Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
SNaqvi1214

Al-Mahdi

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

what do you brothers and sisters that are sunni and salafi believe about Al-Mahdi? I know that you believe he will be from Sadaat (syed) and his father's name is Abdullah. what else is there?

Do you hold significance to him and his coming? do you pray for him? are there special events, such as wars, which you know are definite with his coming? are there signs stated which will tell of his arrival? do you see him as a "final caliph" or anything special? do you believe he is already alive? if so, for how long has he been on earth?

JazaakAllah.

SNaqvi

Well umer abu bakr and usman never mentioned him so the sunni ppl wont say anything about him. I guess...

Any comments fatah? or have you found some hadith saying there is no Imam Mehdi?

Alifaia

Sallam

Brother Alifia has once again made a blunderous statement.

Anyway carrying on to the bro/sis's question. Yes we do beleive in the coming of the Mahdi. The main point we Sunnis differ from the Shias is in the concept of Occultation. I will post some Fatwas regarding the Mahdi.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Question: What is your opinion about the appearance of the promised person, al-Mahdee? Are there any ahaadeeth to verify this?I request clarification regarding this (matter)?

Response: There are numerous ahaadeeth which are reported by the leading authorities in the science of hadeeth verifying the advent of the expected Mahdee, the Dajjaal and the Messiah (Jesus (`alayhis-salaam)). Certain signs will precede his advance; the most significant of which is that he will make justice prevail on earth after the prevalance of injustice and tyranny. It is not permissible today for anyone to allege that a certain person is the Mahdee until his signs that the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) foretold have appeared such as the one mentioned above.

And with Allaah lies all success and may Allaah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) and his family and his companions.

The Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and Fataawa

Fataawa Islaamiyyah - Volume 1, Page 56

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Question: I request you provide me with a fatwa as to the authenticity and existence of the Mahdee about whom it is said he is on the Earth. And are there any authentic ahaadeeth which mention him? May Allaah reward you.

Response: The authentic ahaadeeth which mention the appearance of the Mahdee are many, and they are mentioned in a number of narrations from the Imaams of Hadeeth. And a group from the people of knowledge mention that they are mutawaatir (that which is narrated by such a large number of people that it is impossible that they have invented a lie) in meaning, from amongst them are Abul-Hasan al-Aajuree who is from the scholars of the (hijree) fourth century and the noble scholar as-Safaareenee in his book ((Lawaami' al-Anwaar al-Bahiyyah)), and the noble scholar ash-Showkaanee in his treatise ((at-Towdeeh fee tawaatur Ahaadeeth al-Mahdee wad-Dajjaal wal-Maseeh)).

And he (the Mahdee) has many well-known signs which are mentioned in the ahaadeeth, (of which) the most important are:

((That he will fill the Earth with uprightness and justice after it had been filled with injustice and oppression)).

And it is not permissible for anyone to believe that such and such the son of such and such is the Mahdee, until the signs which the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) mentioned in the authentic ahaadeeth are prevalent, the most important of which we have mentioned:

((That he will fill the Earth with uprightness and justice...)), the hadeeth.

And with Allaah lies all success and may Allaah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) and his family and his companions.

The Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and Fataawa, comprising -

Head: Shaykh 'Abdul 'Azeez ibn Abdullaah ibn Baaz;

Deputy Head: Shaykh 'Abdur-Razzaaq 'Afeefee;

Member: Shaykh 'Abdullaah ibn Ghudayyaan;

Member: Shaykh 'Abdullaah ibn Qu'ood

Fataawa al-Lajnah ad-Daa.imah lil-Buhooth al-'Ilmiyyah wal-Iftaa. - Volume 3, Page 141, Fatwa No.2844

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Question: Who is the Mahdee, and what are the signs of the (Last) Hour?

Response: (He is) a man from the family of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam), who will appear before the descending of 'Eesaa (Jesus) the son of Mary (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) and he will invite (the ummah) to Islaam. And Allaah will establish the proof by way of him, and many people will be guided by him.

If you want further (information) regarding this, then read what Ibn Katheer has written about him in his book ((al-Bidaayah wan-Nihaayah)).

The Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and Fataawa, comprising -

Head: Shaykh 'Abdul 'Azeez ibn Abdullaah ibn Baaz;

Deputy Head: Shaykh 'Abdur-Razzaaq 'Afeefee;

Member: Shaykh 'Abdullaah ibn Ghudayyaan;

Member: Shaykh 'Abdullaah ibn Qu'ood

Fataawa al-Lajnah ad-Daa.imah lil-Buhooth al-'Ilmiyyah wal-Iftaa. - Volume 3, Page 142, Question No.1 of Fatwa No.7664

4. Question : Who is Imaam Mahdi and what does he have to do with judgement day?

Answer: Imaam Mahdi will be from the descendants of our beloved Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam). His name will also be Muhammad and his father's name will be Abdullah. His appearance will be among the major signs of Qiyaamat. He will lead the Muslims and during his era, there will be justice, peace and piety.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

5. Title of Fatwa: The Appearance of Mahdi

Date of Fatwa: 5/ August/ 2003

Date of Reply: 6/ August/ 2003

Topic Of Fatwa: `Aqeedah (Islamic Creed)

Question of Fatwa I have heard about the Mahdi, who will save the Muslim Ummah. Is that true? Could you shed more light on the issue, please? Jazakum Allah Khairan

Name of Mufti: Group of Muftis

Answer: In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner! Thank you very much for your good question that reflects deep insight and true search for knowledge. May Allah increase you in knowledge and grant you success in this world and in the afterlife.

Coming to the question of Mahdi, we would like to start with the words of the prominent Muslim scholar Dr. Taha Jabir Al-`Alwani, president of the Graduate School of Islamic and Social Sciences and president of the Fiqh Council of North America, that go as following:

"I think we should not wait for somebody to give us hidayah (guidance). Allah has given us all the hidayah that we need in the Qur'an. He, Glory be to Him, says: "Lo! this Qur'an guideth unto that which is straightest, and giveth tidings unto the believers who do good works that theirs will be a great reward." (Al-Isra': 9) We should read the Qur'an and take its hidayah and see how the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, implemented the teachings of the Qur'an in his actual example, by which he became the Qur'an in his ethics and way of life. With this, we are all responsible before Allah and accountable before Him. We can't say that we didn't do our job because we were waiting for the Mahdi or for somebody else to lead us to the straight path."

Delving into the issue of the coming of Mahdi, Sheikh Muhammad Saleh Al-Munajjid, a prominent Saudi lecturer and author states the following:

"There are more than one authentic hadith indicating that the Mahdi, may Allah be pleased with him, will appear at the end of time. His appearance is one of the portents of the Last Day. Among the hadiths are the following:

1- Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri, may Allah be pleased with him, reports that the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said: "At the end of the time of my Ummah, the Mahdi will appear. Allah will grant him rain, the earth will bring forth its fruits, he will give a lot of money, cattle will increase and the Muslim Ummah will become great. He will rule for seven or eight years."

2- `Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, says: "The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said: "The Mahdi is one of us and a member of my family. Allah will guide him in a single night." (Reported by Ahmad)

3-Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri states that the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon, said: "The Mahdi is of my lineage, with a high forehead and a long, thin, curved nose. He will fill the earth with fairness and justice as it was filled with oppression and injustice, and he will rule for seven years." (Reported by At-Tirmidhi)

4- Jabir, may Allah be pleased with him, says that the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said: ‘‘Jesus, son of Mary, will descend, and their leader, the Mahdi, will say, 'Come and lead us in prayer.’ But he will say, ‘No, one of them should lead them as an honor to this Ummah from Allah." (Reported by Muslim)

You should be aware that some people have lied and fabricated hadiths about the Mahdi. Some of those "false Mahdis" have tried to deceive the servants of Allah for some worldly gain and distort the picture of Islam. Some have started movements and revolutions and gathered support from the people they deceived. But they were destroyed, and their lies and falsehood were exposed."

Editor's Note:

Regarding Mahdi, we can say that we have a firm belief in all the previously mentioned hadiths. However, such hadiths have nothing to do with legislation and Islamic rulings pertaining to Halal and Haram.

A Muslim should strive hard to adhere to the teachings of Islam amidst all these material trappings and temptations.

We can not expect a Muslim to suffer humiliation and failure in facing the realities of life, and then anxiously await the appearance of the Mahdi who may appear after 1,000 years or more. No one knows the exact time of his appearance except Allah. If Salahud-Deen, `Imadud-Deen Zenki, Qutuz , Nourud-Deen Mahmoud and Muhammad Al-Fateh had adopted the same policy of retreat, the Muslim Ummah would have been subjected to endless suffering at the hands of Crusaders, Tartars and others.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that helps.

Sallam

Edited by salmany

salam,

JazakAllah bro salman for your input. what exactly is The Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and Fataawa?

salam,

hmm bro salmany,,,so hmmm u don believe hes da son of hazrat imam ASkari(a.s)...????

Ah

Sallam

No i dont. The traditions regarding it are to weak.

care to elaborate? ok, give me an indirect proof, what hadeeths make you believe this?

bro syed, thank you very much for that article... unfortunately i was short on time and so wasnt able to read it entirely, so i skimmed it and came across this:

We the children of Abd Al-Mutalib are the Masters of the inhabitants of Heaven: Myself, Hamza (ra), Ali (as), Jafar (ra), Hasan (as), Hussain (as), and Al-Mahdi (as)

what about the rest of the Imams? is this a sunni or shia source (just out of curiosity.) ?

bro/sis alifaia, are you from ahle sunna or r u shi'a? same question to sunain.

wasalam.

(bismillah)

To Bro Salmany,

I think your mistaken regarding this matter, many of your great Uloma have stated that Muhammed Almahdi is indeed from Ahlul Albayt, and the son of Hasan al-askari.

And let me add that the problem with the sunni version of Imam Almehdi is "majhool alnasab", here we have a problem.

(salam)

(bismillah)

Well brother, Majhool Alnasab means "his family line is unknown". Looking at the sunni stance, Almahdi they know is "he has the prophets name "Muhammed Ibn Abdullah", and thats it. No sunni scholar who rejected Muhammed Ibn Alhassan has ever gave another alternative, they just used hadeeth "nasabahu nasabi".

However, such beliefs opened doors to alot of fake "mahdis" over the years, the latest one was in 1979 in the holy city of Mecca when he took it over by force. His only proof was "my name is muhammed ibn abdullah", and thats it.

While Imam Almahdis full description and miracles to proov his Imamah is fully documented through hadeeth directly from Ahlul Albayt. Sadly, The sheikhs who appose the Identity of the 12th Imam don't have such hadeeths, or even his full name chained back to the prophet.

(salam)

Edited by NoorFatima

One thing that I don’t understand is when Prophet said"Al-Mahdi(as) name will be as same name as to my name.." Does it mean his name is Muhammad and his father is Abdullah? Did Prophet said his(Al-Mahdi) father's name will also be as same as mine? I could never figure this part.

(bismillah)

For us Shias, such a claim is rejected becuase like i said above, the hadeeth only claims that the prophet said : "Nabahu Nasabi", or "esmohu esmee". The first one can be accpted since the Nasab of Imam Muhammed Ibn AlHassan Al-Askari is the Nasab of the Holy Prophet. The second Hadeeth can also be accepted since the name of Imam Almahdi is also Muhammed.

But its prooven that the name "Abdullah" was later added by the enemies of Ahlul Albayt during the Abbayside Dynasty to disassociate the Mehdi with them.

However many Sunni scholars who rejected to stand by watching the maqam of Ahlul Albayt destroyed, challenged the Abbasides by writing many books (which i have read couple) prooving the nasab of Imam Alzaman.

I hope this helps bro :P

(salam)

Sallam

Dear Sis, ill try and reply to your post as soon as possible. As you know im kind of in a middle of a debate. Ill give you your answers soon :)

Sallam

umm... i apoligize, i hadnt known. is it here on shiachat? well inshallah, remember to answer my previous question!

ok so i got a feel for what the sunnis believe, but what about the salafis?

come on, where have all the salafis disappeared off to??? i know you have to have some bleliefs b/c i was debating with a sister from ur sect about the talibaan, and ended the conversation with saying that only Al-Mahdi will be able to bring a just gov't to this world. (she smiled so i knew she knew what i was talking about...)

(salam)

YA ALI MADAD!

Answer: Imaam Mahdi will be from the descendants of our beloved Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam). His name will also be Muhammad and his father's name will be Abdullah. His appearance will be among the major signs of Qiyaamat. He will lead the Muslims and during his era, there will be justice, peace and piety.

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Mufti Ebrahim Desai??? That name sounds familiar.....hmmmmm

Diference between Deobandi, Bareilwee, Shia and sunni

What is the Diference between Deobandi, Bareilwee Shia and sunni who is better comparative study please

Answer 7683 2003-01-08

The differences between the Sunni and Shi’as, Deobandis and Barelvis are not of who is better, but of who is right and wrong.

1. Shi’as are not Muslims. There are fundamental differences between Sunnis and Shi’as. In fact, many prominent Shi’a scholars do not believe in the present text of the Qur’aan.

2. Barelvis are guilty of committing innovation (Bid’at) and therefore, they are deviated from the true path - the path of Sunnah.

Mufti Ebrahim Desai Source:  www.ask-imam.com

:angry:

THERE YOU GO!!!! :rolleyes:

ALI

Edited by HAIDARI