Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Dino24

language in the mosques

Rate this topic

out of interest how did the sheik hear the women? is there no wall in that mosque and only a curatin for seperation?

Salam un Alaykum,

Actually some mosques are split down the middle, like this:

++++++++++++++++++++++

Ladies

M

U {} ---------------------------------

L

L Men

A

++++++++++++++++++++++

----- = wall/curtain

{} = mimbar

and the mulla is slightly facing the men's side and he usually looks at the men only. Sometimes the women are behind the men and they put the curtain low, so the ladies can see the mulla on the mimbar {and the mulla can see the ladies if he looks}

Depends on the masjid. We have the ladies behind us and a HUGE curtain inbetween and they watch the Mulla on TV.

Iltemas e dua

Khodahafiz

Edited by pasdar1

out of interest how did the sheik hear the women? is there no wall in that mosque and only a curatin for seperation?

its one of those cheap walls you find in offices, sound just goes completely through.

The only one where the noise dosnt come through is at the al khoei foundation, we are down in the first floor and the women are up in the 3rd, so now sound :D

Edited by Hezbullahi

at my mosque i look around and try and find someone who's willing to spend time and translate the speech but sometimes people can be cruel even my mom won't help me out! :!!!: hahaha

its one of those cheap walls you find in offices, sound just goes completely through.

The only one where the noise dosnt come through is at the al khoei foundation, we are down in the first floor and the women are up in the 3rd, so now sound :D

huh??? at khoie, (the one in queens right?) when the sermon is upstairs, both men AND women sit upstairs, the men setaed in an "L" shape around the women, seated in a rectangle (with a divider in between, ofcoarse.) and when the men are downstairs, so are the women.

the basement is normally for eating/ladies-majlis/namaze janaza, the seond floor is normally where the lecture takes place, and the 3rd floor is for the madressa.... i dont kno, maybe you go to a diffrent al khoie?

The only one where the noise dosnt come through is at the al khoei foundation, we are down in the first floor and the women are up in the 3rd, so now sound  :D

huh??? at khoie, (the one in queens right?) when the sermon is upstairs, both men AND women sit upstairs, the men setaed in an "L" shape around the women, seated in a rectangle (with a divider in between, ofcoarse.) and when the men are downstairs, so are the women.

the basement is normally for eating/ladies-majlis/namaze janaza, the seond floor is normally where the lecture takes place, and the 3rd floor is for the madressa.... i dont kno, maybe you go to a diffrent al khoie?

Mine is the one in montreal (canada)

You people are talking as if it's some sort of prison camp or something. Everyone should sit still and quiet at all times. No sound, no movement, nothing. B)

Sorry but if the people are talking, try to find the root of the problem. Usually it is the clerics that are out of touch with reality. 95% of the ones I've heard, are equal to sleeping pills. Get rid of them and get new ones that can speak about something relevant to the people in there.

I'm not surprised at all that the women are even less interested. Most of the speakers touch on topics which are of little interest to women, such as war strategies, the strength of the people, details of battles between the armies etc.

The women want to know about the details of relations between the people, the conversations made by the people in the Imam's camp, the role of women in that battle, the aestethic and emotional parts of the tragedy etc.

I've seen it happen once during my lifetime, the speaker began saying I'm going to dedicate this to the ladies, and spoke about Zeynab (as), and that night the women were listening quite attentively.

So stop blaming the people - no one should be forced to listen to anything uninteresting. If we started demanding more and criticizing more of the things going on in the community, the quality and standard of the speakers and the speeches would increase alot.

If someone eats food during the speech or lets the kid run around etc yes that's wrong but the majority are not doing that, the majority are just so bored they talk to eachother instead. Something which would probably happen in the male section too, if the cleric was a female and wasn't looking at the males.

For once I think Br waiting has some valid points

Well it's not just women, it's mullahs too. :D

This is a bunch of them listening to Khamenei, who is one of the most boring speakers of all times.

539.JPG

Rafsanjani seems to be sleeping pretty tight. B)

Edited by waiting

It
makes me mad esp all the kids and most women go during muharram just to show that they're shia some even have the nerve to go into lectures and matam w/o hijab, tons of makeup and the tightest clothes out there. And yet they are the ones who cry the most??

okay , here in holland the afghan population has grown and is growing......i also noticed that they come to the emmbargeh as a place to be seen and spotted , afteralll u never know maybe there could be a rishtey mangney wala sitting among those women who maybe have a brilliat / or a looser son......i surely noticed the thing of wearing make up and wearing brandnew cloths short and tioght,,,,,u can see the chubby rolls/.......its really unbelievableeeee.............and totally wrong in my view , to be clean and neat okay but make up during ashura???? come 1

yet , i dont think u should take some 1 prayers and tears or intensions ion doubts , when u dont know a person , but just judging him/her by the looks or appearance is not justified........

its upto god to judge that , and i hope the prayers of that lady with tons of paint :angel: on her face may god fullfill her prayers and have mercy on her :angel:

makes me mad esp all the kids and most women go during muharram just to show that they're shia some even have the nerve to go into lectures and matam w/o hijab, tons of makeup and the tightest clothes out there. And yet they are the ones who cry the most??

okay , here in holland the afghan population has grown and is growing......i also noticed that they come to the emmbargeh as a place to be seen and spotted , afteralll u never know maybe there could be a rishtey mangney wala sitting among those women who maybe have a brilliat / or a looser son......i surely noticed the thing of wearing make up and wearing brandnew cloths short and tioght,,,,,u can see the chubby rolls/.......its really unbelievableeeee.............and totally wrong in my view , to be clean and neat okay but make up during ashura???? come 1

yet , i dont think u should take some 1 prayers and tears or intensions ion doubts , when u dont know a person , but just judging him/her by the looks or appearance is not justified........

its upto god to judge that , and i hope the prayers of that lady with tons of paint :angel: on her face may god fullfill her prayers and have mercy on her :angel:

wha? ok why would a lady be in the market for a daughter-in-law in middle of muharram? esp on ASHURA! eww... tight clothes are yucky..

u can see the chubby rolls

(shudder) :o well thank you sis, i had a visual pic and now i'm scared for life. yup nightmare till i get a pysch...!

ok if i had a son, i'd never get him hitched to a girl who was like that... no love for the Ahlul Bayt!! and what a show off! who the he!! even looks to see how pretty you look/what you're wearing/etc in that month?

and what, do women not do matam in other cultures? pakistani women do it hard enough to bleed!

wha? ok why would a lady be in the market for a daughter-in-law in middle of muharram? esp on ASHURA! eww... tight clothes are yucky

u have desperado's everywhereeeeeeeeee.......believe me afghan women in the ladies section they do come like this .....though i dont doubt about their love for the family of ahlebaiy, but to show respect! i wouldnt advice any 1 to come like this!! its aint a partyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

i understand i wouldnt hitch or picth my son to this kind of girlll....not to mention to have this kind of asgirl as my daughter in law......ah wellll we cant change others ,,, but we can take a lesson from others....and perhaps onlyyy pass on the message to others!!!! that afghans , and being self a wannabe fob dont overdress urself when u r going somewhere!especiallly not on moharam!!!!

oh yeah!!! what afghans really like to wear to my idea is ''stretch stretch stretch , and lycra!!!!!!!! if u want style wear something with classsss , go couture definatly prada! but looking modest and humble and hijab is the best thing ,,,,,,,,,,afghans girl never learn *sigh*

well i should tell you its not just the afghan girls... add the desis.

though i dont doubt about their love for the family of ahlebaiy

hmm... if anyone from their own family passed away (God forbid) they'd be in so much pain as not to even talk to anyone, esp during the sermon being delivered during the funeral. but when it comes to the PROPHET'S family, its a totally diffrent thing.... :unsure: have people forgot the tradjegty of Karbala?

i agree with ya on that.....and it also seems like ppls only start realise being a shia follower and muslim only during moharam , and ashura and yet paying half attention....i hope and pray they all will get the guidance of god ...amen

I BELIEVE THAT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA IF THEY WOULD PUT THE SPEECHES IN ENGLISH (ESPECIALLY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ONLY SPEAK ENGLISH~HINT HINT!)....I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE SAYING SO THAT I COULD FEEL WHAT THE IMAMS FEEL WHENEVER THEY TELL A STORY ABOUT PROPHET MUHAMMED (pbuh) OR ABOUT FATIMA (pbuh)...... :Hijabi: