it. " is that person going to hell or heaven?

Alifaia

salam,

read surrah baqara,,,dat person is goin to heaven,,,a stamp of hindu is not goin to stop GOD from takin him to heaven...i hope dat answered,,,,bro read da first surah n its first 60 ayats,,,u ill get all da answers,.,AH

Edited by Sunain

salam,

yes, brother is this the ayat you mentioned before?

(Shakir 2:62) Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

i read this ayat all over the quran, including this:

(Shakir 5:69) Surely those who believe and those who are Jews and the Sabians and the Christians whoever believes in Allah and the last day and does good-- they shall have no fear nor shall they grieve.

i asked two mulanas about this, one said in reference to the non-muslims mentioned in the ayat, they will have their reward on earth. (family, wealth, etc.)

the other started with this:

(Shakir 2:112) Yes! whoever submits himself entirely to Allah and he is the doer of good (to others) he has his reward from his Lord, and there is no fear for him nor shall he grieve.

he said something like "some people say that only muslims will enter paradise. further more, some say that only a sect of a sect of islam will enter the garden. but only Allah is the Judge, none can take that place. i think, i'm not sure so dont quote me here, (how ironic? maybe he saw the future?) that all who submit to God, truely love Him, and look for His pleasure will be shown the mercy of Allah. After all, isnt He ar-Rahman, ar-Raheem?"

Guest AR

what about buddhists and hindus who do good? will they get a chance or will they go to hell? :donno:

(bismillah)

(salam)

Allah, being All-Just, will judge everyone according to their opportunities they had in their lifetime. There is a hadith in Usool al-Kafi attributed to Imam Baqar (as) that says:

"Allah, on the Day of Judgment, will hold everyone accountable according to the degree of the intelligence that He had given them in their worldly life."

A person living in some remote jungle in Africa who never heard of Islam will be judged differently from someone who was exposed to Islam who in turn will be judged differently from someone who was a scholar of Islam.

As for Soorah 2:62,

[shakir 2:62] Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

It does not mean all Jews and Christians have an opporunity to go to heaven. This verse is referring to those who followed the original teachings of Prophets Musa and Isa, before Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) began to preach Islam.

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 2:62]

Before saying that whoever believes in Allah and the last day, and does good, not becoming a Muslim even after Islam has been chosen as the religion of Allah, is entitled to be blessed by Allah, the following verse should be taken into consideration:

And whoso seeks as religion other than Islam it will not be accepted from him, and he will be among the losers in the hereafter.

(Ali Imran: 85)

And to remove misunderstanding, it should be noted that this verse refers to those Sabeans, Jews and Christians who, as sincere faithful, followed the original teachings of their respective prophets, without ever corrupting the true message, and believing in the prophecy of the advent of Muhammad made known by Musa, Isa and other prophets (see Baqarah: 40), and also those of them who lived in the days of the Holy Prophet but died before the news of his proclamation of the promised prophethood could reach them, because surely they would have come into the fold of Islam if they had known about it. Belief in the unity of Allah and the day of judgement and doing good is the spirit of Islam. This was the religion all the messengers of Allah preached to their people.

Edited by Ali786

Guest Slave of Zahra

assalamu alaikum

this ques has always bothered me b/c my whole family is christian... and i have always wondered if they will be judged as rejecting islam b/c i am muslim and they have been introduced to islam but they have not accepted it... i always feel very guilty for this..like b/c of me they may go to hell.. i know Allah swt is the only judge and not me but still this ques really bothers me..

UmAli

because surely they would have come into the fold of Islam if they had known about it.

As always your post contributes so much to the discussion. Jazakallah. I do however take issue with this one point. I really think, drawing both from theoretical considerations but also from my expirience as a revert and ex-kafir, a good, sincere, truth-seeking person can be (and often - perhaps even usually - is) so tremendously brainwashed through by their society and their culture not to recognize the truth of Islam. Under such circumstances I can't see such a person being held responsible as they're a victim of circumstances beyond their personal control. Of course, if a person does manage to get past the brainwashing to see the truth of Islam and rejects it anyway, then he's certainly bought a one-way ticket to hellfire.

(salam)

Only Allah is the real judge. We have no right to say that all christians / jews etc will go to hell. We can, however understand the basis of going to heaven and hell laid down by Allah (Swt). The main thing (as bro Ali786 mentioned) is that everyone will be judged according to what knowledge they had...An eskimo living on the north pole who has never heard about islam will probably not be questioned about it since the message of islam has not reached him..But we do know, that Allah has laid hujjah on each and every human being. For the eskimo, the sun, moon, stars, animals, sea etc all these things are hujjah. And if he believes that there is some supreme being who controls nature and is worthy of worship then I think he has done what was expected frpm him...

Talking about regular christians / jews / hindus we can not say the same thing. This is because the hujjah on them is much greater and clearer. It is not possible that a person living in the west has never heard about islam. The media is so advanced. These ppl WILL be questioned because they have no excuse for not becomong a muslim. It is their job to ponder over this matter and learn about islam and they are fully accountable for it. Once the message of islam has reached you, Allah expects you to ponder over it, learn about it and accept it. The more the Hujjah on you , the more accountable you are.

wasalam,

wassee

(bismillah)

(salam)

a good, sincere, truth-seeking person can be (and often - perhaps even usually - is) so tremendously brainwashed through by their society and their culture not to recognize the truth of Islam. Under such circumstances I can't see such a person being held responsible as they're a victim of circumstances beyond their personal control.

Excellent point, Bro. SadrasStudent. I sometimes wonder the same thing about Muslims living in Sunni-dominated countries. They are exposed to so much anti-Shi'ah propaganda how can any of them ever learn the truth of Shi'aism? But we have to remember that Allah is Just and would never deal unfairly with anyone.

That's not to say though this is an excuse for disbelieving in Allah or polytheism. Islam wants every person to examine the beliefs they are born with. Salvation does not necessarily come from following Islam but believing in the Unity of Allah. A Muslim is simply one who submits to God. Every normal person can deduce the existence of God and demonstrate His Onenness through primitive reasoning. I would imagine that a Hindu who never heard of Islam but to whom it was proven that God is one and yet continued worshipping his pagan gods, would be liable to some sort of punishment on the Day of Judgement for following his ignorance when truth had been shown to him. Of course, Allah knows best about such matters and He is more merciful to His servants than we could ever imagine.

Edited by Ali786

hmm... k sorry everyone this isnt relevant but i'm curious. all people who believe in one God and the hindu sects who believe that all their gods are essentially one (they just perscribe attributes to each characteristic and vwa-la, they have a god for everything...) but anyway, all these people submit to God, arent they considered muslim then?

and are animals too then considered muslim?

salam,

hmm well no not really ,,,dey worship a lot of idols,,n i mean 365 idols in 365 days,,,,,,n they worship mokeys ,,cows ,,,and a genital part of a god,,,,so hmm yea i don c any light in dat.,AH