Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Ya Ali Madad instead of Salam Alaikum ?

Rate this topic

salam all!

bro Hizb IS totally CORRECT THAT Nahjul balagha is saheeh! but my quote to is from Nahjul Balagha :P So now its upto everyones own interpretation. Thats why aql is crucial.

The sayings that are given should also be looked at in the context that they were delivered!

Edited by FOOD!

this is interesting.

I have never ever ever seen a Shia use Ya Ali madaad as a greeting.

the islamic greeting is Salaamu Alaikum. Anything else is pointless.

Calling on the imam for help is not a greeting, (unless you realise the person you greeted has a loaded gun pointed at you)

why would anyone in their right mind not say salaamu alaikum first?

I've read all these posts, and it still baffles me how people can be so silly. It's not even worth discussing, say salam and thats it.

Not a very intellectual post, but isn't this like the simplest of issues?

greeting = salaam.

times of affliction or need or guidance = seeking help.

even in arabic, the word meaning to greet someone, is to "salim"

you guys have too much time on your hands if you wanna justifa Ya Ali madad as a greeting. It's not even a greeting!!

salaam

Yaa Ali Madad

Thankyou brother Food for some valid points first of all I have already forwarded a greeting used by Prophet Muhammed (SAW):

YAA ABAL GHAISOO AGHSEENI YAA ALI ADRAKNI

Anwarul-alvia pg 261

Would anybody like to comment about this greeting ?

Thankyou bro for informing us that it cannot be a bidah ?

Yaa Ali Madad

Guest AR
Yaa ali Madad

Listen brother when Allah(swt) decides to help he sends Maula Ali (as) who is Yaddullah !

Yaa Ali Madad

YA Allah MADAD YA Allah MADAD YA Allah MADAD YA Allah MADAD YA Allah MADAD YA Allah MADAD YA Allah MADAD YA Allah MADAD YA Allah MADAD :)

Allah IS THE CREATOR OF ALI(as)

ALI(as) IS A CREATION OF Allah

IF YOU WANT SOMETHING THEN ASK Allah FOR IT :)

Bismillah:

Salam to u all! J

using only reason.

All muslims would agree, anything that contradicts the Quran is wrong.

Imam al- Sadiq quoted Imam Ali as saying, when u are presented with a narrative “…..whatever corresponds to the Book of Allah take it and whatever contradicts it leave it.”

So far, I cannot see any contradictions: yes its recommended that we say salam when we see muslims; but not wajib. Only wajib to reply! We all know that it’s the preferred way of greeting as bro Hizb rightly pointed out in;

“…….when those who believe in Our revelations come unto thee, say: Peace be unto you!”Surah 6 ayah 54

The greeting recommened btwn all muslims is always Salam. None doubts that.

Ya Ali Madad = oh Ali Help me!

Now if certain plp want to add "ya ali madad" they can; although strange to greet someone saying “oh Ali help me?!” or if this has been written on posts; then maybe the writer want Imam Ali’s (as) help.

It just cannot not be bid'a if anything they are calling for the help of Ali - any calling of shaffa using the name of Ali is a good thing!

Especially considering when the prophet needed help and asked God(swt). God told Prophet (pbuh) to ask for a helper (waliy/ "mushil kusha") and this will be granted. This helper was Imam Ali ( God apppointed!!!!). So who are we to question whether, these plp should ask for help from Ali or not ?!!! if imam was fit enuff for the prophet to ask help from; then who better to ask help from?!

“ya Ali madad” is also a testimony of realizing the status of Ali. By doing so it is not blasphemous(as some profess), due to the fact that by elevating Ali, you in turn elevate the prophet(pbuh) and subsequently God!. Remember that the prophet said, that if he revealed the truth about imam Ali fully; he feared that plp would start worship him and go astray; such is his callobour.

The kind of behaviour that can be seen on the posts, reminds me of when the prophet and his companions were all in Masjid el Nebewi; a visitor had come to see the prophet. But before entering the mosque he sed SALAM. However he sent salam to Ali first and then to the prophet - likewise many of the companions were angry at the visitor and scorned him for insulting the prophet. The guest laughed and sed "oh prophet you spend time with them and teach them yet they still do not, understand what you say!"

The prophet, then asked the guest to explain: the visitor told him that u always show the status of Ali and u say Ali is "gate of knowledge" and "u are the city".

How can i enter the city without going through the gate? Ali is the God appointed pathway of asking for help!

Bro Hezbullahi the prophets helper was always Ali!!! If the prophet, as you say never sed “Ya Ali Madad” maybe that’s cos Ali (as) was always there to help at his side, the best of aid.

Bro Hizbullah the truth is not in what we see. Amirul Momineen(as)sed "Perception with eyes is not real observation, because eyes sometimes decieve the people; but wisdom doent decieve whomever it counsels."

(bismillah)

(salam)

You have completely misunderstood me.

1- I am not against tawassul

2- What I am against is "ya ali madad" replacing (salam) .

Capich ?

(salam)

Hezbullahi

Me personaly see it as a bidaa, how does "ali help me" get remotly close to the meaning of (salam) i really do not get it, dont replace gof with ali istaghfara Allah, do u sa y ali akbra when u pray? but if ur seeking help from god and u want to do it through Imam Ali (as) no prob, but ur breaking the limit man, this is total hypocracy!!

thats bad man, u shouldnt enter the room declaring ur shia, you should enter the room declaring ur muslim, stuff like this will only cause problems in the muslim faith and might as well impose more sects in our religion, comming in a room saying im shia to me is ignorant, come in saying Salam just like the prophet (as) did.....

[shakir 49:10] The believers are but brethren, therefore make peace between your brethren and be careful of (your duty to) Allah that mercy may be had on you.

Sadak Allah al-3aleyo al-3atheem

Salam

Bro Hezb, None suggests u replace ya Ali with salam!

If u understood me correctly u wud reaalise that, not everyone always sends salam on plp sum plp say hey, hi, hiya etc. - wud u say those plp are doing bid'a then?! i think not.

sending salam is not compulsory!

Likewise if someone chose to greet plp in the way u mentioned, then i agree its strange. But not bid'a!

To make up stuff like whats bid'a or not is wrong! ask an alim and get his view point.

In addition the sending of salam cannot be likened to salat - what u say in ti has been specified and the rules for prayer are so strict.

Edited by FOOD!

Pakies, Lebanese, Iraqis, Iranis, Palestinean, ........Allah does not care from what coutry u are? on the day of judgment you will not have a pasport with you!

ur muslim or not muslim!

khalsoona ba2a

So Br you would be class yourself with the majority of Muslims who reject your imam and deny fatima her right?

I'd rather be known as a Shia than to be known as such a "Muslim".

Edited by Baatil Ka Kaatil

its not denieing anyones right, if u call urself muslim then hence ur conclusion? umm

no man not really, why do u put muslim in " " and leave Shia naked? we do follow Imam Ali (as) but with all do respect he is inferior to the prophet, its goes like this

1) Allah Al-3atheem

2) Mohamad(AS)

3) Ali(AS)

they shouldnt be turned around!

going around saying im shia is ignorant, just my view on things

Salaam,

Ya Ali Madad....hmmmm

I think at the end of the day, IF it isn't necessary as a greeting, and IF it creates and bad name for Shias, and IF it creates fitna between shias and sunnis....then the Mutjahids will eventually make it makrooh as a greeting.

Anything which is not wajib, is not necessary and which creates problems for shias should in all ways be avoided.

Lets wait and see what happens

Wasalaam

no man not really, why do u put muslim in " " and leave Shia naked? we do follow Imam Ali  but with all do respect he is inferior to the prophet, its goes like this

1) Allah Al-3atheem

2) Mohamad(AS)

3) Ali(AS)

Agreed.

The badmouthed "malangs" as i have seen on this board do not raise him to a status above Rasool pbuh. This is a misunderstanding.

Assalam'alaikum wa rahmatulah wa barkatoho

I dont know why am i writing here respected brothers and sisters as i do not use Yaa Aly Madad as a greeting.

I know some people who do use it and when i ask them why they do that they say that before we send salam we have to know if that person is a Momin or a munafik and to support their views they quote that Ameeral momineen Ali (as) did not send salam to muawiya and instead said salam to the ones who accept the true path.

if everyone has this intention than i do not think that there is anything wrong in that.

As we are not aware of their intention than i think it will be wise to give our momin brothers the benefit of doubt based on the answer which one of them gave me.

Khuda Hafiz and wa alaikum'as'salam wa rahmatullah wa barkatuho

salaam aleikum

no man not really, why do u put muslim in " " and leave Shia naked? we do follow Imam Ali but with all do respect he is inferior to the prophet, its goes like this

1) Allah Al-3atheem

2) Mohamad(AS)

3) Ali(AS)

bro bkk

Agreed.

bro - which part did u say 'agreed' to. that ali(as) is after rasool(sa). is this comming from U.

On a personal level, if 'yes' - i am dissappionted-least to say, if no - i take back my post

akhbari

Yaa Ali Madad

just between paki's

Please brother Baatil Ka Kaatil, a responsible moderator should not be using words like Pakis- this kind of language is used by the far right parties. Please show some respect and say Pakistani's- Thankyou.

Yaa Ali Madad

salaam aleikum

bro bkk - the question was not wether u think ali(as) was higher than rasool(sa). It was wether u see ali(as) on the same level as rasool(as) or inferior.

salaam aleikum

bro bkk - the question was not wether u think ali(as) was higher than rasool(sa). It was wether u see ali(as) on the same level as rasool(as) or inferior.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Imam ali (as) is lower than Rasulallah pbuh . None of the creations of Allah(Swt) has ever matched him pbuh .

(salam)

Hezbullahi

salaam aleikum

(salam),

Br when we say Ali (as) is "inferior" to rasool pbuh, we do not mean to discredit Ali (as). Ali (as)'s status is not brought down by this statement, rather it shows that no one can be to the level of Rasool pbuh.

Wa'salaam

Asad Ali.

salaam aleikum

bro asad - i will simplify my question further as i could not understand ur answer. I would appreciate a reply like the one bro hizbullahi gave. Thanks

-Do u consider ali ibn abi talib(as) on the same level, status, manzilat, martaba, importance etc as that of mohd mustafa(sa) or not.

like i said earlier - it is a personal question between u and me. can be said on a PM level also.

akhbari

Do u consider ali ibn abi talib(as) on the same level, status, manzilat, martaba, importance etc as that of mohd mustafa(sa) or not.

No Bro I do not. See my explanation above. Why is this dissapointing you bro? :( ? PM me if you like.

salaam aleikum

bro asad - thanks for the reply. My mistake. i thought and expected otherwise, hence the disappointment.

No bro - no need for any Pm now. For me this is the most important thing after tauheed. I can give you many daleels, but why bother.

Do u consider ali ibn abi talib(as) on the same level, status, manzilat, martaba, importance etc as that of mohd mustafa(sa) or not.

Bro i just read your post again. You've mentioned a few things.

Manzilat - Status (?) I think Rasool pbuh is higher

Martaba - importance (?) - i think they would be equal :).

Edited by Baatil Ka Kaatil

Salam Alaikum

I believe nooraniyyat, ismat, etc of the Prophet (S) and Imam ALI (A) is the same, but there is small difference which is manifested from the ahadeeth that who followed who? Who gave the orders? If they both the same in every single way, and one is not inferior or greater than the other even by an atom's weight, why did one choose to lead and the other choose to serve and follow?

Salam Alaikum

I believe nooraniyyat, ismat, etc of the Prophet (S) and Imam ALI (A) is the same, but there is small difference which is manifested from the ahadeeth that who followed who? Who gave the orders? If they both the same in every single way, and one is not inferior or greater than the other even by an atom's weight, why did one choose to lead and the other choose to serve and follow?

i agree.........good point.