Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
nathang

How to aproach the father

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

Give him a call and ask him. . .YO POPS, R U A TERRORIST?? If he answers no, say ARE YOU SUREEE, COZ U'RE DAUGHTER'S DA BOOOOOOOOMB...lol j/k

seriously

The best approach is to find a friend of their family. Approach that friend and tell them you're interested in that girl, and if they'd act as intemediaries, and talk to the father.

This is usually a good approach cause

1) You don't have to do it, less stressing over what and how to do it.

2) The intemediary get's thawwab for helping a couple get married.

3) The father would feel more comfortable if it's asked from a friend, for they can be more open about their thoughts to that friend.

Remember, approach everything from an islamic perspective.

All the best inshallah.

ws

Give him a call and ask him. . .YO POPS, R U A TERRORIST?? If he answers no, say ARE YOU SUREEE, COZ U'RE DAUGHTER'S DA BOOOOOOOOMB...lol j/k

:lol: Good one Good one!

(bismillah)

(salam)

(salam)

LOL br. Ya aba, You always know how to make others laugh :D :D :D

That was hilariousl though :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

Salaam alaikum,

Get your mother to call her mother and make an appointment for a visit. Take both of your parents with you, and let them bring up the topic when you get there. I like this approach because it shows that you're a family person.

WaSalaam, Hajar

Guest AR
one year and a half and ill be there, pooping my pants

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOL :!!!:

i would probably wet my pants if i had to meet the father

Edited by AR

man i would be like, ummm ummm ummm ur daughter well ummm shes pretty you know loool....and ummm sweat falling from my head....shivering, all read!

well GIVE ME UR DAUGHTER OR ILL SHOOT U :P

Guest AR
man i would be like, ummm ummm ummm ur daughter well ummm shes pretty you know loool....and ummm sweat falling from my head....shivering, all read!

well GIVE ME UR DAUGHTER OR ILL SHOOT U :P

imagine if the father is a pro-shooter and has a shot-gun...not to mention a black belt in martial arts....NOW THATS SCARY! :no:

Salaam

Cook a big, delicious meal and invite the father over to dinner. By the time he' sdone eating, he'll be too full and tired to care what you have to say. 

I heard that in the simpsons once lol

Wasalaam

hehehehehehe

you: i want to marry ur daughter

father: sure sure, got any desert?

you: sure thing sir, when we can arange the katb al-kteib

father: anytime, is the cheese cake ready?

you: here you go sir, got any ideas for the dowry

father: not important, pass me the fork son

you: :D mission accomplished

hehehehehehe

you: i want to marry ur daughter

father: sure sure, got any desert?

you: sure thing sir, when we can arange the katb al-kteib

father: anytime, is the cheese cake ready?

you: here you go sir, got any ideas for the dowry

father: not important, pass me the fork son

you: :D mission accomplished

lol

Ridiculous. :D

(salam)

lol very funny :D

I think through from the 2 serious approaches both will work. I like the family idea but then again it shows that you still need your parents to help you in life which may show your not ready for marriage ;).... but it still does sounds nice.

I think the best way is to get to know her older brother ( if she has one) and talk to him, explain the situation. Then let him talk to the father and tell him that you want to come over and it would not be a big surprise for the family, they would be expecting you.

But whatever you do, good luck. :)

Guest AR
I think the best way is to get to know her older brother ( if she has one) and talk to him, explain the situation. Then let him talk to the father and tell him that you want to come over and it would not be a big surprise for the family, they would be expecting you.

But whatever you do, good luck. :)

THATS A BIG NO NO! :o

younger brother=snitch :angry:

father=torturer :o

older brother=executioner :squeez:

tell the mother first.....they are understanding and usually soft-hearted :)

(salam)

THATS A BIG NO NO! 

younger brother=snitch 

father=torturer 

older brother=executioner 

Huh? It worked in my family. Depends on the older brother though. InshAllah kheir ... what ever the brother chooses may Allah be with him, and hopefully it will all work out :)

guys guys guys

r u scared of rejection or something Look , U gotta tell the dad at the end! wich ever way TAKE Him flyin LEssons if u wanna!! man!!

but hav a faith in Allah Im sure u'll be persuasive enough to get the chick U want unless ur a gangsta.

w'salam

sister* not sober yet*

guys guys guys

r u scared of rejection or something Look , U gotta tell the dad at the end! wich ever way TAKE Him flyin LEssons if u wanna!! man!!

but hav a faith in Allah Im sure u'll be persuasive enough to get the chick U want unless ur a gangsta.

w'salam

sister* not sober yet*

man if her dad says no im kidnapping her no jokes!!! *not kidding* very seriouse

(salam)

This is what u should do. Dress like a tacky gangsta, and say this "Hey Mista, I really like yo daughta....." I'm joking dude. But seriously, I'd say take her dad out to dinner, and approach him about it. Just be confident, and explain to him how much you're gonna take care of his daughter. Explain to him your plan, if u have one, if you don't, you're screwed. As long as financially stable at some time, explain to him that you will be. Speak from the bottom of your heart. The main thing here is you have to be confident, because if u stutter and start sweating because the daddy is scary looking, he's gonna think you're might not be good enough. Be confident man, and inshallah every thing will be ok. CONFIDENCE CONFIDENCE CONFIDENCE!!!

Your Bro

Karrar

whats all this about a dowry ? , how does that work ?

dowry, or mahr in Arabic, is what the man gifts to the bride. It should a substantial amount so that if God forbid, there is a divorce, the women has enough money to live independently.

But seriously, I'd say take her dad out to dinner, and approach him about it. Just be confident, and explain to him how much you're gonna take care of his daughter. Karrar

Whoa! Take her dad out :no: